Chapter 23: Party and confessions

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

The sky was turning dark now and it's time for me to head back.

 
I had spent my day doing some window shopping around Dongdaemun, although most of the time, patronizing the food stalls. I got myself a lot of food to serve as a small party for myself and was easily pleased just by doing so. 
 
I was still munching onto my fish cake as I took the elevator up to the dorm. No one else had called or wished me after Jin and my family did. I sighed as it's a pity that my birthday is just going to end like this in another two hours time. 
 
Yea yea, you are just a mediator, Wendy. Stop expecting too much from people, I said to myself. 
 
I turned the doorknob and let myself in. The dorm was pitch dark and there was silence.
 
Looks like Jimin and Yerin were either sleeping already or still not yet back from their busy schedule.
 
Gently closing the door behind me in case they were sleeping, I tiptoed my way back into my room. 
 
Just as I entered, the lights and I was taken aback by the sight. 
 
15&, GOT7 and BTS members were all gathered in my room and at one corner, I even noticed Suzy being crushed by the boys.
 
"What are you guys all doing here?", I gave them an astonished look. 
 
Bambam pointed up at the ceiling and winked at me. 
 
There was a banner up there and it read, 
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDY! <3 
 
And they started to sing, 
 



 
 
Omo. They knew! They remembered that today's my birthday! 
 
I covered my mouth in amazement and tears started flowing down naturally. I was so touched by them.
 
One by one, they came to wish and hug me. 
 
"Aish! Wendy-ssi! We were so worried that you would not turn up before 12!", Jackson hit my head as he said. 
 
"Yeah, before that we were actually worried that you might come home early before we could finish up with the decorations", Jr added.
 
"But luckily you came back just in time noona! Happy birthday and do you like what we have planned for you?", Jungkook leaned his face towards me and asked, only to be pushed aside by Jin.
 
"Hey", he smiled at me.
 
"Hi."
 
"Happy birthday, again", he scratched the back of his head and said.
 
"Gomawo oppa. I think you didn't hear me say that when you hung up on me earlier on...", I gave him a pout.
 
"Oh that. Ahem, anyway... Aigoo~~~~ My Wendy-ssi is still as cute as before~~~", he pinched my cheeks and I quickly responded by hitting his arms.
 
"YAH OPPA! A-PEUN DA!"
 
I was glad that our close relationship went back like before just within a few seconds. 
 
Next, Suzy walked towards me and wished me too.
 
"I represent the other Miss A members in wishing you as well. Fighting on your trainings and I'm sure that you will debut soon", she said sincerely. 
 
Awwww... She's being so sweet. Even though I clearly know that Min, Fei and Jia wouldn't have sent her to wish me, I'm still touched by her thoughtfulness. 
 
Jimin and Yerin soon joined Suzy and I for selcas and we took a lot of photos together, causing the boys to be jealous.
 
"Hey! We wanna take pictures with the birthday girl too! If you guys are done, please move aside", Jackson then started chasing the girls away while BTS and GOT7 members all squeezed in for the photo with me.
 
"Hana, dul, set, KIMCHI!", we all cheered. 
 
The photo came out well and it was only then that I realized his presence. 
 
Mark Tuan?
 
Since when was he here?!
 
I turned around looking for him instantaneously and he was just standing at one corner, giving me a silly grin. 
 
"Oppa! Aren't you suppose to be at the hospital?", I stared at him, bewildered. 
 
"Special fan service once again!", he waved a parcel at me. 
 
O?
 
Did he just referred me as his special fan again? 
 
I tilted my head and eyed him suspiciously. 
 
As if reading my mind, he then said,
 
"Yes, you are my still my special fan unless you really meant what you said before..."
 
I waved both of my arms frantically.
 
"Ani-eyo, oppa! I take back my words!"
 
He chuckled at my reaction.
 
"I'm sorry about before too. I didn't mean to say those harsh words to you as well...", he paused. 
 
"Anyway, since today is your special day, and also as a special idol to you, I have specially prepared this for you! Jang!"
 
A self decorated cake appeared in front of eyes and I realized that it was from the same shop that I visited this afternoon.
 
"WOAH! This cake must be made with so much love~~!", J-hope said and came closer to have a better look at it.
 
Indeed, there were a lot of small little heart-shaped cookies on it and Yugyeom's comment made me blush even further.
 
"Oooo Mark hyung is being so cheesy... I didn't even get one of that on my birthday! Noona, I think you are really a special someone to him. I'm jealous!"
 
I smacked his head playfully and I looked at Mark with thankful eyes.
 
"Thank you so much oppa", I said gratefully before my eyes wandered off to something else. 
 
Something was just not quite right about Mark, physically. 
 
He was still holding on to the cake and the rest were now waiting for me to blow onto the candles. 
 
Wait. 
 
Now I realized.
 
"Oppa! Your arm?", I pointed to his left arm which do not have any cast and sling on it now and everybody turned to look at him. 
 
He pursed his lips and returned us with a guilty look. 
 
"OPPA!!!"
"HYUNG!!!"
"MARK!!!"
 
Everyone chorused. 
 
-
-
-
 
"I can't believe that I was actually fooled by you all this long. Tell me honestly, when did your arm recover?", I found the time to interrogate him while the others were having fun by themselves. 
 
He shifted uncomfortable in his seat and avoided eye contact with me.
 
"Errr... You wouldn't want to know..."
 
"Malhaebwa."
 
He then told me everything skeptically. 
 
"WHAT? Oh my god! How could have I have not known? OPPA! You are really mean! If I didn't expose you just then, would you still continue lying to me?"
 
"Why wouldn't I? Who doesn't want a free servant?", he smirked and laughed straight in my face. 
 
"OPPA!", I pinched his thigh, causing him to yelp in pain. 
 
"Okay okay! Enough talk about this. I have got something else for you", he got a small box out from his pocket and placed it on my palm.
 
"What's this?"
 
"Don't open it right now. Do it when you alone or probably when you are just about to sleep."
 
"Wae?", I gave him a curious look and snickered. 
 
He even became a little flustered when I pretended that I was going up open up his present right now.
 
"An-dwae! Just listen to me this once!"
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV 
 
"An-dwae! Just listen to me this once!", I said quickly when I noticed that she was already trying to open up the box.
 
She may not know what's waiting for her inside but it matters a lot to me. It may make a huge impact on my future relationship with her and it took me a lot of courage to think well about it and to finally give it a try. 
 
It will be a win or lose situation for me.
 
"Okay...", she replied, sounding a little doubtful of my words.
 
"WENDY-SSI! COME HERE NOW! THE TWO AJUMMMAS ARE ASKING FOR YOU!", Jackson then yelled for her and she got up and whispered a soft 'Thank you!" to me before running over to him.
 
Wendy-ssi, I truly hope that we will end up with the same answer.
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
"O. Unnie! Youngji!", I screamed excitably when I saw their faces. They had used Jackson's phone to videocall me. 
 
"SAENG IL CHUKHA HAMNIDA!", Guk Joo unnie and Youngji did a goofy dance while wishing me.
 
"YAH YAH YAH! In case you don't know, there are others watching you too! So behave yourselves and stop embarrassing me! I don't want to let people know that you guys are actually part of my family!", Jackson warned them. 
 
I shut Jackson up and ordered him to move one aside as I took over his phone. 
 
"Thank you very much!", I bowed at them. I was really happy that we still managed to keep in touch after appearing for just one episode in Roommate. 
 
"Anyway, check out this present we have got for you! JANG!", Guk Joo unnie said as she flashed a card at me.
 
I brought the screen closer to my face. 
 
'SBS would like to invite Wendy Loh, along with Lee Guk Joo and Heo Youngji as special guests to SBS Entertainment Awards 2014', it read.
 
"UNNIE!!!", I squealed in delight. 
 
"NE! We will be there to perform and you will get to see more stars then! It will be an eye opener for you! And we will drop by JYPE tomorrow to start our practices with you!"
 
Finally, I will get to meet the Runningman members!!! 
 
"Oh my god! That's great news! I will see you guys tomorrow then! And again, thank you for your wishes!", I waved goodbye to Youngji and unnie and we soon ended the call.
 
"Wow! How lucky are you noona! I didn't even get to see Jae Suk hyung before!", Bambam pulled a face at me.
 
"And my Kwangsoo oppa too...", Jimin sulked over my luck as well. 
 
"Well well, you guys will get your chance sooner or later", I encouraged them. 
 
Everyone then went back to their own businesses soon, and I was pulled over by Jin this time. 
 
He led me to the balcony and closed the door behind him.
 
"Oppa, why are you being so secretive?", I giggled at his actions. 
 
"Pass me your phone."
 
"O?" I was stunned at first but I did so. 
 
He removed the clownfish key chain from my phone and replaced it with his doryfish instead. 
 
"Oppa, what are you doing? Why did you switch it? You don't like the Dory I gave you?"
 
He shook his head. 
 
"No Wendy-ssi. I have been thinking a lot recently. About what you said and all. You said that I was your Dory who have always been by your side but in real life, I realized that I wasn't. After that incident, I couldn't even do anything to help you other than denying our rumor. More to more, I felt bad about it. I felt bad about lying to myself and to you. So today, I have decided to exchange the keychain with you", he said solemnly.
 
"Oppa, I don't get it..." I didn't quite understand what he was trying to say. 
 
He bent down and leaned his face closer to mine. 
 
"Because Dory should always be by Nemo's side. And that Dory wants Nemo to always be by his side as well." 
 
With that being said, he leaned in and kissed me on the lips.   
 
"WHAT ARE ALL OF YOU DOING HERE?", it was then a voice which caused me to snap back into reality. I pulled away from the kiss and opened the door, only to find Jinyoung hyung entering our dorm with a cake now.
 
It ended up that hyung was also here to wish me and he didn't expect that everyone would be here too at this late hour. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, this is for you! And thank you so much for your help lately! Hope that you have got the most memorable birthday ever!", Jinyoung hyung whispered into my ears when the others were not paying attention.
 
He stayed on for a while and after he left, the others also started realizing that it was getting late and it was time  for them to get back as well. 
 
I stood by the door to bid farewell to everyone when Jin stopped to hand me a small box.
 
"Wear it if you accept me", he said before leaving.
 
Besides that, Mark also paused in the tracks just when he was about to step out.
 
"Remember, open that when you are alone or later when you are about to sleep! I will wait for your answer."
 
Why are my two oppas behaving like this today? 
 
-
-
-
 
I am now lying on my bed, deep in thoughts. My hand was feeling for my lips as I recalled the kiss which Jin and I had shared just now. 
 
Why exactly did he do that? 
 
As my mind was searching for answers, I remembered what Mark had been constantly reminding me of too. 
 
I retrieved the box from the table and opened up the present that he had given me. It revealed a beautiful bracelet with a mini heart-shaped lock and a key attached to its sides and there were letters engraved on them too. A letter 'M' on the heart and 'W' on the key. 
 
On top of that, a small little note was attached to it. I squinted my eyes and read it. 
 
Will you be my girlfriend? 
 
I widened my eyes at those words. 
 
Is Mark trying to confess to me?!
 
At the same time, I began unwrapping Jin's present.
 
It revealed the same exact bracelet except that it had the letters "J" and "W" being engraved respectively instead. 
 
And I clearly remembered those words of his before he left.
 
"Wear it if you accept me."
 
Are both of them confessing their love for me now? 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note: 
 
Finally, this part came! Who should Wendy pick? Mark or Jin? Or none? (:
 
Anyway, I see myself coming to an end for the story soon. Since Wendy was just supposed to stay at JYPE for only two months, I guess there's limited things for her to do there as well. So, I think that the story will most probably end at about chapter 30. Thanks to all who have come this far with me. I really didn't expect myself to be able to update almost everyday so that's why the story is ending so fast although I kinda just started hahaha. 
 
Please give me your honest opinions
and I will be really glad to hear from you guys! Don't forget to help me vote too if you like my story! 
 
Thank you so much for the support once again! :D
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: