Complications

Fake, False, Fantasy

To my reader: 'Sometimes the problem is complicated but the solution is simple' 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seohyun rushed out of the building in tears bumping into people due to her head faced down with her hair covering her face to hid the tears falling from her eyes. She pushed open the door with every ounce of energy she had left, finding herself in the centre of a massive body of people going in random directions not taking notice of the beautiful girl in tears. Once finding a target area she weakly walked over to it. She found a bench made out of fine wood close to the building overlooking GROWL river. Seohyun took refugee by placing her weight on it - all that was left was the weight on her heart. The pressure being too much to take. 

"Mrs Xi, you had dropped this" A man's hand appeared infront of her holding her purse. Seohyun quickly rubbed the tears from her face and took the purse from the man's hand. 

"Thankyou" Her breathing being inconstant due to her sobbing earlier. Her eye's being bloated, her nose red and her tear stained cheeks caught the man's attention. 

"Mrs Xi, are you okay?" The man pitied her although he was too taken by her beauty to remain professional. He sat on the bench next to her and rubbed her shoulders to comfort her. 

"Mrs X--" He was interrupted by Seohyun. 

"Seohyun, call me Seohyun" He gulped finally hearing her voice clearly and was taken back with her beauty as she lifted her head higher to breath the air. Once she took a deep breath she looked towards the direction of the man who did not take his eyes off of her. She momentarily moved away from him realising she has never met him before and looked like a mouse that had been caught by a cat. 

"Please Ms... Seohyun-shi. I work for Mr Xi and when you ran through the office you dropped your purse." Seohyun gave a weak chuckle knowing how silly she must have looked to the employees and to the man sitting next to her. 

"Thankyou" She smiled making his heart skip and his palms sweat. He wanted her not matter the cost. 

"I would have given it to your husband but his assistant told me he was busy." Soehyun arched her back forward and cover her face with her hands feeling the pain as her mind replayed the scene she witnessed. The man had an instant urge to rub her back to make her feel better. Not only for her but for him too. 

"Seohyun-shi, I know it is not my place to say this but, is there anything wrong?" The man moved his head to face hers. Seohyun noticed the man trying to be nice to her and felt as if this would be a waste of his time and felt quite embarressed by Luhan's actions. Was she the wife that rich men cheated on? She had heard women weeping in her bakery eating their sorrows in her desserts to get rid of the pain. She didn't want to be like them and she thought Luhan wasn't one of those cheating, lying, egotistical men. What if everyone knew? Did she come to his office when Seohyun was not around? What if the girl is not the only one? Luhan was rich, sucessful, smart, handsome and a smooth talker with his irresistible charm. 

"Nothing is wrong uhh?" Seohyun was out of words when she realised she did not know the man's name. 

"Jung Yonghwa, I work in the IT department" He placed her hand on hers to shake. 

"So IT? Is that with all the computery stuff?" Yonghwa chuckled at her cute question. 

"Yes 'computery stuff'" They smiled at each other with their hands still in contact. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Luhan pulled Yonghwa to the floor and constantly punched him. Seohyun held Luhan back with the couple realising they caught attention from people on the streets. Luhan harshly grabbed Seohyun's hand and dragged her to a car infront of his building. Suho opened the door and let the couple in noticing Luhan's knuckles were red, his tie was lossened, his top buttons undone, overall his appearence was messed up with Seohyun looking angry yet frightened at the same time. 

The entire ride was silent. Both were angry and did not want to initiate conversation with each other. Seohyun sat with her arms crossed stealing glances at Luhan who slumped his body on the seat looking outside the window also stealing glances at Seohyun but both let their pride get in the way and looked the other way. 

Suho opened the door revealing Seohyun  who rushed out and headed to the door of the house with Luhan following behind. Both not in the mood. As the butlers opened the door they were surprised seeing the couple rushing by. 

"Seohyun! Seohyun stop" Luhan yelled as he followed after her, seeming like she was headed to the back garden. Before she could go pass the glass doors Luhan held her wrist. She turned with her swollen eyes, red nose and tear stained cheecks. He was speechless, he felt his heart break seeing her in such a condition that his anger faded away and his sole purpose was to make her feel better. He removed his blazer and layed it on the single chair. 

richard+powers+glass+house+hanging+firep

Seohyun was about to head out again when Luhan held her wrist. 

"What do you want Luhan?" Seohyun just wanted to be alone. After everything that had happened, She needed another breather. She needed to be in SMTOWN. She looked down avoiding his eyes.

"What's wrong Seohyun?" She bursted into tears that made Luhan hug her to which she pushed him away. She hit him on the chest repeatedly while sobbing. Luhan not knowing what was wrong held both her wrist preventing her from hiting him. 

"Seohyun, what's wrong?" Luhan bent down his head to see hers. She wouldn't look at him because she didn't want him to see her weak. 

"Why do you care!" Luhan was taken back by her raised voice. 

"Seohyun, just tell me. I don't understand why you are being like this. First you made me stop in the middle of the road and ran out to who knows where and disappeared then when my assistant tells me you ran off, I find you holding hands with one of my employees!" Luhan's cold exterior came back as he made his hand into a fist as the memory of Seohyun holding Yongwha's hand making him angrier. 

"Because of YOU! I don't know why but you make me crazy and angry. You made me like this. You flirt with girls on the street even when I'm in the car and you flirt with girls in your office with the attention of your employees when I'm not around. Someone should have told me when you say 'I love you' it doesn't mean anything."

"Seohyun, that's not true" Luhan realised what she was so upset about and wanted to explain when Seohyun continued. 

"Gosh Luhan! If I knew you were going to make a fool of me I would have never accepted. And don't you dare lie, you did it infront of me and I saw you in your office." Seohyun pointed at his face.

"Seohyun I can explain" Luhan gently moved her hand down.

"No! DON'T. Because the thing is I DON'T care because I DON'T LOVE YOU. This is a job based on lies and deception to a 7 year old boy. I am such an idiot to have agreed to it. And that fact we have only known each other for a month! Luhan, you think you love me when you don't. You think your in love when you are not. I know people like you. A month and you suddenly develop feelings, is a lie! You are falling for you own lie Luhan. You want to believe in this fantasy. Well guess what! This is false, it's fake!" Luhan stood there with a straight expression as he felt mixed emotions for the girl infront of him but all those were put aside by love. Love for her...even when she doesn't feel the same. He picked up the shattered pieces of his heart and opened his mouth to speak. But Seohyun continued. 

"I want to go home" She took steps backwards distancing herself away from him. 

"Why?" Luhan's face with concern and worry as his world was about to fall apart. 

"Exactly Luhan. Why? What's the point of this? All of this. What's the point of making me Sehun's mother? Don't you know it will hurt him when he finds out" Luhan was about to interrupt when Seohyun continued. 

"Don't Luhan! God Luhan! Haven't you already realised why people leave you? Why you are alone? You didn't hire me because you  loved your family or your company or Sehun. You only care about youself! Your afraid that Sehun will leave you since you don't think your good enough for him. Well guess what Luhan, he will find out and when he realised you lied to him, he will leave you, just like how his mother left you." Like that Luhan's world world crumbled down. Seohyun was finally out of breath and when her breathing went back to normal, she looked up at the frozen man infront of her. Luhan looked flushed out of colour and weak. They stood there facing each other. Seohyun looked directly into Luhan's face which turned into cold anger. Seohyun realised she has torn apart the person she loved. She took a step forward to which he took a step back in disbelief in what he had just heard.

"Luhan.."Luhan raised his hand to silence her. Without looking at her, he turned around. Over his shoulder he finally talked.

"Your right Ms Seo. This is a job. Forgive me for taking this too far." Luhan walked towards his office while Soehyun followed him feeling guilty. She found Luhan sat at his desk going through papers. 

"Luhan--" She was interrupted by Luhan who was still looking at the papers not caring about her presence. 

"Don't worry Ms Seo, I understant you feelings. It's my fault. I don't know what came over me." Luhan reached for an evelope in his drawer and tossed it on the desk in front of Seohyun. She opened it revealing loads of money in cash. 

"There is your first month's pay, as proof that I will pay you. Once your job is finished you will have five times as much as you have now. And when you finish your job we will forget about these events and go our seperate ways. I am sorry if I took things too far. Your right Ms Seo. This was a 'fantasy'. I believed that these entire events were true. That I had found Sehun a mother and fallen in love with her and she had fallen in love with me and we will live happily ever after but no. I believed in my own lie because I felt much more whole. I felt like a good father, business and... husband. In all honesty I am nothing to you and you are nothing to me. Good day Ms Seo" Luhan said as he stepped infront of her with a cold expression which made Seohyun afraid. She wanted to take back what she said but before she knew it Luhan was already gone. 

"It's Mrs Xi" Seohyun said to herself as another round of tears fell from her eyes. She headed to Luhan's room, locked his door, went to her room and closed the door. She opened the taps of the bath and fell back on the door placing her hands on her face and she sobbed quietly.

Three hours later.

Luhan arrived home early after being forced in the car by Kris to go home because he couldn't concentrate on his work due to what happened earlier. When he went through the front door his employees instead of remaining a calm atmosphere, were rushing in different directions.

"What's going on?" He caught one of the butlers holding a crow bar.

"Master Xi, it's Mrs Xi" Luhan rushed to their room seeing a crowd of employees including  maids, butlers, gardeners and chefs covering his door causing a commotion. 

"What happened?" Luhan shouted causing the commotion to fall to silence. 

"Sir, it's Mrs Xi. I was knocking on the door asking if she wants to eat but there was no reply. I assumed she was taking a shower since I could hear water running. But sir that was two hours ago! and now there is water seeping through the doors and still she is not answering" The maid pointed to the puddle of water with water flowing outside of Luhan's bedroom doors. 

"Nobody come in! Just do what I say!" Luhan commanded as he took the crow bar from the butlers hands and pried to door open. He was welcomed by a wave of water covering his feet. The water level in his room was up to his shoes but it was nothing compared to the water that bursted up to his shines when he opened Seohyun's door. He rushed to her room and found even more water pushing him backwards making it harder for him to walk. Luhan rushed to the source of the water. When he pushed the door open he felt a weight blocking him. He gently pushed it and peeped his head to see Seohyun's body on the floor behind the door, covered in water. 

"Seohyun!" Luhan slid his body through the gap of the door and rushed to Seohyun's side. He held her in his arms. 

"Seohyun!" Luhan's hand trembled as he held Seohyun's face trying to see life in her face. Her face was completely flushed. Luhan carried her outside of their room. He rushed dowstairs and out of the house where Suho was with his car. He placed Seohyun in the car and told Suho to step on it to the hospital. 

"Suho, drive faster!" Luhan shouted as Suho earned beeps from angry drivers as he over took them. Luhan panicked as he held the girl he loves completely lifeless and the last thing he said was 'You are nothing to me'.

Arriving in the hospital took a longer time in Luhan's mind. He held Seohyun's body in his arms as he rushed into the hospital.

 "Help!"  Luhan yelled as a doctor ran to him. 

"What happened?" The doctor saw Seohyun completely soaked with water. 

"I just returned home, the tap was running and the door was lock. I found her in the bathroom on the floor." Luhan said with urgency as they placed Seohyun's body on a bed. The doctor, Luhan and nurses rushed her down the hall. 

"Sir you have to stop here. You may wait in the waiting room" The nurse stopped him. Luhan was enraged they wouldn't let him go through although he knew that he couldn't distract them from helping her. 

Luhan sat down in a chair and moved his hands through his hair.

'You are nothing to me' 

'You are nothing to me'

The words replaying in his head and her face the only image in his mind. 

Ring Ring 

His took out his phone to answer it. 

"Luhan it's Hyoyeon. Don't worry. No one came into your room I *cough* went in there and *cough* fixed everyt *cough*thing" Luhan placed his head down. 

"Thanks Hyoyeon... do me another favour. Get some rest." 

"I can't. I'm on my way to the hospital. Is she alright?" 

"I don't know she is with the doctor right now" 

A man in a white coat came out and walked towards Luhan's area. 

"I am sorry sir, but she did not make it. My condolences."

Luhan remained completely frozen in contrast with his beating heart.

A life gone.