Doldrums (cont.)

Love Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I was the reason?”

“Lu,” Kai hugged him tightly as he kissed Luhan’s forehead. “It’s alright. I’m here.”

Sehun who was about to approach Luhan immediately stopped when he saw the two.

Luhan turned away, losing Kai’s grip and looked back at Sehun. He walked towards the maknae as he faintly calls out for him, “Sehunnah…”

Sehun took a step backwards.

“Sehunnah…

When Luhan was about to reach out to him, he blocked the deer’s hand.

“Sehunnah, ---I think we need to talk…”

Avoiding Luhan, Sehun dashed outside.

“Sehunnah!” Luhan ran after him. “Wait!”

As Sehun rushed outside, he quickly called for a cab. Luhan stopped him and grabbed his shoulder. “Listen…”

Without saying a word, Sehun went inside the cab.

“Wait, don’t go…” Desperate, Luhan started slamming the cab’s glass window to stop it from moving.

Sehun just sat there, ignoring the plea.

“What is going on? Do you want me to drive now?” the cab driver asked. “Your friend is calling for you.”

He didn’t answer.

When the driver started the engine, Sehun gestured at him to wait for a second. He opened the side door where Luhan was and pulled the latter inside the cab.

“Now, drive,” Sehun ordered and soon enough, they were getting away.

“Sehunnah!”

Sehun looked at him and replied, “You want us to talk right? Then we shall talk, hyung.”

“Where are we going?” Luhan asked. Sehun just shrugged.

“Sehun, please.”

Sehun turned to him; his eyes were full of sadness and longing.

Luhan’s POV

That moment, I felt like Sehun was crying inside. There may be no tears but his gaze created a burning sensation in my heart. It was the look when I first met him. I still remember. I wanted to reach out and give him a hug; to comfort and make him understand that everything will turn out alright; even if I know that’s beyond impossible in our case. I can’t even get closer to him now without thinking of what he has done to me and the words I heard from Jul Ya.

This trip feels like the longest one. The silence is deafening. I can’t help but reminisce the time when we just laugh our hearts out, talking about anything that we could think of. We were so immersed with each other’s company to the point that we don’t even mind the people around us. But now, as we sat together here, I am so sentient with the surrounding; the trees, the people on the road, how the sky was starting to dim this morning.

We feel like strangers trying to live our own lives; it doesn’t matter if we don’t talk or meet again since we are not part of each other’s world.

It’s crazy how someone I treasured for years turned out to be the person I need to abandon for me to become happy; for me to be with the person I love the most.

When the cab pulled over, Luhan found himself in front of a European-inspired house. Sehun went out quickly as he held Luhan’s arm.

A middle-age

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter