Coming Back

Fake, False, Fantasy

'If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mrs Xi!" Suho ran into the house in a hurry. Seohyun stood at his presence noticing the panic in his voice as well as noticing the car still running outside. She knew that she was about to recieve bad news... and what a perfect time to come. 

"It's Madam Hyoyeon, her conditioned worsen and she is being rushed to the hospital. Mr Xi told me to inform you" Seohyun was disheartened to hear the news. After all Hyoyeon was kind to her especially knowing her background and the lie she is a part of. And the fact that Hyoyeon dedicated her life to raising Luhan and Sehun, filling in as the mother figure both of them were deprived of. She has grown attached to Hyoyeon herself and considered her as family too despite the reality of their situation. 

"Sooyoung, I will come back." Seohyun informed her to which Sooyoung gave a small smile and nodded. She bid goodbye to Sooyoung, Luna and Minhyuk and rushed out the door with Suho. 

"Did you not find what you were looking for?" Suho asked Seohyun through the review mirror. Seohyun had a momentary panic as lying was not a skill she had developed in - which was ironic given her 'job'. 

"Uhhh, no. I couldn't remember where I had placed it" Seohyun responded. She could feel the speed of the car increase as they made their way to EXO hospital. 

At the Hospital 

"Hello, Mrs Xi. I'm here for a woman named Hyoyeon.....uhh" Seohyun said in a panicked state, unable to recall her last name. It never occured to her to remember Hyoyeon's last name.

"Seohyun!" Luhan called as he jogged down the hospital corridor towards Seohyun. The two collided together in an embrace. Seohyun's head rested on Luhan's shoulder as Luhan caressed her head. Seohyun held on finding it difficult to let go and feeling at peace within his arms. Still in an embrace a man approached them. 

"Family of Kim Hyoyeon" The couple let go of each other and walked towards the doctor. 

"She has been working for my family since she was 16. She doesn't have any family members I know of" Luhan spoke. 

"Oh yes sir, Mr Xi I pressume. We were momentarily trying to get more information on Mrs Kim as it is imperiant we contact her family. Her address is in the Xi estate and her beneficiary is Xi Luhan and Xi Sehun" The doctor went through the documents in his hands. Seohyun noticed Luhan's brow furrowed at the doctors response yet he kept quiet. 

"Why is it important that you contact her family?" Seohyun asked afraid. It is always known that contacting the closest kin ment to identify the body and take it away. 

"Well..." The doctor was waiting for her name. "Mrs Xi" Seohyun introduced herself. 

"Well, Mrs Xi. Ms Kim has lung disease which needs to be treated as soon as possible. If it worsens without treatment, it could be fatale. We need the closest family members for first, permission for the treatments and secondly for finance. These treatments require specialist and advanced equipment. If it cannot be afforded then we aren't allowed to carry out the treatments" The doctor informed the two. 

"The finance doesn't matter. I can pay for it. Do whatever it takes" Luhan said. His short sentences seemed that he was scared which didn't surprise Seohyun or the doctor knowing he would do anything for Hyoyeon. The doctor nodded and after filling the required forms the two walked to Hyoyeon's room. Luhan walked with Seohyun holding the small of her back with his phone on the other hand. 

"Suho, please pick up Sehun from school and take him home. Tell Sugi to take care of him. And do not tell him anything about Hyoyeon. I will explain it to him when we get home." Luhan stated and hung up. 

"Why keep Sehun in th dark? Wouldn't Hyoyeon want to see him?" Seohyun questioned the masked Luhan. He was expressionless allowing no sense of humanity to be detected - it was his only way to remain strong. He needed to be strong, for eveyone else. 

"In time but Sehun can't see Hyoyeon in her state. What any child shouldn't see it someone important to them with machines hooked up to them, appearing weak and sickly. It would give him nightmares and I'm sure Hyoyeon wouldn't want Sehun to see him in this state." Luhan spoke in a monotone voice. Despite this Seohyun could still see the care and worry in his eyes as he looked straight ahead. 

"Did you know she names you and Sehun her beneficiary?" Seohyun directed the conversation to a different path. 

"No, I didn't. But I'm not surprised. The past 28 years she has been working for us, never once can I recall that she took time off to see her family or even go back home. As far as I can remember Hyoyeon has no family left in SM TOWN. We are all she has." Luhan told Seohyun regaining past memories. Seohyun kept on walking knowing Luhan full well to know that he was in one of his moods. She couldn't blame him. Being deprived of a mother and a father must of has a long term effects on him. His inability to express emotions as clearly was result of it. All of the sudden she felt her hand pulled back. She was holding Luhan's hand when he stopped in his tracks. In her mind she didn't even notice, the behaviour seemed natural to them. She noticed he was looking at a chapel door. 

"I went in this very chapel to pray for you. So that God wouldn't take you away from me. Only then did I give into my feelings about you." He looked towards Seohyun and held her hands. 

"You must know that I am not crazy" Luhan started off making Seohyun chuckle. "But the very first time I saw, I felt the hole in my heart heal. I know that sound cheesy but there is not other way to describe it. My mother dying broke me and Sehun's mother leaving tore me apart. Sehun gave me the will to better myself, to be able to love another person to the point that I care more about his life than my own. But I thought I could never find a girl to love again. Until I saw you, I saw you with Sehun and I got to know you. Come on Seohyun. I am a sucessful businessman. Wouldn't you think I would have come up with a better idea than this? But I subconciously went with this idea because it was a way of bringing you closer and keeping you around. I know this sounds like stockholme syndrome but the bottom line is. I did this because I love you. I loved you from the very first time I saw you. I just have been living life thinking another woman wouldn't love me. And I was to straighten things out. Be honest and start over" Luhan expressed his feelings from the very depths he closed many years ago. 

"Luhan, I am just as crazy as you. Well sort of. You didn't force me into this job, I guess I wanted to to help my mother and to be with you and Sehun. Gosh I love Sehun, like he is my own. And you too. I want to start over as well." Seohyun admitted with a sheepish grin being overjoyed by what she heard. 

"What about school or your bakery? What about your mother? Do you really want to be with a guy who has a child? Do you want to be a mother at such a young age?" Luhan came up with so many questions picturing so many scenarios that could go wrong. 

"I could go back to school, nothing stopping me. I looked after my mother and the bakery through Highschool. The bakery can still continue without me there. It has, it has become so sucessful with your help. My mother is getting better and maybe some day she can visit or even join us. She would be happy to know that I have found a man that loves me and will look after me. I don't care Luhan. I love you and Sehun too. Why would that be a problem?" Luhan smiled at her response. 

"What about your family?" Seohyun spoke. "We told Sehun I am his mother, if we tell them the same thing. What will they think of me. Leaving our child with you then running off. Only to come back" Seohyun went on, scared of consequences. 

"They know the truth. They are the only people besides from Hyoyeon and myself who knows who Sehun's mother really is. They will be happy for Sehun and I and will be grateful to you that we have someone like you in our lives." Luhan cupped her face and began to lean.

"Assuming that this is long term" Seohyun began. Luhan's smile slowly faded. "This will be long term" Luhan stated not wanting anything to change between them. Not now,not ever. "Sehun will find out I am not his mother" Seohyun said sadly. 

"He will know we lied to him" Seohyun went on. Luhan frowned agreeing with her but he continued to lean in. "Don't worry, we will cross that bridge when we get to it" He smiled reassuringly at her. 

"Aww young love" The couple's attention swiftly moved to an old lady in a patient gown in a wheelchair.

"Don't mind her. She is a romantic" The nurse pushing the old lady spoke.

"By the way" Luhan faced Seohyun. "You're fired" Luhan spoke which made them both burst into laughter. 

"I was going to quit anyways. I fell in love with my boss" Seohyun said cheekily moving down the hallway pulling Luhan to her. 

Luhan began to walk again with Seohyun close by his side. Luhan talked about idiotic things he and his older brother use to do such as wrapping an entire car in cellphane. The couple were laughing while walking down the hallway as they entered Hyoyeon's room. Seohyun now understood why Luhan didn't want Sehun to see Hyoyeon. Hyoyon's hair becam brittle, the purple bags made her eyes droop, the redness in her skin clashed with her know pale skin. She indeed looked sickly. Hyoyeon on the other hand noticed the two smiling and holding onto each other which warmed her heart, that is until Seohyun frowned seeing her. 

"Don't worry dear, I am fine. Luhan you don't need to pay for treatments. I am sure I will be fine" Hyoyeon said non chantly pretending she was fine. 

"It's the illness talking. Ahjumma, you need to get better" Luhan spoke while Seohyun went to Hyoyeon's side. 

"Luhan would you mind getting the nurse, I am feeling the pain coming back." Hyoyeon spoke softly as if she is finding peace in her state which worried the two. Was she ready to leave them? As Luhan left Hyoyeon turned to Seohyun and held her hand. 

"From what I see, you two have straightened things out?" Hyoyeon asked with much anticipation. She was excited for the two. 

"Yes, ahjumma. We love each other and we both love Sehun. Although it took us a long time to realise that and a weird beginning. We are going to make things work." Seohyun spoke with much enthusiasm which pleased Hyoyeon. 

"Seohyun, Luhan has been a son to me and Sehun, a grandchild. These two men are important to me. And someday I will leave them in your care. Please look after them, they do not need to be hurt again" Hyoyeon weakly pleaded.

"Don't worry ahjumma, while I am around, I won't let anything bad happen to them" Seohyun reassured her while Luhan and a nurse walked in. 

"She needs to sleep now, I am giving her an injection that will ease the pain but it will make her tired" The nurse informed the two. Luhan placed his arm around Seohyun to comfort her as the two watch Hyoyeon fall alseep. The two made their way home in silence. The thought of the possibility of Hyoyeon leaving them, they became more anxious and they silently panicked. The car stopped but before Seohyun got out, Luhan held her hand grabbing her attention. 

"She is going to be alright, I am going to make sure she gets the best treatment in the country" Luhan said to remove her doubts and worry. He would do anything to keep her happy. 

The two entered the door. Seohyun was jumped upon by a little 'green dragon'. Upon holding on, it was Sehun in a lizard onsie. 

"Mommy, daddy, where have you been?" Sehun said in a worried tone as he held tightly onto Seohyun. 

"I'm sorry baby, we were..." Seohyun found herself needing help. 

"We dropped off ajhumma as a holiday resort. So she can rest" Luhan spoke which seemed to soothe Sehun. The family made their way to Sehun's room and placing him in bed. 

~ Flashback ~ 

"I don't get it. She has been gone for nearly a year" Krystal said as the three were at the Byun mansion. Yoona had been missing for almost a year and despite months of searching, the detectives and officers found nothing. The search was called off when Yoona's parents stepped in declaring they know where Yoona is. 

"Why would she just leave? Luhan, you were the last to see her. What happened?" Krystal went on. Despite the long period of Yoona's absence Krystal was still worried and she deeply missed her bestfriend.

"I don't know" Luhan spoke quietly. He was worried that he was the reason behind Yoona's departure. Did she leave out of guilt or anger from sleeping with him? Was she ashamed to face him? Luhan had no idea and the thought haunted him day and night. 

"You didn't come home until morning. What happened?" Krystal continued to worry. Jongin came closer and placed his arm around her to comfort her. After going home together the last time they saw Yoona, Jongin admitted his feelings for her and it didn't take long for Krystal to reciprocate his feelings. They were officially a couple. 

"I took her home but I couldn't drive because I felt really tired and had some to drink so I fell asleep in her livingroom. Then I went home, out of my alcohol smelling clothing and went to my morning lecture." Luhan told them exasperated at saying the same story. Apart from sleeping in the livingroom the story was true.

~ a couple of days later ~

It was Krystal's 21st birthday and all she wanted was to celebrate with her boyfriend and her two bestfriends along with Xi family and Krystal's own family. If only Yoona could come. Jongin saw it in, Krystal would have had more fun if Yoona was there and it depressed him that there was nothing he could do to make the woman he loved happy. The three were talking in the centre of her mansion when the crowd went silent. The music turned off and the people cleared a path that started from the door way heading to the three. 

"Yoona!" Krystal rushed to hug her. The boys looked at her finding she had not changed. Well beside from her hair and the maturity that came with her.  

