Desperation

Fake, False, Fantasy

To my readers: 'That feeling when you don't know what you are feeling'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Xi Share Holdings Incorporated main building Luhan parked his latest edition BMW in front not noticing that far away someone was watching him. Luhan walked towards him company lost in his thoughts only to be bombarded by Kris. 

"Yo man, how was the catering?" Kris joined him to the elevator with a worried smile. As Luhan's bestfriend and vice president of the company, Kris wanted Luhan to succeed therefore it heightened the importance of the business party. It was the Xi company's way to the top. 

"It was good. I already ordered everything" Luhan reassured him and placed his hand on his shoulder. The two men got int the elevator smiling as both were in a good mood. Kris' worries about the business party faded away as he had undying faith towards Luhan and Luhan not knowing why but he felt a sudden burst of brightness in his work life that caused a smile plastered on his face. 

Bing 

The elevator door opens to a young woman with stress written on her face. 

"Sir --" Sunny began but was abruptly interrupted by a woman with expensive designer clothing walking towards them. 

"Luhan, there you are" His aunt called for him with a stern face. Sunny turned to her and then turned her head towards Luhan. Her heart pounding as she was between two important people. Her frightened expression was visible as Luhan raised his hand to stop her from speaking further. 

"Don't worry Ms Lee, I know how she is" Luhan said as he walked out of the elevator headed towards his aunt and kissed her on her cheek then made a straight line towards his office. 

"Oh really Luhan, I'm your aunt and I only see you once a year!" Yuri compained as she followed him through the office earning stares and whispers from the employees.

"Wow he is really cold" A worker wheeled his chair towards his partner's ear.  

"It's his family aswell" A worker leaned towards the person next to her. 

Luhan made his way to his office as Yuri, his aunt struggled to follow him with her 5 inch Jimmy Choo heels, trying to remain her balance with her large dolce and gabbana bag on her arm. Luhan opened the door and went to his desk as Yuri invited herself in and sat in front of him.

"Luhan I come with a message from your uncle" Yuri leaned in closer to him with worry in her eyes that caught Luhan's attention and caused him to turn his attention from work to her. 

"I know you and uncle are quite... old but you know these days there's instant messenger for that, email and my assistant. You didn't have to come all the way here from America." Luhan said as Yuri crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.  

"Yes I kno--" Luhan waved his hand infront of her not letting her finish her sentence. 

"Auntie I have a lot of work to do, please let me continue" He said as he typed vigorously on his computer. 

"It's about Sehun!" Yuri blurted out with a pleading look on her face. As soon as his son's name was mention, Luhan stopped typing and felt pain in his heart feeling scared that something may have happened or will happen to his son. 

"What about him?" Luhan sternly said. His eye fixed on his aunt. 

"News spread about your son, Luhan.. your rising to popularity. Your becoming well known and not only will people especially investors want to know about your company but your personal life aswell" Yuri explained making no sense to Luhan. 

"And what would those pityful men want to do with Sehun?" Luhan leaned back in his chair not taking his attention away from his aunt.

"Ofcourse they want to know the man they are making business with has a controlled empire but also a structured family. Luhan your uncle would like you to find Sehun's mother. It is important you have a complete family." Yuri explained. 

"He doesn't need a mother he has me" Luhan stated as he raised his voice wanting to make it clear that Sehun is his only. 

"Yes he does Luhan, everyone needs a mother. You may not of had your biological mother but you had me" Yuri reasoned which made Luhan's expression soften. Yuri sighed and continued. 

"Luhan, darling. Sehun needs a mother and you need a wife, not only for your company but for your family. Doesn't Sehun ever ask about his mother? I'm sure he wants to know" Yuri said as she rose from her seat as Luhan did the same. She walked over to him to give him a hug. 

"Think about it Luhan. I know you miss your mother and you should know what's it like not having a mother. Luckily you had me." She praised herself trying to lighten the mood. Luhan smiled and took a deep breath as she left. He found himself gazing from his office. He stared at the city and never notice many families walking, eating and playing near the building. Luhan though about. Sehun had been asking for his mother and since Luhan's parents died in an accident he knows how it feels so empty. He pitied Sehun because he could not give Sehun what he needed the most... a mother. 

"Yoona, where are you?" Luhan looked as far as he could see until the city disappeared into the sky. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"SEOHYUN! What are you doing?" Amber yelled at the girl rushing back and forth from the oven, to the counter, to the storage room to her work place. 

"I'm getting ready! The business party we are catering is tomorrow!" Seohyun responded not taking her eyes off of her work. Seohyun was flustered from the amount of work was given to her. She had to prepare 60 cakes by tommorrow. But she was determined. Seohyun's thoughts in her mind was her parents and the bakery. She had to save it and she felt that this was an opportunity that she was waiting for. 

"Seohyun let me help" Amber took over the decoration station with a warm smile. Seohyun immediately switched to her work space to mix together another batch. 

RingRing

The bakery phone rang. Seohyun quickly shoved her dough covered hands under the sink, dried them with her apron and grabbed the phone from her office.

"Seo's bakes, what can I help you with?" Seohyun answered in a high voice to cover her stressed self.

"Ms Seo, this is Xi Luhan, you were going to cater my business party" A deep smooth voice said on the other line. In her mind Seohyun answered but for some reason it did not reach . Seohyun thought for a minute that she became brain dead.

"Hello Ms Seo" Luhan called for her.

"Seohyun, sir" Seohyun blurted. She immediately smacked her face with her own hand knowing how rude she may came across towards him.

"My apologises... Seohyun" Luhan frowned.

"Oh no sir my apologises. There is no need to be too formal sir, Seo's bakes want to be closer to their customers" Seohyun kicked the table causing her to stub her toe and wince silently in pain.

"That's nice to hear" Luhan smiled as his heart and smile turned around. He continued noticing Kris giving him a signal to come.

"The address it at EXO hall, you know where it is right?" Luhan placed his index finger on his lips telling Kris to be quiet.

"WOW EXO hall is really something, you must be really something" Seohyun blurted out. Her eyes widened upon realising what she said and pounded her fist against the table without noticing a pen which her fist made an impact with. Once again she winced in pain and bite her lip to stop her from crying in pain. 

"Well this is important. I need you there at 4:00pm as the dinner starts at 6:00pm" Luhan informed her, trying to keep in his laughter at her comment. 

"Yes sir, I will be there... good day sir." Seohyun said as she hung up. She couldn't wait. As soon as she placed the phone in it's holder she screamed in pain. 

"ARRGGHH" Seohyun replied to her wounds. 

"Seo you okay? Who were you talking to?" Amber rushed to help her friend to her chair. 

"It's nothing I jut hit my hand... and my foot. Oh and that was just Mr Xi Luhan, our client we are going to cater" Seohyun said as she gritted her teeth trying hold in her pain. 

"You mean that hot guy in our shop a couple of days ago?" Amber's eyes lit up. 

"Yhhh... so?" Seohyun said, disapproving of her friend's reaction not knowing she was feeling selfish as she didn't want Amber to grab Luhan's attention. 

"He is cute... for you" Amber nudged her. Seohyun shrugged her of and pointed at the work in the kitchen telepathetically telling her to get back to work. Amber nodded and continued her job as Seohyun was lost in her thoughts .... about Luhan. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan on the other lined look blankly at the phone as his heart similar to the movements of a rollarcoaster went down. 

"Luhan!" Kris yelled. 

"I'm coming!" Luhan raised his voice in annoyance. Kris eyebrow raised as he hesitantly went to his friend's side as Luhan stared at the telephone. 

"Man, are you okay? Who was that?" Kris asked wondering his bestfriend's sudden change in attitude towards him.

Luhan stared blankly at the phone. He like his life, he always had the upper hand in his work life and with Sehun. He didn't understand why he couldn't contain an emotional rush when he talked with the bakery girl. He was intriguied by her: her beauty and her sweet, innocent comments.

"Don't worry man, let's get back to work" Luhan turned to Kris and forced a smile. They went to the conference ready to hear the presentations from their co-workers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Seohyun is that you?" Seohyun's mother called as her eyes remained shut.

"Yes omma" Seohyun responded  as she found her mother lying in her arm chair tighly wrapped in a worn out blanket with holes located randomly. Seohyun cooked a soup for her mother and sat infront of her with a spoon and a sample of the soup in the spoon. 

"Omma you have to eat" Seohyun softly said as she placed the spoon in front of her mother's mouth. Her mother shook as she tried to move struggling to open her eyes. Seohyun fed her softly and tried to hold back her tears as she had to witness her mother struggling just to eat. 

'Don't worry omma I will get money and get you medicine so you will get better' Seohyun thought to herself.