Blue Night

Romantic Reflections

~Listen while you read~

XIA- Love Breath

After driving for a moments time, they stop in front of a deserted and quiet building. Jonghyuns entire aura was giddy as if he were a 5th grader. Kibum looks to him, curious as to why they were going to such a place in the middle of the night. “Come on.” Jonghyun takes his hand again and together they descend into the dark. As they walked further inside the halls became flooded with light and Jonghyuns eyes twinkle. Kibum follows his gaze, landing on a studio that was lit. “What...did you leave something there?” Jonghyun grins, Kibum hated the fact that the older was acting like some smug, know-it-all. “Just tell me.” Jonghyun moves behind him, pushing him into the studio and gesturing around the room. “I’m a late night radio DJ now.” He states waiting for Kibums reaction which was somewhat delayed. First he blinks and then his mouth moves, but no words made their way out. Then he spun around, eyes searching Jonghyuns. “Wait...what!?” Jonghyun chuckles. “Your shock is cute.” He pokes the younger in his sides. “This is why I wanted to leave, this is why I bought the headphones and mic.” He takes a step forward towards the table that held all the electronics. “This is what I wanted to show you.” He looks towards Kibum, the redhead was still in shock. Jonghyun laughs. “Come on, Bummie, be proud of me.” He says, his tone childishly adorable and somehow Kibum found himself moving towards Jonghyun. “I don’t...how did you…”

“A few musicians got wind of my stuff and thought that instead of selling it, I should make a name for myself.” Kibums eyes twinkle. “Jonghyun, this is more than amazing!” Kibum embraces him, burying his head in his shoulder. Jonghyun slightly caught off guard from the sudden hug, slinks his arms slowly around Kibums broad back. “I named it Blue Night…” He speaks softly. “Blue night? Sounds mysterious.” Kibum hums causing the older to smile. “It’s somewhat mysterious and somewhat comforting, like this hug we’re sharing right now.” They said nothing and slowly it happened. Kibum leans back looking into Jonghyuns eyes and saying quietly. “I want to kiss you...” His gaze never wavers from Jonghyuns, eyes twinkling innocently; Jonghyuns heart surged. He takes a breath, gripping the youngers arm and pushing him down onto the table. “You really leave me with no choice, Kibum.” He sighs, pushing his silver  bangs out of his eyes and leaning down. He kisses Kibum lightly; ticklish pecks against his jawline and then against his lips.Kibums eyes flutter and Jongyun simply exhales, watching as his boyfriend became a butterfly himself. His arms a beautiful pair of wings that touched Jonghyun gently. Jonghyun bit his lower lip, dipping his head down and kissing Kibums collarbones. His hands work their way down to Kibums zipper, tugging his fly open and invading the space between his legs. Kibum arches off of the table, his eyes widening. “We..we can’t do this here…” he huffs and Jonghyun groans, slipping his hand away and rolling off of Kibums body. “Stay over again tonight.” He commands, Kibum rolls his eyes. “I may as well be living with you.” He says sitting up and zipping up his jeans. Jonghyun chuckles. “That’s not such a bad idea.” Kibum flicks him a look, sliding off of the table and tugging him towards the door. “Hurry before I change my mind.” Jonghyun smiles and they slip out of the door and into the car. 

They stumble through the apartment doors, flicking the houselights on as they make their way to the bedroom. They collapse back onto the bed and Jonghyun was already working his way out of his shirt. Kibum watches him with heated eyes, his heart rate quickening as Jonghyun stripped further, out of his shirt and pants. Kibum rakes his eyes up the olders body, running a tongue over his dry lips and swallowing. Jonghyun smirks, he doesn’t say anything as he leans down to penetrate Kibums mouth with his tongue, but Kibum could taste his words. “Let me love you in ways you’ve never experienced before.” His arms wrap around Jonghyuns back, pressing him into his body and feeling the warmth that exudes from the older.  Kibum could feel the pressure of his desire pressing against Jonghyuns. He shudders when the older rubs against him. “Jonghyun…” He pants. Jonghyun slips both his hands under Kibums shirt, his warm fingers spreading across the youngers pectorals. “Earlier at the party…” His thumb caresses Kibums . “You said that I should act my age…” Kibum bit his bottom lip to keep from whimpering; the more he became from Jonghyuns words the harder he got. “I’m acting it now, is it to your liking, Bummie?” His voice was hoarse yet still somewhat soothing, but his eyes. Kibum shivers, that gaze. It looked as though he was swallowing Kibum, wrapping him with the deep brown of his eyes. Jonghyun grips the front of Kibums jeans causing the younger to arch off of the mattress, his adams apple bobbing. “I’m so glad I met you.” He kisses Kibums forehead. “I’m so glad that I’m the one who can hold you like this.” He kisses his cheek. “I’m so glad that I was the first to take you and love you.” He kisses his lips and Kibum smiles behind the kiss. He moves his hand down to Jonghyuns wrist, pulling his hand away from his crotch. “Hey, Jonghyun..”

“Hmm?”

“How about, instead of having , how about we just lay here…?” Kibum looks into his eyes, his head tilted cutely. Jonghyun smiles at him, cupping his face and bringing their lips together. “I like the sound of that.” So they lay together, their chests sinking in and out in what seemed to be a unison. They talked about the old times, of when they first met. "Those glasses are cute on you."
"I know."

"Of course you do..." He whispers, the thick rims perched on his button nose and Jonghyun nearly choked on air when Kibum leaned towards his ear to whisper. "There's a wall over there..." His breath was hot. "...and a stack of papers..."

"Yeah.."

"I want you to run through them and file them in their destined cabinets." He steps back. "Got it?"

"Yeah..wait..what?" Kibum smiles. "You were loud and your face annoys me, not only that you cheated my sister." He shrugs his shoulders, the shirt drooping to reveal his white skin. Jonghyun swallows. "Get to work or I'll have you suspended."

“I still can’t get over how smoothly you did that, Kibum.” Jonghyun murmurs against the youngers head. “It’s a natural born talent.” Jonghyun chuckles. “Sure.” They seemed to have talked all night, flipping through the pages of the past. "Why not? Wouldn't it be better than the Korean remake of Final Destiantion?" He taunts, grabbing Kibums wrist and pulling him towards the other line. "No, I said no Jonghyun."

"Come on Kibum, I'll cover your eyes when something scary comes up." He teases, the smirk never leaving his face. So Kibum didn't like horror movies. That was a new discovery for Jonghyun. It made him chuckle. Their first date and slowly it started hitting Kibum, how long he had been dating Jonghyun. “I...I started dating you when I was...sixteen?!” Jonghyun jumps up. “Seriously?!” Kibum nods and Jonghyun shoves a hand through his hair in awe. “Then...how many years have we been together…?” Kibum counts quickly on his fingers. “One, two...seven years!” Jonghyuns round eyes widen. “What…” He sinks back into the bed, his mouth open. “I’ve been with you..for seven years…” He says dazedly. "Because there's nothing more exciting and more blissful, than finding my dream with the person I love." Jonghyun took a step back, letting his words dangle in the air.  He places his hands in his pockets and looks away. Kibum stood against the locker quietly, his heart thrumming. He sighs, biting his bottom lip and taking Jonghyuns wrist, pulling his hand out of his pockets and squeezing his fingers across his knuckles. "You're too sweet sometimes, I swear..." He mumbles, stepping forward and bending down to rest his head against Jonghyuns shoulder. "If that's what you want--"

"I told you, I what I want is you."

The memories, the years, the troubles--"Go gossip to your girl friends, screaming "Jonghyun oppa is gay! You guys were right!"" He stares her down, his heart banging in his chest. "I may be gay to you and everyone else. But I call it discovering love and the person who opened that up to me, happened to be "that guy."" He couldn't stop. "He has a name, but I won't tell it to you, it's too beautiful to be said by someone who's so quick to judge." He places a hand to her shoulder, staring hard into her eyes. "And he's not cute? Really? Are you really going to lie to yourself, Yoona?" He finally remembered her name. "He's cute enough to make me lose my mind. When he smiles, I can't focus, I can't even breathe sometimes." The words were flying out, his heart spilling from his lips. "I love him and he's good for me, too good for me. He's helping me in ways none of you could have even tried too."--they’re all so beautiful. “Come back from London quickly so that I can walk the aisle with you.” He murmurs, his voice drowsed with sleep. KIbum hums in response, his eyes closing. “I will….”  

Kibum rolls his eyes, shoving him in his chest. "You're such a ."

" idiot." Jonghyun corrects with a grin and Kibum stares into his eyes fondly. "We're too young to be so in love like this..." He murmurs. Jonghyun shakes his head. "Nah, we're just changing the standards." 

That’s what they had done, changed the standards and the extent of their love, which was timeless. A pair of glasses, broken and shattered only to come back stronger than ever. 

4 months later
 

Kibum sits at his computer desk, balancing a pencil on his upper lip. Any moment now Jonghyuns radio was to start. It was midnight over in Korea while it was late evening in London. KIbum had promised that he would tune in to Jonghyuns broadcast, not missing a second of it. He missed the olders voice anyways. Glancing at the clock, he plugs his headphones in, turning the volume up and smiling when the mellow tune of Jonghyuns intro song played into his ear. He hums along with it, his feet tapping on the carpeted floor. Jonghyun plays a few songs, some in English others Korean and some where Latino. As they were playing Jonghyun woud send in short messages. Dino- are u listening?

Dino- doesn’t my voice sound the best? ;)

Dino- listen until the end Bummie >:) pls ;;

“This idiot.” He says gently, a smile plastered onto his full cheeks. Kibum found himself bopping to almost all of the songs and then the familiar tune of a guitar begins to play. Kibum knew this song, he could feel it in his core. He smiles, opening his eyes and pulling out his phone to stare at the picture of Jonghyun he had saved as his screen-saver. It was a cute selca of him with a puppy he had recently taken in. He wore a hat and every time Kibum looked at the picture he found himself calling Jonghyun ‘puppy.’ The song ends and Jonghyuns voice cuts in, he clears his throat. “Listeners, I personally wrote that song for a special someone.” Kibums breathing stilled. “I hope he’s still listening--Kibum are you listening?” Kibum blinks, muffling his laughter with the palm of his hand. “I’m listening.” He says, of course Jonghyun couldn’t hear him. “Well, I’m going to call him.” Kibums eyes widen, his heart beating rapidly. And sure enough his phone rings. “Yaah! It’s your boyfriend, answer me Bummie!” Kibum cuts off the ring tone, sliding open his phone and speaking shakily. “Why are you calling when you’re in the middle of a broadcast?”
“It’s because I have a question to ask you.”

“Go on, ask me.” There’s a pause, silence, Kibum listens intently to the sound of Jonghyuns breathing. “Kibum, I’m asking you again, I’ll ask you over and over, I won’t stop asking.” Kibum could feel what was coming. “We’ve been together since highschool, I experienced what it means to truly love and be loved because of you, and I want to keep experiencing this with you.” Jonghyun takes a breath, continuing on. “Kim Kibum, will you marry me?” Kibum doesn’t speak, his palms sweaty, heart rate increasing. He moves to push up his glasses and then pauses, remembering that he wasn’t wearing them. “Kibum?” He bites his bottom lip and closes his eyes. The answer was there; on his phone, in his heart, in his ears and chasing away the bad thoughts. Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun--once a crush, then a boyfriend and now-- “Yes, I’ll marry you.”--a fiancee. Kibum didn’t know how they would do it--the wedding, the legalization, but as long as they did it together they were bound to figure it out. 

Jonghyuns end was and silent and then he blurts. “Love.” That was the word--love. It was love and it was Kibum. “Jonghyun? I said I’ll marry you.”

“I heard...I’m just trying not to cry.” Kibum laughs; loud, obnoxious, adorable--I love it. Him, I love him. Perfectly imperfect, flawed but beautiful, confusing and sweet, intoxicating yet gentle, broken and repaired. The word was love, it was what Jonghyun had discovered when he laid eyes on the onec blonde, glasses wearing cutie in his highschool library. Kim Kibum, his love. “Thank you…” He whispers and Kibum clutches his heart because those butterflies were invading his stomach once again. Jonghyun runs a hand through his silver hair, flashing a thumbs-up at the PD’s. “He said yes!” He declares and they applaud. “I’ll see you soon, Jonghyun.”

“Yes, I’ll see you.” There’s a pause and then Kibum breaks the silence by saying. “I love you.” Jonghyun smiles, his gaze as gentle as the sun peeking up over the horizon. “I love you too.” He hangs up, leaning back in his seat and letting out a breath. 

Kibum no longer wore glasses because Jonghyun was his sight. 

Jonghyun no longer looked for love or was swallowed up by it because Kibum was his one and only. 

They were two lenses; dusted off, cracked and fixed. But now those innocent lenses were no longer needed because they had grown and they no longer needed glasses to see what was right in front of them. All they had to do was lean forward, open their eyes and see the reflection of the other in their vibrant pupils. 

 

 

~THE END~

 

Dubu Speaking

Go on~ read the authors note ;)