Doldrums

Love Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's POV

I can’t breathe. The hurt; it’s sickening. It lingers even if I drown myself in whatever drink I can take. I don’t know what’s going on around me.  I don’t know who’s with me. I don’t know what’s with me. All I could think of is him…how he turned away from me when I asked him to stay.  When he took the first step away from me, I felt like my world fell apart. I know he went after Kai; and it pains me to see how foolish I am for thinking that we can be together… I regret the chances I missed. I love him and that’s all I could feel. 

Luhan....hyung.... do you really adore him? Do you love him truly? Will you be happy with him? What about me? What about us? Can you let go of me that easily and reject my feelings like I am not capable of becoming someone you'll love? How can you bear seeing me like this? I wish I could just hate you to relieve myself from this torment.... but I can't...

I still long for you...I miss you now more than ever...

 

EXO DORM~

Kai immediately grabbed Luhan next to him when he saw the deer's eyes; he was about to give in and cry. 

"Give me that s---!" Chanyeol crumpled the paper and left the living room to throw it away.

"Who the f wrote that?!" Chen asked in fury. 

While the members' faces darkened, Kai embraced Luhan tightly. He didn't say a word. He just let Luhan pour out the pain he's feeling. 

Not long, Chanyeol returned with Suho and the manager. 

"What is this?!" the manager asked, enraged, while showing them the crumpled paper. "Where did you find this?" He turned to Luhan. "Luhan, do you know what's the meaning of this?"

Luhan hold back his tears as he escape from Kai's arms. He looked at the manager with a strong front and was about to reveal all that has happened when Tao answered back. "I found it inside Sehun's pocket."

The manager frowned at him. He turned to look at Sehun who was unconscious on the couch. Suho was trying to wake him up.

"Maybe an obsessive fan who despises Hunhan saw Sehun and put the paper," Kris uttered, trying his best to clear up the doubt.

"I don't think a fan will go that far," D.O answered him back.

Kris arched his left eyebrow, "That's why I emphasized the word OBSESSIVE. A fan who is obsessed with Sehun can do that."

The manager then fell into deep thoughts. Baekhyun noticed this and he asked, "Manager-hyung? What's the matter?"

After  a few moments of silence, the manager replied, " A girl....."

The members become even more confused. 

"A girl?" Chen asked.

The manager nodded and said, "Yes. I find Sehun at a secret clubhouse/bar, not far from SM." He paused then continued, "I saw him with a girl."

Luhan and Kai looked at each other. The latter then asked, "A random girl from the club? Did you ask for her name, Manager-hyung?"

The manager replied immediately, "Yes. Jul Ya. I think her name was Jul Ya."

Luhan's eyes widened; his jaw slowly dropped in surprise.

"She told me that he and Sehun were childhood friends. This kid called her to ask her if they could hang out and so they met at the bar. /sigh/ I was relieve to know that she's not a girl Sehun just pulled to have a 'good time' with."

Kai sighed and as he turned to Luhan, he saw the latters stunned expression. He looked at him intently and asked, "What's wrong, Lu?"

"Luhan-hyung?" D.O called him out.

"...."

"Jul Ya..." Luhan finally uttered. "She's Sehun's ex-girlfriend."

Bewildered, all of them fixed their eyes on Luhan who more than anyone else, looked paralyze.

"Ex-girlfriend?" They chorused.

Luhan nodded as he recalls. "They broke up short after our debut. That's what I know." 

"Do you think she's the one who wrote the message, hyung?" D.O asked. They were all waiting for Luhan's reply who just shook his head, puzzled. "I don't know."

The manager sighed and find a seat. He looked at Luhan carefully and asked, "Did you meet her personally, Luhan?"

Luhan mumbled, "Nooooo..... I haven't met her."

"Why would she do that? Is she insane or what?" Chen said, totally unimpressed. "Pathetic."

The manager stood up and started to pace back and forth. "She hates Luhan because of the ship?" He then laughed sarcastically, "So she did believe that there's something going on with you two. Wow."

The members then all looked away. Luhan can't help but bow his head and look down. 

"Manager-hyung...I----"

"It's not your fault, Luhan." The manager interrupted him as if he knew what he was about to say. He's wrong.

"But-- I --"

"Don't worry. I know you read some hurtful words but that's part of being in the industry. I will make sure nothing like this will happen again. I have had enough of today. Our priority now is to make sure Sehun's fine. If the management finds out...tsk. I don't even want to think about it now."

Luhan fell silent. Baekhyun gasped for air as he moved towards Luhan. He patted his shoulder. 

Lies after lies, the members tried their best to assure the manager that they'll do just fine with themselves. When the latter left, they sighed in relief as they sat down, looking at the drunk maknae.

"Why would she do that? Do you think Sehun told her?" Suho broke the silence. The members looked at him keenly.

No one dared to answer.

Kai who was holding Luhan's hand, observed the down deer. He, too, feels weary for Luhan. After keeping quiet, he finally spoke, "He's too drunk. There's a high possibility he spilled it."

"But that's not a fair reason to call Luhan-hyung a ----! That ---" 

Chanyeol interrupted. "Tao! We can't just conclude. I hope we can ask Sehun tomorrow. /paused/ But I am pretty sure he won't say a thing."

 

"Hyung...." Lay suddely called gently. Luhan turned to look at him. "You and Kai are together now right?" 

 

Without hesitation, Kai replied, "That's right. Luhan already accepted me." Luhan then nodded. 

Xiumin was waiting for Suho's reaction since the latter is one who doesn't believe in the two. As a leader, he is always pressured to maintain the group; to make sure no one messes up. And now, the pressure is taking its toll.

Unexpectedly, he smirked. "I have to admit. I am not happy wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter