Chapter 15: Jealousy

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)
The sun rose in a pool of crimson and gold, spilling light all over the land and the white clouds.
 
It was already the second day of my home stay and I was the first to wake up. I turned to my sides to see Youngji and Guk Joo unnie sleeping soundly still. 
 
So good, they still get to sleep. 
 
I stretched out my arms and yawned. It was decided yesterday that Jin and I will be making breakfast for everyone today, so I rose up from my bed and went to the bathroom to wash up after which. 
 
I then started heading downstairs to the kitchen. Along the way down, I noticed that someone was sleeping on the sofa at the living room. 
 
Hmm... Who could that be?
 
As I got closer and closer, I realized that it was a familiar figure. 
 
Isn't that Mark oppa?
 
I pinched my hand to check if I was really awake and I yelped in pain. 
 
Gosh, what is he doing here?
 
I took a step closer to him and studied his face. He was frowning in his sleep and I thought that it could probably be due to the bright morning sunlight that was directly shining at him. 
 
Reaching out for the nearby whiteboard, I pulled it over carefully, quiet enough not to wake him up in the process. 
 
Yea, this would be much better, I swept my hands after my proud accomplishment. The whiteboard was now placed in front of him, shielding most of the sunlight. 
 
"Wendy-ssi."
 
I was so appalled by the sudden call that I jumped and accidentally slipped on the mat behind me. Losing my balance, I found myself falling towards Mark's direction. 
 
Plonk. 
 
I landed on him and he was startled from his sleep. 
 
"Mwo...", he opened his eyes slightly. 
 
I was now looking into his eyes and our lips were just a few inches apart. 
 
"YAH YAH YAH! WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING THERE?"
 
I turned towards the direction of the owner of the voice and discovered that it was Jin. 
 
"Oppa", I said softly while staring at him in confusion. 
 
His eyes then widened and signaled to me that I should somehow pay more attention to the subject in front of me now. 
 
I turned back only to face Mark and I quickly looked away again. 
 
Wait what?! 
 
I twirled back once more. 
 
Oh yes, Mark! I was lying on Mark all along! 
 
I finally snapped out from the state of confusion and stood up abruptly, fixing my gaze on the floor after that. 
 
There was an awkward moment of silence among the three of us now. 
 
I swallowed my saliva and finally spoke minutes later. 
 
"Erm... I better start making breakfast now or else everybody will start waking up soon...", I dragged Jin back into the kitchen, leaving Mark alone, looking dumbfounded.
 
-
-
-
 
I began frying the eggs, trying hard to shift my focus more to the cooking. 
 
However, the close proximity with Mark previously reminded me of him using my photo as his phone's wallpaper and it troubled me more. Why did he used it? And also, there's still something going on between him and Wendy Wang? 
 
"WOAH, WENDY-SSI!"
 
That was when I snapped back into reality and I almost choked on the smoke that was coming out from the frying pan. 
 
The eggs were charred already and Jin immediately took the pan away from my hands and settled everything by himself.
 
Then gradually, Jin begin to move closer to me and whispered something into my ears. 
 
"Anyway, why do you have to fall on Mark just now, Wendy-ssi? Do you have to go into such extent just to make me jealous?", he said jokingly. 
 
"Oppa!", I glared at him. "It was because of you that I slipped and fell onto Mark oppa! Who asked you to call me all of sudden when I thought that no one else was here! And stop spouting nonsense, your fans will misunderstand us like this!", I pointed at the camera and reminded him. 
 
All he gave was a cheeky grin as he ruffled my hair. 
 
"YAH! DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR!"
 
*cough cough*
 
Without notice, Mark was already standing behind us, leaning against the wall. 
 
"Is my breakfast ready?", he asked. 
 
-
-
-
 
In a little while, everyone else was wide awake and we had our breakfast quickly before heading to Ganghwa-do island. 
 
I was traveling in the same car as Seho oppa, Jin, Mark and Jackson. Jackson took the front seat, next to Seho oppa, who was doing the driving. Initially, Mark was allocated to travel in another car, but he insisted on coming along with Jackson and I, therefore I'm now sandwiched between Jin and Mark. 
 
"Mark, excuse me for being rude, but why are you here too?", Jin asked. 
 
I turned and looked at Mark at that instant, seeking for an answer as well. I don't recall Jackson inviting him too and I was pretty shocked by his appearance this morning. 
 
"Jackson had me to bring him extra undies and shirts last night. So I might as well sleepover and join you guys for today since I have no schedule on for the day..."
 
"Hey, I didn't ask you! I specifically called and asked J-"
 
"Yah! You didn't even thank me and now you are talking back at me! Jackson, I'm so disappointed in you... I thought that you would have been the happiest to see me around... And you too Wendy!", Mark pouted and he was so cute that I wanted to pinch his cheeks so badly.
 
That was the first time he called me by my name without the honorifics. 
 
The three of us then carried on with our nonsensical conversation until the moment I notice Jin was staring out of the window. 
 
Oops, how could I forget that Jin is present too? 
 
I tapped on his shoulder.
 
"Oppa, are you alright? I'm sorry that we forgot to include you into our conversation..."
 
"Nah, it's alright. You have a better companion now. I'm glad for you", he said sarcastically without even looking back at me. 
 
I scratched my head and wondered. 
 
Did he actually mean it when he said he was jealous previously? 
 
-
-
-
 
"Ahhhhhhhhhhh~~~", I shouted and stretched out my arms as soon as I saw the retreated ocean in front of me when I alighted from the car. 
 
I have always like to express my anger, happiness and sorrow through communication with nature, just like what I am doing now. 
 
The other members were all yelling for me to gather now, and I quickly finished up on my last words and hopped over to join them. 
 
Roommate's PD-nim then passed each of us a mission card and explained the purpose of today's visit here. 
 
"As you all know, we are here at Ganghwa-do island. This island is famous for its mudflat and seafood and that's why we are all gathered here today. We are going to have a seafood bbq party for everyone tonight and therefore, instead of buying the ingredients needed, you guys will be catching them on your own. This will help to promote family bonding! So, chop chop and let's get started! Everyone please find a partner up to assist you!"
 
My very first instinct was actually to look for Jackson as he's basically the one who is the closest to me. However, I could already see him pulling Mark along, which shows that they would be forming a pair. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, can I be your partner?", Jin then approached me just in time. 
 
"Oh. Sure, oppa!", I replied and I can already see Guk Joo unnie and Youngji smirking at me now from the corner of my eyes. Ignoring their stares, I proceeded along with Jin.
 
The middle-aged oppas and unnies stayed closer to shore whereas the younger ones like us went further in to catch crabs. 
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV
 
Hmm... Form a pair? Should I offer Wendy a special fan service once again? I thought. 
 
I was about to call out for Wendy when Jackson grabbed my arm and dragged me along with him.
 
"Mark hyung! You are coming along with me! Please stick me with me~ 'Cos as much as I want to partner with Wendy-ssi, I still can't become a lightbulb."
 
Lightbulb? I was taken aback by Jackson's words.
 
"What do you mean?", I asked Jackson. 
 
"Shh... I will tell you more when we get back to our dorm. If you really want to know by now, just observe and you will be able to tell too!", Jackson grinned like a Cheshire Cat. 
 
Upon hearing that, I took a glance over to Wendy's side. Jin was approaching her and they formed partners shortly. 
 
Seol ma...
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
"Urgh!" I tried to pluck out my leg from the mud with all my strength. 
 
I have been having trouble with the mud since the very beginning. It seemed like as long as I take a step, my legs will sink back into the mud within seconds and the whole vicious cycle of competing with the mud repeats again. 
 
"Oppa, stop walking so quickly. Please come and help me...", I cried for help as Jin was already creating a huge distance away from me. 
 
He turned back and shook his head defeatedly. Giving me a hand, he held onto mine tightly and I attempted to drag my feet out, but to no avail. 
 
Just then, I felt a pair of strong arms circling around my waist. 
 
"Oppa...", I looked at him nervously. 
 
"Quiet, I will try to pull you out of this mess", Jin silenced me. 
 
1, 2, 3. He then gave a strong pull. I was indeed being pulled out, but I was now lying on top of him. His face was covered in mud and his shirt and pants were already all wet. 
 
I burst into laughter upon seeing his pathetic state. He looked horrendous! Guk Joo unnie and Youngji also noticed the commotion from afar and they joined in the laughter. Guk Joo unnie even gave me a thumbs up sign. Lol. 
 
"Wendy-ssi!"
 
I turned back to face Jin as I heard him calling me, but to my horror, I was greeted by a streak of mud on my cheeks. 
 
"OMO. You didn't just do that to me!", I shrieked. 
 
"Oh yes I did", he chuckled. 
 
"Now I'm declaring WAR!!!", I squealed in delight as I grabbed more mud and dumped it at Jin's face. 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note: 
 
Here it is! I am finally done with this chapter! Hope that it's up to standard and it's what you all might be looking out for. Small and cute intimidating scenes along the way (: 
 
I would like to also apologize here for the late update and I'm sorry to say that the next few chapts might come in late as well. Sorry to keep you guys waiting and I hope that you all will understand! 
 
On top of that, thank you so much for the current support from all! I can see that the number of views have increased significantly and I'm definitely motivated to work harder to bring you guys a better storyline now! Please continue to leave me comments and votes as you read! TYVM! 
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: