Determination

Fake, False, Fantasy

To my readers: 'Go for what you want, you only live once' 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan woke hearing the quick breathing of the girl on the bed. 

"Seohyun, your awake. How do you feel? The doctor said you will be alright" Luhan rushed to her side and placed his hand behind her head. In an instant Seohyun snatched his hand away as if he was a disease. Luhan looked at his hand completely baffed. 

"Seohyun? What's wrong? It is something I said. I'm sorry for what I said in the house. I take it back" Luhan spoke fast similar to the beat of his heart. 

"Don't worry Luhan. In fact. Take it all back" Seohyun didn't bother to look at him. 

"Seohyun, I -- I lov" 

"I just want to finish this job and get my money" Seohyun stated coldly making Luhan feel as if he didn't recongnise her. When Luhan was about to respond the door burst open. 

"Omma!" Sehun ran with tear strained cheeks. He made his way onto his mother's hospital bed and wrapped his arms around her. 

"Sehun!" Her ice cold exterior melted by her sun/son. She wrapped her arms around him not wanting to let him go. She kissed his head and took in his scent - strawberry shampoo. She smiled at the thought. 

"Omma, are you okay? Are you going to leave?" Sehun panicked and could not remain still. Seohyun smiled and held him. 

"Don't worry, omma is not going anywhere" Seohyun whispered to him. She was definately going to miss him. She grew fond of him and because of him, she gained her motherly instincts. In a moment of daze, she realised how she is going to live without him - she had grown attached to him and she couldn't believe she would  not be there to see him graduate, to see him get married or to see him take over Luhan's place. 

"Omma, why are you crying?" Sehun wiped the tear coming from Seohyun's eyes. 

"I'm just really happy" It was true she was happy but sad at the same time coming to reality and out of their fantasy. Luhan looked at them having different thoughts. He knew she wouldn't immediately jumped into his arms and marry him on the spot. He knew he would have to work for it. 'Don't worry Seohyun. I will make you fall for me and then you will not have to leave' Luhan thought. He felt determined and even more encouraged seeing his son and Seohyun happy together with Hyoyeon joining them at the foot of the bed looking at Luhan and then at Seohyun and Sehun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan, Seohyun, Sehun and Hyoyeon came home when the doctor released Seohyun. Hyoyeon took Sehun to the kitchen to make cupcakes. 

"Come on omma, you are great at making cupcakes" Sehun pulled his mother to the kitchen. 

"Sehun your omma is still tired, she needs her rest" Hyoyeon held Sehun. Sehun understood but didn't bother to hide his disappointment. Seohyun was about to give in when Luhan came forward. 

"Sehun, the doctor said your omma needs rest. Then she can play with you" Seohyun's face imeediately went hard at Luhan's excuse. 

"On second thought let's make cupcakes" Seohyun ingnored Luhan's word, held Sehun and made their way to the kitchen. Luhan standing their slightly hurt as she was resissting his care for her. 

After Seohyun and Sehun were finished, Seohyun made her way to Luhan's room. She stopped at the entrance seeing her things in her room. Despite her not wanting to converse with Luhan, she couldn't help but ask. 

"The doctor says you need rest, so you can take my bed. So when Sehun or any servants or friends visit you, you don't have to move" Luhan's words sounded right much to Seohyun's dismay. She crossed her arms about to reject the offer.

"Don't worry. You can sleep here and I will sleep in your room" Luhan's apologetic face pained Seohyun's heart which soften her. Luhan approached her when she walked away in another direction. 

"I know your mad Seohyun but I will make it up to you" Seohyun was already on her way to her bedroom and lock the door when she found, no lock. 

"What happened to the lock Luhan?" Her stern voice making Luhan fear her. 

"It's my room now. There's no need for a lock" Seohyun took a pillow from her bed and threw it to Luhan making him fall on the ground. She walked to the door avoiding him and left her room. He sighed realising this wasn't going to be easy. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At dinner time the family entered the diningroom. Luhan sat at the top with Sehun next to him. He expected Seohyun to sit on his other side but to his surprise she sat next to Sehun. The servants and Luhan stared at her actions. 

"Omma, why don't you sit next to appa?" Sehun too didn't ignore the abnormality. 

"Omma wants to sit next to you" Seohyun warmly told him. Sehun agreed wanting his omma close to him. 

"Seohyun, why don't you sit here? You are opposite Sehun" Luhan said motioning to her usually spot. Seohyun gave him an ice cold glare in response. Luhan didn't need a response to know that he shouldn't have said anything at all. 

The dinner continued with mostly Sehun and Seohyun speaking. Whenever Luhan try to participate in the conversation Seohyun would remain silent hurting Luhan. 

Throughout the first week after Seohyun's accident she avoided Luhan and only spent time with him if Sehun was present. A part from that she stayed away from him. Silent and cold. Luhan didn't like this at all and was afraid this would continue and before he knew it the 6 months were going to finish and she would leave him. 

He gathered up the courage to approach Seohyun in the livingroom. 

"Seohyun, I know you are mad but spend a day with me. Just you and me." Luhan asked her as she was changing the arrangements of her crystals. She remained silent not taking notice of his present. 

"Who knows, you may enjoy it. I really want to spend some time with you" Luhan pleaded. Seohyun became fed up and was about to leave the room when Luhan held her wrist. When he grabbed her attention he let go. 

"Okay, if this is what you want. I will give it to you." He removed his blazer and undid his tie. He grabbed a chair and stepped on it. He tied the tie around his neck and onto the light fixture on top. 

"Stop!" Seohyun screamed in horror seeing Luhan about to hang himself. The light fixture was too high and Seohyun frozen in place refusing to take in what she was witnessing. This caused the servants and Hyoyeon to rush in the room. All showed similar expressions of horror and fear seeing Luhan about to kill himself. 

"Luhan please, stop. Think about Sehun and Seohyun" Hyoyeon begged him as her face turned pale in fear of losing Luhan - he was like a son to her. She cared for him deeply. 

"This is want Seohyun wants" Luhan tightened the knots onto the light fixture and around his neck. A serious face came upon him making the people witnessing feeling as if he was actully going to do it. 

tumblr_mrq5gmCjCE1s620oxo1_250.gif

"Luhan! Your crazy!" Seohyun shouted. 

"If Seohyun doesn't agree to spend one day with me, then I will jump of the chair and kill myself" Hyoyeon began to plead Seohyun. Seohyun hesistated wondering if he would do it. 

"On 3" Luhan declared. 

"1!" 

"Seohyun , please say yes" Hyoyeon pleaded. 

"Mrs Xi please, Mr Xi will kill himself" The servants begged her. 

"Mrs Xi, please don't let him do it" 

"This is crazy"

"2!" 

"Seohyun! Say something. What about Sehun?" Hyoyeon held her hands begging Seohyun. 

"Mrs Xi please, stop this" 

"Mrs Xi please" The employees panicked increased. 

"Please!" 

Some of the older employees began to pray 

"This is crazy!" Seohyun became frustrated. 

"3!"