What's Best for Us...

Romantic Reflections


Kibum had work the next day, there were still a few days left of spring break, but it would be over soon. “That’ll be $20..” He says, tone bland, a false smile plastered onto his lips. The woman on the other side, shuffles through her wallet before pulling out a single bill. He takes it out of habit, ringing her up and handing her, her clothes. “Have a nice day.” He says mechanically. Yesterday, after Jonghyun left, Kibum pondered a few things and his phone was full of messages from Woohyun. It was a constant reminder of what had happened two days ago. What was their relationship turning into? And Kibum couldn't help but think about the look Jonghyun had on his face before leaving. “I’ll text you later, Kibum.” He had smiled, but it was tight and thin and his eyes seemed as though they were heavy. Kibum looks up at the jingle of the door. “Welcome to….” He stops mid sentence, eyes locking with dark pupils. It was Woohyun. He waves, stepping towards Kibum in long strides. Kibum lets out a breath, looking away and busying himself with the register. “Hey…” Woohyuns voice broke into the silence, deep and regretful. “Kibum, can we talk for a moment?” Kibum opens the register, pulling the money out and counting the bills. “Hey don’t ignore me.” Woohyun chuckles nervously, leaning on the counter and peering at Kibum. His black bangs shielded his eyes. Kibum continued to count the bills, his fingers working slowly. Woohyun sighs, shoving a hand through his brown hair. “Bum, talk to me--”

“If you’re not going to buy anything, please leave.” Kibum says coldly, looking up and meeting his eyes. Woohyun stares at him for a moment before leaning back and clearing his throat. “Are you going to buy something?” Kibum asks again, placing the money back and crossing his arms over his chest. He stood defiantly, almond eyes ice behind his lenses. Woohyun nods, turning around and grabbing the nearest object in sight. “I’ll take this.” He says and Kibum stares at the thing he had grabbed and grins. He takes it, ringing it up and the price came to a total of $45 dollars. “Plus tax.” Kibum adds, wrapping the designer shirt up nicely. Woohyun grumbles, pulling out his wallet and fishing around until he found his debit card. Kibum doesn’t take it, instead he stands there staring at the plastic card in Woohyuns hand. Woohyun blinks. “Kibum…?”

“Woohyun,”

“What is it?”

“You’re an .” He blurts, looking up and locking eyes with the older. “A real piece of .” He continues, snatching the card and running it through the slot. Woohyun stares at Kibum, his eyes tracing every feature on the younger and he spoke softly. “I came to apologize to you.”

“I don’t care for your apology Woohyun.” Kibum hands him his card. “I gave you a chance and you know what you did?” Kibum leans forward, resting his elbows on the counter. “You ed it over.” His tone was biting, eyes stale brown. Woohyun averts his gaze, staring down at his feet. “I have a lot of things towards you that I’m grateful for, this job for example, but,” Kibum leans back, standing up straight. “You trampled over our friendship when you suddenly got the wise idea of pouncing on me and getting in a fight with Jonghyun.”

“Kibum, I--”

“You need to learn how to shut-up, Hyun.” Kibum shakes his head. “You don’t know when enough is enough.” The door to the store jingles again and Kibum looks over Woohyuns shoulder, plastering a smile onto his face. “I have to go.” He pushes his glasses up on the bridge of his nose and walks around the counter towards the woman who had just entered. Woohyun stands still, staring blankly at where Kibum stood just a few seconds ago; slowly he turns around and his eyes land dazedly on Kibums broad figure. Next to the woman he looked so much bigger. Woohyun suddenly felt embarrassed at his attempt of trying to forcefully taking the young college student. He picks up the shirt he had just bought and stares at it through the plastic bag. It took him a few moments to realize that it was a shirt that suited Kibums style. 

“Hah….” He laughs, squeezing the bag and walking towards the door, he passes Kibum and their eyes meet. Instead of grinning like he’d normally do, Kibum bows his head and tells Woohyun to have a nice day, like he’d do to any other customer.

Kibum had his hand to Jonghyuns wrist, lazily tracing up and down his arm as he sat between the olders legs. Jonghyun places a hand to Kibums head, gently tugging at his dark strands. “How was work?” He asks, tone hoarse from what seemed to be exhaustion. He didn’t get much sleep last night. “It was normal...I’m just anxious for classes to start again.” Jonghyun nods, moving a hand to Kibums neck where he squeezes his nape, eliciting a relaxed sigh from his boyfriend. “You’re tense.” He comments softly and Kibum bobs his head, eyes fluttering to a close. “It’s probably because Woohyun showed up.” Jonghyuns hand freezes on Kibums neck. “Woohyun…”

“Yeah...he wanted to apologize…” There was a pause in their conversation and they both stayed silent for what seemed like an eternity. “Jonghyun,” Kibum turns his head, looking up at Jonghyun who was staring out into the distance. “Jonghyun.” He calls him again and this time the silver-haired male looks down at him. “What is it, Kibum?” He asks, warmth filling his eyes as he slowly slid the glasses off of Kibums nose. Kibum saw something flicker in his eyes before the warmth filled them. “Is something wrong?” He asks sitting up on the couch and staring at Jonghyun intently. “Hmm?” Jonghyun folds the glasses up neatly, placing them on the table in front of them. “You just seem...out of it…” Jonghyun laughs, but his laugh sounded somewhat hollow. His laugh fades out and he meets Kibums eyes with a blank expression. “Kibum,”
“What?” Jonghyun leans forward, gripping Kibums shoulders and staring into his eyes. Kibum was caught slightly off guard and he fell back on the couch, Jonghyun hovering over him, clutching his arms tightly. “Jonghyun?” Kibum questions, meeting the olders shaky eyes. Jonghyun bit his bottom lip. “Kibum, please just marry me.” He exclaims, his fingers pressing harder into Kibums skin. “What the hell are you talking about…?” Kibum asks, a slight tremble in his voice. “Marry me, please, I just want you to marry me.”

“Why?”

“Because I love you.” Kibum sighs, sitting up and pushing Jonghyun off of him. “You’re not thinking right now. We’re in college still, Jonghyun, I’m only 18.”

“So?”

“Your parents haven’t even met me!”

“They’ll meet you when I bring you to them, a ring on your finger.” Kibum guffaws, rising from the couch and reaching down for his glasses. “You sound crazy right now.” He mutters and Jonghyun jumps up. “Crazy for what? Wanting to marry you!?”

“You don’t want to marry me, Jonghyun, you only want to mark me.” Kibum places  his glasses over his eyes and blinks. He looks up slowly meeting Jonghyuns eyes, but it seemed that the older was looking through him. Kibum chewed on the corner of his lip speaking lowly. “You think that if I have a ring on my finger, it’ll prevent anyone from trying to steal me away.” Jonghyun blinks and this time he looks at Kibum, really looks at him and he says--voice a mere whisper-- “You’re right…” Kibums heart thrummed hard against his chest and he peers into Jonghyuns eyes, reading the mixed emotions in his gaze. “You’re an idiot for thinking that I’d let someone take me away from you.” Kibum mutters, turning away and walking towards his room. It seemed that each step passed by in slow-motion, Kibum grew farther and farther away from Jonghyun and he felt his heart clench, as though it was being strangled.

“Ki..” His voice wouldn’t come out. “Kibum!” He calls and the younger stops in his tracks. There were so many things he wanted to say, so many words he wanted to express to Kibum, a number of things he couldn't wrap around his heart to declare. And there was a darker side to his thoughts. I want to keep you. I want you to stay here. I want to lock you in my arms and never let you go. Everyday and everynight, you’ll be mine. His thoughts were marred with confused love and rampant emotions. “Kibum,” He needed to take a step back from his boyfriend, to figure these things out. “I need sometime away from you, Kibum, not to brood over what Woohyun did or anything involving him, but...I need a moment.” Kibums eyes glaze over and his breath stilled. “You mean too much to me and it’s driving me insane.” Jonghyun continues. “Your existence is a part of my being and….and if someone were to ever whisk you away…” He chuckles darkly. “I’m pretty sure I’d kill them.” Kibums eyes flicker around Jonghyuns face, reading his expression. There’s a pause, Jonghyuns breath could be heard as he exhaled. “So I need sometime away from you. I love you, deeply, more than you may believe, and before I do anything to hurt or scare you…” His voice shook, because saying these things weren’t easy for him. If possible he wanted to be around Kibum 24/7, but right now, he couldn’t do that. He needed to sort himself out. Running a hand through his silver hair, he turns away heading for Kibums front door. “Please don’t call, I’m pretty sure I’d steal you away and scream and cuss at the sound of your voice.”

“Steal me, Jonghyun.” Kibums voice was soft and his eyes were gentle, shaking with compassion. “I’ve already been stolen by you many times.” Jonghyun smiles down at his feet, turning the knob and opening the door. “Then wait for me to steal you again.” He says over his shoulder, walking out; the door closes soundlessly behind him and soundlessly Kibum felt his heart drop and shatter into billions of pieces. 

 

 

 

 

 

Dubu Speaking

I have arisen! Has it been that long? Mmmm WELL I'M HERE NOW ;)

Anyways!! Before you write this off as angst, give it a moment, these two have to sort their feelings out

@Jonghyun and Kibum you're both still too young to get married, just give yourselves sometime

And Hyun....haaaah, look at the mess you've created

This won't be a long authors note, but I should be back soon again^^

Love you guys, till next time, lenses!

(SWC4 has made me emotionally unstable, shawol drowning in pearlescent tears)