Yoona-520x860.jpg 

"Where have you been?" Krystal asked but Yoona's eyes were directly on Jongin which he found to be uncomfortable as if he should be guilty. 

"Yoona, I'm so glad you are back" Jongin appraoched Yoona and hugged her. 

"I am glad to be back" Yoona responded with a smile but quickly turned to a frown when Jongin stepped back to hold Krystal in his arms. 

"What is going on here?" Yoona said shocked and angered by her crush and her bestfriend holding tightly onto each other. 

"You have missed a lot since you were gone, Jongin and I, we are in love" Krystal said excitedly but stopped seeing her friend with a disgusted look on her face.

"What's wrong Yoona?" Krystal asked coming closer towards her. Her party guest could feel the tension in the room but yet they couldn't leave. The site was much too interesting.

"You sleep with me then you start a relationship with my bestfriend while I was gone?" Yoona shouted at Jongin with all the hate in her body. She stared at the two appauled at them while the couple stepped back not wanting to be in slapping reach of her. Yoona had been their friend throughout their lives and knew that she was capable of hurting someone if they crossed her. Luhan held her back to which she violently shrugged him off.

"No! Don't touch me" Yoona harshly pushed him aside as if he wasn't important to her. Luhan was deeply hurt by her actions but it wasn't his first priority.

"Yoona, we never slept together. What are you talking about?" Jongin asked placing Krystal behind him to protect her. He spoke softly wanting no commotion and hopefully to calm Yoona down.

"The last night you saw me, you took me home and we slept together!" Yoona declared and the crowd gasped and little whispers were heard. The couple were confused and Luhan felt like he wanted some sort of disaster to happen to prevent this conversation to go any further. Before Jongin could interrupt Yoona's loud outburst she continued.

"And don't say it's not true because you know where I have been these past couple of months...." The crowd waited for her answer in anticipation. The juicy news was eating them alive. As well as the three friends. Krystal and Jongin were completely confused while Luhan felt his heart burst from his chest.    

"I carried and gave birth to YOUR SON" Yoona spoke while the entire crowd remained shock and silent. Some had their hands cover their mouths, some had their mouths wide open and some were so close to fainting. Luhan's head began to hurt and he felt the need to throw up. This was truely a state. Jongin looked towards his brother. Luhan's guilty expression made Jongin realise the truth. 

"Yoona, that night I was going to take you home. But instead I took Krystal home because LUHAN offered to take you home and he didn't come home that night" Jongin said to her. Those close to fainting were on the verge. The audience were so intrigued to the point that they could not move. Yoona stepped back in shock and if she could not balance on her own two feet. 

"It's true Yoona. When you passed out after hyung said he would take you home, I offered. It was my fault we were drunk. I let you drink too much. I took you home and we slept together. I woke up in your bed and I couldn't bare to face you afterwards" Luhan became a man and spoke with courage and ready to accept the consequence. A large slap came across his face which caused him to fall to the ground. 

"I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU. You ruined everything!" Yoona began to hit and kick him repeatedly on the ground. All her rage focused on one person. At that moment she truely lost it and the Yoona, Krystal Jongin and Luhan loved was gone. Jongin pulled Yoona away from Luhan while Krystal aided to Luhan. 

"Ma'am" A middle age women in low cost clothing compared to the rich people of EXO city came with a child crying in her arms. Before Luhan out from the wounds and the stress... he saw his son... he saw Sehun and instantly felt and unconditioal love. 

~ Present day ~ 

"Luhan" Seohyun called the oblivious Luhan. He noticed and repressed the memories once more. 

"Why did Sehun's mother leave him and you" Seohyun asked as the two were at the table. 

"She didn't want Sehun and she didn't love me. We were both drunk the night Sehun was concieved. He wasn't planned but he was the best thing to have happened to me" Luhan admitted with a loving heavy heart. Seohyun got up from her seat and wrapped her arms around Luhan and whispered in his ear. 

"I love Sehun and I love you." This made Luhan smile and the pain Yoona caused didn't seem to exist. 

"Lets get to bed, we are going to see my family tomorrow. My brother's wife, Krystal is celebrating her 28th birthday."  Luhan said as he walked with Seohyun in her arms to bed.