I'll Hold You

Romantic Reflections

Woohyun holds the door open for Kibum and he manages to smile meekly at the older brunette. “Do you mind talking with me for a moment?” He asks and Kibum shakes his head. It had been about a month since his somewhat fallout with Woohyun. And Kibum and Jonghyun had yet to get back together, the yearning was slowly becoming unbearable. In the middle of the night Kibum would think of his short boyfriend and jump up in bed shoving a hand through his dark hair. Questions would run wild in his mind: what is he doing at this moment? Could he be thinking about me? Is he alright? “I’ll only talk for a minute, because to be quite frank I don’t want to be bothered with you anymore.” Kibum cuts. Woohyun felt hurt, but he didn’t let it show on his face instead he smiled, walking next to Kibum. He stares softly at the younger and takes in a deep breath before saying. “Kibum, I don’t know how to…”

“Just talk normally. I don’t want an apology or to hear your slew of regrets...just talk to me.” Woohyun stares at him and his heart ached; this young man, Kibum, he had come to love him and with that love he blinded himself, lost control and ruined a relationship, one of them his own. So--walking next to the person that now enveloped almost all his heart--he shoves him in his shoulder and cracks a joke. Kibum stares at him wide-eyed and laughs, he laughs knowing that their friendship wouldn’t be able to go back to how it was, but atleast now they could come close. 

Jonghyuns eyes follow Kibum, passing him in the hallway and he pauses in his tracks. Things were reverting back to normal and Jonghyun didn’t feel as much hate or jealousy towards Woohyun anymore. His eyes drift between the two and linger on Kibums smiling face, those lips….it’s been awhile since I’ve kissed them. Jonghyun clenches his fist, forcing himself to look away because if he kept staring, if he kept thinking, he’d end up doing something. “Jonghyun,” There was a hand on his shoulder, Jonghyun looks up meeting eyes with Minho. “Go over and talk to him.”

“I don’t know.”

“It’s been a month, just say hey; you miss his voice, I know you do.”

“I miss more than that, Minho.” Jonghyun swallows, his entire body buzzing with nerves that wanted to embrace Kibum. “A little too much info there.” Jonghyun chuckles, moving his friends hand away and brushing past him. “No you aren’t.” Minho grips his shoulder, turning him around and gently pushing him towards Kibum. “Frog-face.” His tone was warning. “Come on, I’ve hooked you guys up once, I can do it again.”

“It was different then…”

“How so?” As they’re talking, Minho’s pushing Jonghyun closer and closer. “I don’t think I loved him as much as I do now…” For Jonghyun it was love at first sight and that love had deepened, deeper and deeper until he was drowning in it. But it was something he wanted to stay drowned in forever. “So if you love him even more, than you should really want to see him.” Jonghyun pushes back on his heels, preventing Minho from pushing him any further. “That’s the thing. I want to hear his voice, trust me I do, I hear it passing in the halls and I see him in classes, but up close, you’re asking me to do something!” Jonghyuns voice had taken on an anxious tilt. “Minho, you don’t know what it’s like to want to hold someone again after so long.” There’s silence and then Minho answers softly. “I never had a chance of knowing, anyways.” Jonghyuns eyes widen and he looks back, Minho was staring at him. They stand in the hallway, their nerves cooling their bodies. It’s Minho who breaks the silence with a gentle laugh. “Sorry, I had to make you feel a little of my pain.” Minho squeezes his shoulder, resuming his pushing. Jongyuns gaze lingers on him for a moment before looking away and resting his eyes on Kibum.

Kibum who was quietly laughing, nodding and then turning. Kibum who was blinking, then asking and pointing and chuckling. “I know I’m handsome, but please don’t stare.” He says and Minho laughs somewhere behind Jonghyun, but Jonghyun couldn’t hear it, the only sound was that of Kibums voice. How long? A month? A year? A forever ago….no, it wasn’t that long...it wasn’t that long at all…. Jonghyun closes his eyes, opening them and grinning. “Obnoxious as always.” He exclaims and Kibum shrugs, his lips curled upwards in that adorable way of his. “I can’t help it.” He smiles at Jonghyun and Jonghyun smiles back, his shoulders relaxing. “It’s been a while, Bummie.” Jonghyun murmurs, the nickname catching Kibum off guard and causing his cheeks to warm. It had been a while since he heard Jonghyun call him that, since he’s heard him in general. “It has…” Minho looks between them and smiles in a bitter-sweet way because he acknowledged that this could have been his chance to win Kibum over. But--he could see it in their eyes, the twinkle that would never twinkle out--he admired their love. “How about we all go catch a movie? It’s Friday, so it wouldn’t hurt.” Minho says. “Exams are starting.” Kibum reminds them. 

“That’s why we need to have as much fun as possible..” Jonghyun says grinning. Kibum sighs, but he was smiling. “You can tag along too.” Minho says gesturing towards Woohyun who was standing awkwardly as the others talked. “Do you really want me to come?” He asks and Minho nods. “I need to have a little talk with you.” He says this, taking a step forward and hooking an arm around the olders shoulder. 

That night they all rarely watched the movie, Jonghyun couldn't take his eyes off of Kibum and Kibum couldn’t help but to think of their first date together and how he had clutched onto Jonghyun that day. He wished he could hold him now...slowly he turns his head and his heart skips a beat noticing that Jonghyun was looking at him. “You’re supposed to be watching the movie.” He hisses and with a smirk Jonghyun replies. “And so are you.” Kibum rolls his eyes, abruptly turning away and crossing his legs. Jonghyun chuckles lightly. It felt as though their relationship was a movie that was simply placed on pause and when they pressed play it would continue where they left off. 

Minho and Woohyun were somewhere in the hallway, they had left right before the movie began. “Suddenly calling me out like this…” Woohyun starts off jokingly and Minho raises an eyebrow, his muscular arms crossed over his chest. “I know it was you.” Woohyun’s expression darkens and his smile fades. “You may have tried, but I could have told you--I think I did--that it wasn’t going to work.” Woohyun’s eyes drift away and Minhos voice turns serious. “I hope you aren’t trying anything now.”

“I’m not….there’s not a chance.” Minho laughs darkly. “You realize that now?” He asks and he moves forward, closing the distance between them and placing a hand to his shoulder. “If you would have taken a step back and seen that you weren’t the only person that loved Kibum, that just like me you couldn’t have him.” Woohyun still wore a blank expression. “Well, unlike you I had a chance, but unlike you I’m a good guy.” He takes a step back and his expression relaxes, his voice filling with warmth. “You see how they are together.”

“I want something like that…” Woohyun mutters and Minho smiles sympathetically. “Then find someone whom you can love as much as they love each other.” Woohyun looks up, locking eyes with Minho and laughing under his breath. “You really…” Minho continues to smile, his voice growing softer. “When an angel loses a wing it falls, you wouldn’t want to see Kibum fall.” Woohyun stares into his dark pupils curiously. “Jonghyun is that wing, don’t cut him off when he holds Kibum up.”

Things progressed slowly after that night, Kibum started meeting Jonghyun before and after school and they would meet briefly in the library. There was no kissing, hand-holding or obvious signs of affection, it was simply a friendship between the two. “What exam do you have coming up?” Kibum asks Jonghyun as they sit in the library. Jonghyun tilts his head, eyes rolling up to the ceiling. “I think I have one in English I.” Kibums eyes brighten. “I could help you study.”

“Really? What about your classes?” Kibum makes a pssh sound. “I’ll be fine.”

“Confident much?” Jonghyun taunts. “I wouldn’t be who I am if I wasn’t confident.” Jonghyun his head to the side and nods in agreement with Kibums statement. “Lets start with the basics.” So they do, at the very beginning, back to the first chapter. Kibum laughs when Jonghyun makes a mistake, his accent heart-achingly adorable. “The e is silent in this one.”

“How the hell is it silent?!” Jonghyun grumbles and Kibum shrugs. “The American language.” Jonghyun makes a face continuing on with Kibums impromptu lesson. “No, no, it’s like--you’re really an idiot.” Kibum was a laughing mess, he had to clamp a hand over his mouth to keep from laughing as loudly as he usually would. Jonghyun was smiling crookedly, his gaze soft. After about ten minutes he started messing up on purpose just to see Kibum smile and to hear his laugh. “You’re still cute.” He comments carelessly and Kibum stops laughing, his eyes shaking as Jonghyun stared at him. “Really, you are.” He adds and Kibum clears his throat, looking down at his hands. Jonghyun had forgotten for a moment that they weren’t dating. “Oh….” He leans back in his seat. “I made things awkward.” Kibum was still staring at his hands. Jonghyun places a nervous hand to the back of his neck and mumbles in English. “Sorry.” It was silent and then Kibums cheeks puffed out, his lips parted in loud laughter, heads turned to look at them and Jonghyun was caught off guard by the youngers sudden outburst. Kibum continued to laugh. “Bu-Bummie…?” Jonghyun reaches a nervous hand forward and Kibum looks up, tears were streaking down his cheeks and Jonghyun’s hand froze across the table. “Jonghyun…” Kibum was crying, he had stopped laughing and silent tears rolled down his cheeks. “I really missed you.” His voice cracks over the words and Jonghyun felt his heart crack with them. 

Jonghyun watches as the younger cries, he watches the tears stream down his cheeks in star like drops. I’ve never seen him cry. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him cry. Jonghyun was at a loss, he didn’t know what to do. “Ki….bum….” He extends his hand, standing up and leaning over the table to cup Kibums face. “Kibum.” He repeats his name and Kibum looks away from him, not trying to wipe the tears, they dropped freely and Jonghyun felt all the nerves in his body  react to the sight of Kibums tears. His tears were even beautiful. “Look at me.” Jonghyun commands gently and Kibum looks into his eyes. Oh god, Jonghyun swallows, opening his mouth and talking slowly. “Please, don’t cry.” Kibum pulls a pathetically-cute expression. “You’re asking such a thing of me and it’s almost been two months...since…..” KIbum trails off and Jonghyun could see the struggle going on in the youngers eyes. Kibum chews on the corner of his lips and stares into Jonghyuns eyes. “ you, Jonghyun.” His voice cracks again. “I never cry! Why the hell am I crying?!” Jonghyun didn’t know whether to laugh or to cry with him. “Bummie…”

“Stop, stop.” Kibum pushes him away, pulling off his glasses and wiping at his eyes and sniffing. “I’m making things hard on you, you needed a moment away and we’re back at where we started.” Jonghyun listens, Kibum sniffs again. “But you didn’t even give me a chance, you just--you just walked out!” Jonghyun settles down into his seat, his eyes quivering as Kibum talked. “You didn’t even give my heart a chance to break all the way because you appeared behind me and you smiled and I knew then that you would be back.”

“Kibum.”

“I waited for you, Jonghyun. I’m still waiting for you. I’m waiting for you to be okay again, I’m waiting for you to find who you are, I’m waiting for you to stop saying that your dream is me and to start saying that it’s to be the best composer. I’m waiting for you to steal me again….” Jonghyun stares at him, at his movements, at his gestures, his lips and then into his eyes that hid behind his glasses. 

“I’m not making any sense, am I….” Kibum takes a deep breath. “But, I don’t know why I cried...I think I just missed talking with you like that.” Kibum chuckles. “But honestly….I didn’t think I would miss you as much as I do…..” He trails off and Jonghyun takes this opportunity to fill in the gaps. “Kibum, I needed that time away from you so that I could find myself, so that I could stop putting all the pressure of my feelings on you.” Kibum doesn't’t speak. “I didn’t mean for it to cause you pain...I…” Jonghyun takes a breath. “I just didn’t want to pull you into my growing insanity.”  There was a pause in their conversation. Jonghyun reaches over and pushes Kibums bangs out of his eyes. Those eyes as captivating as always. “Jonghyun…”

“Yes?”

“Is it okay if I kiss you?” Jonghyuns eyes widen and his heart flutters, he wasn’t expecting such a question. But realizing why Kibum was asking him such a thing, he smiles and leans forward. “Not at all, Bummie.” It wasn’t like their first kiss, there were no fireworks or explosions, this feeling was more subtle, more sensual in the way that it was soft. Kibums lips were warm and slightly chapped, Jonghyun didn’t mind, when did he ever?

He tilts Kibums head up, deepening the kiss, his eyes fluttering to a close. So what if people were staring? So what if someone happened to walk in on them? So….what….Kibums lips were all that mattered, Kibum….ah. Jonghyuns body surged with a bundle of emotions all unraveling one by one and filling his every move and thought. Kibum, it’s been awhile since I’ve last held you. Jonghyun thought this, gently prying Kibums lips apart with his tongue. I want to hold you, Kibum. His tongue slips into Kibums mouth and he slides a hand down to grip the youngers wrist. 

Jonghyun pulls away searching Kibums eyes with his own and murmuring breathlessly. “Kibum, I’m going to steal you.” Kibum only smiles, reaching a hand up to gently a hand through Jonghyuns silver strands. “I’ve been waiting.” He whispers. 

They gathered their things, rushing to Kibums house and collapsing on his couch.They held each other, an everlasting hug. But that’s all they did, Jonghyun held him, embracing him tightly in his arms and kissing the top of his forehead. And Kibum lay in his arms, closing his eyes and counting the beats of his heart. All that was left was for them to continue growing with each other, helping one another through the rocky patches and to pull each other out of the ocean when they felt as though they were drowning. 

 

 

 

 

Dubu Speaking

Okay, who is it? FESS UP!! It makes no sense, HOW AM I GETTING SO MANY UPDATES OUT??!?!

But really though.....ANYWAAAAAYS, since I'm actually awake enough to explain some things

I shall explain~

KIbum asked Jonghyun if it was alrght if he kissed him because the kiss would start their relationship again

Bummie was making sure Jonghyun was alright with the continuation

Which it's obvious that he is

They both had to find themselves, Jonghyun more than Kibum because he always put attention in others than in himself

When he was dating all those girls for example

It was only when he started dating Kibum had he realized his own dreams and desires

I think that's enough for now, I'll leave the rest to you guys ;)

Hehehehe, I laugh because the next chap will be oh-so enjoyable for me~