Chapter 19: 'Cos we all care

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

Mark and I have not talked at all ever since the day I left him at the cafe and went out with Jin. It was more like he was trying to avoid me for the past few days. 

This time again, GOT7 was approaching me from the front and all Mark did was to take a glance at me before looking away quickly and walking past me. 

"NOONA!", Bambam, Yugyeom and Youngjae got so delighted when they saw me that they all came to hug me. 
I have gotten closer with them, now that I spend most of my time crashing their practice sessions and hanging around with them during the breaks. JB and Jr also waved at me before they passed by. 

I was still staring at Mark's back, who was leading the way when Jackson came in last.

"What's up piggy? Still slacking today?"

Before he walked off, I held onto his arm and dragged him to my side. 

"What's wrong with Mark oppa these days? How come he's like ignoring me?", I asked.

"How would I know? Maybe he's just having PMS!"

"Guys don't have PMS...", I replied him sternly. 

"Oh wait! I remembered! Chahm-si-mahn-yo, it doesn't make any sense though... I only told him that.", Jackson scratched his head.

"Told him what?"

"That day when you told Mark hyung that you were supposed to have training, I told him that you were actually free and he was the only one who didn't take it lightly. But you did text me in the morning telling me that right?"

"YOU WHAT?"

Omg, Jackson Wang. No wonder. Mark must be really mad at me now.

I then gave Jackson a sarcastic look.

"Thanks Jackson... Thanks a lot..."

-
-
-

As I was walking back to my dorm while thinking of how to explain myself to Mark later on, I met Jinyoung hyung along the way. 

"Hyung.", I greeted him.

"Ah Wendy-ssi! I was actually looking for you. Can I speak with you for a moment?"

I let him enter our dorm and since 15& is off for their schedules, it would be safe for us to talk here. I went to the kitchen to pour him a glass of water before settling down in front of him. 

"I will cut straight to the point then." 

He handed me an envelope. 

I wonder why was he behaving in such a mysterious manner but I soon realized it once I opened the envelope and studied the contents inside it.

O. Those were pictures of Jin and I when we were hanging around at the Coex Aquarium. And one of it even shows the time when Jin had his arms around my waist. 

I looked at Jinyoung hyung, totally clueless about the entire thing. 

He cleared his throat, before he starts talking. 

"Wendy-ssi. Sorry for making you experience such a thing at this early stage already. Don't worry, I'm not here to scold or warn you. I'm just here to advise you."

Advise me? Ahhh, just go ahead and shoot me already hyung, I almost cried out. 

"Look, Wendy-ssi. I don't have to worry about your reputation in the company, 'cos you are not even a real trainee in the first place, but I worry about you, as my dongsaeng, as the one I brought over for help, as the one whom your mum specifically told me to take good care of. I have to watch over you, the same way as what I'm doing for my artists. So, I'm asking you this question. Are you and Jin dating?", he looked right into my eyes. 

"No", I answered him straight.

"Ok, good. I will let the media know about it", he said and then stood up, already preparing to leave. 

"Hyung!", that's when I called out to him.

"Aren't you mad at me?"

He stopped in his tracks and turned back to look at me.

"For what Wendy-ssi?"

"For causing this scandal and having to trouble you...", I bit into my lips as the sentence came out from my mouth. 

He gave a light smile and placed his hands on my shoulder. 

"Wendy-ssi. Why should I be mad at you? This is your own privacy and I have no right to take control over you. Like I said, I can only advise you. Probably, just for the time being, stay away from Jin. You wouldn't want him to get into further trouble with his company and the media right?"

Right. Jin. How come I have never thought about him?

"And if more things start surfacing for the next few days, just ignore it. I will settle it", Jinyoung hyung told me before he left the dorm. 

-
-
-

Indeed, more things came up within the next few days. Our scandal was now all over the papers as well as various social platforms. Pictures showing our close proximity back at Everland and Roommate were also dug up and the media created all sorts of stories out of it. 

Some sasaeng fans even found me on Instagram and started thrashing me. 

Btsjinlover: stay away from our oppa! You are just a trainee and you will bring our oppa down! 

Jinbtsrocks: before that was Lee Guk Joo and now you! WTH. >:( 

Although there were negative comments, there were also some who were supportive of us. 

Xoxobts: don't worry Wendy unnie! This kind of things always happen in the entertainment industry! Anyway, it would be great for us to hear that you and Jin oppa are really a couple! <3

Jin<3: yeah, love you guys from Roommate! I knew that there must have been a special bond between you two! <3 

I sighed at all the comments. I really wanted to reply all of them but I can't. I'm afraid that I might say the wrong things and ruin things further. This is really tiring. Staring back at my phone, I decided to set my Instagram to private to run away from all these woes.

Recently, I even received messages from my friends asking me about it now that the latest episode of Roommate was broadcasted and the news about the scandal was spreading so fast. 

From: Jennis

WENDY! ARE YOU SERIOUS? TELL ME WHAT I HAVE SEEN ON TV AND INTERNET ARE NOT TRUE?! 

From: Rachel

Wendy! Are you okay? Since when you went to Korea and JYPE??? Spill me the details! 

I scrolled down to the last message and it was from Jin. 

From: Jin oppa

Call me when you are ready to talk. And don't worry, my company will deny the rumor. We will settle it.

Aish. I closed my eyes and laid back onto my bed. Why is everybody telling me not to worry and that they will help me settle everything when I can't do anything to help at all? I felt so useless. 

"ARGH!", I yelled and threw my pillow on the floor.

There was then a soft creak from the door that I opened my eyes and looked over. 

Jimin and Yerin were smiling weakly at me from behind the door. 

"Come on in", I said to them. 

They let themselves in and sat next to me on the bed. 

"Are you okay unnie?", Jimin looked at me, sounding rather concerned. 

I shook my head sadly. I didn't expect myself to get into trouble so quickly. There was just one more month left for my stay here. 

I stood up and took a jacket from the shelf. 

"Guys, I think I better head out and get some fresh air."

"Do you need us to accompany you?", Yerin asked worriedly. 

"Thanks, but I think it would be better if I'm left alone now."

After which, I wore my shoes and left the dorm.

Just as I head out, I met Mark along the corridor. I gave him a faint smile and continued my way when he stopped me by my arms. 

"Wendy-ssi, we need to talk."

-
-
-

Again, he brought me to the rooftop. 

This is the first time he spoke to me ever since that day. 

"How are you feeling?", he asked. 

"Since when you cared?", I replied as I looked down on the floor, kicking any stones I could find. I was still feeling a little pissed at how he behaved towards me for the past few days. Although I admit that it was partly my fault, he can't be that sensitive right? He isn't even my boyfriend! 

"WENDY-SSI!", he bellowed. 

"WHAT?!", I forced myself to look at him. 

"I did warn you before right?", he paused and then continued.

"To stay away from him. You see the problem now?"

I remained silent. 

"Initially, it was just minor interactions between you two so that's okay. But I didn't expect you to go so far as to going on a date with him!"

"OPPA!", I yelled back. 

"Wendy-ssi, you see. I tried to keep you as close to me to avoid such rumors but you still insist on doing it your way. Sometimes, I really don't know what's going through in that mind of yours. Are you really that obsessed with idols?"

Now now, he went a little overboard. 

Tears were welling up in my eyes and I balled up my fists. 

Taking in a deep breath, I gave him a crestfallen look.

"Mark Tuan, listen here. From today onwards, you are no longer my special idol and neither am I your special fan. So, I don't care about what you think of me. Please leave now, LEAVE!", I shouted as I pointed to the exit. 

As frustrated as I am, he stomped off right after my words, leaving me standing alone there. 

As the door slammed shut, I collapsed onto the ground and curled up my body. Hot tears were trickling down my cheeks and at that moment, I thought of her.

I dialed her number and the person behind the line picked up after a few beeps.

"Mummy...", I cried.

-
-
-

JB'S POV 

I was watching television at the living room when Mark stomped into the dorm furiously and slammed the door of his room behind him, hard. 

As the team leader, I decided to go in and check on him. 

When I turned the doorknob and entered his room, he had his blanket covering his face and he was lying on his bed. 

"What's wrong Mark hyung?", I was perturbed by his behavior. This was the second time I was witnessing this scene ever since his last breakup with Wendy Wang. 

"Don't bother me JB", he muttered under his blanket. 

I went forward and pulled his blanket away from him. 

"Tell me about it. Don't keep it to yourself."

He thought and frowned. 

"It's Wendy-ssi! She's driving me crazy!"

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"In what way?", I continued asking. 

"Haven't you seen the news? She got into a scandal with Jin!", he glared at me.

"And so?", I shrugged at him. 

"Aren't you angry?"

"And why should I be?", I answered him which left him speechless. 

"Hyung, I think it's time that you sort out your feelings. From what I see, you are being overprotective of Wendy-ssi."

"Overprotective?", he repeated after me.

"Perhaps, you are jealous."

"JEALOUS? Are you kidding me JB?", he looked at me as if I wasn't making any sense.

"Ask that to yourself", I said in a serious tone. 

Before leaving his room, I asked him.

"And where's Wendy-ssi?"

He looked at me with confused eyes and replied.

"I left her alone at the rooftop..."

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV 

My tears were pouring out of my eyes like a fountain as I share my grievance with my mother. She was listening quietly to my sorrows when I heard the door to the rooftop creaked open again.

"Mum, I gotta go now. Someone's up here", I said to her before hanging up.

Wiping my tears dry, I turned back to see who it was. 

"Annyeong Wendy-ssi", JB greeted me as he came forward and sat next to me. 

I looked at him blankly as I had no idea why he turned up here.

"I heard about you and Mark", he began softly. 

Ahhh, my tears almost came out when I heard him but I tried my best to hold it back. It's not good for me to cry in front of them. It just shows that I'm weak. 

I continued looking down on the floor without replying him. 

"He's just trying to protect you, Wendy-ssi. He didn't mean anything else", he spoke again.

"Protect me? I don't see how and why should he do that", I faked a smile at him. 

JB fidgeted about in his position, as if he was wondering about whether to bring up something or not. 

"I think he likes you", he then said.

I rolled my eyes at him. I can't believe that he's actually coming up with this kind of joke right now. 

"JB, please..."

He noticed the look I was giving him and he carried on in another way. 

"Ok, let's put it this way. What if that day when Mark went to Roommate was just to see you and the day when he brought you to meet WendyW was just to clear any misunderstanding you had about him?"

What is he getting at?

"What do you mean?", I asked now, slowly paying attention to what he was trying to say. 

"I'm just trying to say that Mark hyung cares for you, A LOT. I know why he was so mad at you the other time when you lied to him. To be honest, although you are my friend too, I wouldn't have thought so well for you and I didn't become as sensitive as he did. It's just... I haven't seen Mark hyung behaving like this again for so long, ever since the last time he broke up with WendyW. He looked crushed... And the only possible reason to it is that, he probably likes you...", JB explained everything in one shot. 

My heart cringed at what he had just told me. Why am I feeling sorry towards Mark now? Can I trust what JB said?

I stood up and was making my way towards the exit.

"Where are you going?", JB shouted from the back.

"I'm going to find Mark oppa."

-------------------------------------------

Author's note: 

Enough of the happy moments and be prepared for the more emotional parts! It took me the whole night to sort out my storyline again and I really hope that you guys will enjoy it! 

Remember to help me vote and comment if you like it! 

Thanks readers! ^^

<3, 

Wendy (: