Realisation

Fake, False, Fantasy

To my readers: 'Realisation is to get rid of the delusion that you have not realised' 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan's expression read determination as his attention was alternating from the papers in front of him to the screen which contained multiple windows. He was organising papers and the presentation for a business meeting about to take place in the conference room. As he placed the papers in order, he tapped the bottom of the papers on the table to make them align with each other when his phone rang. 

"Ms Lee I know, I'm on my way to meet Mr Do Kyung-soo" Luhan informed her. 

"Sir Xi there is an emergency call for you!" Sunny said with urgency in her voice. Luhan immediately placed his papers on his desk and grabbed the phone and placed it on his ear. 

"What is it?" Luhan's eye's widened, his entire body remained frozen except his heart which beated frantically as he absorbed what he had just heard. Luhan dropped the phone and ran out the door. As he ran through his door Sunny stood as she saw her boss run past her. Her face filled with pity for him as she watched him run though the other offices. 

The employees were working in a calm manner which was interrupted but the rushed footsteps of their boss, whose eyes were placed on the elevator door. They all stopped their work and watched their boss smash the button for the elevator, shocked at his actions. Even in grave or sudden situations their bossed remained his composure while everyone including Kris would panic but seeing him now he became the subject to everyone's conversations. 

"!" Luhan shouted as the elevator was moving in the opposite direction. All the employees stood still as if their were playing a game. They did not want Luhan to pussh his anger onto them, they were frightened as they have never seen their boss loose control like this. Luhan changed direction as he slammed opened the door to the stairs. His anxious employees watched his figure get smaller until the door closed and left them distraught. 

"What do you think happened to him?" An employee asked as the other shrugged. 

"Is it a family problem?" A new employee tapped the shoulder of her mentor. 

"I doubt it. He hardly talks to his family. But the ones he does talk to are upstairs" Her mentor informed her. 

"What about his wife or child?" She asked

"He doesn't have a wife or a child" The mentor looked in her eye. A face of sorrow as she felt bad for her boss. She continued. 

"So handsome ans so successful. I know it's hard to believe"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hyoyeon, where is he?!" Luhan yelled as he ran in his smart dark grey suit down the hall of the hospital.

"He is in there sir, but we are not allowed to see him" The middle aged lady pointed at a double closed white doors with one square window on each.

"What happened?!" Luhan screamed at her making her step back in fear. Luhan calmed down as he realised he placed his anger on her. Hyoyeon knew Luhan very well. She had been working for his family when she was a teenager, even before he was born. Even when his parents died she remained close with Luhan and Tiffany and Jongin who were Luhan's sibilings. 

"I don't know sir, I dropped off Sehun and all of the sudden I heard screaming, the school called the ambulance. I didn't see anything because there was a massive crowd that gathered around the scene. I tried to find Sehun and that's when I realised he was the boy everyone was crowding around." Hyoyeon explained trying to relax Luhan. Luhan with a panicked expression sat at the nearest seat and placed his head between his palms as Hyoyeon sat beside him and patted his back indicating that everything will be alright. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor please help!" Seohyun yelled as she entered the hospital. A man in a white jacket approached her.

"What happened?" The man asked helping Seohyun hold the woman in her arms.

"She fainted, I don't know, I took her from SM TOWN to the city where our bakery is and then she fainted, Doc please help!" Seohyun held his arm and pleaded as he looked at her and felt sympathy for her as water filled her eyes.

"Don't worry,we will help her" His reassurance relaxed her a bit when her mother was placed on a hospital wheel chair. She watched her mother, doctor and nurses speed pass two white doors.

"Miss, please wait here" A nurse held Seohyun and directed her to the waitingroom. Although it was no use. Seohyun ran out of the hospital and left the nurse flabergasted to her sudden action to leave.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

"Who is the legal guardian to Xi Sehun" A doctor came out with a clipboard. 

"I am" Luhan immediately stood up and raised his hand. The doctor nodded and indicated him to follow. Luhan and Hyoyeon followed the doctor into the room with a little boy laying on the hospital bed. 

"Sehun!" Luhan called him. He continued with this hand cupping his son's face and continued calling his name. 

"Sehun...Sehun please wake my son" Luhan's voice became weak as he pleaded for his son to wake. Hyoyeon stood next to the doctor with her hands covering her face. Sehun was like a son to her. 

"Ap--pa, is that you?" Sehun said as his hand touched his father's face to wipe Luhan's tears.

"Why are you crying?" Sehun blinked cutely making Luhan chuckle.

"What happened Sehun?" Luhan said his son's face. Sehun looked down at his feet and fiddled with his tiny fingers. 

"Sehun, What happened?" Luhan repeated realising there was something behind the reason. 

"Appa, some kids were making fun of me because I didn't have an omma but I said I did and they didn't believe me. I got mad, I tried to make them cry but I felt sleepy" Sehun babbled. Luhan's heart sank seeing his son suffer from his mistakes. Luhan realised how much Sehun needed a mother. 

"Sehun, it's not right that you were trying to hurt the boy, did Appa brought you up that way?" Luhan chided him gently. 

"I know Appa, I'm sorry but tell them I have an omma, I have an omma right! Where's my omma?" Sehun broke down into tears that he could not control. Luhan opened his arms as his son sobbed into his shoudler. After Luhan calmed Sehun he was asked outside by the doctor. 

"Mr Xi Luhan, your son is not in a good mental state. From his explanation the absence of a mother is the source of his stress, excuse me if this question is too personal but could you get his mother here?" The doctor's tone of voice became softer. 

"I don't know, I don't think so. She is not in our lives" Luhan tried to explain his situation with the doctor. 

"Well sir it is crucial that you find a distraction but to ensure he is at a normal mental state he needs to have a mother figure" The doctor explained to him. 

"He has Hyoyeon, his nanny" Luhan's hand directed to the room. 

"Your son is very smart sir and I am sure he knows that she is an employee. A child can tell between family and employees and sir, nothing can be stronger than the bond between mother and child" The Doctor wisely told Luhan who processed what the doctor said. It's not like Luhan didn't try to find Sehun's mother. Luhan spent the first four years after she left trying to find her even hiring a private investigator. Unfortunately there was no trace of her. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan found himself walking through the hospital looking at families. His attentions focused on mothers and their children hugging, laughing or crying. This supported what the doctor had said. He found himself at the exit. His eye were placed on a young woman sitting on the bench. He noticed that long dark silky hair, the slim body, the posture and the creamy milky skin. A small smile appeared on his face as his direction headed towards her.

"Ms Seo" Luhan called her but to his attempt he did not get an answer not even a reaction. 

"Seohyun" He tapped her shoulder. Seohyum jumped and turned seeing the handsome young man she met a couple of days ago. 

"Aren't I going to see you later" Luhan smiled although Seohyun panicked as she immediately looked at her watch. It's 12:00pm on a saturday. She had 4 hours left to get back at the bakery where Amber continued baking the cakes as Seohyun took her mother to the hospital. 

"Yes sir, I have left the job in the hands of my trust worthy employee. I had an emergency. My mother fainted. She's getting sicker by the day." Seohyun faced her lap and softly sobbed. Luhan's heart felt heavy as he watched the most beautiful girl he has ever met, cry right in front of him. Luhan placed his hand on her shoulder and tightened his grip. Seohyun felt the relaxing pressure. She raised her eyes and saw Luhan looking into her eyes with a soft caring expression. One everyone thought he wasn't capable of. They looked at each other's eyes, each second struck a chord within their bodies. Secretly both were praying it will last forever. 

"Sir Sehun wants to see you" Hyoyeon was undetected behind them. 

"Sehun is in the hospital!" Seohyun raised her voice in an alarmed state. 

"He's okay, would you like to see him?" Luhan's tone got higher as he tried to presuade her. Before Seohyun could answer Luhan swiftly grabbed her hand and pulled her into the hospital and into Sehun's room. 

"Seohyun!" Sehun shouted noticing the girl who has stepped in with his father and nanny. 

"Sehun!" Seohyun ran and hugged his tiny body. 

"You are so brave and strong" Seohyun let go of the hug and bent to his height. 

"I am my appa's son" Sehun said looking at his father. Luhan with his hands in his pocket chuckled and looked in the opposite direction. Luhan felt embarressed as he always said something like that and now his son was following him which made him laugh. 

"You definately are" Seohyun said as she pinched his cheek. Seohyun and Sehun played games, talked and laugh. Luhan stared at them from the entrance of the room realising the similarity between Seohyun and Sehun to the mothers and children outside. Luhan smiled picturing a family with Sehun including Seohyun. He smiled at the thought. 

"Luhan" An 40 year old man rushed in. 

"Great uncle" Sehun yelled. 

"Sehun, you okay?" Minho asked as Yuri appeared at his side and gave a hug to Sehun. Sehun gave a thumbs up making everyone in the room smile. Minho indicated to Luhan to go outside. 

"Where is his mother? Don't try it Luhan the doctor already told us. I have been soft, sending your aunt to tell you but this has gone too far. Not only is Sehun suffering and in the hospital now because of your mistakes but your company in under pressure as well. Kris called. You missed the meeting with DO industry. You know he is your ticket to the top. Their company is worldwide. You need to  find Sehun' mother now or else I will send him to the orphange. You cannot have a son without a mother." Minho's voice raised getting closer to Luhan as Yuri held him back. Yuri pulled Minho out of the hospital to calm him down leaving Luhan in a frustrated state.