Punches that Shatter

Romantic Reflections

Woohyun breathes heavily, tightening his grip on Kibums wrist. He stares down at him, eyes dark and predatorial. He wanted this, no, he needed this. Kibum, he needed him. His chest clenches in synch with his hands. Kibum stares blankly at him. “Woohyun..” He cuts the silence with the weapon of his voice. His tone had changed and now he sounded more annoyed than anything. “Let me go.”

“No.” Kibum rolls his eyes. “Don’t make me fight you.” He mutters, and Woohyun grins. “I would like to see that.” Kibum continues to stare at him, peering into his eyes and reading his expression. Woohyuns intention was serious, this was something he wanted, KIbum could see it all in his eyes and feel it in his body language. But there was something lacking, an unease that clouded his expression. “You’re ruining the friendship we have.”

“ the friendship.” Kibum flinches, taken aback by his words. “I don’t want a friendship with you anymore Kibum. You don’t understand how tortuous it is to want someone who’s already taken.” The words rush out and his grip relaxes. Kibums expression melts into understanding. “I understand you, Hyun, because I’ve been through that.” Woohyun stares down at him, watching as his lips moved. “I fell hard for Jonghyun and everyday of liking him I would have to see him with a different girl, telling her the same thing. After a while you start to believe that his I love yous are useless….” KIbum trails off. “But I learned something about Jonghyun, when he truly loves someone he gives that I love you, a new meaning.” He smiles thinly. “Lets give our friendship a new meaning, I’m in love with someone else Woohyun, so lets just stop this.” He speaks kindly. Woohyun stares down at him, taking in his facial features. Everything about him was just wonderful, all of it Woohyun wanted to possess, but all of what Woohyun wanted was already taken. 

“I can’t do that when you’re so enchanting Kibum.” He says bitterly, locking his hands with Kibums and then leaning forward to touch their lips. Kibum had a split second to react, he jerks his hands upward, twisting his body and knocking Woohyun back. Woohyuns teeth clashed with his bottom lip and Kibum grimaced from the slight pain. 

Kicking him away with his feet he sits on the bed, a thin trail of blood running down his lip. Woohyun falls to the floor, his abdomen burning from the kick Kibum had blown to his stomach. The air stilled and Woohyun stares down at the ground before looking up, his eyes widening at the scarlet color that now stained Kibums lower lip. “Bum...you’re bleeding..”

“And whose fault do you think that is!?” His voice had deepened, annoyance evident as he rose to his feet. Woohyun didn’t feel ashamed of what he just tried to do, no, he only felt regretful for hurting Kibum. Slowly he rises, grabbing Kibums arm and stopping him. “You injure me and now you try to stop me..” He scoffs, wiping his lip with his shirt sleeve and jerking his hand out of Woohyuns grip. “I’ll try and forget this, I won’t tell Jonghyun about it, and  don’t think I’m protecting you.” He looks back, his gaze cutting. “I want to continue being friends, but--” Woohyun clutches his shoulders, slamming him with such force against the wall it shook his body. The wind was knocked out of Kibum and he coughs. “Woohyun…” He chokes out his name, hacking slightly. Woohyun squeezes his fingers into Kibums arms, holding him in place. “I told you to forget the friendship, Bum.” His voice was shaky, eyes glistening. Kibum stares at him wide-eyed, blood still dripping from his lower lip. “Being just friends with you is bull!” The volume in his voice rises and Kibum was way past being done with him. His expression was cold, a drawn line on his red lips. He uses his foot to sweep Woohyuns legs out from underneath him, the brunette fell to the ground and KIbum stares down at him. He glares, placing a foot to Woohyuns chest. 

“I asked you nicely and I warned you.” He presses his foot down hard, hovering over him in contempt. “You’ve pissed me off, Hyun.” He leans forward, his lip now slightly swollen. Woohyun was struggling to breathe, taken aback by the sudden change in Kibums voice and stance. “I’m going to be honest with you, brutally honest ‘cause that’s something I’m good at doing.” His eyes gleamed behind his glasses. “If you can’t handle being around me, if you can’t hold yourself back and act appropriately, being that I’m already dating someone,” He moves his foot back. “Then simply put I won’t hang around you.”

“So you’re asking me to give up on you?” Woohyun questions still laying on the carpeted floor. “I’m not asking you.” Kibum laughs darkly. “I’m demanding you. What happened today showed me your true intentions. I’m telling you straight up, Woohyun.” He extends his hand, pulling him up and adding. “There’s no chance for you, I don’t want to be with you.” He runs his tongue over his bottom lip and the metallic taste of iron tingles on his tongue. Woohyun watches him and he doesn’t allow the hurt to show on his face. “Hah, wow…” He runs a hand through his brown hair. “You’re really honest, Bum.”

“I only get this honest when someone tries my patience.” Woohyun laughs again, looking down at his feet. “You’re so dedicated to him…” He murmurs and Kibum smiles tightly. “Why wouldn’t I be? He’s my boyfriend.” Woohyun nods, looking up slowly and meeting Kibums eyes. There was a glint in his irises that warned Woohyun not to try anything more. He sighs and Kibum turns away, reaching a hand towards the door and unlocking it. “I’ll see you at work tomorrow.” Kibum says softly before stepping out of the room and walking away. Woohyun listens as the front door shuts and then falls back onto his bed, crumpling into the blankets, wanting to be swallowed in them. 

Jonghyun bops his head to the melody, nodding in agreement as Hae-sol spoke. “I see you changed the strings in the background.” The composer comments and Jonghyun nods. “Yes, I wanted something fuller, but I think that I may end up changing them again.” Hae-sol chuckles gently. “Nothing ever pleases you.” Jonghyun laughs lightly, pausing the track. “I’m just very meticulous when it comes to my music.” Hae-sol nods in understanding. Jonghyun had rushed over to the college after dropping Kibum off at Woohyuns place. A  move he was hesitant in doing, but eventually he gave in and left Kibum there, trusting him. He wanted to finish developing the song and get it to Kibum on his birthday. There were a few months to go until Kibum would turn 19 and with that amount of time Jonghyun could nearly perfect the song. His phone vibrates in his pocket and he raises a finger, signaling Hae-sol that he would be a moment. “Hello?” He answers stepping out of the studio. “Jonghyun, hey, sorry are you busy?” Kibums voice was low, slightly distraught. “No, not really. Want me to come get you?” There was a pause, Kibum took a breath, hesitating. “Only if you’re not doing anything…”

“I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Thanks, Jonghyun.” He smiles warmly, waving into the room to Hae-sol that he would be leaving. “Did something happen?”

“Huh? Oh no...that just happened to have my glasses.” Kibum lies, in  attempt to somewhat protect Woohyun from Jonghyuns wrath. “Woohyun had them?” Disbelief filled the olders voice. He took a moment, trying to gather his thoughts, walking out of the studio and towards his car. He opens the door and then it clicked. “That stole them from me didn’t he Kibum…?” Kibum was silent. “He stole them? To lure you?” Kibum still didn’t speak. Jonghyun laughs darkly under his breath, placing a hand to his hair and cursing. “He didn’t steal them, Jonghyun...” Kibum spoke listlessly and Jonghyun scoffs. “Then what? They happened to make their way into his room?” he laughs loudly and Kibum sighs. “Jonghyun..”

“That just doesn’t know when to quit.” His hands ball into a fist and he swallows. Sliding into the passenger seat and turning the key, he says calmly into the phone. “I’ll see you in a little bit.” He hangs up, slamming the door shut and driving off. 

Kibum stares down at his phone, letting out a breath and walking towards the sidewalk. He stood by the grass waiting for Jonghyun to come and pick him up. The wind rustles and Kibum sways, reaching a hand up to along his lower lip. He hisses out from the faint pain, Woohyun had nipped his skin, his teeth sinking deeply into Kibums bottom lip. “Damn…” He uses his sleeve to cover his mouth as Jonghyuns car neared, rolling up to Kibum and stopping in front of him. “You came  quick.” Kibum says, his voice muffled behind his sleeve. Jonghyun doesn’t say anything, he opens the car door and steps out, the engine still running.  “Jonghyun, get in the car.”

“No, I just want to talk to him.” He strides up to Woohyuns door and slams his fist against it. “Woohyun!” He bellows and Kibum sighs, tugging on his arm and yanking him back with all of his weight. Which was a lot since Jonghyun ended up stumbling back a few feet. “What?!” Jonghyun spat and Kibums eyes widened momentarily before he glared. “If he opens the door what are you going to do? Punch him? Kick him?” Kibum asks calmly and Jonghyun clenches his fist. “That son-of-a- has been pissing me off lately. Have you heard the things he says about you, Kibum?!” Kibum shakes his head and Jonghyun runs a hand through his hair. “He can’t talk about you like that, not when you’re my boyfriend, not when you’re mine.” Kibum stares at him empathetically, taking a step towards him and reaching out a hand to touch Jonghyuns arm. “Jonghyun...let it go…”

“Kibum, he….” Jonghyuns eyes land on Kibums lower lip and the door to Woohyuns apartment opens. “What...happened to your lip…?” He asks, his voice soft. “Huh? Oh…”. Kibum glances over Jonghyuns shoulder, meeting Woohyuns brown eyes, the older man seemed indifferent. “We…”

“He tried to kiss you?” Jonghyuns voice was sharp, on edge and his eyes were sparkling, twinkling danger. “He tried, but I didn’t let him.” Kibum fastens his hands to Jonghyuns arm, locking him in place. “You’re not getting it, Kibum.” Jonghyun says, knocking his hand away. “He tried and did that.” Jonghyun hisses, touching Kibums lower lip with his fore-finger. Woohyun laughs behind them, stepping towards Jonghyun, hands in his pockets. “I would have tried more if Kibum hadn’t fought so hard.” Kibum saw it tug and pull and then rip in Jonghyuns eyes. The anger catching flame like that of oil, the surface of his heart and then burning the remnants of his control. He spun, knocking Kibum back and charging towards Woohyun like some wild animal. “When will you learn to shut your ing mouth.” He grits out and Woohyun smirks. “When Kibum’s mine.” Jonghyun glares, forcing him back against the door and throwing a punch to his chest. Woohyun coughed and lifted his foot, kicking Jonghyun back. 

