Chapter 26: The Truth

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

JIN'S POV

 
"Hyung, what's wrong with you? Why are you behaving like this for the past few days? And stop drinking already! What if the fans and media personnels see this?", Jungkook asked as he pushed the glass of soju away from my mouth. 
 
It spilled a little on my shirt but oh well, never mind. I looked lethargic and hideous right now anyway so it doesn't really matter much. 
 
This routine started out from the day Wendy rejected me.
 
Why? Why did she chose Mark over me? I was the one who fell for her first. I was the one who was always there for her. But why?
 
"WAE? WAE? WAE?!", I started hitting my head against the table and it attracted a lot of attention from others.
 
"Mianhae", Jungkook bowed to the other patrons and immediately came and held me from the back.
 
"HYUNG! GEU-MAN-HAE!", he raised his voice and began dragging me out of the stall after he left the bill on the table. 
 
I shoved him aside and wobbled to one corner.
 
Argh, my head was hurting tremendously and I felt like...
 
"baaaaaarrrrrrffffffff.....uuungghhh...", I puked out everything from my mouth and leaned against the railing in front of me for support. 
 
"Err... Hope that this will make you feel better..."
 
Jungkook was now patting on my back and he stood beside me, looking rather helpless as this was his first time witnessing such an awful state I was in. 
 
After vomiting them all out, I slid down and sat on the ground. I was staring into empty space but my mind was all about her. 
 
"Get up hyung! We can't stay here! I can't let people see the state you are in now! Ppali-ireona!", he was pulling up arm to get me to stand up but I pushed him away once again.
 
"WENDY-SSI! I WANT TO SEE WENDY-SSI!", I yelled and shook my arms and legs like a stubborn child. 
 
"I WANT TO SEE HER! CALL HER NOW! Chebal..."
 
Before I passed out, I heard Jungkook giving someone a call.
 
"Noona, ppali come over! I need your help!"
 
-
-
-
 
"Kookie-ya, don't worry. Just let him sleep for the night and he will be alright by tomorrow. Oh ya, I brought some painkillers over too, so in case he's having a headache tomorrow morning, ask him to take these pills. It was quite effective for my case."
 
"Okay, thanks noona."
 
"No problem, it's late and I better get going now..."
 
My eyes flickered upon hearing their conversation. I felt a wet towel on my forehead and my eyes shifted to the owners of the voices. Although my eyes were still not yet accustomed to the dim light, I could still recognize that it was her.
 
"Don't go", I held onto her hand just before she could leave. 
 
She was taken aback by my sudden response and I just stared at her and pleaded weakly.
 
"Stay with me, a while will do."
 
She took a seat beside my bed and Jungkook then closed the door behind him to leave us to talk. We remained in complete silence for quite some time.
 
"So... How's life?", I asked sarcastically. 
 
She must be enjoying her time lately with Mark and they would be all so lovey-dovey~ I imagined in my mind.
 
But, all I observed was her having her head hung low when she replied,
 
"Okay..."
 
This was a sign.
 
This was a sign of how she look when she's troubled. I just knew it. I know her better than anyone else.
 
"H-have you and M-Mark argued?", I stuttered, forcing his name out from my mouth was just too painful for me.
 
She looked up at me, probably wondering why did I asked her such a question. 
 
But she soon shook her head.
 
"Then what's troubling you now?"
 
She hesitated for a while before replying me.
 
"Oppa... Are you alright?"
 
I hate it! I hate it when she asks me this question! She rejected me and got me into this mess but now she's showing concern for me again! KIM SEOK JIN! WAKE UP! YOU GOT TO WAKE UP! I scolded myself mentally. 
 
"What if I say no?"
 
She paused.
 
"Jeongmal mianhada..."
 
"I don't want to hear sorry from you anymore. I had enough of it! It's either you accept me now or you just forget about the fact that I once confessed to you."
 
She looked back at me, giving me a weak smile.
 
This girl, she must be saying 'sorry' again in her heart now. 
 
"Friends?", I brought out hand.
 
"Friends." 
 
She smiled and gladly shook it. 
 
But looking at her face, I could still tell that there was something wrong with her.
 
"Now, if we are still friends and if I'm still your oppa, share with me your problems. I can tell from your face that you are troubled. Malhaebwa."
 
She gave me an uncertain look and then sighed.
 
"Oppa, what if I lied to you? Will you be angry?"
 
"Depends on what's the lie?"
 
She cleared . 
 
"What if I'm not a trainee at JYPE in the first place?"
 
"Mwo?", I let out a soft gasp.
 
"Oppa, can I trust you?"
 
I didn't quite get what she meant now but it doesn't hurt to pay attention to what she've got to say right? 
 
"Sure, go on."
 
Taking in a deep breath, she began.
 
"I'm not a trainee at JYPE at all. I'm actually a spy, a peacemaker, a mediator. I was approached by Jinyoung hyung to monitor the artists' personal life for two months and was instructed to submit a full report to him by the end of my stay here. However, the more I'm hanging out with them and the better they treat me, the more I'm feeling bad and guilty towards them. I really want to let them know of my true identity fast and to resolve any conflict before they find it out themselves. Also, now that I'm together with Mark oppa, I really don't know how will he see me when he knows of the truth. And lastly, I'm only left with five days here... How will I break the news to them then? Will my friendship and relationship with them be on the safe side or will it sink? Oppa, I really don't know... I hate myself for choosing to come here now..."
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
I covered my face with my hands and broke down when I finally let it all out. 
 
Those were the questions that kept bombarding my mind as I hung out more with 15& and GOT7. They were all great people and although I didn't have much to report about them, I am still worrying about the circumstances I might face when they know of the truth. You might think that I'm worrying too much, but it matters to me as they have now became my close friends. I didn't really have to act around them. I felt comfortable being around them and I was just being myself all along. I really don't want to lose them. 
 
Jin furrowed his eyebrows as he listened to me. 
 
I guess he must be furious with me now for keeping this secret from him as well.
 
"So, all along you were just Park Jinyoung's puppet?", he stared at me unbelievably. 
 
And he just called me a puppet. Ouch. 
 
"No, I'm a mediator", I corrected him.
 
"WOAH." He sat up from his bed and scratched his nape.
 
My eyes continued to stare at him with sorrow.
 
If it's him, will he forgive me?
 
Reaching for my hands, he gave them a squeeze.
 
"Wendy-ssi. I was indeed raging from your words. Like how could you have lied to us? Have you been using us all  along? But that was before. After hearing you explain yourself, I know that it was a task anyway. You couldn't have avoided it but you tried your best. I believed that you didn't carry it out in a bad way. You were sincere to everyone and you weren't unnatural. You didn't purposely want to dig up someone's personal life and past and accuse him or her of doing such a thing. Like you have just said, you are a mediator and I believe you and Jinyoung hyung. Although I hate it when our managers and sajangnim starts taking control over and manipulating us, I understand that he's actually doing this for his own artists' good. It will definitely bring more peace to the company if they find out things internally first rather than the media discovering it later. And I truly understand why you accepted his request. If I were you, I would have done the same too. So no worries, you are doing the right thing and not the wrong. But about how Mark and your other friends view it, I can't guarantee..." Jin gave me his most truthful reply. 
 
His words made me feel better and I returned his deed with a hug. 
 
"Oppa, thank you so much for your understanding. And also, thanks for always being Nemo's Dory."
 
-
-
-
 
When I got back to the dorm, I was surprised to find Mark sleeping on the sofa of our living room. 
 
Shaking him gently, I woke him up.
 
"Oppa, what are you doing here at this hour?"
 
"Oh you are back?", he sat up quickly and stretched out his arms. Squinting his eyes, he checked the time on the clock.
 
"It's twelve midnight already? And you are just back? Where have you been?"
 
"I was at BTS's dorm."
 
"Oh", he said and then suddenly widened his eyes at me.
 
"WAIT. WHAT?!" 
 
"Some things came up for Jin oppa and Jungkookie called me over for help."
 
"Wendy.. I thought you are already my girlfriend?", he scoffed.
 
"Come on Mark. Jin oppa is still my friend and I'm the reason why he's behaving like this now. I chose you over him, so stop being jealous of him will you? Anyway, what are you here for?" 
 
I don't have the energy to argue with him over this matter, now that I've got other things to worry about. 
 
We kept quiet for a while and I turned my back against him. 
 
"If you have nothing to say, then I'm going back to my room, bye."
 
"Wendy-ssi, I'm sorry for being so sensitive." He hugged me from the back. 
 
"You are right. I should be glad to have you already and I think my parents will be glad to meet you too."
 
"What do you mean?", I turned my face and the tip of nose brushed against his.
 
"My parents are finally flying in tomorrow and I want you to meet them."
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note:
 
4 more chapters to go and it will be the end. Are you guys as excited as me? Lol. It's my very first fanfic so I'm actually quite looking forward to it. Although I can't bear to part with the characters... 
 
Just bear with me for this chapter, I know it's kinda boring but yeah, just bear with me. All these will be ending soon. (:
 
Also, please help me vote and comment! Thanks! 
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: