A Glimpse of Forever (fin)

Love Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"

"Jongin," Luhan leaned back a little, drifting away from the kiss. He caressed the young man's face for a little while as he muttered, "I know there's no turning back. But can we go down now? We're up high and my knees are still shaking."

"After my kiss you're still terrified." Kai countered. "Need some more?" 

Luhan hit his chest and retorted, "Easy. We are in the middle of the concert."

He was quavering deep inside but Luhan decided to climbed down first. Two men [staff] assisted him halfway through. Kai then followed shortly. 

The fans were all screaming like crazy. Some were in awe after witnessing Kai's brave act to support the deer. Others were speechless. Kai and Luhan were very much aware that the manager and some working staff backstage saw them. Even if the lights obscured their little moment above, they were also sure that videos and photos will break the internet. Anxiety sinks in but it seems that the thought of having each other prevails. 

When they were finally down, the other members joined them and gave Luhan a warm hug. Sehun messed his hyung's hair and expressed how glad he is seeing Luhan somehow overcome his fear; and for getting the pizza as a prize for them. 

"You're all for the pizza, Sehunnah," Luhan uttered knowingly. Sehun just smirked and turned around. He saw Kai observing the members's merriment on the side. The maknae patted the dancing machine's shoulder as he passed by him. Kai followed Sehun's movement as the latter went back to his seat. He was pleased by the maknae's friendly gesture.

The emcee was waiting for them to finish their little conversation and to continue the activity. The concert lasted for almost three hours; including the actual performances and the talk part. 

The final song was the most cheerful number among the rest. Everyone was having a good time until the members waved goodbye to their fans.

"EXO saranghaja!"

They raised their glasses for a toast and cheered for themselves; for the success of their concert league. They arrived at the dorm not long ago. Since the energy from the last concert was still sipping through their veins, they decided to have a mini-celebration. Beers, pizza and other Korean authentic food were all over the dining table and the kitchen counter. The presents from the fans were scattered on the living room, filling the usual empty space. EXO were pacing back and forth; eating, drinking, dancing, singing....

"If not for Luhan-hyung's courage, we'll have no pizza tonight!" Chen exclaimed before he munched a slice of pizza. Tao nodded happily while letting Kris have a bite of his cheese stick. Suho clapped his hands and the rest followed. He added, "Don't foget Kai's reckless move. I was scared there for a second when I saw him climbing up hastily, but it went all smoothly thank goodness."

The members continued chatting until Xiumin brought up the topic about Kai and Luhan's moment on the platform. 

"I kinda see what you did there, Kai," Tao said. "Good thing the lights were dimmed. I swear I could have gotten a heart attack!"

Kai was leaning against the kitchen counter, drinking his beer. He smirked and replied, "Just giving Luhan his daily dose of  delight."

Lay almost choke on his beer upon hearing the dancing machine's direct words. Xiumin and Baekhyun were hiding their malicious grins while Chanyeol just nodded in approval. 

Meanwhile, Luhan was busy browsing his phone. 

[Manager: I would like to talk to you both tomorrow morning at SM. Please see me at 10.]

He let Kai read it and the latter replied, "Alright. We'll go then." Luhan nodded before he resumed eating his meal.  After the merriment, the members finally decided to sleep. The empty bags of food and cans of soda were left everywhere. Chanyeol was in a dilemma if he has to clean it up beforehand or wait until tomorrow. He was the only one left in the dining area while the rest marched to their rooms. 

"These guys," he scratched his head. "Why do I always end up cleaning all the mess? I thought we are one." He started gathering the trash until someone hit his head. It was Baekhyun. 

"Indeed, we are one. That's why," Baekhyun grabbed his nape and dragged him away. "..let's have to clean up tomorrow."

Chanyeol tried to get away from Baekhyun's grip but failed. "But the manager will give us a piece of hell if he finds out..."

"He won't find out...." Baekhyun continued. "Come on...."

When they reached the hallway, the other members were waiting in front of their rooms. "There they are," Tao stated the obvious which made Kris glared at him. "Let's do the cleaning tomorrow, shall we?" Suho requested. 

"I thought you're already asleep," Chanyeol said as Baekhyun let go of him.

"We were waiting for you," Sehun responded casually. 

Chanyeol was pleased. "Oh! That's very kind of you. Are you guys guilty of letting me do the cleaning everyday? I am very touched I could give you hug and a kiss. Come on, group hug!"

Ignoring him, the members moved one by one, stretching and yawning, as they entered their rooms. 

"Good night, Chanyeol," uttered Suho.

"Night, old man," Sehun added.

"Sleep now. Do the cleaning tomorrow," D.O continued without hesitation (or mercy).

Luhan just waved at him goodbye while Kai was trying to get him inside their room already.

"I hope you guys have a good night," said Lay with utmost sincerity.

Baekhyun turned to the rejected Chanyeol and exposed a mocking expression before he, too, went inside his room.

"I knew it," Chanyeol sighed as he dragged his feet to his room. "Good night, guys. You really know how to make me feel special." He uttered in a hopeless manner.

The morning after, snapchats and videos of Kai and Luhan's moment during their concert spread all over the internet; from famous Showbiz newsletters to SNS to EXO fanpages. Without a statement coming from the management and a confirmation from the two, the media already confirmed Kai and Luhan's relationship. Some of the EXO members were still sleeping soundly that morning, but Kai and Luhan were already preparing to go to SM. Suho met them at the hallway and inquired.

"So I guess this is the management's move," Suho started. "I bet the boss will talk to you about it today."

"We think so, too," Luhan replied. "Manager-hyung will see us first. Sorry but we have to skip cleaning."

Suho patted his shoulder, "No problem." He then turned to Kai who was now waiting at the doorway, "You can get through it. Just call me if you need anything. I'll see you both later."

"Thanks, hyung," Kai responded with an earnest smile before he and Luhan departed.

When the two arrived at SM, they saw a mob of fans waiting for them outside the building. They were holding placards that say supportive messages and were expressing favorable response about the news.  Kai and Luhan smiled at them before they entered. 

"I never expected such warm support from our fans," Kai murmured.

Luhan elbowed him, "Don't underestimate them. If there's one reason why were still here, it's because of their never-ending support and care. They have faith in us so it's just right to give back and have faith in them, too."

Kai looked amused upon hearing the deer, "That's very convincing, Lu." He chuckled and continued, "I know I shouldn't doubt them. We're really lucky."

They walked pass some SM idols who greeted them casually. There was a hint of knowing but being professionals as they are, they remained respected by most of the people in the building. Taemin suddenly popped out from one of the doors in the hallway to catch them.

"Yo!"

Kai strolled pass him, ignoring his greeting on purpose.

"Hey! That's rude."

Luhan hid his smile and greeted him politely. The denied Taemin acknowledged the deer and was happy to see someone appreciate his existence. He then leaned closer to Luhan and mumbled, "I wonder why you chose that kid, Luhan-sshi. He doesn't look special to me. He's also rude."

Kai looked back at him, "What did you say?"

Taemin held Luhan's shoulder as they walked. "Are you really sure he's the one, Luhan-sshi? Tsk tsk tsk. I am worried for you. You should think well before---"

"Alright, stop it already. Hello!" he grabbed Luhan away from him. "There's my greeting. Now, if you'll excuse us. We need to see the manager."

"The manager?" Taemin inquired, not letting the two off. "Is this about what happened at the concert?"

They nodded. 

"I see," Taemin thought for a moment. "Are you going to be alright?" 

"Of course," Kai refuted. "Don't worry."

Taemin finally smiled, "If you say so. Despite your foolishness, I can trust you when it comes to Luhan. Good luck to you, two. I really hope it'll be alright." He waved goodbye to them and excused himself.

EXO's private room~

When Luhan opened the door, he saw the manager sitting on the desk, arranging tons of documents alone. He glanced at them and asked the two to sit down. He then followed and started, "You know why you're here."

They nodded.

"I'm also sure you're aware of the news," continued the manager. "About what happened last night. The press have already gone nuts in publishing articles about your relationship. As expected, it's not all positive. And don't think you can get around it easily. Your fans have different opinions about it but based on SNS and other fan pages, I can see that most of them, thank goodness, accept it. It wasn't a surpise that some already had an idea about the two of you. There's one article which states that the two of you went to a private resort during Jongin's birthday and I assume it's correct."

Luhan nodded.

"I don't think I need to delve deeper into this matter. Rumors and issues are nerve-wrecking. It'll affect you to the bones whether you like it or not. I hate to think about it but some people will take advantage of these issues for their own benefits. What about your families? Have you talked to them?"

Kai answered back, "I talked to my mother before the con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter