Of Hearts and Minds

Love Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re getting ahead of yourself, Kim Jongin. I am not jealous.”

Luhan is walking briskly through the hallway, trying to reach his hotel room as soon as possible. Kai follows him, keeping up with the deer’s pace.

“Come on. I was just joking back there,” he explains and catches up with Luhan. “Why are you bothered about it? You don’t have to be embarrass about it.”

“Kai,--“

“Shshshh… come on. Let’s go inside my room.” Kai grabs Luhan as quickly as he could and soon enough, they enter the room. On the bed, Lay is about to tuck inside the blanket to sleep. He found Kai with Luhan at the door, confused.

“Ah. Jongin. We are sharing this room,” Lay states casually.

Ah. I forgot. We always share hotel rooms.

My timing really .

Curious why the two aren’t moving from their spot [not to mention that Kai is holding Luhan's hands], Lay sits up and inquires. “What is it?”

Kai releases Luhan from his grip and walks towards Lay. “Lay-hyung, can you please exchange rooms with Luhan-hyung? We are going to practice tonight for the performance tomorrow.”

Oblivious, Lay agrees immediately. Until now, this unicorn has no idea [or maybe, he does?] what’s happening between the two. “Fine, fine. As long as you carry my luggage to Luhan’s room.”

Kai nods. “I will. You can go ahead. I’ll follow.”

The dancing machine watches as Lay jumps out of bed and moves towards the door.

At the door, something's missing.

No. Someone's missing.

Luhan isn’t there anymore.

Oh crap!

Kai’s face darkens as Lay closes the door. He cannot believe Luhan left just like that.

Alright. You win, Lu. You win.

He scratches his head in disappointment.

 

“What are you sulking there?”

 

Kai almost jumps out of shock.  As he looks back, Luhan is sitting on the couch, scanning his phone.

He’s here. He’s really here! He did stay.

The young man is pleased that he instantly runs towards Luhan and hugs him like a child longing to be loved. “I thought you left.”

 He deliberately gulps when the younger man lays him down, gently.

“I’m so happy,” Kai almost tears up; his voice is cracking as he speaks. He buries his head on Luhan's chest.

“You’re getting so emotional. Come on, let me sit.”

“Nope. Let’s stay like this for a bit longer.”

Luhan did not even bother to retort as Kai hugs him firmly. He’s anxious. He feels so conscious thinking about their bodies touching each other. He can feel him, his chest, his hips, everything. Desperate to calm himself, he breathes deeply. His eyes are misted with passion.

"You smell good, Lu." Kai murmurs with husky breathlesness.

"Kai!"

Luhan pushes Kai away but it didn't bother the other. He went back to embrace him again.

“Do you love me, Lu?”

His jaw drops. Those words explode like a bomb in Luhan’s head. His eyes open wide as he looks wildly above. His body stiffs instantly; becoming tenser.

 

Those words.  It took my breath away. I can’t even move now. I thought I stopped breathing; thought I drifted away. The only thing I can hear is his heartbeat. The only thing I can see is the ceiling and its slowly turning pitch black.

I can’t let this moment get into me.

I shouldn’t.

“For once, stop thinking about others and understand your feelings.”

Kai’s words echoes in my ears.

I gasp for air.

He lifts his head up to see my blushing face. He’s waiting for my answer. He has all the chances to kiss me, but he doesn’t move. He is waiting for me. I can’t… I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what to do.

 

Confused and pressured to give an answer, Luhan reaches out and kisses Kai instead. His hands are trembling as he holds the younger male’s face.  Kai's nearness caused him to react impulsively. Meanwhile, the other shudders with his longing. 

[purple- Luhan’s POV; blue-Kai’s POV]

Geez! What am I doing? 

He's kissing me. I can feel him; hips lips. His lips that I crave for the longest time is pressed against mine; and this time, he's the one doing it. Oh God... I'm starting to lose control.

I am kissing him. I am kissing a man! I am kissing Kai....

Oh Lu. Don't you stop. 

I have to pull myself together. Stop, Luhan. Move now---Oh no! He's going deeper.

Hmhmhm... So sweet. Oh Luhan.... I..I want you....

His toungue... I can feel his tongue... uhhnnnnn no no no nnnoooo His hand! He is pinching my thigh! It stings!  

A few more wet kisses and Kai's starting to feel it. When he is about to take off Luhan's shirt, a consecutive knock ruined their moment. 

S---!

F--- it! 

Luhan jumps out of the couch, pushing Kai away quickly. 

The door opens and Manager-hyung comes in. He finds Luhan and Kai, panting, on the couch. 

"You two? Are you alrigh---"

"Yeah yeah. We're fine. We just finished practicing," Kai explains immediately.

"For tomorrow? Speaking of that, it's cancelled. We won't perform tomorrow at 6DC. We'll continue with the MV shoot for your cover of "I could not ask for more.". The two of you, together with D.O, Baekhyun, Chen and Lay will come with me. We'll go to the camping site tomorrow. You better prepare now because we are leaving early. We'll sleep there so make sure you bring all the things you need. Understood?"

Both Kai and Luhan nod.

Before he departs. Manager-hyung looks back at them, "Lay told me that Luhan will stay here because you need to practice but due to the cancellation, you will stay with D.O and Baekhyun to have your voice lesson, Luhan."

Luhan nods promptly. "Yes. I shall go there now."

The manager leaves ahead while Luhan follows behind. He glances at Kai who is staring back at him, upset, as he closes the door.

[Text Message: Kai]

Lu?

[Luhan] What?

[Kai] You mad?

[Luhan] No.

[Kai] You mean, you're okay with the kiss? :)

[Luhan] ....

[Kai] Lu?

[Luhan] I am not mad. I was the one who kissed you. It's my fault. I'm sorry.

[Kai] Hey don't say that. I loved it. You don't know how happy I am right now thinking about it, though its frustrating that Manager-hyung has to ruin it for us.

[Luhan] .....

[Kai] I know you're being shy there. Are you blusing?

[Luhan] I am. Satisfied [with my answer]?

Kai gulps. He never felt this excited before.

 

Damn! My heart. It'll explode!

And yes, something else might explode, too. 

 

[Kai] No. I am far from being satisfied. I want to be with you right now.

[Luhan] I know what you're thinking. 

[Kai]  We're both thinking of the same thing. ^_~

[Luhan] =.=

[Kai]  I just want you to know that I am still waiting for your answer. I hope to hear it soon, Lu.  

I LOVE YOU. :)

Luhan did not reply. He is sitting on the bed, while D.O and Baekhyun warm up their voices.

"Hyung," D.O approaches him. "You feeling okay? Your face is turning red."

Luhan looks away. "I am fine."

D.O and Baekhyun look at each other.

They seem like they're having a conversation just looking at each other's eyes.

[green-Baekhyun POV]

Do you think it's Jongin?

D.O nods.

Are you sure?

D.O nods.

Wait, do you even understand what I mean?

D.O nods.

"Yah! Do you even understand what I'm tryi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter