Yin & Yang

Romantic Reflections

“So are you guys like the Yin and Yang twins now?” Minho cracks with a grin. Jonghyun looks up towards Kibum and his eyes twinkle. “I guess we are kind of like Yin & Yang.” Jonghyuns hair was now silver, contrasting well with Kibums black hair. “You’re the Yin to my Yang or the Yang to my Yin or whatever the hell it is.” A small smile spreads across Kibums lips  as they walk down the hallway towards their classes. Minho was finally able to join them, Kibum had one class with him while Jonghyun had none. “Why don’t you have any classes with me?” Jonghyun questions as they stand outside of Kibums classroom. “Do you really want to know?” Minho asks opening the door. “Yeah, you have a class with Kibum, which isn’t fair at all.” Kibum grins. “Lay a hand on my boyfriend frogface and I’ll cut off your frog legs.” Kibum bursts with laughter, walking through the door, his laughter awaking anyone who was asleep. Woohyun’s head snapped up at the sound, his heart pounding when he noticed Kibum walking through the door with a vibrant smile. His black hair was curled, his pants yellow and tight around his legs. His shirt was as vibrant as his smile and then suddenly he felt dark.

 

Woohyun could feel it, Jonghyuns gaze searing into him, warning him. The twenty year old only smiled, rising to his feet as Kibum greeted him. “I see the hound is with you.” Kibum rolls his eyes. “Don’t call him a hound, he’s just….” Kibum glances back at Jonghyun, smiling softly and waving. He waited until Jonghyun and Minho were gone from the doorway to say. “He’s just an overly protective puppy.” He smiled to himself, sitting in his seat. Woohyun watched as he smiled, his heart warm but at the same time cold. He didn’t want Kibum smiling because of Jonghyun, no, he wanted the younger man to smile because of him.

 

The professor walked through the door, a stack of papers in her hands. This was Kibums travel class, another class he happened to share with Woohyun.  “Good afternoon sweethearts.” She greets them warmly and soft murmurs of ‘morning’ fluttered around the room. “Now,” She dusts her hands, looking around the room and eyeing her students, her gaze locks onto Kibum. “You.” She points, coaxing him over. He his head to the side, pointing a finger at himself before slowly rising to his feet. “Come here cutie.” She calls. He adjusts his glasses, tugging at his pants. Woohyun noticed how the fabric creased around his crotch and his eyes linger before snapping his gaze up. Kibum turned away, walking around the desk, down the aisle and towards the professor. She smiles sweetly at him. “You dressed colorfully today.” He nods slowly. “With a show of hands can you tell me how you think Kibums dressed? Which place he would visit with these clothes on?” She gently pushes him forward and he stands up tall, flipping his bangs to the side. “Raise your hand if you think he’s dressed for a trip to America.” A few people raise their hands, Kibum quickly counts five, excluding Woohyun. “Okay, who thinks he’s dressed for no travel?” There were more hands, Kibum glances back at the professor--what was she getting at? “Okay, okay...what about travel to Gangnam?”

 

“That’s not even a trip.” Someone calls and she laughs gently. “Right, true, but it may be a trip to him.” She squeezes his shoulder. “Thanks honey, you can go back to your desk.” Kibum bows slightly, hurrying to his seat. Woohyun smirked up at him. “The model of travel class, huh?” He teases with a smirk. “Shut-up hyun.” Kibum elbows him and the older man sways to the side with a chuckle. After a while he regains himself, slapping a hand casually to Kibums thigh. He moves his palm up and then slowly down, staring straight into Kibums eyes, he murmurs. “Don’t you think these pants are a little too tight for travel?” Kibum smiles, prying his hands away. “Don’t touch me.” He warns, giving his attention back to the teacher. Woohyun chuckles. “I’m not going to jump you.”

 

“My boyfriend has said that before and the next morning I woke up with a sore back.” Kibums lips were spread in a tight line. Woohyun smiles, placing a hand against the youngers arm. “I would never since you’re already taken.” But the squeeze of his hand and the way his thumb across Kibums skin, said something else.

 

Later, the professor used the people who had voted for what type of place Kibum would travel and assigned them to groups. Of course Woohyun and Kibum were paired, just the two. No one else thought of Kibum traveling to see his boyfriend except for Woohyun. “Why else would you wear something so colorful, not to mention tight.” Kibum rests a hand in his hair, peering at Woohyun from the corner of his eyes, a mischievous grin curling the corners of his lips. “What if I said I dressed this way just to ?” Woohyuns eyebrows raise and then he nods. “I could see that…” Kibum laughs lightly, turning away and sitting up straight. “Since we now have two projects to do together, I think it’d be best if we had some way to contact each other.” Woohyun mentions casually and Kibums eyes widen behind his glasses. “I never thought of that.”

 

“See? Ya need me Bum”

 

“Just give me your number.” Kibum mumbles, sliding out his phone. “Why not give me yours?” Woohyun asks, taking out his phone, already creating a new contact. “No, I think I’ll just call and text you.” Kibum hands him his phone. “Put in your number.” Woohyun takes his phone with a smile, reading what KIbum had saved him under. “I’m not complaining or anything, but...why did you save me as ‘Dumb Hyun?’” Kibum shrugs. “I call people who are my friends dumb.”

“So then is your boyfriend just a friend?” Woohyun asks with a sly grin. Kibum shakes his head. “He’s a dumb idiot, there’s a difference.”

Minho kicked the ball across the field, sweat lining his forward as he watched the ball fly into the goal. He clenches his fist, jogging towards the net, bending down to pick up the ball. He tosses it in his hands, before placing it to the ground and dribbling it with his feet. When he was helping Kibum get together with Jonghyun, he made sure he told the once blonde, older male--that Jonghyun was a player, that he was also an idiot. And a 18 year-old, to be careful. Now he was telling them to watch out for each other, to hold onto to each other because they were meant to be. Minho pauses, standing on the field and letting his breath out in short puffs of air. He places a hand to his hair and sighs. “Why am I always playing the love coach….”

Jonghyun sat in class, his foot tapping on the floor in impatience. He wanted to go, math more than anything, he loathed the subject. With a groan, he lifts his head and his eyes doubled in size. Since when did this person get here?! And as he peered closer at the smiling stranger he drew back, a gasp caught in his throat. My doppelganger? The smiling stranger, faced him and her eyes widened too. “Doppelganger!?” She blurts, dropping her voice. Jonghyun nods dazedly. “I have a twin.” She beams, extending her hand and taking his. “The names Amber.” Was she American? “You look….so much like me.” He mumbles. She chuckles. “Same could be said for you.” He grins.

“My name’s Jonghyun.” He grips her hand firmly and she pulls her fingers back with a smile. “You hate math too, huh?” She asks. “Yeah, how’d you know?” He peers curiously at her and with a simple smile she taps his worksheet. “Nice doodles.” He blinks his eyes before laughing. 

Finally he could tell Kibum that he had made a friend. 

After all their classes were done, they met up at the library, Kibums heart fluttering as he intertwined his fingers with Jonghyuns. “Bummie, guess what?”

“Hm?” Kibum hums, swinging their hands back and forth as they walked down the hallway towards the exit doors. “I met someone,” He starts mysteriously, hoping to get Kibum a little jealous. “Who?”

“A girl.”

“Is she after you?”

“Maybe…” Jonghyun smirks to himself, leaning forward to peer at Kibum. The younger was only grinning, a sweet, pleased grin that automatically made Jonghyun feel bad. “At least you’re making friends,” Kibum drops his hand, leaning down and staring gently into Jonghyuns eyes. “I’m glad, I didn’t want you to come to college and not make friends because of me. It’s good that you’re meeting new people.” He kisses Jonghyuns cheek, taking his hand and tugging him towards the door. It takes Jonghyun a moment to recover himself, but when he does he grips Kibums hand tighter and murmurs. “Can we just go back to your place and hangout?” Kibum shakes his head with a smile. “Can’t. I have to call Woohyun so we can start our group assignment.” Jonghyun freezes. “You have to call...who…?”

“Woohyun,” Kibum glances back at him. “I introduced you to him about a week ago.”

“I remember.” It was something Jonghyun couldn’t forget. The way he looked at you, Kibum. The way he talked about you and other men. What he said about you; “I want Kibum.”

“Don’t invite him over.” Jonghyun blurts, his tone dark. Kibum makes a face, his eyebrows knitting down in confusion. “I have to eventually and besides, I like Woohyun.” Jonghyuns stomach flipped inside out and he swallows the rock in his throat. “You like him?”

“As a friend, he’s fun to hang around, I think he’s pretty nice.” The more Kibum spoke and complimented Woohyun, the more the jealousy rose up and suffocated Jonghyun. “He’s so annoying sometimes.” Kibum laughed, turning his back and walking ahead. Jonghyun stared after him, his heart rattling in his chest. What was this--this feeling? Jonghyun knew that jealousy was burning through his blood, but there was something else. Fear, he swallowed when he realized it. “Jonghyun, ya coming?” Kibum glances back at him, waiting with a lax gaze for his boyfriend to catch up to him. Jonghyun shakes his head, forcing a nervous smile onto his lips. “Coming.” He calls softly. 

He feared that Kibum would walk away from him, that no, he wouldn’t be taken, Jonghyun wouldn’t allow that. But that his sweet, his kind and cute and charming, Kibum. Would walk away willingly into the arms of another. And that’s when all the unknown feelings of love hit him hard. 

He wouldn’t be able to handle something like that, he wouldn’t be able to breathe without Kibum. 

Was love always this overwhelming?

 

 

 

 

Dubu Speaking

Uh-oh, those previous feelings of love are coming back and Jonghyun doesn't know what how to handle them.

He's never thought about Kibum leaving him, he's never tried because it'll hurt and it'll hurt so much

Jonghyuns in love and Kibum taught him the meaning of love, he's still teaching him and they're both still learning

And then we got Woohyun entering the picture, already threatening to break what fragile bond they have. 

THE DRAMA IS ON lol not really yet

Thanks again you guys for the votes and for subscribing :D