Chapter 8: Everland 1

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

The morning sun shone brightly into my room and I woke up from the blinding beam. 

 
Today was the day for our Everland trip but I wasn't too excited about it as I was too sleepy because Mark and I returned to the dorm late last night.
 
Jimin and Yerin both kept coming into my room to pester me as I kept falling back to sleep each time. 
 
"Hurry up unnie! GOT7 is already waiting for us downstairs!", Yerin yelled into my ears.
 
Upon hearing that, I felt bad and I dragged myself out of the bed unwillingly. 
 
-
-
-
 
Soon, we were all lining up to board the bus and we looked like primary school kids who were going on an excursion. 
 
I didn't even take the time to greet anyone and I just quickly plonked onto a seat close to the entrance of the bus.
 
I yawned and closed my eyes as I leaned against the window and continued to enter my dreamland.
 
I felt someone taking the seat beside me and the person placed something on my head. 
 
I squinted my eye and realized that it was Jackson. He wasn't wearing a cap today. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, you look really ugly like this, so it's better that you cover it up", he smirked at me.
 
His cap was on top of my head. I was too lazy to argue with him that I continued to ignore his presence.
 
Drifting off to sleep, I could hear bits and pieces of the noises they were making. 
 
"Mark hyung, she's really ugly right? Hahahaha. Quick, snap picture of us now!", Jackson's laughter continued thundering across the bus.
 
-
-
-
 
"Wendy-ssi, wake up now! We have reached!", Jackson shook my body non stop and it got me a little dizzy. 
 
I looked out of the window and was amazed at how beautiful this place actually looked. It should have been called 'Wonderland' rather than Everland. 
 
I almost tripped as I made my way down the steps of the bus. 
 
"Hey, be careful there!", Mark oppa caught my arm just in time. 
 
"Thanks", I mumbled softly. 
 
Since it was a weekday, there wasn't much people there. If there were, they were mainly tourists. This was a rather good news for us as this would mean shorter queue and less people would recognize us. We wouldn't want a crowd tagging along with us when it was supposedly our off day. 
 
All of us started talking pictures along the way. 
 
I posed with Jimin and Yerin at the Rose Garden as the place was really romantic and a wonder. It made a perfect background for our picture! 
 
Bambam and Jackson then tried to play a fool by trying to photobomb us, while the rest were just chatting among themselves. 
 
"Woah!", I suddenly screamed when I noticed a really scary and tall rollercoaster ride some distance away. 
 
"Oh, that's T-Express! It's one of the best rides here! You wanna try it?", Mark noticed my expression and asked.
 
I nodded excitedly.
 
Before proceeding, everyone started forming their partners.
 
Bambam and Jackson
JB and JR
Youngjae and Yugyeom
Yerin and Jimin
 
They were all partnered up in a flash, therefore leaving with Mark and I. 
 
"So I guess I'm partnering with you~", Mark walked towards me and said.
 
"Yeah I guess so oppa", I replied with a wide smile.
 
I wasn't shy anymore together with Mark now ever since our conversation the day before.
 
"Come on, let's go!", I chirped. 
 
-
-
-
 
"Ahhhhhh!!!!! THIS IS SO DAMN FREAKING EXCITING!!!!", I shouted at the top of my lungs as the rollercoaster peaked and is now diving down again. 
 
The rest were also shouting and screaming at the same time but I noticed that Mark, who was sitting beside me was rather quiet from the start of the ride.
 
His eyes were shut tightly and he seemed very stiff in his seat. 
 
Oh no. Don't tell me that he's afraid of heights.
 
"OPPA! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?", I shouted loud enough for him to hear. 
 
The moment I shouted, the ride went down again and he suddenly grabbed hold of my hand. He looked like he's suffering a lot. 
 
"OPPA!!! YOU NEED TO SCREAM AND SHOUT IT OUT LOUD TO OVERCOME THE G-FORCE! DONT KEEP IT IN TO YOURSELF!!!!", I tightened my grip on his hand to reassure him. 
 
He opened his eyes slightly and looked at me.
 
I gave him a nod and we lifted our hands in the air and screamed together. 
 
See, he's doing well now. 
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV
 
I thought that I was going to die. I was already running out of breath as my heart was feeling heavy.
 
I really shouldn't have try this. I was afraid that Wendy might not have a partner for the ride but it seems like I have overestimated myself.
 
I could hear Wendy already shouting at me.
 
I was so frightened that I grabbed onto her hand unknowingly. 
 
"OPPA!!! YOU NEED TO SCREAM AND SHOUT IT OUT LOUD TO OVERCOME THE G-FORCE! DONT KEEP IT IN TO YOURSELF!!!!", she shouted. 
 
Upon hearing that, I opened my eyes slightly and looked at her.
 
Can I trust her? 
 
Her grip on my hand tightened and I got my answer. 
 
"AHHHHHHH!!!!!", we then screamed together as we placed our hands up in the air. 
 
I can't believe it. It really worked and I was starting to enjoy it. 
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
Soon, the ride came to a stop and we
headed on to our next stop, the Safari World. 
 
While walking, I will look at Mark occasionally to double check that he's alright because he was really freaked out by the ride before. 
 
"What are you looking at?", he finally noticed it and asked me.
 
"Nah, nothing", I started laughingly. 
 
He suddenly grabbed me by my neck and whispered something into my ear.
 
"Yah, you better not tell anyone about what happened earlier on alright? Or else...", he did the action of slaughtering his head. 
 
Hahahaha. This is so hilarious! I made a face at him and ran off to hide behind JB and JR when he started chasing after me after which. 
 
Safari world was just way too cool. We got to sit on a truck and the truck could move both on land and in water. 
 
"Wendy-ssi! That one over there look like you!", Jackson nudged me and I turned to the direction that he was pointing. 
 
WHAT THE ....
 
He was pointing at a pig.
 
"IT MATCHES YOU TOTALLY! Ugly and loves to sleep!", he was laughing so hard that he soon claimed that his stomach was hurting. 
 
Both JR and JB then hit him on his head and scolded him on how rude it was to make fun of me like that. 
 
However, what came up next made me smirk. 
 
"Hyung, look", I turned Jackson's head towards the side, making him face that animal. 
 
He was then greeted by a slimy and warm sensation. 
 
Ewwww!!! The giraffe just him! 
 
"EW EW EWWWWW!!!", he screamed and started wiping his face frantically. 
 
Everyone on the truck applauded and laughed hysterically at his unfortunate encounter. 
 
Feeling bad, I offered my tissue and even started helping him to wipe it off. 
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV
 
Although I was laughing at Jackson too initially, my laughter died down when I saw Wendy taking out her tissue and helped to wipe Jackson's face. 
 
I don't know why, but I felt a tingling sensation to my heart and my face began to turn hot. 
 
-
-
-
 
At the other part of Everland...
 
"Hyungnim, so we are supposed to be in these mascot suits later to gather the crowd by 5pm for our special stage appearance?", one of the guys asked his manager. 
 
"Yes, and don't forget, we are also going to invite one lucky fan on stage to interact with you guys! So keep a lookout for such a person!", the manager replied. 
 
Well, this is going to be interesting. 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note: 
 
Hope that you guys enjoyed the chapter. Please feel free to leave me comments to let me know how is my story going! Thank you! For those who prefer Wattpad, you can also go there and read my story. Just search under my username: onedaye_ and you will find it! I will tend to update faster on Wattpad as its more user friendly which I can just do it on the app. (:
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: