Chapter 11: Phone calls & messages

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)
Did I hear him wrongly? Did he just asked for my number? 
 
Before I could even respond, he snatched my phone away from my hand.
 
I couldn't make out what he was trying to do but it seemed like he was calling someone with my phone now.
 
Just then, his own phone rang and he hung up afterwards. 
 
"There you go", he smiled at me. 
 
"Mwo?", I replied, looking blankly at him.
 
"I've got your number now and you've got mine! I will see you around!", he winked at me and passed me back my phone before running off to the BTS boys. 
 
I have not yet digest what had just happened until a voice appeared behind me. 
 
"Come on, you better get onto the bus quickly. I think some fans noticed the commotion between Jin and you just now", Mark pushed me up the bus from the back. 
 
-
-
-
 
For the journey back, Mark was seated next to me. We spent the entire time in silence whereas the rest were busy chit chatting. 
 
I could see his reflection on the window and it seemed like something was bothering him. I didn't want to ask him about it as I wanted to give him some space. 
 
He may be an idol whom I really adore, but I have to mind my own business at times. 
 
I folded my arms and closed my eyes to take a short nap instead. 
 
-
-
-
 
"Unnie! Someone is calling you!", I could hear Jimin shouting for me from outside. 
 
We have just returned to our dorms and I was taking the time to enjoy a good, relaxing bath after the long and tiring day today. 
 
But someone just have to spoil this moment. 
 
"Jimin-a, will you please answer it for me first?", I replied as I quickened my pace and rinsed my body in top speed. 
 
-
-
-
 
JIMIN'S POV
 
"Yoboseyo?", I picked up the call.
 
"Annyeong Wendy-ssi! Can you guess who am I?", the voice asked in a cheeky tone.
 
Wow. Since when did Wendy unnie gained such popularity among guys? I tried to control my giggle before I replied the person. 
 
"Mianenada, but Wendy unnie is in the shower now. May I know who are you and would you like me to pass on any message for you instead?"
 
"Oh. Oh I see", the person's voice cracked. "Hmmm, tell her it's Jin oppa calling and I would be glad that  she can return the call afterwards."
 
"Alright, sure", I hide my excitement. 
 
"Thanks, and bye!", he then ended the call. 
 
DAEBAK. 
 
CHINJA DAEBAK! 
 
"YAH YERIN-A!!! I'VE GOT A BIG NEWS TO SHARE!"
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
Now, I'm seated on my bed with the two devils staring back at me. It was beginning to seem like an interrogation session although I don't remember doing anything wrong to them. 
 
"Waeyo?", I asked innocently as I ruffled my hair with my towel. 
 
Jimin folded her arms and studied my face carefully. 
 
"Why did Jin oppa call you?", her face then inched closer to mine. 
 
"What?" 
 
"Tell me about it."
 
"Hmmm... Tell her it's Jin oppa calling and I would be glad that she can return the call afterwards", she tried to imitate the way Jin talked. 
 
"Are you serious?", I looked at her in disbelief. 
 
"Do I look like I'm not?"
 
So, Jin really did got my number. I thought he was just playing around with me earlier on. 
 
But. 
 
"Eotteoke? Eotteokeeeeee?", I grabbed onto Jimin and Yerin's arms. 
 
"Unnie, you are chinja daebak!", Yerin gave me a thumbs up sign.
 
"Yah, don't joke with me! I'm being serious here!", I pushed her hand away and was desperately searching for answers in their eyes for help.
 
I mean, I don't really how to handle guys as I have never date before. Besides, I just met Jin and the entire encounter with him was just way too awkward for me today. But, in fact, he's calling me now. BTS'S JIN! OH MY GOD. 
 
-
-
 
"To call, not to call. To call or not to call", I have been mumbling to myself this sentence over and over again while plucking the rose petals Jimin and Yerin had provided me with earlier on. It was some leftovers from their mv shooting. 
 
"To call." It was the last petal.
 
"ARGH! This is driving me crazy!!! How could I call him???!!!", I kicked my bed and ran my fingers through my hair.
 
I didn't have to worry about calling him for long as my phone soon rang again by itself. 
 
It was from an unknown number and I answered the call while biting into my nails. 
 
"Sorry for taking so long to call you back", I said immediately, assuming right away that it was Jin calling back again.
 
However, the person behind the line sounded surprised by my reply.
 
"You were going to call me?"
 
"Yea... Wait. Who are you?", I suddenly flinched. 
 
"Uh... It's Mark oppa here."
 
-
-
-
 
It was halfway through my Korean language class when my phone vibrated. 
 
Mark have been exchanging texts with me ever since he called last night. Although I was taken by surprise by his call (as I recalled only giving my number to Jackson) to simply warn me in keeping him being afraid of heights as a secret from the rest, I was actually more accurately to say, delighted. 
 
For goodness sake, I'm texting my idol in real life now. Who would have believed that such dreams really do come true! 
 
From: Mark oppa 
 
Hey, GOT7 suggested to have lunch together later on! Let's meet at the lobby at 1pm ok? :) 
 
I smiled at his text and replied him right away.
 
To: Mark oopa
 
No prob. See you guys later! :DDDDD
 
I'm loving how I get to spend my time here with these group of guys more and more now. So much to the extent that I'm beginning to worry how will they react and see me as when the truth unravels one day. 
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV
 
"Hyung! Who are you texting with that keep making you smile so silly at your phone?", Jackson tried to climb onto my back in attempt to take a peek at my phone. 
 
"Yah yah! Mine your own business kiddo!", I pushed him away and swept my sweater slightly. 
 
He looked at me sadly and dragged JB to his front. 
 
"Leader JB, you see, Mark hyung is treating me so badly...", Jackson pleaded to JB to help him, only to receive a knock on his forehead. 
 
"Yah, you asked for it", JB replied coldly and it made everyone laugh.
 
"Oh yeah, have anyone contacted Wendy noona about our lunch?", Bambam asked.  
 
"I have her number but I don't have the mood to argue with her now. I guess Mark hyung can take over the job since I gave him her number already...", Jackson pointed at me while the rest just stared at me all of a sudden.
 
Aish, this Jackson is really a pain in the . He really doesn't think before he speaks. 
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
"Yah.. You guys didn't tell me that Miss A are also coming along...", I nudged Yugyeom who was sitting beside me and whispered to him. 
 
As soon as Miss A entered the cafe, I could sense Min scorning at me already.
 
Uh oh. This doesn't look good.
 
"Don't worry noona, we will protect you and I'm sure our noonas will not that mean too", both Yugyeom and Bambam pat my head. 
 
"Anyway, it's not just Miss A. Yerin and Jimin will be joining us too after their schedule", JB added to make me feel better that at least there were still people whom I can rely on.
 
We ordered some pizza first as all of us were already hungry. The waiter then brought us some drinks to complete our meal. 
 
"Green tea with honey?", the waiter asked.
 
"Oh, mine!", I raised my hand.
 
He was reaching out to pass me my drink when he suddenly lost his balance and...
 
Spilled them on me.
 
My clothes are all wet now! 
 
"Jeongmal mian-ne!", he apologized profusely while trying to get me some tissue to wipe it off. 
 
"It's okay. I will clean it myself", I gave him a weak smile while looking at my clothes, baffled. 
 
Min, Fei and Jia were already curling their lips at me, whereas the others had eyes that looked as though they were feeling bad for me.
 
Ah. I felt so embarrassed for ruining their meal. 
 
Just as I was about to excuse myself to the toilet to clean up, someone grabbed my arm.
 
"Sorry, please excuse us for a moment", the person said and then pulled me out of the cafe. 
 
"Jin?", I gasped.
 
"and BTS?"
 
"The correct term to use is Jin oppa", he cleared his throat and corrected me. 
 
"But wae? What are you guys doing here? And why did you pull me out?", I skipped the formalities as I was appalled by his unexpected visit. 
 
"Noona, we saw what happened." V  looked at me solemnly. 
 
"Yea, we saw everything clearly through the glass panel from outside", J-Hope also spoke. 
 
What in the world are these guys? Why do they have to keep mentioning about the incident and humiliate me further?
 
"Yah! Why are you guys doing this to me? It was just an accident!", I yelled at them. 
 
"You think that it was an accident?" 
 
Jin's question instantly caught me by surprise. 
 
"W-what d-do you mean?", I stuttered as I raised an eyebrow at him. 
 
He sighed and then gazed intently into my eyes.
 
"Do they always treat you like this? Bully you because you are new?"
 
What is he referring to now? No, GOT7 and 15& have always been good to me... 
 
I shook my head.
 
"Then why didn't they speak up for you?", Jin was starting to get more agitated now.
 
"Jin, I don't get what you mean. I think I really can't carry on this conversation with you anymore...", I said as I turned my back to leave. I could see GOT7 and Miss A paying attention to our commotion from inside. 
 
"It was Min. She did that to you." 
 
I stopped in my track. 
 
But how? 
 
"She tripped the waiter and caused him to lose his balance and pour the drink on you...", Suga continued. 
 
"We thought that you should know about this", Rap Monster said. 
 
Ahhh. 
 
I should have saw that coming. I didn't know that Min would carry on till this extent. 
 
Forget it Wendy, let bygones be bygones. 
 
Now, I'm feeling sorry towards Jin for behaving so y towards him. 
 
"Thank you all for your concern but I will settle this myself", I managed a weak smile. 
 
"Alright then. Call me if you need me and don't you reject my call okay? My heart is fragile!", Jin's face finally lit up and he beamed at me.
 
With that, he left with BTS in their van, not forgetting to give me a hug first.
 
"Thanks oppa."
 
-
-
-
 
I am now back at the dorm, watching television by myself as Jimin and Yerin are still not yet back from their schedule. 
 
I really need them now as they were the only dongsaengs whom I could share my concern with and actually care about me. 
 
The show that was showing now was 'Roommate' and at least it was one thing that I could laughed at. It was funny how Jackson kept sticking around Guk Ju unnie and also the bickering that kept going on between Youngji and him. I'm so definitely going to about it the next time I see him!
 
I placed some chips into my mouth and just then, I could feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. 
 
From: Mark oppa
 
Hi Wendy, can you meet me at the rooftop now? 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note:
 
Posted up this chapter since I'm done with it anyway. This chapter is quite long 'cos I was thinking of repaying back first for not being able to post for the next few days probably, due to my upcoming tests and exams. Gonna stay focused (: 
 
Stay tuned and hope that you guys can leave comments along the way and vote if you think that I deserve it.Thank you all so much for the support! :DDDDDD 
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: