Blinding

Love Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dumbfounded, Luhan drives his feet to move outside.  As he looks down, he sees Sehun looking up at the tree house. The maknae’s grieving face and stare pierced his heart. He immediately climbs down. Kai follows him in a slower pace.

“Be careful, Lu,” the dancing machine reminds Luhan. The deer cannot hear him as he is subdued by fear and guilt.

“Sehunnah…”

Sehun moves forward to where Luhan is. He pulls him by grabbing his nape, gently, but his touch burns Luhan’s skin.

“Hyung…”

He conceals his face on Luhan’s shoulder. The older male  can't do anything but stand still. He is afraid to move. It’s as if Sehun’s embrace that was his refuge a week ago turns into a deadly void. Unlike Kai’s evident heartbeat, Luhan can’t feel anything even though their chests are close in together.

Kai quickly removes Luhan from the embrace.

Unexpectedly, Sehun just remains standing and looking down; no signs of attacking. It makes Kai fall into deep thoughts in the middle of the upheaval. Luhan asks him to let go of his hand as he reaches out for Sehun. The dancing machine did not oblige. He is shaking his head. There is a deafening silence in the woods. The sun is setting quickly. It's getting darker as every second.

“Sehunnah, why won’t you speak?” Luhan almost plead.

Sehun finally lifts up his head and looks at Luhan with his expressionless eyes. Kai catches the cold stare next.

“Are you satisfied now, hyung?” he asks Luhan not really expecting a reply. It’s more like a shrewd attempt to attack Luhan’s conscience which is becoming effective. The older male rather hear Sehun screaming and cursing at him for what he has done. He would rather take a punch from him for hurting his feelings. But the surrounding is far from screaming and cursing. His conscience is creeping excruciatingly.

When the maknae realized this, he turns his back and walks away.

Few steps ahead then he pauses.

Without looking back, he spills, passively. “Let’s go back now. Everyone is searching for the both of you.”

“No,” Luhan blurts out. “You talk to us, Sehunnah.”

The maknae snorts and a smirk follows. “Us? Now it’s US, huh?” Despite the obvious fury as he speaks, his body language doesn’t change.

Luhan falls silent. It is hard for him to breathe. Kai walks up to him and puts his arms across the devastated deer to assure him that he’ll stand by him no matter what.

“I never thought you’d fall that easily, hyung.”Sehun finally departs, leaving the two behind.

 

****

As they walk back to the camp site, Kai keeps on glancing on Luhan who just looks down, troubled. The maknae directly went inside one of the tents that are in line with the others as they arrive.

 

Chen greets them. “Hey, you’re late. Where are—the—branches-that-we--n--hey—what?–wait!---Kai!”              

“Here you go, hyung. Sorry. We’ll have to rest now. Luhan-hyung is not feeling good,” Kai replies as he drops the [very few] tree branches on the ground.”That’s all we got. I’m sorry.”

Chen follows Kai’s movement as he lets Luhan go inside the tent. He then follows.

D.O and Baekhyun who are grilling pork at the side look at each other.

Manager-hyung and the rest of the EXO crew [staff who followed to the camp site along with Sehun] are arranging the tables and chairs for their dinner; unaware of the sighs and the heads shaking behind them.

The dinner is good especially the pork grilled by D.O (*coughs EXO showtime *coughs). Everyone is busy having conversation with each other. Luhan and Kai sit together while Sehun decided to stay inside the tent; declining the offer to eat.

“You should eat, Lu.” Kai urges Luhan to take a bite of D.O’s infamous pork. Luhan refused and excuses himself. He goes to find the only restroom in the vicinity. It’s quite far from where the tents are located.

He sighs as he closes the door. He just stands inside the cubicle, thinking. The thought of Sehun’s distraught face is killing him. He feels like a betrayer, a liar, a hypocrit. He feels selfish but at the same time, he realized something. Kai. His feelings for the dancing machine are becoming overbearing. Every time he’s with him, he can feel a sense of normality; like how a common person falls in love and spends time with his lover.

His thoughts are interrupted by a gentle tap on the door. As he opens the it, someone rushed in; making the deer loses his balance. He is caught by Sehun who immediately helped him stand.

“Sehunnah!”

“I’m sorry for barging in. I can’t help it. I can’t stand not talking to you, Hannie.” The maknae hugs him as he pressed him on the door.

Surprised, Luhan gasps for air and freezes at the moment. The hug is intoxicating and Luhan feels like being crushed into thin pieces.

“Se-Sehunnah..I..I can’t breathe…”he struggles to finish his sentence.

Upon hearing this, the maknae punches the door. It’s so close to Luhan’s face that the blow rings through his ear. The older male didn’t expect him to be so strong.

“Why can he kiss your lips while I can’t even have a decent hug from you?”Sehun utters with pained voice.

“Sehun!” Luhan finally blurts out, pushing him aside. “Calm down! Are you trying to kill me?!”

The maknae, though furious, looks away, leaving Luhan stunned.

“You are unfair.”

Luhan breathes heavily.

“Are you in love with Kai?”

……………….

………………

“What are you two doing at the tree house?”

……………..

...................

“Why does it have to be him?” he looks at Luhan, teary-eyed. Although Sehun’s face says that he’s about to cry, it also give off a deadly impression. Where did that sense of safety go when Sehun embraces him? As Sehun draws closer to Luhan, he feels uneasy. It’s like having butterflies in his stomach and hurricanes inside his head. Is this my conscience messing with my emotions?

He trembles when Sehun softly brushes his finger across his lips, staring at him with lustful eyes. He’s getting out of hand. His head is filled with carnal desires.

                                        I want to be free from desolation and despair

                                      And I feel like everything I sow, is being swept away

                                        I refuse to let you go … [Map of Problematique]

Despite all his mixed-emotions, Luhan decides to comfort Sehun by patting his shoulder. He urges himself to give a sincere smile to the maknae.

 

Wrong move.

 

He got pinned against the wall in a blink of an eye. It hurts his head. Sehun’s getting rowdy and it makes Luhan pants in fear and shock. He never did that before. Before he could even retaliate, Sehun is already smothering his lips.

[Sehun’s POV]

(cues Hysteria by Muse)

Do you feel it, Luhan? Can you feel me? I have wanted this for so long. I restrained myself, not wanting to hurt you. Yet all I want to do is let go and have my own way on you.

Kai is right. I desire you, all of you. And I have been fooling myself, believing that I am your hero in this sickening love story.

But the twist i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter