Kibum's more than just a 'like'

Romantic Reflections

“So his birthday’s coming up?” Woohyun asks as he walks down the hall with Kibum. Kibum nods, but then stops, slowly turning to face him. “I don’t think I ever told you that…”
“I put two and two together, you seemed pretty dazed lately.” It had been about 2 weeks now and Kibum found himself growing closer to Woohyun. “You were also talking about him more than you usually do…” He stares into Kibums eyes and smiles. “See, isn’t it good that we’re friends?” Kibum laughs, reaching up a hand to ruffle Woohyuns brown bangs. “You seem younger than me.” His eyes widen, he wasn’t expecting Kibum to touch him like that. “Maybe you lied about your age.”

“Hah, I’m actually older than you Bum. I don’t understand why you talk to me so comfortably.” Woohyun says after regaining himself. Kibum scoffs. “Full of yourself much, hyun?”

“No, just full of you.” He elbows Kibum and winks, KIbum rolls his eyes, walking ahead. “Hey, you can go ahead, I’m gonna go to the library.” Woohyun peers at him. “I’ll follow you.”

“I rather not have some stranger follow me.” Kibum grins over his shoulder and Woohyun places a hand to his chest as if offended. “I’ll come with you, besides, I think you’re going to meet your boyfriend and I want to meet him.” Kibum sighs, stopping just in front of the library doors. “You really want to meet him?” Woohyun nods, reaching a hand around Kibums shoulder and pushing the door open. Kibum stares at him, his gaze lingering before walking inside. The library was much bigger than the one Kibum was familiar with at his high school. But he felt sure that he would get use to it. “Kibum!” Jonghyun calls him softly, jogging over and greeting him. “Hey, I thought you had a class?”

“It was short.” He smiles, his eyes glancing over Jonghyuns shoulder towards the book. Jonghyun watches him curiously and then says. “I thought you said you’ve already been in the library…” Kibum shook his head. “Yes, but I never got the chance to look at all the books.”

“You like to read Kibum?” Woohyun asks, a twinkle now cast in his eyes. “Only a little.” Jonghyuns eyes flick up towards the older man and a question falls from his lips. “Who are you?” 

“Oh, right.” Woohyun s out his hand, an aura of maturity emitting from him. “I’m Kibums sunbae.”

“Like hell you are.” Woohyun chuckles, a full, deep laugh and Jonghyun watched this exchange with keen eyes and slowly he takes Woohyuns hand. His grip was firm, strong and Jonghyun felt a slight prickle in the back of his mind. “Ignore his ‘sunbae’ crap, he’s only twenty.” KIbum mutters and the prickle became a full electric shock. Jonghyun pulls his hand back  and smiles shakily. Woohyun returns his smile and Jonghyun saw that he was actually quite handsome. And then the thought flashed through his mind. How many classes do they have together? How did they meet? And who introduced themselves first? “Jonghyun?” He blinks, snapping his gaze over to Kibum. “Zoned out?” He laughs nervously, regaining himself. “Sorry, just a little….” He peeks at Woohyun and saw that he was staring right back at him, a grin on his face. It was as if he was trying to tell Jonghyun something with his eyes--warning him. Jonghyun shook the ridiculous thoughts away. There’s no way. “Lets sit down, my feet hurt.” Kibum mumbles, already making his way over to a deserted table in the corner of the library. 

And then Jonghyun saw it, the way Woohyun looked at Kibum, he hoped that he had imagined it. That gaze….Woohyun looked to be undressing him with his eyes. Leaning towards Jonghyun, Woohyun whispers. “Those jeans fit him well…” Jonghyun nods slowly in agreement. “Yeah, he has a nice as--” His words fade off , watching wide eyed as Woohyun checked out his boyfriend. And then it clicked. It clicked all too well and Jonghyun felt a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach and the heat of possession overwhelm him. “Lets go catch up to him.” Woohyun slaps him roughly on the back of his shoulder, gliding towards Kibum and laughing at something the younger said when he approached. 

Jonghyun stood gathering his senses and watching as Woohyun watched Kibum. The twenty-year old was attentive to whatever Kibum said and he smiled when necessary, he laughed gently and whenever Kibum would laugh, Woohyun would stare at him. Jonghyun didn’t like that look, he didn’t like the vibe he was getting from it. It had only been about 2 weeks and Kibum had already rounded up an admirer. 

“What the hell is he doing?” Kibum asks, ushering Jonghyun over to them. “I think your boyfriend doesn’t like me.” Kibum makes a face, his lips dipping down into a frown. “He doesn’t like anyone who’s close with me.” Woohyun laughs, placing a hand to Kibums shoulder as Jonghyun approached them. His hand stayed there, Jonghyuns gaze searing into his fingers. He didn’t like that, why was he touching Kibum? Was it necessary? Jonghyun pulls out a chair, sitting down next to Kibum, his eyes locked on Woohyun. 

“Jonghyun, how was your class?” He blinks, ripping his gaze away from Woohyun and staring gently at his boyfriend. “It was alright, I think I’m actually getting better at balancing these things out.” Kibum smiles warmly. “That’s good. Have you found anything you want to pursue as a career?” Jonghyun nods. “I’ve always been interested in music, so I’ve started meeting up with the music teacher.” Kibums eyes sparkle and Jonghyun felt his heart flutter. “Jonghyun, that’s awesome.” He felt like cupping Kibums cheeks and kissing that smile to make it forever his. He was doing what he had promised: finding his dream with the person he loved. “You’re into music?” Woohyuns voice cut in and Jonghyuns expression immediately turned sour. “Yes.” His tone was dry and Woohyun smirked. “That’s pretty cool, play any instruments?”

“The guitar, a little piano but mainly the bass.” Woohyuns eyebrows raise in surprise. “Neat.”

“Uh-huh.” In his mind Jonghyun was cursing him, he still couldn’t get the way Woohyun looked at  Kibum from his mind. His eyes were dark, aroused as he stared at Kibum and Jonghyun bit his lip wondering if Kibum noticed it--felt it. “Hey, I’m gonna go look at a few books, I need to find a good fable.” Kibum says, lightly squeezing Jonghyuns thigh as he rose from his seat. “For the English project?” Woohyun asks, he nods and Jonghyuns eyes flicked back and forth between them. He didn’t like feeling left out, especially if he was left out of something in which Woohyun was involved. The taste on his tongue was bitter. KIbum leans down, pinching Jonghyuns chin and directing their lips together. Kibum kissed him slowly, his tongue raking against his and Jonghyun shuddered, his eyes fluttering. Kibum pulls back with a smile and Jonghyun wondered what it was he had done. “I’ll be back.” He murmurs, squeezing Jonghyuns shoulder and walking away. Jonghyun stared after him, running his tongue against the roof of his mouth. Woohyun watched him with a grin and then quietly he says. “When he kisses you...does he taste like cinnamon?” Jonghyun snaps his gaze towards him and stares into his eyes. “What?”

“Does he taste spicy? I imagine he does, since he has such a fiery yet loveable personality.” Woohyun was smirking at this point, his arms crossed confidently against his chest. Jonghyun eyed him, the sour taste of jealousy pressing down on him. “And those glasses,” Of course Woohyun noticed the glasses, they were cute on Kibums face, magnetizing his shapely eyes. “Did you buy them?”

“Yes…” Woohyun nods and asks another question. “How old are you turning?”

“Kibum told you about my birthday?”

“No, but he talks about you so much and he seemed kind of..out of it…” Jonghyun smiles to himself. I wonder if he’s agonizing over a gift…? Just give me your body for that day, Kibum, that’s a gift enough. “I’ll be turning 19.” Woohyuns eyes widen in mock surprise. “Wow, you’ll be one year younger than me.” 

“Yep.” Jonghyun replies and there was an electric shock passing between them as Woohyun spoke. “But I’m still one year older than you and that gives me one more year of experience, one more year of courting men, one year of dating them, one year of touching them-- them.” Woohyun spoke smoothly, his voice deep and low, the maturity he possessed showing in his eyes. “I like Kibum, I find him highly attractive, not in just physique but in character.” Woohyun smiles gently and Jonghyun recoiled, that smile--“I find him charmingly cute and I want him.”--Kibum had found someone who reflected Jonghyuns exact feelings of love. Jonghyun could see it in his eyes, because it happened to him when he first met Kibum...he had fallen in love. Gathering himself, Jonghyun replies with a tight smile, adjusting his wristwatch and looking up into Woohyuns eyes. “You may have a year of “experience”, a year of dating, sleeping with men and that other you said.” He leans forward, saying quietly, because they were still in a library. “But you know what I have that you don’t?”

“What?” Jonghyun smiles, an accomplished glint in his eyes. “Kibum. I have Kibum.” Woohyun laughs, a smug chortle and he asks, his tone sadistic. “But for how long?” Jonghyuns expression sinks and he leans back into his seat, Woohyun continued to stare at him and Jonghyun felt his heart pound. “And I want him.” Woohyuns words echoed, they replayed throughout the day. “I want him. I want him.” When he got home, they were still replaying. “I want him.” He stood in the shower, rewinding to the way Woohyun looked at Kibum. “I like Kibum.”

“Like?” Jonghyun tests the word out on his tongue. “You like Kibum?” He laughs aloud, turning the knob and stopping the water. “You can’t just like Kibum, .” He steps out of the shower, standing in front of the mirror and staring at his fogged reflection. “You care for him, your respect him, you admire him, you support him, you thank him, you , you love him.” He rubs at the mirror with his wrist, so now he could see his face clearly. “ If you can’t even figure that out Woohyun,”--I want him-- “You can want him, but you’ll never have him.” He smiles to himself, his phone ringing, the caller ID read Kibum. Jonghyun answers. “I was thinking about you.”

“Yeah right.” Jonghyun chuckles, turning away from the mirror and leaning against the sink. “What’s up?”

“Nothing, I just wanted to call you…”

“Oh? We saw each other only a few hours ago and you miss me already..?” He asks  sweetly. “Shut-up.” He could hear the blush in Kibums voice. Laughing gently he says. “I just got out of the shower.”

“Really?” There was a curious, peak of excitement in Kibums voice. “Do you want me to send you some nudes?” he teases, but Kibums answer surprised him. “Just...a few selcas...with a towel on please.” Jonghyun pulls the phone away from his face and eyes it before placing it back against his ear. “Kibum are you ?”

“What?!”

“Because I can come over if you want me to.” 

“Ya know what, forget it Jonghyun.”

“Wait but--” The line clicks off and Jonghyun laughs loudly in the bathroom, his chest heaving, tears pricking at his eyes. He’s so cute. Regaining himself he looks at his reflection, pinching his bangs and thinking aloud. “Maybe...I’ll dye it, the day I tell my parents about Kibum…”....I’ll dye it. 

Stepping out of the bathroom he smiles to himself, pushing his brown bangs back and thinking, want him all you want Woohyun, but I won’t let you have him. I won’t let you take the person who makes me complete. You can’t steal my everything. 

 

 

 

 

 

Dubu Speaking

First of all, DOUBLE UPDATE WOOOOOH!! Now to sleep, ahhaa

Well of course Jonghyun and Woohyun were going to hit it off, aren't they just the best of rivals?

Haha, so I wanted you guys to get the vibe from Woohyun, that yes he is older than Jonghyun and yes he has experienced things Jonghyun has not.

But I also wanted you to get the vibe from Jonghyun that yes, he did not give a flying F about Woohyuns "experience" Is he jealous? Heck yeah, but worried? Naaah. And now the Dino is thinking about coming out and dyeing his hair. This story's progressing fast, but of course things will slow down soon.