Assisted Job Search Pt. 1

Romantic Reflections

Two weeks before spring break and Kibum was on the hunt for a suitable job. One where he could work hard and get paid by the hour, one that didn’t have a smug, quick to judge manager. He needed someone who would mesh well with his more than straightforward personality. “I need a job…” He murmurs, staring blankly at his lunch and running his fingers absentmindedly across Jonghyuns knuckles. Jonghyun tilts his head, peering at him curiously. “I find this to be sudden.” Kibum sighs, moving his hand away and placing it against the top of Jonghyuns silver hair. “You find a lot of things to be sudden, Jonghyun.” He smiles teasingly and Jonghyun grins. “Well, I could help you.” Jonghyun had almost forgotten about Woohyun who was sitting across from them. His lips pursed over a french-frie. Kibums eyes widened, and a twinkle of hope appeared in his brown irises. “Seriously?” Woohyun nods, popping the frie into his mouth. “Mhmm, I happen to work there too.” He said this with a small smile, glancing briefly at Jonghyun with a smirk. “Why didn’t you tell me before?!” Kibum shouts, tossing his lunch to the side and smiling brightly. “You never asked.” Woohyun replies simply, watching as Kibum settled back into his seat. The younger nods understandingly, the glitter never fading from his eyes. “Where do you work?”

“At a nearby clothing store.” His eyes light up even more. “Okay, I can do that.”

“You haven’t even heard how much they pay.” Jonghyun cuts in, sliding a possessive hand around Kibums waist as he stood. “How much?” He asks, leaning forward and staring intensely into Woohyuns eyes. “Why don’t you start working and find out.” Woohyun taunts, leaning forward and returning Kibums just as intense gaze. Jonghyuns eyes flicked back and forth between them, watching as Woohyuns eyes danced across Kibums face until they locked onto his lips.  “Too close.” Jonghyun mumbles, yanking Kibum back by his hips and holding him against his body. Woohyun chuckles--a deep, knowing laugh--rising from his seat and tossing his leftovers into a nearby trash can. “I’m going there now,” He turns, his eyes briefly glancing down at the hold Jonghyun had on Kibums waist. “If you wanna check it out…” He trails off, watching as Kibum pushed away from the silver-haired male and gathered up his books. “I’m coming.” Jonghyuns eyes widen as his hold on Kibum slipped. “Kibum…” He mutters and the younger looks back at him and makes a face. “I want to get a job.” He states and Jonghyun takes a step towards him. “I can help you.”

“You can help me by working on your music.” Kibum smiles sweetly, bending down and pecking Jonghyuns parted lips. “But, Bummie.” He clutches his wrist, and lets out a breath. “Why?” He asks and he knew it was a stupid question, but he wanted to delay their departure for as long as possible. “Are you seriously asking me why, Jonghyun?” Kibum stares annoyed at him, his tone agitated. “I don’t think I stuttered, Kibum.” He replies with a faint grin and Kibum scoffs, yanking his arm back. “Wait a few days and you’ll see why.” He grumbles, turning on his heel and striding over towards Woohyun who looked more than happy to have Kibum walking by his side. Jonghyun fought the jealousy in his heart and turned away, he started walking, but couldn't help but to glance back. And what he saw irked him; Kibum was talking animatedly, his hair bouncing atop his head as he tried to explain something to Woohyun. And Woohyun….there was a certain twinkle in his eyes as he stared at Kibum, a twinkle Jonghyun knew all too well. But--he runs a hand through his hair, turning away and letting out a heavy sigh--it’s okay, it’s fine, I love him, he loves me. He thought as he stepped away, hands placed confidently in his jean pockets.  It’s okay, we’re fine and with this he smiled, turning a corner and gliding the rest of the way down the hall. 

“So how much do they pay?” Kibum asked as they stepped into their next class. Woohyun grins, opening the door and following behind Kibum. “I’m not telling you until you apply.”

“I won’t apply until you tell me.” Kibum says, glancing over his shoulder and grinning mischievously at Woohyun. The teasing upturn of his lips had Woohyuns heart dancing in his chest and he had to take a few seconds to calm himself. “That’s not a fair bargain Bum.” Kibum shrugs, sliding into his seat and crossing his legs. Today he was wearing baggy, camo pants(which did nothing to camouflage the god gave him) Woohyun coughs, snapping his gaze up to Kibums face. He was staring intently at Woohyun and that had caught the older off guard and for the first time in a long time….Woohyun stuttered. “B-bum..?” He clears his throat, loosening his shirt button. “What? My handsomeness got you dazed?” He cusses himself, self-prevention method from falling even deeper in love with a guy who was already taken. Kibum doesn’t say anything for a moment and then a muffled laugh falls from his lips and his cheeks dimple with a smile. “Nothing.” He says, his tone soft with amusement and he turns away. Woohyun stares at him, his eyes wide. There was something, there had to be something. Why was he staring at me…..a feeling, ticklish and fluttery rose in his heart and spread to his throat. The idea was almost unfathomable, but it was there. Maybe he’s starting to… “Kibum, if you start to like me,” His head snapped around so fast, Woohyun was afraid it would fall off. “What?” His tone had turned sharp in surprise. “I have a boyfriend .” He shoves him hard in his shoulder and Woohyun sways to the side with an embarrassed and nervous laugh. “I was joking…” He mumbles, rubbing his arm and squeezing it when the words clamped up in his throat. “If you start to like me, just fyi, know that I liked you first.”

Kibum lay on his bed, his head propped up by a  fluffed pillow and his legs peeking out from his yellow blanket. With a sigh, he dials Jonghyuns number and waits(almost)patiently for his boyfriend to answer. “Well if it isn’t the cutest person alive.” Jonghyun picks up, his tone vexing and Kibum rolled his eyes, sitting up on his bed and pinching at his sweats. “But what’s up? Did you simply miss me?”

“And if I say yes?” There was a long pause and Jonghyun spoke slowly. “But...we saw each other moments ago, I just dropped you off Kibum.” The more he spoke, the more the surprise settled into his voice. “And…?” Kibum was grinning at this point, sliding his knees under his chin and wiggling his toes up and down. “I wanted to talk to you some more.” His tone had dipped down into a sweet, honey like slur of words and Jonghyun pulled the phone away from his ear before replying. “When you speak like that, it makes me want to do things to you.”

“Then do them.” There was a loud slam on Jonghyuns end and Kibum covers the mouthpiece to laugh. He clears his throat, before calling softly. “Jonghyun…?”

“One second, Kibum.” There was shuffling and a muffled slew of curse words before Jonghyuns voice returned clearly to Kibums ear. “Sorry, I had to go searching around my room for a sliver of self-restraint.” Kibum laughs loudly, his teeth showing brightly behind his lips. “Idiot.” 

“My idiocy only comes out when you tempt me...but what the hell?!” Kibum blinks. “I will come to your house and I will do all the things I want to do to you even if your parents are there.” Kibum laughs softly. “Should I open the back door or the window? Or will it be easier for you to just come through the front door?” There was silence again and Kibum flomps back onto his pillow. “Kibum, the gods heard my prayers for your honesty and I’m thanking and cursing them right now.” Kibum laughs again, turning onto his stomach. “But seriously, I will come to your house, my want for you never runs out.”

“I’m just trying to get as much of you in me before I start working.” His words were sweet just as they were a tantalizing torment to Jonghyuns still hormone raged body. “Kibum….you’re messing with me right now….” He mumbles, seemingly exhausted and Kibum smiles, dropping his honey accent and murmuring honestly. “I just don’t want you worrying about unnecessary things..”

“Such as?” He adjusts on his bed, letting out a breath. “Getting a job, why I’m  getting one.”

“Mmm, just know that I’ll come visit you almost everyday.”

“Really?” Kibum couldn't smother the excitement in his voice and Jonghyun chuckled softly. “If you sound like that, it really makes me want to come see you everyday…” Kibum smiles. “Just send me a picture of your schedule so I can pick you up.”

“Woohyun said he’ll drive me to and fro.” Jonghyun pauses and he closes his eyes before replying. “Isn’t he a nice friend..”

“Yes, he is.” Kibum didn’t add anything more and Jonghyun was grateful for his simple words. “I have to go now, Jonghyun.”

“Isn’t it your study time?”

“Yeah, but I had to call you first.” He says, before flipping onto his back and sitting up once again. “Just one more thing before you go, Kibum.”

“Hmm?”

“How come you have a nickname for Woohyun and not me?” Kibum makes a confused face. “I do, idiot is yours.”

“I thank you for that Bummie, but something else.” Kibum pulls the blankets from his body and stands to his feet. “How about…” He stretches. “Jjongie?” Jonghyun was silent and then his voiec broke in gentle. “Say it again.”

“Jjongie.”

“You’re so cute, Kibum.” Jonghyun blurts, Kibum doesn’t blush this time, instead he feels the power in his heart. I can control this puppy with this word. “Jjongie, I want you to hold me.” Jonghyuns voice cuts and then there was a loud shuffle and slam. “Self restraint search?” Kibum asks casually. “No, I tripped.” Kibum bursts into another fit of laughter. “What is wrong with you…?”

“...that hurt.” He hisses and Kibum laughs some more, walking towards his room door and closing it. “You’re a clutz.”

“I’m not and to answer your question, nothing’s wrong with me. Something’s wrong with you.”

“Me?”

“Yes, the fact that you can’t seem to realize that you make me into a , idiot of a clutz.” Kibum grins and whispers. “Oh, I realize...that’s why I do it.” There was a long silence before Jonghyun spoke. “Go study.” He demands gently and Kibum laughs. “Rest well, Jjongie.” He teases and Jonghyun struggled to reply. 

He stares at his phone, blinking a few times before placing it on the counter. “That’s why I don't have a petname…” Jonghyun murmurs thoughtfully, placing a hand over his chest. His heart was pounding, still tickling from the sweet way Kibum called him. “Aah..it’s starting to hurt..” He sighs, referring to the beating of his heart. He takes a step back, falling onto his bed and letting out a breath. If he felt this way about Kibum calling him by a petname...how did Woohyun feel..?  Did he feel all fluttery on the inside, did his heart pound with each syllable Kibum spoke? Did his cheeks warm and his body ache all over? If a simple nickname affected Woohyun the same way it affected him...the 20 year old was more than in love with Kibum. “Damn,” Jonghyun sits up, pushing his silver bangs back with a crooked grin. “The stress of having a beautiful boyfriend.”

 

 

 

Dubu Speaking

So spring break ended and I can't update as frequently BUT I GOT THIS CHAPTER DONE IN ONE SITTING UGH

*sings Jonghyuns Haellelujah*

So, Kibum's looking for a job, Woohyun's taking this chance to make his move, Jonghyun won't allow for anything to happen and Kibums honesty is slowly killing him XD I love torturing Jonghyun...haaah

This came out much more fluffy than I intended, but atleast I got soemthing written out ^^, next chap maybe tomorrow(?)

Till the next time

THANKS ASK ALWAYS FOR READING YOU GUYS!