Kibum thought they looked ridiculous, two college men fighting over another man. With a long drawn out sigh, and a hand to his hair, Kibum walks towards them. “Hey!” He yells, his voice dropping an octave or two. But they didn’t take notice. “Okay, then.” He stretches his hands above his head, rolling his neck, clearing his throat and then charging up like a king pissed at his soldiers. “es!” he shots, punching Jonghyun hard in his stomach and landing a blow to the side of Woohyuns face. They turn simultaneously, staring at him wide-eyed. “Snap out of it, I’m not a girl and you’re not ten year olds, grow up.” He grabs Jonghyuns wrist, yanking him away. Woohyun laughs, turning on his heel and saying over his shoulder. “If only your fist were your lips.” Jonghyun hisses out another cuss word and Kibum--tired of all their bull--charges up to Woohyun and hits the back of his head. He yelps out in pain. “What the…” Kibum places a hand to his shoulder turning him around. “You don’t know when to shut-up, do you?”

“Obviously…” Jonghyun murmurs and Kibum glares at him. “Shut-it Jonghyun.” He warns and Jonghyun turns away like a wounded puppy. “Look, Woohyun, whatever this is,” He gestures between them and then to Jonghyun. “It’s gotta stop, spring break was a break from college aka hell. I didn’t want to bring hell with me.” He lets out a long breath, his lips. His bottom lip started bleeding again. “Lets take a moment, I think we all need a moment away from each other.” He says gently, taking a step back and into Jonghyuns arms. Woohyun watches with faded eyes, his cheek swelling because of Kibums previous blow. “Whatever.” Is all he says, turning away before the mixed chemical of sadness and frustration showed on his face. What is this? Why does it hurt? ! Why can’t I get anything right?

Jonghyun and Kibum were quiet as they drove to Kibums house. “Kibum….” Jonghyuns voice was faint, almost far-away. “Yeah…”

“That hurt...when you punched me…”

“It wasn’t supposed to feel good idiot..” Jonghyun nods in response, his eyes focused on the road. “Kibum…”

“What?”

“Do you want to come over?” Kibum turns, looking at his side-profile. He tried to understand what the older was thinking. “Why…?” He asks dumbly and Jonghyun shrugs. “I want to be with you.” Jonghyun wouldn’t blatantly say it, but he was feeling unsure, vulnerable. Woohyun, now that he thought about it, hadn’t really done anything. Kbum wasn’t violated, he fought back(of course) So why’d I flip a switch? Jonghyun groans, shoving a hand through his hair and pulling up in Kibums driveway. “Are your parents home?”

“My mom is.” Kibum says this opening the door and stepping out onto the driveway. Jonghyun turns the car engine off, unbuckling and getting out of his seat. He slams the door shut, striding up to Kibum and placing a possessive hand to the mid of his back. “I guess you’ll have to try and keep your voice down.” He whispers promiscuously and Kibum shudders. “You want to have after I punched you?” Kibum asks as they near the front door. Jonghyun nods. “Yes...I have to be sure of something…” Kibum stops, glancing back and peering down at the top of Jonghyuns head. “Be sure of what?” Jonghyun looks up and Kibums heart shook, the olders eyes were glistening with what seemed to be tears. “Jonghyun…”

“I have to be sure that you’re mine, Kibum, that I'm not crazy.” Kibum paused for a moment, staring at Jonghyun quizzically and then he softly murmured. "I'm yours and you're not crazy."

“Let me hold you and replace the scar on your lip with the imprint of my love.” KIbum chuckles sweetly. “You’re such a romanticist.” Jonghyun hums, moving his hands to Kibums waist and poking his sides. And the thought of Woohyun touching, taking this body, flashed through his mind and never in his life had Jonghyun wanted to kill a person as much as he wanted to now slaughter Woohyun. 

 

 

 

Dubu Speaking

Dropping this on you guys on a weekday, what what!

Is Jonghyun crazy? No, but crazy in love, yes. It's still new to him, he doesn't want to lose Kibum, NO ONE CAN HAVE HIS BUMMIE

Is Woohyun a donkeys-? Yes, yes he is...he can't seem to shutup and that's my doing(eheh)

Was this fight over nothing? Think about it from an emotional perspective, the way Woohyun talks about Kibum has always bothered Jonghyun, but he tried being mature and stuff. But that wasn't working and he snapped. And Woohyun he's a donkey because he's jealous of the relationship/understanding/dedication Jongkey have with each other(he wants to possesive something as wonderful as them)

And can you expect in the next chapter? Yes, emotional, feelsy, ty- ;)

THAT'S IT FOR EXPLANATIONS

I'm going to sleep

as always love my lenses~