Chapter 29: Departure

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)
"Oh, look who's back?", Min threw me a smirk. 
 
"The BIG.FAT.LIAR", she emphasized as she waved my 'diary' in the air. 
 
Balling up my fists, I tried to control my emotions. It wouldn't be good if I break down in this situation. 
 
Bravely taking a few steps towards her, I retrieved back my 'diary' from her hands. 
 
"Unnie, can you please excuse us for a while as I explain to the rest?", I mouthed softly. 
 
She turned back to look at the rest and then she scoffed at me. 
 
"I don't think that you should be given a chance to explain yourself. I have told them of the contents in your diary and I would say that the rest will probably agree with what I think now. You know what? I think that you should just get out."
 
Those words made my heart sank deeply. I studied all of their faces. 
 
Jimin and Yerin both had their heads hung low; JB and Jr were frowning ; Yugyeom, Bambam and Youngjae were just staring at me blankly; Jackson was shaking his head at me and Mark, he looked enraged. 
 
"Haven't you heard me? I said GET. OUT! You don't even belong here in the first place!", Min hollered angrily and pointed towards the door. 
 
I could feel a prick of tears behind my eyelids now. I gave GOT7 and 15& one last look and I prayed fervently for a miracle to happen before I turned my back against them.
 
Much to my disappointment, no one actually stopped me from leaving. As I dragged my feet towards the exit, Jin grabbed onto my wrist. 
 
Ah. I almost forgot that BTS was here too. 
 
Everyone else was giving me a blank look except for Jin. 
 
When I looked up to face him, tears was already rolling down my cheeks. Slowing removing his grasp from my arm, I ran aimlessly out of the dorm, uncertain of the next destination myself. 
 
-
-
-
 
JIN'S POV
 
The moment when she turned and faced me, she was already in tears.
 
Seeing her in this situation pained me a lot. She looked as though she have lost all the hope she had placed on them and she was totally crushed. 
 
As I stared into her tear-filled eyes, I felt that she was slowly removing her arm from my hand and at the next moment, she left for the door. 
 
Where else can she go now? 
 
Worried, I dumped the rest and I ran after her right away. 
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV
 
After some drama, everyone just stayed in their seats in silence. 
 
The Bangtan Boys then approached us awkwardly as they were totally unaware of what had happened. 
 
"Hyung, sorry but where can we place all these stuff?", V asked carefully. 
 
I took a glance at the bags they were holding. It was all the ingredients supposedly to be used for our party tonight, but it seems that it would not come into use after all. 
 
Noticing that I was still in a shaken state, JB then showed them to the kitchen instead. 
 
Why? Why did she have to do this to us? All sorts of question started appearing in my mind and I could feel warm blood surging through my body.
 
I want her to answer me.
 
"I will go and check what she've got to say", I finally made up my mind and stood up from the rest. 
 
Jackson then held onto my arm and whispered something to me before I leave. 
 
"Hyung, don't be too harsh on her."
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
After running about aimlessly, I realized that I was back at the rooftop.
 
I really had no where else to go. 
 
All of the memories for the past two months then started flashing through my mind and I knelt onto the ground as I sobbed.
 
*FLASHBACK*
 
"Good! You are the perfect girl I have been looking for! Welcome to JYP!", he stood up and straightened his arm, already preparing to shake my hand. 
 
"Oh, anyway, I'm Jackson. Jackson Wang from Got7 and I am from Hong Kong", he stretched out his hand and I shook it. 
 
"Come on special fan, oppa know that you like me a lot, so let's not be jealous and angry anymore ok?"
 
"I'm leaving for LA soon and I need you to promise me that you will take good care of him", she pat on the back of my hand. 
 
"Relax Wendy. I know that this is the first time you are performing on stage but don't worry. I experienced this phase before as well when I just debut as a member of KARA. Just think of yourself performing for your loved ones and those who brought you here", Youngji said as she squeezed my hand. 
 
"Because Dory should always be by Nemo's side. And that Dory wants Nemo to always be by his side as well." 
 
"Yes Wendy, do let us know if you need our help! You can treat us like your real parents", Mama Tuan also commented. 
 
"Anyway unnie, you passed! I'm so happy that you had found your true love!", Yerin beamed at me and threw me a hug. 
 
"I don't think that you should be given a chance to explain yourself. I have told them of the contents in your diary and I would say that the rest will probably agree with what I think now. You know what? I think that you should just get out."
 
*END OF FLASHBACK*
 
Why? Why did I chose to come here in the first place? I thought I was already all prepared to face this one day? As I thought, I cried even harder that it was making it difficult for me to breathe. 
 
It was then a packet of tissue appeared in front of me and someone began patting on my back. 
 
No need to say, it was Jin. 
 
"Cry, cry your hearts out and you will feel better", he comforted me.
 
Without hesitation, I hugged him tightly and hid my face against his chest. 
 
It only lasted for a short while before another figure turned up from the back. 
 
"Get away from her!", he shouted furiously as he shoved Jin aside and grasped onto my arm tightly. He then pulled me up forcefully and I groaned in pain. 
 
"Stop it Mark! You are hurting her!", Jin yelled back at him and attempted to loosen Mark's grip on me, but only to earn a punch in his face.
 
"MARK!", I screamed.
 
The next moment, both of them were throwing punches at each other and I was freaked out by their behavior. If this goes on, both of them will be injured badly and it wouldn't be good for their reputation if people finds out that they actually got into a fight.
 
Closing my eyes, I plucked up the courage to stand between them with my arms outstretched. 
 
"GEU MAN HAE!", I bellowed.
 
Both of them stopped abruptly when they realized that they were about to send punches to me instead. 
 
I took a glance at Mark before looking back at Jin.
 
"Oppa, let me talk to him first."
 
"There's no need for us to talk already", it was then Mark said sharply.
 
He wiped the blood off the corner of his mouth and stared at me with a straight face.
 
"I can't believe that you were playing around with us all along. You purposely got close to us to get all these information. I really wonder now, have you ever loved me? Oh god. Wendy, I seriously didn't know that you were this scary..."
 
"No Mark, listen to me-", I inched forward but he stepped back away from me. 
 
"A-ni, like what Min unnie had said earlier on, I don't think that you should be given a chance to explain yourself. Whatever you did was self-explanatory. I don't think I can continue to share this conversation with you anymore. It's. Disgusting.", he scoffed and turned back to leave.
 
I held onto his hand immediately and I begged him.
 
"Please Mark, listen to me. Just listen to me this once..."
 
However, all he did was to pull my hand away, shoving me away at the same time and this caused me to fall backwards.
 
Fortunately, Jin supported me just in time. 
 
My vision got blurry once again as I saw Mark's shadow disappearing before me.
 
Mark...
 
-
-
-
 
I locked myself in my room for the next day and no one came to talk to me at all. 
 
The night, I returned to the dorm late and it seemed like Jimin and Yerin were both fully prepared to avoid me. When I got back, no one was in sight and like wise, for today. 
 
They probably went to sleep at Miss A's dorm, I guessed. 
 
Heading out to the kitchen to pour myself a drink, my eyes happen to notice the bags of ingredients that the Bangtan Boys had shopped for together with me.
 
It was meant for the party, the mini celebration, but it never came in handy.
 
I squat down and brushed my fingers against them.
 
Oh no. I'm going to cry again even though it was already puffy from the previous rounds. 
 
Just like this, it became another depressing night for me as I cried to sleep.
 
-
-
-
 
I woke up the next day, only to hear a loud knock on my door. 
 
Surprised, I immediately hopped out of my bed and attended to the door.
 
Standing in front of me was Jackson and I was indeed taken aback by his presence. 
 
"Hi Wendy", he greeted me. 
 
I was so glad that he finally talked to me and I opened the door wider, hoping to catch the sight of the other members.
 
"Don't need to look for them. They are already waiting in the car."
 
Huh? Where are they heading to this early? I looked back at the clock behind me.
 
"I'm here to say goodbye actually."
 
I flinched at his words. 
 
Staring at him with my eyes wide, I finally spoke. 
 
"Where are you guys going?"
 
Somehow, this doesn't feel right to me.
 
"Wendy-ssi, we are heading for our Japan debut. Sorry for only informing you now. We were actually going to break the news to you guys on that day...", he trailed. 
 
"Japan debut? Now?", I muttered in disbelief.
 
They didn't tell me at all beforehand and they are just going to leave like this today? Right now?
 
"Yes, I'm sorry Wendy", he bowed in apology. 
 
"No Jackson, I'm the one who is supposed to apologize. I'm sorry that I chose to be here and ended up hurting you guys", I gave him a solemn look.
 
"Anyway, good luck for your performances and cheers to your career there!", I smiled at him. 
 
"Thanks Wendy. I guess we will not be seeing each other for quite sometime. It's good though, at least you and Mark hyung can take some time to cool off. Take care of yourself too and I hope that by the time we get back, everything will be back to normal", Jackson gave me a pat on my shoulder.
 
Before he left, I stopped him.
 
"Jackson, can I get a hug from you?", I requested as I was afraid that I'm never going to see him again.
 
"Of course, my little pig", he embraced me.
 
Thank you so much for the time here, Jackson. Although we spent most of our time bickering, you were the one who brought the most laughter to me throughout my stay here. 
 
Jeongmal gomawoyo.
 
-
-
-
 
I was watching from the dorm's window as I saw GOT7 leaving in their van. I can't believe that this is the last time I'm seeing them, especially Mark. 
 
It was just the beginning of us and it was also the end.
 
I wiped my tears dry as I headed back to my room.
 
Now, it's my turn to pack up.
 
-
-
-
 
"Wendy-ssi, are you ready to go now?"
 
I took one last look at the building. 
 
"Thanks for the memories, guys", I whispered under my breath. 
 
Looking back at Jinyoung hyung, I nodded my head at him and got into the car. 
 
"To Incheon Airport please."
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV
 
I have been stoning in my seat while the rest of the members were chatting among themselves on the plane. We had boarded early and the plane has yet to take off. 
 
"So, what did noona said in the end?", I heard Bambam asking Jackson. 
 
"She told me that's she's sorry for choosing to be here and ended up hurting all of us."
 
"Why did she have to apologize for? I actually didn't see how she had hurt us though", Youngjae added.
 
"Yeah, I agree with Youngjae. We were all just shocked by her true identity. That's all", Yugyeom commented as well.
 
Putting down his headphones, JB also joined in the conversation. 
 
"I can't help but to overhear you guys. What you all just said is kind of true. Wendy-ssi might have kept a secret from us but she had no choice at all. It was Jinyoung hyung who appointed her and it must have been clearly stated in her papers not to blow her cover..."
 
"I feel bad for avoiding her recently now... It wasn't that I didn't want to talk to her, it was just that the situation was a little awkward", Jr said.
 
"Never mind guys, I told her that our departure is for the best now as both Mark hyung and her can take some time to cool off. And hopefully, by the time we get back, it's going to be All's well that ends well", Jackson said it loud enough for me to hear. 
 
I shifted my body to one side to avoid their gazes but then, my phone started to ring. 
 
"Yoboseyo?", I answered.
 
"Oppa!"
 
I checked my caller id to see who's calling.
 
"Yes Jimin-a? What's the problem?"
 
"Unnie... Wendy unnie is gone!"
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
"Passengers for the flight SQ336, the gate is now open and the plane is ready for boarding." The announcement echoed across the airport. 
 
"Hmm! That's my flight!", I checked my ticket and told Jinyoung hyung. Escorting me to the departure gate, he then pulled me in for a hug and caressed my face. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, thank you so much for all that you have done for me. I really don't know how should I express my gratitude towards you", he said sincerely. 
 
"Hyung, no need to thank me. It's part of my job. Anyway, thanks for having me here", I withdrew from his hug and held onto his hands.
 
"Oh! Which reminds me!", I searched my backpack and passed him a book.
 
"The report! My 'diary'!" 
 
I can't believe that I almost forgot to hand him that. 
 
"Thank you Wendy-ssi. And take care!", he thanked me again for one last time before I turned my back and prepared to enter. 
 
"WENDY-SSI! WAIT UP!", it was then I heard someone shouting for my name. 
 
I turned back swiftly and I noticed a guy running towards me from a far. 
 
When he got closer, I realized that it was Jin. 
 
"OPPA!", I screamed in delight and immediately ran to hug him. 
 
"OH MY GOD! How did you know?"
 
He panted before answering my question.
 
"I remembered you mentioning the number of days you have left here and damn, when I just found out that it was today, I immediately gave Park Jimin a call and indeed, she told me that you have left. So, I quickly flew here instead, hoping to catch you before you fly off. And THANK GOD YOU ARE STILL HERE!", he messed up my hair now in the process of describing. 
 
"Anyway, thanks for being here oppa! It means a lot to me!", I exclaimed.
 
"And I can't believe that you actually didn't plan to tell me of your departure! And even worse, I couldn't contact you at all!", he flicked my forehead.
 
"Mianhae, but I have already gave up my Korean number. I have changed it back to my home country's SIM card", I explained to him.
 
"Anyway, this is from all of us."
 
He then handed me seven Polaroids, each of them showing the picture of the different members of BTS. 
 
"Awww... Kookie looked so cute here!", I gaga-ed at his picture.
 
"Hey, then what about me?", Jin was pouting now. 
 
"Haha, you are just being you", I joked.
 
"Then what about this?", he presented me with a photo frame. 
 
It was the picture we took back then at Coex Aquarium. 
 
"Wow, now this is a little cheesy", I chuckled. 
 
*cough cough* 
 
It was then Jin realized of Jinyoung hyung's presence. 
 
"O. Sunbaebim!", he did a ninety degrees bow.
 
"I know that you have a lot to say here kid, but if you don't let Wendy-ssi off soon, she's gonna miss her flight back home...", Jinyoung hyung raised an eyebrow at him.
 
"Oops! I'm sorry!", Jin apologized and turned back to me.
 
"Anyway, take care Wendy-ssi! I hope to see you soon and hopefully I will be heading to Singapore soon for the next stop of our concert!", he winked at me. 
 
As I entered the departure gate, I waved goodbye to Jinyoung hyung and Jin. I'm really glad that they are here to send me off.
 
Once again, I broke into tears.
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV
 
My hands trembled as I ended the call with Jimin.
 
What did she meant when she said that Wendy's gone?
 
Fumbling with my phone, I immediately dialed her number.
 
"Sorry, the number you have dialed is no longer in use. Please contact our technicians if you have any further enquiries. Thank you."
 
I dropped my phone.
 
Seol ma...
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
I looked out of the plane's window and studied the scenery. 
 
In the blinking of an eye, two months have passed. Not long ago, I recalled being on the same plane, coming to Seoul and now, I'm already returning back to Singapore. Time really flies. 
 
I fumbled with the belongings in my bag and I soon brought out the Peter Pan soft toy.
 
"I'm going to miss you, Mark." I whispered to myself.
 
Fortunately, I didn't get to say goodbye to him.
 
Because, Peter Pan once said, 
 
"Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting."
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note:
 
GUESS WHAT? I decided to post this up anyway to reward you guys for your support for me! 
 
Thank you for always staying with me and I hope that you guys will love this chapter! 
 
Stayed tuned to the finale that will be coming up in the next chapter! I will probably finish it by this week or worse come to worse, by end of next week. 
 
Neomu gamsahabnida! ^^
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: