Closer

Fake, False, Fantasy

To my readers: 'Being near doesn't mean I am close, I may be at a distance but in my heart, I am a heartbeat away'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Got everything? Books? Bag? Lunch?" Seohyun asked Sehun at the door making sure her son had everything. Sehun smiled and held out everything she asked. Luhan came in with his briefcase and grabbed his keys. 

"Let's go?" Luhan asked the two as he held Sehun's hand. Sehun grabbed Seohyun's hand and the family walked to the front door. They stopped at the front door where a car was waiting. 

 

2014-bmw-4-series-rides-on-xix-wheels-ph

"Where's Suho? Isn't he going to drive us?" Seohyun asked Luhan. 

"Why? Can't I drive my own family?" Luhan asked amused looking at Seohyun while openeing the car door. Seohyun blushed thinking of how a family man Luhan was. Luhan also opened the door for Sehun who jumped in the car carrying his school bag. Luhan went around and slid into the car, put the car in gear and drove the car out of the drive way.  Luhan sat at the driver's seat while Seohyun was beside him and Sehun was at the back. Seohyun looked out of the window as the view changed from mansions to skyscrapers. The car drove through the busy streets of EXO city as people stopped and stared looking at the car of her husband and then started looking at the people inside - their eyes filled with envy. Seohyun looked away from them and moved around in her seat trying to aviod their gazes. Unlike Luhan and Sehun, Seohyun wasn't use to it.

When the car reached a red light, Luhan looked at Seohyun and realised how she felt as people's gaze were stuck on her. Luhan removed one of his hands from the wheel and gently took Seohyun's hand which grabbed her attention. She looked at him as he placed a gentle peck on her hand and gently squeezed her hand to relax her. To his luck she did as she sat more comfortable in her seat. She looked out of her window and saw Suho, sitting outside a cafe with a pretty young woman. He was in casual clothing and laughing enjoying his time with the lady as the lady had a huge smile on her face. This made Seohyun smile as she saw Suho more of a person than an employee. She was about to nudge  Luhan when she saw his gaze on a young lady on the opposite side of the road. When the lady caught his gaze she raised her hand up high in the air like she was going to touch the sky and waved at him. This childish action made Luhan smile and made a small wave back at her. Seohyun's mindset changed from the happy Suho to the mysterious girl waving at her husband. 

"Someone you know?" Seohyun leaned in and asked. Luhan looked at her then looked back at the girl who had disappear from her place. 

"Yeah, a good friend" Luhan said with a smile that never left his face. This made Seohyun feel a stabbing motion in her chest and a sick feeling in her stomach that eventually made it hard for her to breath. She opened the window and kept silent the whole way. 

"We are here" Luhan announced pulling up infront of an grand, expensive building. The building seemed to have aged but seemed expensive. 

be737c003ba051c47e5e3a021b936b474c9ca95d

Seohyun's mouth made an O-shape as she could not believe how priveledge Sehun was.

"Bye Appa, Bye Omma" Sehun said as he kissed his parents cheek. He took his bag and opened the door. Once closed he raced to his friends who greeted him with high-fives. Seohyun watched as he talked with his friends and all of the sudden pointed towards the car. Seohyun lowered the window to ask him when she heard him. 

"That's my omma!" Sehun shouted which made his friend's wave and bow towards Seohyun. Seohyun smiled and waved back at them covereing because she couldn't help but laugh at their cute actions. The car began to move again and Seohyun rolled back up her window to block out the shouting children and now amplifing the sound inside the car. 

"He goes to that school?" Seohyun asked pointing her thumb to the school with a face of disbelief. 

"Yes, I want the best for my son. The school will help him to one day take over my company" Luhan informed her to which Seohyun nodded. 

"I just can't believe how big and beautiful the school looks. It must be expensive" Seohyun said with her eyes looking at the school disappear as the car turned. 

"The best of the best, teachers, books and equipment." Luhan stated proud that he could offer his son so much.

"Did you go to this school?" Seohyun asked.

"Yes, this is EXO elementary. After I went to EXO middle school, Emerald High School and EXO university... but Sehun will be better off at Wolf Private Boarding School for boys." He listed when he took a glance at Seohyun as she stayed quiet. 

"Sooo...umm..Seohyun what school did you go to?" Luhan tried to start a normal conversation with her. 

"ummm...I went to SM elementary, SM middle school and SM High School" Seohyun replied looking down at her fidgeted hands. Luhan again glanced at her waiting for another answer. 

"What about university?" Luhan asked. 

"I didn't go to university... my appa died right after I finished High School and there was no money left and my omma needed help with the bakery  so I stopped my education and went to help her and to earn money so I could go back to school again. But it's too late" Seohyun said quietly. Luhan's heart sank and felt guilty after taking her to his son's school and then talking about his priviledged life and then making her say hers which she was not proud of. Schools in SM were in poor conditions and were only opened to give the people in SM a future (working for people in EXO city). The money came from the goverment when they had extra money which were small amounts as EXO needed money to sustain the city. Luhan didn't know what to say and thought carefully about what he was going to say when Seohyun started first. 

"Can you drop me off at the bakery? I need to see how Amber is handling it" Seohyun softly asked him making his heart sink further. Luhan felt pressure on his heart as he imagined a small girl with long dark hair and milky skin walking to school in casual clothing with worn out books. Luhan's train of thoughts were interrupted with a shout. 

"Luhan stop!" Luhan immediately did, as he thought they were about to get into an accident. But to his surprised there was nothing in front of them. Seohyun immediately ran out of the car towards Amber and a familiar lady. Luhan wanted to follow her when he realised he stopped in the middle of the street. He saw a free parking space and went to park. 

Seohyun walked towards Amber and the lady seeing their heated argument. She wanted to know why they were shouting infront of her store. Amber saw her out of the corner of her eye and her jaws dropped after she recognised her friend who had entirely changed. 

article.jpg

"Seohyun? Is that you?" Amber asked as she couldn't believe it. 

"Yeah Amber! It's me" Seohyun ran to hug her. 

"What happened to you? You told me you have a temporary job. If they give you so much money that you can buy clothes like these, you should aim to make it permanent" Amber told her as Seohyun looked down at her expensive, comfortable designer clothing compared with Amber's worn out clothing. Seohyun felt her heart in pain as she pitied her and SM people. Seohyun had a big heart and cared for people more than she cared for herself. 

"Ummm, I only borrowed it for work purposes" Seohyun told her vaguely not wanting to lie to her bestfriend but not wanting to expose her secret. Amber was going speak when the lady she was arguing with, purposly cleared . Seohyun turned to her and realised it was the annoying girl at the party. Seohyun knew she was in a difficult position and had to be careful with what she said. She also hoped Luhan had left as she looked around and not seeing any sign of his car she felt much lighter. 

"I know you" Jessica pointed as Seohyun and squinted her eyes. 

"Yes, I was at the party of Xi Luhan... now can I ask what you are doing here?" Seohyun tried to change the subject. 

"I am buying this shop and we are going to replace it with a much more... successful popular shop" This horrified Seohyun. 

"You cannot" Seohyun scolded her. 

"Are you the manager?" Jessica asked. 

"Why would you want to buy this shop at this part of the city?" Seohyun avoided her question wanting her both identities to remain a secret. 

"It's cheap and this shop is going out of business anyways" Jessica said with arrogance as she crossed her arms showing how much of a spoiled brat she was. All three girls started to get into a heated argument and soon started shouting which started to get attention of people in the streets, 

"That's enough" Luhan yelled as he walked up to them. 

"Luhan oppa. Thank god you are here. Can you tell these girls to just give me their business!" Jessica ordered him. Luhan looked at Seohyun who had a pleading look. Luhan was smart and knew the position she was in. If she had to pose as Luhan's wife it would be likely they were going to bump into Jessica again as her family is in business with Luhan and her being their heir. Also Jessica and Luhan were friends since their middle school days and dated when Luhan was a trouble maker and wanted to take advantage of her.

"Ms Jung, I don't think that it is appropraite to scream at the people you want to make a deal with. Also don't buy this shop, I will give you one of my openeings in the central of EXO" This made Jessica smile as she wanted the best. and what is better than the main part of the city.She jumped and wrapped her arms around Luhan which made him and Seohyun uncomfortable. 

"Jessica stop it" Luhan removed her hands as Jessica frowned. 

"Sehun's mother has come back and we are becoming a family again. I want to be a good husband and good father" Luhan told her gently. Jessica was touched with what she heard. All of the sudden she didn't see the arrogant, selfish playboy anymore. She saw a man trying to be a good father. While Amber nudged Seohyun.

"That's nice Luhan. I am proud of you. I have to go now. Text me the information for that space" Jessica said sincerely as she decided to give up as she got into her car and drove away. 

"That's a shame. I thought Luhan liked you but atleast Sehun has a mother." Amber whispered. This made Seohyun smile inside as she knew Luhan is in LOVE her and she was Sehun's mother. 

"Umm, ladies. You have a good day. Seohyun, Would you like a ride?" Luhan asked as Seohyun nodded. She said her goodbyes to Amber and told her to call if there are any problems. Luhan and Seohyun got into the car. The car stopped when they got into traffic. Seohyun looked out again and saw the cafe in which she saw Suho earlier which reminded her to tell Luhan. When she looked at Luhan, he was looking out the window in search of someone. Once he finally found that person he beeped his horn catching her attention to which she waved and winked at him. Luhan chuckled as she disappeared in the crowd. Seohyun having witnessed this felt a feeling she could not describe but she didn't like it.