Chapter 24: Follow your heart

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

Wi arae wi wi arae

Wi arae wi wi arae

Wi arae wi wi arae up
Wi arae wi wi arae
Wi arae wi wi arae
Wi arae wi wi arae
 
The three of us collapsed onto the ground after we completed the Nth time of practice over EXID's 'Up & Down'. It had became a hit recently so we decided to use this song for our performance. 
 
"DAEBAK. This is the best workout I've ever had", Guk Joo unnie said as she wiped the sweat off her forehead. 
 
Grabbing some drinks from the other side of the room for them, my legs almost went wobbly as I trudged back. 
 
Youngji was the only one who could still make it for another round but she's a dancer and singer herself so she must have been used to this sort of vigorous trainings. 
 
"Wendy, you need to get used to it too. I didn't expect you to be so weak since you are a trainee yourself. I heard that JYPE's trainings are quite strict", Youngji made a face at me.
 
HA. She didn't exactly know that the last time I actually 'trained' was just days before attending Roommate and ever since then, I was just drifting around the company, busy spying on people.
 
"Anyway, Wendy-ssi~ I saw that Jin and BTS members were present at your birthday party last night~ What's the relationship between you two now?", Guk Joo unnie suddenly eyeballed me. 
 
I almost spat out my water and I pumped on my chest to swallow it properly. 
 
"Just normal friends?" 
 
Fortunately, she wasn't aware that Jin had already confessed to me, otherwise she would definitely make a big fuss out of it. 
 
"You sure?"
 
"Ne. Just a very close oppa and dongsaeng relationship. Stop thinking too much unnie", I replied her.
 
"Yea, stop teasing her unnie", Youngji supported me.
 
Honestly speaking, I don't know the answer myself. 
 
I took another sip of water.
 
Maybe I should ask Guk Joo unnie instead since she sounded quite experienced about it?
 
"Unnie, I've got a question for you."
 
"Uhuh?"
 
"When do you know exactly when you fall in love with someone?"
 
She laughed. 
 
"When you see how Youngji and Jackson are behaving towards each other?"
 
"UNNIE!!!", Youngji's face blushed right away at her comment. 
 
I tried to help Youngji by telling unnie how serious am I towards the question and that I wanted a proper answer. 
 
It calls for our Girl's Talk Part 2.
 
She placed her arm under her chin and thought for awhile. 
 
"Erm... First sign of love is usually when your heart starts beating really fast whenever you see him, followed by not daring to look at him in the eyes when you are talking to him"
 
"And and you will want to keep seeing and bumping into him no matter where you are"
 
"And you will always wonder 'what he's doing right now?' Oh and not to forget, whenever you text him, you will wait for his reply painstakingly, as if his few minutes would mean a year to you..."
 
Guk Ju unnie and Youngji answered my question interchangeably.
 
O.
 
Surprisingly, it kind of described what I am currently going through.
 
"Wae? Why are you asking this anyway? Are you in love Wendy-ssi?", Guk Joo unnie leveled her gaze at me.
 
"Me? Ani! As I said, stop thinking too much unnie! Lets let's continue on with our practice!", I got up quickly so as to avoid her questions.
 
Just then, Jackson entered the room in time and grabbed me by my arm.
 
"Unnie! Let me borrow Wendy-ssi for a while!"
 
He hauled me out of the room and led me into another practice studio. 
 
After checking that no one else was in sight, he turned back and looked at me with a smirk. 
 
"What's up?", I asked.
 
"I heard that Mark hyung confessed to you."
 
"How? What?! H-he told you?"
 
"Or else? Hello~ I don't spy on people~ And he's my roommate? As roommates, we do care and share."
 
I gave a deep sigh and dropped my head down, facing the ground.
 
"What's wrong? Aren't you supposed to be happy about it? At least you know... There's someone who ahem likes you? Although I have no idea what Mark hyung sees in you..." He smiled conceitedly.
 
"It's not as easy as how your monkey head thinks."
 
"WHAT? WHAT? WHAT NOW? Why are you holding personal attacks on me?"
 
Can I trust him? I asked myself. 
 
Making sure that the coast was clear first, I then signaled him to lower down his head as I whispered into his ears.
 
"OH.MY.GOD! JIN OPPA DO?", he widened his eyes at me and I quickly grabbed his neck and pulled him down onto the ground. 
 
"Lower down your volume Jackson!", I attempted to smack his head but he managed to dodge it. 
 
"Actually, I kinda saw that coming."
 
"Mwo?"
 
He showed me the text in his phone and my mouth gaped open once I read it. 
 
(Back in Chapter 14)
 
From: Jin hyung
 
YES JACKSON, I know that you are extremely curious but I can't possibly announce to the whole world right now that I do like Wendy-ssi?! So this is the only way I'm delivering it to you. I admit that I do have a special feeling for her but I want to take it slow first as we just met each other recently. I don't want to scare her off just so soon. So now, will you stop tossing and turning around in your bed? I can't fall asleep like this! And by any chance you like her too? 
 
"Jin hyung liked you since a long time ago and I actually once thought that the rumor between you two were true. I didn't expect that it took him so long to finally take action in real life and HAHA he've got himself a competitor now." 
 
"So you do know about this beforehand? I can't believe that you didn't tell me about it!"
 
"Hello~ Only someone like you would be so stupid to not sense it at all?"
 
Well, what he have just said is kind of true. Now that I thought of it, Jin had always behaved intimately towards me and only I'm the idiot who just regarded it as normal oppa-dongsaeng relationship. 
 
GAHHHHH! I felt strangling like Jackson for causing more headache for me.
 
He is nudging my arm now.
 
"So, who are you considering?"
 
"I don't know Jackson. I really don't know. We have a dating ban anyway, so why are you even talking me into this?", I was starting to get irritated with myself and I covered my face with my hands. 
 
I could feel that he was staring at me intensely and I wonder what he have got to say about it. He reached over and grabbed my hands. 
 
"Wendy-ssi. Don't feel troubled. Feel loved. We are humans too. We have the rights to love no matter what restrictions there might be. You can always date secretly."
 
But I'm different. I'm different from you guys. I'm not an idol. I'm a spy. Other than that, I'm just a normal- 
 
"I'm a human right?", I suddenly looked up, staring into his eyes.
 
He nodded his head approvingly before delivering another important message to me. 
 
"Follow your heart and it will bring you to where you want to go."
 
-
-
-
 
Ladies and gentlemen~ Welcome back to SBS ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS 2014. Before we continue on announcing the winners, let us now put our hands together to welcome the three special guests for their performance today. Everybody, Lee Guk Joo, Heo Youngji and JYP's new trainee Wendy Loh for EXID's latest hit !
 
The crowd is screaming loudly for us now, anticipating our performance. I gritted my teeth anxiously and Youngji held onto my hand to calm me down. 
 
"Relax Wendy. I know that this is the first time you are performing on stage but don't worry. I experienced this phase before as well when I just debut as a member of KARA. Just think of yourself performing for your loved ones and those who brought you here", Youngji said as she squeezed my hand. 
 
"Are you ready Wendy-ssi?", Guk Joo unnie placed her hand on my shoulder. 
 
I was extremely worried initially, but when Youngji mentioned about performing for my loved ones, the first person that came across my mind was him.
 
I took a glance at the bracelet around my wrist.
 
Yes, I have made my decision to be here and for my loved ones, I'm going to do my best for today! 
 
"NE! FIGHTING!", I replied with determination. 
 

 

Wi arae wi wi arae
Wi arae wi wi arae
Wi arae wi wi arae up
 
The music started playing and we began grooving to the y dance.

Wi arae wi wi arae
Wi arae wi wi arae
Wi arae wi wi arae
 
I don’t know, your eyes pretend to be innocent

 

 

You put me up and then bring me down
Then I feel loco oh oh
You drive me crazy like being forced to ride a roller co coaster
Su such a monster

 

 

(HEY BABY BOY)
Stop spinning me around and around
(HEY BABY BOY)
Stop being so risky
Stop touching me, stop vaguely touching me
(You you why why you you why why)
Up and down, up up and down

 

 

I keep shaking up and down
Why don’t u know don’t u know don’t u know
Clearly show me your heart
Why don’t u know don’t u know don’t u know yeah ey

 

 

Up and down, up up and down, up and down, up up and down
Up and down, up up and down, up up down down

 

 

Your words, your face, they confuse me
You leave traces (shake shake shake shake)
Pretending it’s not there, pretending you don’t know, playing games with me
You flirt with me (shake shake shake shake)

 

 

(HEY BABY BOY)
Stop spinning me around and around
(HEY BABY BOY)
Stop being so risky
Stop touching me, stop vaguely touching me
(You you why why you you why why)
Up and down, up up and down

 

 

I keep shaking up and down
Why don’t u know don’t u know don’t u know
Clearly show me your heart
Why don’t u know don’t u know don’t u know yeah ey

 

 

Just do what you wanna. do what you wanna
Stop teasing me and give me some clarity
I don’t need useless words
I need your truth not your jokes
Don’t make me stand at a crossroad, don’t make me cry
(Up and down, up up and down, up up down)

 

 

I keep shaking up and down
Why don’t u know don’t u know don’t u know
Clearly show me your heart
Why don’t u know don’t u know don’t u know yeah ey

 

 

Wi arae wi wi arae
Wi arae wi wi arae
Wi arae wi wi arae up
Wi arae wi wi arae
Wi arae wi wi arae
Wi arae wi wi arae
 
We did our ending pose and soon, the theatre was filled with tremendous support and applause from the crowd.
 
We did it, I did it! 
 
-
-
-
 
The award ceremony soon came to an end. Jackson and Jong Ok unnie both clinched the Rookie Award for 'Roommate' while Seho oppa and Guk Joo unnie won the New Star Award for the year. I was truly touched by all of their speeches and I felt honored to be invited onto the stage to share the joy with them. It's all their hard work and sweat that brought them to who they are today.
 
I am now wandering at the backstage, waiting for GOT7's manager to come and fetch me. Since Jackson was one of the nominees and I was one of the performers for the award ceremony, Jinyoung hyung have therefore sent the six boys here to give us moral support. That's why I came here and am going to travel back together with them now.
 
This was the first time I had so much makeup on me as I studied myself in the mirror. Getting some facial wipes from my bag, I started wiping my face clean. It wasn't that I looked hideous with it, but it's just that I have always preferred myself with lesser makeup as I'm used to my pure and innocent look.
 
Ahhh, now I'm satisfied. I smiled at myself. 
 
It was when I was about to throw the wipes into the bin then I realized that something was missing. 
 
My bracelet! It's gone! 
 
I circled around the backstage and starting searching for it frantically. 
 
I can't lose it just yet! I have not let its owner know of the good news! 
 
I soon bumped into Jackson at the door as I didn't pay attention to him standing in front of me.
 
"What's wrong Wendy-ssi? You look desperate."
 
"Jackson, I lost my bracelet! The one he gave me!", I held on to his arms for support as tears starting welling up in my eyes. 
 
"Oh no! Don't panic, I will try to help you find it! Do you remember going anywhere else besides here?"
 
"I wore it to the performance and I just realized it was gone a few minutes ago. Oh, but I did went to the toilet outside the theatre just now! I will go check-"

 

 

"No, leave those areas to me. As for the toilet, I will get Youngji to come along with me. You just stay put and calm down first", he reassured me before pulling Youngji along with him.
 
As time passed, I got more depressed as there were still no news from Jackson and Youngji. I started losing faith in myself. I don't want to jinx our relationship when it have not even started. But wait.
 
The stage! 
 
I have not search the main stage where I performed at just now! I could have let it slipped off my wrist in the middle of my performance. 
 
I immediately stood up from my seat and ran there. 
 
As the audiences and awardees have left long ago, there was not a single soul in sight. 
 
I scrutinized every nook and cranny of the stage but to no avail. 
 
I have really lost it. I got on my knees and started weeping. 
 
I'm sorry... I didn't mean to lose it... I really chose to be with you already...
 
My cries echoed through the entire theatre until sounds of footsteps could be heard coming closer and closer to me. 
 
Those footsteps soon stopped right in front of me.
 
"Are you looking for this?"
 
I looked up with my teary eyes, only to find Mark towering before me and dangling something in the air.
 
My bracelet.