The Start of Spring

Romantic Reflections

Woohyun had to be a ing if he really decided to stop chasing after Kibum. He looks up, meeting eyes with the younger who was working this Friday night which would transition into spring break. To pass up someone like Kibum--full legs, nice , sweet lips, gorgeous face and one hell of an attractive personality--it would be an unforgettable mistake on Woohyuns part. “Got any plans for spring break?” Woohyun asks, folding a shirt in his hands. Kibum nods and Woohyun takes notice of the smile caressing the youngers face. “Are you and Jonghyun doing something together?” He asks bitterly and Kibum nods. “I’m planning a surprise for him, that’s why I got this job.” Woohyun nods, placing the shirt down and stating blandly. “He should really cherish someone like you, Bum.”

“He does, just yesterday we…..” He trails off, his cheeks warming and Woohyun squints, discerning his expression. “You what? Don’t tell me you two interacted in ual .” He teases, struggling to hide the envy in his voice. Kibum clears his throat, looking up from the ground and meeting Woohyuns eyes sheepishly. The grin on Woohyuns face slowly began to fade. “Haha, how does he treat you?” The words were coming out, Woohyun didn’t want to know, yet he longed to hear about how Kibum liked being touched. How the younger was in bed, he ached to know and yet he ached to not. He didn’t want to digest the way the two conversed in bed. But he wanted to know… He looks up at Kibum, eyeing him with a heated gaze. He wanted to take in Kibums varied expressions of pleasure. 

“You’re a voyeur.” Kibum says blatantly and Woohyun blinks, his hand and raising it to his mouth to muffle his laughter. “Why would you want to know something like that?” He asks, turning away from the older man. Woohyun swallows down the rest of his laughter and says seriously. “I’m just curious Kibum, I want to know how you prefer to be treated.”

“Why?” Woohyun flinches back slightly hurt, but shakes it off with an upturn of his lips. “Have you already forgotten that I like you?” Kibum spins around and looks at him with the most innocent type of curiousity. His brown eyes blinking, his lips pursed, ready to say something. He crosses his arms over his chest and flips his black bangs back. “No, I haven’t forgotten, but I thought you would have some decency and not ask such questions when I’m already in a relationship.” He cuts back, his words sharp and Woohyun felt their stab all the way to the core of his heart.  He clears his throat, taking a deep breath before replying. “I wasn’t trying to be decent when I asked you Kibum, it was my intention to appear crude. I know you’re dating Jonghyun, I know he loves you and that you love him, but…” Woohyun takes a step towards him, Kibum doesn’t flinch, his eyes unmoving. “I want you and I’ll be sure you know that. It’s my mission to steal you away, I suggest you watch your lips…” He glances around before extending a finger and placing it against Kibums lips. “Unless you want me to forcibly shut them with mine.” He grins pointedly, moving his thumb to caress Kibums plump, bottom lip.

Kibum stares straight into his eyes, the almond color of his irises twinkling with what seemed to be amusement. “Woohyun,” He carefully moves his wrist away, his tone calm and even. “It’s my courtesy in being straight with you, I’ve been through unrequited love and all that other unrequited bull and I don’t like being lead on and you,” He pokes Woohyun in the center of his chest, digging into his skin. “I won’t lead you on, you’re a good friend to me.” His voice and gaze softens. “So I’m letting you know that there’s no chance for you, that there’s no room for you in my heart when Jonghyun has taken it all.” Woohyun was touched by Kibums honesty and roused. He places a hand to Kibums shoulder, leaning down slowly to whisper in his ear. “That’s why it’s my job to make room, Bum.” His voice had deepened to an attractively cunning depth and his breath tickled the side of Kibums neck. He squeezes his shoulder before turning away to greet a customer that had just walked in. 

“I should be visiting soon, you know it’s not that far for me to drive Kibum.” Kibum nods as if the person on the other end could see his gestures. Minho had driven him home from work and was lurking somewhere around his house. He sighs. “What made you want to go to a university in the country?” Kibum asks and the person on the other end laughs, his chuckle a calming sound to Kibum. “It’s peaceful out here Kibum, I thought you of all people would understand.”

“Yeah, but you’re missed…” The person gasps and Kibum laughs lightly. “Don’t seem so surprised.”

“Missed? Me missed? By whom?” His voice was expressing mock surprise and curiosity. “By me of course.”

“Really now?”

“Yes…” There’s silence and then his voice returns, gentle and reassuring as usual. “I should be there by Monday, we should go out drinking.”

“I’m not old enough to drink yet, Jinki.” Jinki laughs brightly. “You act old enough, I think you’ll be fine.”

“.” He grumbles. “Who’s an ?” Minho asks returning with a can of soda and a bag of chips, Kibum glares. “Go on and make yourself comfortable, frog-face.” Minho grins, kicking Kibums feet that were propped up on the seat, to the side. “Well, if you say so Kibum.” He winks and Kibum kicks him. “Is that Minho?” Jinki asks and Kibum hums in response. “Tell him I said hey.” Instead, Kibum hands Minho the phone, eyeing him as he rose to his feet. Minho grabs Kibums ankles, pinching his skin. Kibum jolts in pain, extending his foot and kicking the taller male in the lower part of his abdomen. He coughed out a hello to Jinki, retreating to the hall. 

Kibum lets out a breath, bouncing up from the couch and onto his feet. He walks around, stretching and twisting his body in all directions, loosening himself. Looking around he spots the stereo. He glides over to it with a breezy smile, pulling out a band to tie his bangs up on his head. Apple-style they called it, he would have to take a picture and send it to Jonghyun. He skipped through the stations until he found a song that he liked playing. Taking several steps back, he counts the beats in his head, waiting for the right moment to jump in with the choreo. When the music slowed and picked back up, he broke out into the dance. He swung his arm over his head and rolled his hips, kicking out his legs. He danced effortlessly and Minho returned, opening his mouth to say something, but stopped midway when he caught sight of Kibum dancing. 

His body jerked out in all directions and his hair fluttered atop his head. Minho’s hand sagged against his sides as he watched. Leaning against the wall, he crosses his arms, watching Kibum intently. This was how they first met a few years back in the gymnasium when Minho caught Kibum dancing fiercely to SNSD’s- Gee. He watched from the wall until the slightly older male turned to face him. And just like then when Kibum turned, their eyes met. Minhos heart gave a little kick  at the lighthearted expression on Kibums face. He seemed so free and wonderful and…..beautiful….

“Done talking with Jinki?” Kibum asks, lowering the volume on the stereo and walking over towards Minho with an inquiring smile. Minho blinks his eyes, fumbling to hand Kibum his phone. “Yeah...he said he can’t wait to be back.” Kibum’s smile widens and that oh-so cute dimple of his appears. “Mm…” Kibum trails off, clicking his phone on and sliding to the camera. He raises it high, first taking several pictures of himself and then grabbing Minho by the mid of his arm. “Take a selca with me.” He commands softly. Minho stares wide-eyed, his heart revving up to beat rapidly. Kibum smelt like cinnamon and a tangy smell he couldn’t quite put his senses on. The camera flashed once and Minho blinks, adjusting his height as Kibum held onto him. The camera flashes another time and Minho smiles, his dark eyes warm, his full lips curved upwards. And the third time he peers at Kibum, his dark eyes filling with feelings he had once locked away. He stares at him not only in awe of him but in a bitter wishing. The camera flashes, capturing this exact look. “I’ll be sending these to Jonghyun.” Kibum announces, his voice lowering to a tender tone. And with those words Minho is brought back to earth and faced with reality. 

“What? So he can’t get off to them?” He jokes and Kibum makes a face, in his bottom lip and raising an eyebrow as if to say: oh really? “That’s gross since you’re in them Minho.”

“Oh right.” He says half-heartedly. “And besides those types of pictures are for later.” Kibum winks, running a seductive tongue over his bottom lip. Minho stares at him for a moment before brushing past him. “Why did I even hook you two up?” He asks, the question aimed more at himself. “Because you knew that we would go well together.” Kibum replies in sing-song and Minho felt that old twinge in his heart. “Of course…” he picks up his coat, walking towards the front door, KIbum follows after him. “You should invite him over.” Kibum shakes his head. “He’s doing his music right now.” Minho glances at his watch. “This late?” It was five past eight. “It’s not that late and I’m more than happy that he’s following his dreams.”

“Of course you’d be.” Kibum smiles, his eyes flicking briefly to the side. “You know Minho….I thank you.” Kibum spoke with a graceful gratefulness, his lips poking out as he recited each syllable. A pink tongue darting out to meet even pinker lips. “It must be late for you to get all feelsy like this.” He replies trying to cover for his ever changing emotions. Kibum laughs aloud. “Just get out.” He says behind a smile, reaching over to open the door. Minho grins to himself, stepping out into the warm, sweet air. “Spring’s here.” He announces suddenly and Kibum nods. “It’s nice….” He murmurs, the trees fluttering gently in the slight breeze. After a few seconds Kibum steps back inside ,waving kindly to Minho, who had descended down his driveway. Minho watches him, his dark hair rustling against the wind, he salutes Kibum playfully and watches as he laughs before closing the door. 

As Minho stared at the closed door he remembered when they first met, the hopeful twinkle in Kibums eyes and the glisten of sweat on his neck and shoulders. His smile fades and he stands on the sidewalk. Just like then--slowly he turns away--he knew that there was no chance. “You’re friends with Jonghyun right?”

“Uhm, yes.” A smile broke out across his beautiful face. "I need your help."

That was the first thing Kibum asked him and hearing that Minho forced his feelings to stop before they grew any bigger. But somehow Kibum had slipped between the cracks of his heart and was slowly making his way back into the tiny spaces. But just like then, he knew better, he knew that he wasn’t the one for Kibum--he was never the one--it had always been Jonghyun.

He kicks a rock and watches as it skips across the street, knocking into a tree. “Lucky bastard of a short-, you should be glad that I love KIbum and you…” He pauses in his tracks, staring up at the slowly darkening sky. An array of purples and pinks were beginning to discolor the blue sky. “You should be glad that I love you two together more…” He murmurs, his voice sad yet tickled by the memory of how those two had met. “Hey frog-face, who’s that?”

“You wouldn’t have even approached him if it wasn’t for me…” His words flutter off into the air, mixing in with the sweet scent of the flowers, making them sweeter. 

Jonghyun’s phone beeps and he pauses his track playing, before flipping it over to read the message that he had received from Kibum. Kyeobum- look at us being adorable --image attached--

He opened the image, his heart racing, eyes sparkling. He had changed Kibums name in his phone back to Kyeobum, reminding him of all their firsts. The picture enlarged and it was one of Kibum and Minho smiling together, the colors of their eyes glistening with a calm contentment. Jonghyuns heart warmed as he eyes glazed over the image, tracing an imagined finger over the apple tie of Kibums hair to the dip of his chin. “Adorable..” He murmurs, and Hae-sol looks up at him with an amused and admiring smile, his expression reading, to be in love again

Jonghyun quickly texts back; you’re adorable, do you have more? just of you?, send them so I can sleep tonight^^ and one more thing...kibum you’re like spring, a season that’s always changing, growing more beautiful as it progresses, but for me you’re an endless spring, always causing my heart to flutter.
He presses send, quickly typing another message. Dino- I only have one request, don’t ever stop blooming for me *kisses* I love you~ get some sleep ;)

 

 

 

 

Dubu Speaking

The drama isn't on yet you guys, haha and it's late, I'm the only person up so I'll get to explaining in the morning...it's kind of scary, so quiet right now...haha

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT YA CUTE LENSES!! <3 <3

I'll be back sooner than ya think with an update :)