Anew: A song for You

Love Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXO DORM ~ 7 PM

Kai sighed as he let himself fall onto the bed. He checked his phone. No message. He can't help but scratch his head in annoyance. He's not calling, he thought. 

One day had pass since the EXO-M members flew to China. It bugs the hell out of the dancing machine to see Time mocking him; every second is taking its time. Come on, Lu. I have been waiting all day. Just a call. I wanna hear your voice so badly. Kai was starting to nibble his fingernails as he keeps his eyes on the screen [of his phone].

[Lu-love calling...] ^^

He jumped out of bed and stared keenly at the screen. He's calling... he's calling! He was looking at Luhan's name on his phone for a good five seconds. Damn. What the hell am I doing? I need to answer. "He-hello! Lu?!" His voice was cracking as he picked up the call. He can hear the background noises over the phone. 

"Jongin?! Hey! I'm sorry I wasn't able ---"

"I MISS YOU!" He almost screamed back at Luhan who fell silent at the young man's outburst. He then laughed at Kai's silliness. "Really now. I miss you, too." 

Kai just imagined a smile forming on Luhan's beautiful lips as he speaks. He can't help but beam as well. The deer's voice was a priceless remedy to his lonely heart. They talked for about five minutes until Luhan asked to go. He was preparing for the fanmeet. 

"I'll be going now. You better rest. You need energy for tomorrow's activity," Luhan paused for a moment and finally said his goodbye, "See you in two days. I love you, Jongin."

"Alright. I understand. You take care there, Lu. I love you, too. I can't wait to see you."

Kai went back to his bed and breathes deeply. He was relieved to hear Luhan but at the same time, he can't help but miss the latter even more. I wish you're here with me, Lu.

***

The  EXO-K members woke up early for the Grazia photoshoot. On their way, the rest of the members were all chatting with each other. Meanwhile, two persons sitting on the opposite side of the car, were both gazing outside the window. The first one was a picture of a lover missing his beloved and reminiscing their moments together. Another was a painful sight of solitude and wishful thinking; dwelling in the past memories. Different melodies were playing in their heads. Two different emotions for ONE and the SAME person they love. 

[Kai] I wonder what Luhan is doing right now.

[Sehun] I wonder how he's doing right now. 

[Kai] I miss his voice, his smile, his kiss.

[Sehun] I miss his embrace, his touch, his laughter.

[Kai] I wish I could be there by his side now.

[Sehun]  I wish I could be the one by his side now. 

[Kai] I wish time flies fast.

[Sehun] I wish I could turn back time. 

.......

As the photoshoot started, the members immersed themselves to work. They did their best in every shots. Everyone seems to express a strong desire to attain good results. Whatever that is that bothers them was put aside for them to work effectively. After all, they are living their dreams so every moment should be cherished; every moment deserves their very best.

After the photoshoot, they went back to SM for a few more activities to be done for that day. By 9 in the evening, they were marching back to their dorm, drained and exhausted.

Instead of going directly to his room, Baekhyun flopped on the couch and sighed. "What a day!" D.O let out another sigh as a follow up to Baekhyun's. "True. I'm beat." He sat right next to him on the couch as they let their bodies take in some peace and quiet. Kai, on the other hand, went to Luhan's room to sleep. Before he could go inside, he met Chanyeol in the hallway. 

"Kai-sshi. You sleeping already? I see that you're getting used to sleeping in his room now," Chanyeol said with a subtle hint of teasing as he made his way to his own room.

Kai sighed, "You're right. I'm getting used to it. But I am not used to sleeping here all by myself. I miss him..."

Chanyeol smirked, "Kai. Here's one thing I'll say to you. I think that Luhan-hyung is the kind of person who can balance work and personal things very well. He seems a worrywart but that's because he loves his job. You should understand that it's not going to be all easy-breezy with the two of you."

He patted the dancing machine's shoulder. "Do you want company?" You look sad and maybe, a company will help you. I am actually planning something," Chanyeol casually said as Kai just stood there, waiting for an explanation.

"I was thinking, maybe, I'll write a love song," Chanyeol explained further, "And maybe, you can help me. That is if you're interested. I mean, you're in love so I can get some good ideas from you." He grinned at the dancing machine.

After a moment of thinking, Kai nodded. "I would like to do that, hyung. But... I also want to compose my own song, with your help of course. A song for Luhan."

"Oh. Sure. That would be awesome," Chanyeol answered back, impressed.

Kai smiled as they both went to the living room to start with their compositions.

When I saw your face
It was like a space
In my heart was filled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter