Honesty's the Best Policy

Romantic Reflections

Woohyun sat up in his bed, running a hand through his damp hair. He lets out a breath, picking up his phone and squinting at the screen. He had several messages from women who’ve slept with him and one single message from Kibum. Against his will he felt his heart flutter and his eyes brighten. The message read: I know it’s a Saturday, but lets meet up, I want to hear more about this job of yours... With a slight chuckle he swings his feet over the edge of the bed and stretches his arms above his head. With this simple text from Kibum, he could tell that today was going to be a good day. 

Kibum stood in the kitchen, his hip jutted out against the counter as a piece of toast dangled from his rosy lips. He held his phone out in front of him waiting for a message from Woohyun. He really needed this job. “Kibum? You’re up early.” His moms voice eases into his thoughts and he slides his phone into his pockets, looking up at her with a smile. “Early? It’s ten.” He mumbles behind the piece of toast. 

“And you usually wake up at 1 on weekends.” She grins at him and he looks down at his hands with a crooked smile. “‘I’m meeting with a friend, he’s helping me to get a job.” Her eyes brighten and she takes one long stride towards Kibum and cups his cheeks. “Aaah, my baby’s growing up.” she his cheek, her eyes twinkling with a mothers love. “You’re just now saying this eomma? I’m 18 now.” He smiles and she pinches his cheek playfully. “Get going.”

“Mmm.” He swallows the last of the toast, grabbing his jacket and bag. Stepping outside his phone lit up with a message from Woohyun. Hyun- you never gave me your house address, so how am I supposed to pick you up? Now that Kibum thought about, Woohyuns never been over, nor has he ever been to Woohyuns house. To study or to just hang out. If he went to his house alone, Kibum was pretty sure Jonghyun would show up out of the blue. Like a human with super senses. The thought had him laughing down the front steps. His phone began to ring and he answers. “I’m not giving you my address.” He says and Woohyun chuckles on the other end. “Well, hello to you too Bum.” Kibum stood on the sidewalk, looking up and peering into the blue sky. “Why won’t you give me your address?”

“So I won’t have you showing up on weekends to bother me.” Woohyun laughs and Kibum removes his glasses from his eyes, rubbing his fingers across his lids. “I won’t bother you.”

“Really, now?”

“Seriously! I have a life too ya know.” Kibum sighs, taking a step forward. “Just give me your address and I’ll have Jonghyun drive me over.” Woohyun was about to answer and reject giving Kibum his address but he thought better of it. “Sure, ya listening?” He would enjoy watching Jonghyuns face as Kibum walked away and into Woohyuns house. He grins, calling out his address and opening his closet to find something to wear. 

“So, you’re going to his place alone?” Jonghyun asks as he drove down the street, Kibum sitting comfrotably in the passenger seat of his car. Kibum nods. “But I’m not staying there.”

“Ah…” He was silent for a moment and then spoke abruptly. “I know you’re a guy, a really attractive, tall guy, but…” Kibum peers at him curiously, his eyes blinking. Jonghyun clears his throat, trying to keep any sign of possessiveness from leaking into his voice. “But be mindful of how….naturally sensual you are.” Kibum blinks, a smile, falling onto his lips. The light turns green and Jonghyun drives ahead. “Are you scared that I’ll seduce Woohyun into bed?” He teases and Jonghyun glances at him, his eyes serious. “No, but I think that whatever you do he’ll take ually and try to make a move on you.”

“Like you?” Kibum asks and Jonghyun couldn't fight the smile that spread across his lips. “Yes, like me, but unlike me, he won’t stop.”

“I don’t think Woohyun’s gay.”

“A lot of people aren’t gay until they meet you, Bummie.” Jonghyun says and then Kibum remembered the phone call with Minho. “I know he’s been with women, but..”

“So have I, but am I with a woman now?” He brakes the car at another green light and stares at Kibum stern yet tenderly. “No…”

“Exactly.” He smiles, reaching a hand over to a thumb across Kibums bottom lip. Kibum blinked his eyes dazedly and murmurs. “You’ve...matured…”

“Have I?” Jonghyun drives forward, his hands firmly placed on the steering wheel. “Yes, at least you sound that way.” Jonghyun laughs, turning a street corner, Woohyuns apartment complex coming into view. “I’m just learning to control myself and that if I love you, I can’t control you.” He flashes Kibum a crooked smile and Kibum felt his heart clench. “And I think being around Hae-sol has made me a more relaxed and together person.” Kibum nods, staring at him with intense eyes. “Are you getting closer to finding your dream career?” Jonghyun nods. “I’ve always liked music, so I’m leaning towards being a composer. Making songs for idols or bands.” Kibum nods again, undoing his seatbelt as Jonghyun pulled up in front of the apartment building. “We...need to talk.” Jonghyun felt his heart sink, but he fought off any negative thoughts, asking calmly. “About what?”

“I want to meet your parents, I want them to know that I’m good for you, I don’t want--” Jonghyun leans over, hushing Kibum with his lips. He kissed him gently, running  a hand up the back of Kibums neck and into his hair. He pulls away, smiling kindly. “Bummie, don’t worry about that, I’ve already told them how much you’ve done for me.” He sits back in his seat, staring at Kibum, trying to read his blank expression. “I promise you’ll meet them soon, I don’t like keeping you away from them either.” Kibum nods. “And since I’m so serious about you and what we have, I’m sure they’ll be seeing you in my future no matter what.” He spoke, suggesting a future together, one Kibum was more than happy to share. There was a rap on the window, Kibum turns his head, his eyes meeting Woohyuns face. He rolls the window down and the older man stares at him with a smug grin. “You should have taken care of your talking before coming here.” He jokes, but Jonghyun knew that he was serious. They share a glare over Kibums shoulder. Kibum opens the door, stepping out. Woohyun took a step back, raking his eyes up Kibums body. He was dressed casually, but still managed to make a simple t-shirt and jeans appear stylish. “Call me later so I can come pick you up.” Jonghyun calls and Kibum nods. Woohyun smirks, grabbing Kibums arm and pulling him into his body. “Or I can just bring him home.” He says and Jonghyuns eyes flicked between Kibums arm and the hold Woohyun had on him. After a moment, he says through tight lips. “Just make sure he’s safe.” He stares Woohyun down and then looks at Kibum, his expression melting into softness. “I hope you get the job Bummie.” He waves, rolling the window up and driving off. 

Kibum stares after him, Woohyun still holding onto his arm. “You’re going to think that this is random, but I need to say it…” He spoke still staring after Jonghyun, who was far gone. “You probably won’t care, so let me just gush a little.”

“Okay..” Woohyun listens curiously. “I’m afraid to put a label on the relationship I have with him. Love seems so simple and so unexplainable, while the feelings he and I share…” Kibum laughs at his feet. “It’s so easy, well...maybe not, but.” He moves out of Woohyuns grip, pushing his black bangs back. “Instead of calling this love...how about everything? Doesn’t that seem better?” He asks, staring brightly at Woohyun and the older nodded slowly. His heart doing things he didn’t know that it could do. It pounded and then it ached. “I still have that bracelet he bought for me on my birthday last year.” He sighs happily, unaware of the expression that had settled onto Woohyuns face. Not only was he feeling the emotions of an unrequited love, but the feelings of anger and jealousy were almost suffocating. “Kibum…” He looks up, peering at Woohyun curiously. “Yes?”

“When you’re around me,” The jealousy and anger wiped away from his face and all that was left was hurt. “Please don’t talk about Jonghyun.” Kibums eyes widen and he clears his throat, sliding his hands into his pockets nervously. “Does it make you uncomfortable?” He shakes his head with a bitter laugh. “It makes me jealous.” He says honestly and the pieces started moving, falling into place and Kibum took a step back. Woohyun steps towards him. “I should be honest..” He places a hand to Kibums shoulder. “I like you, Kibum.” He whispers, leaning forward and placing a kiss on the middle of his forehead. 

Well, that was what he wanted to do, but he could’nt make Kibum like him by doing that. Especially right now, since his feelings for Jonghyun are so obvious and strong. Woohyun didn’t have a chance. “Why don’t you want me talking about him? Is it annoying? Because if it is, I’m going to keep doing it.” Kibum spoke with a smile and Woohyun took a step back, clenching his fist when those almond eyes met his. “To be honest, it is annoying.” he lies, forcing a smirk on to his face. 

Woohyun didn’t have a chance right now, but, “Want to come inside real quick?” There was a chance. Kibum peers over his shoulder and raises an eyebrow. “I came here to get a job.”

“And you’ll get one.” Woohyun smiles reassuringly, taking Kibums wrist and pulling him towards his apartment door. 

 

 

Dubu Speaking

Yay! Well I'll see you guys next weekend with an update or two :)

And Jonghyuns getting better with his jealousy and he's starting to sound/become more mature

I'm enjoying writing them growing up, when they first met they were both youngins, ah love

And Woohyun has plans of making a move, but not just yet(to steal someone takes careful planning *evil laughter*)

Thanks for reading you guys :)

Till the next 1K!