Chapter 21: Your wish is my command

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

MARK'S POV

 
"WENDY-SSI!", I shot up from my bed and beads of perspiration trickled down my forehead. 
 
"O! Hyung!"
 
"Ui-sa! (Doctor!) Mark hyung is awake already!"
 
"Yea, please check on him!"
 
I woke up to realize that I was in an unfamiliar setting and I looked up, only to find my fellow GOT7 members surrounding me.
 
"Hyung, are you feeling alright?", Bambam clasped my hands and stared at me with his big round eyes. 
 
I nodded my head and then a guy in white coat squeezed his way through them and did some checkup on me. 
 
O, I'm at a hospital now.
 
"Don't worry, Mark is alright here. He will just need to stay in the hospital for a while to receive some physiotherapy sessions once his fracture starts healing. By then he will be fully functional", the doctor assured everyone. 
 
With that, he left and the six boys then sat by my side on my bed. 
 
"Eyyy~ Hyung! You became a hero uh! We heard from Wendy-ssi already!", Jackson teased me while giving me a light punch on my left arm. 
 
"Ouch!", I cried. 
 
"Oops! Mianhae! I forgot that this was your injured arm...", he then gave me a puppy look. 
 
But right. Wendy. Where is she? How come I don't see her around? Was she injured too? 
 
"Where's Wendy-ssi?", I looked at them and asked. 
 
"Oh, she's sleeping outside. You want me to call her in?", Jr replied.
 
"No, let her rest", I held up my hand to stop him. 
 
"Was she injured though?", I asked again.
 
"Erm... Just a few minor cuts and scratches on her arm. Other than that, noona's fine", Youngjae answered my question.
 
"Anyway...", JB then said.
 
"You have a guest waiting outside."
 
Yugyeom opened the door and let her in. 
 
Wendy Wang came running to me and touched my forehead. 
 
"Mark! Are you alright? You scared me right there!", she started crying and hugged me tightly. 
 
"WendyW... Can't breathe...", I gasped for air as she secured her arms around my neck too tightly.
 
She quickly regained her position when she noticed the state I was in. 
 
"Sorry about that!"
 
*cough cough* 
 
She looked up to see the boys staring at her.
 
"Errr... I guess we will leave you guys to talk...", JB said and gestured the rest to leave the ward.
 
Before leaving, Jackson turned back and gave me the "I've got my eyes on you!" look which I simply just rolled my eyes at.
 
When the door closed, WendyW turned her attention back to me. 
 
"Mark...", she trailed.
 
"I hope you understand now", I cut straight to the point.
 
Her eyes were drooping now and she nodded her head weakly. 
 
*FLASHBACK*
 
"WENDY-SSI, WATCH OUT!" 
 
I dashed out to the road and shielded her from the impact of the speeding car. The next moment when I opened my eyes, all I could see was her shaking my body nonstop and yelling my name. 
 
It was then when I finally realized how important she was to me. I got what JB meant and I found my answer. All along, she didn't exist in my world as just a special fan. She was my special someone. She was the one who can make me want to be with her. And I'm never letting her go, ever again. 
 
"Luckily you are alright", I managed to say before I passed out. 
 
*END OF FLASHBACK*
 
"I'm sorry that it took you such effort to prove to me the reason. I get it now Mark, I get it. That moment when you ran after her, I knew that I've lost you..."
 
"WendyW..."
 
"Don't worry...", she sniffed before she continued.
 
"I'm just here to say goodbye. I'm leaving for LA later. And I want to wish you all the best."
 
"No hard feelings?", I looked into her eyes with concern.
 
"Nope."
 
"Friends?"
 
"Friends." She nodded and leaned in for another hug. 
 
"I will miss you, Mark." She whispered into my ears. 
 
"Me too", I pat on her back. 
 
"Take care and stay happy with her!", she said as she waved goodbye to me and left the room. 
 
"Thanks WendyW."
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
The heavy eyelids of mine started battering when I felt someone tapping on my shoulder. 
 
Slowly, I opened my eyes wearily and noticed a faint figure standing in front of me. 
 
"WendyW?"
 
"Oh you are finally awake now."
 
I immediately sat up straight and wept the drool that had formed at the corner of my mouth. 
 
"Mark oppa...", I pointed to the ward. 
 
"He's awake already."
 
"Oh."
 
"Aren't you going in to see him?"
 
I looked down on the floor as I recalled what he had said to me earlier on. 
 
I must be the last person he would want to see now.
 
"Nah... It's alright. I think I better get going soon..."
 
Now that I know that he's fine, I felt relieved. 
 
"No, Wendy", WendyW held onto my hand. 
 
"I think he wants to see you now, badly."
 
"Mwo?", I gave her a blank look.
 
"I'm leaving for LA soon and I need you to promise me that you will take good care of him", she pat on the back of my hand. 
 
"But... Back then you two were-"
 
"That was a misunderstanding. I was the one who initiated it. It had nothing to do with Mark. Gah, I don't know why am I telling you all these although I'm still unhappy with you pushing me away..."
 
"Ah, for that I can explain! It was because-"
 
"Don't tell me", she stopped me.
 
"Save it for Mark instead. Anyway, I gotta go now. Take care", she gave me a pat on my shoulder and left. 
 
Looking at her back view, WendyW looked so lonely as she dragged her luggage along with her. Although she was Mark's ex and I had an unpleasant encounter with her, I kind of pitied her now. 
 
Forget about it, Wendy. Let bygone be bygones. Now, what you should do is to at least listen to WendyW's words, to help her take care of Mark oppa while you still can, I thought to myself. 
 
Gently pushing the door, I peeked into the ward. 
 
Mark was trying to get down from his bed which caused me to quickly hurry over to him once I witnessed it. 
 
"YAH YAH YAH! STAY THERE AND DON'T MOVE ABOUT!"
 
He froze right away and looked shocked by my sudden entrance. 
 
Before he could even retaliate, I placed his arms over my shoulder and supported him. 
 
"Let me help you! Okay, now we are ready to go! Where do you want to head to?", I turned and met his eyes. 
 
Staring at me for a while, he then chuckled. He fixed his right arm around my waist instead, smiling at me.
 
"Wendy-ssi, I injured my arm, not my legs. So I can still walk actually. Anyway, you may proceed now. I'm all ready."
 
Omg, he made me sound so stupid! 
 
Then, realizing that his arm was s around my waist, I pushed him away quickly, causing him to stumble back. 
 
"Oh ! Sorry!" I ran to him again right after I pushed him.
 
"YAH! It really hurts now!", he widened his eyes at me accusingly. 
 
I checked his injured arm before I scoffed at him.
 
"Hey, you were the one who said that you could walk already, so why do you still have your arm around my waist instead when I actually offered you my shoulder?"
 
"YAH! Are you talking back at me? I'm your oppa you know?"
 
"Yes I am! So what?", I made a face.
 
"YAH! You are so going to pay for this, Wendy-ssi!", Mark began to chase me and just as I took off, I hit on someone near the door. 
 
I faced up to find Jackson narrowing his eyes at me. 
 
"Now now now. Look who's the monkey now! Running around in a hospital ward? Wow, just WOW", he clapped his hands with sarcasm. 
 
"If I were a monkey, you are the king of chimpanzees!", I snorted back at him.
 
"YAH YOU!"
 
"WHAT?"
 
"Guys, stop it", JB summoned. 
 
Jr then came in between to stop us from bickering. 
 
"HMPH! You are no better than Heo Youngji!", he folded his arms around his chest and pouted. 
 
Ignoring him, I placed my attention on the five others boys who have just entered. 
 
"O, you guys are still here?"
 
"Yes noona! Did we spoil your time with Mark hyung?", Bambam stuck out his tongue at me. 
 
Oh boy, now even the maknae dare to tease me. He must have picked this up from that monkey! 
 
"Anyway, we overheard your conversation with hyung just now", Jr said.
 
"And we thought that it was indeed rude for you to talk back at hyung. At least, that's what we believe in Korea", Youngjae added. 
 
"So, we came up with a verdict that you shall deserve a punishment!", Yugyeom act as though he was waving a wand and granting Mark a wish. 
 
Mark laughed heartily at their words and shrugged his shoulders at me. 
 
"Looks like I'm left with no choice. They've got my back!"
 
"And so, ahem. Wendy Loh shall stay as Mark hyung's servant all the way until he recovers", JB read the verdict to me. 
 
"And now my boys, come to me", Mark cheered happily and the six boys went into his embrace. 
 
Oh boy, cry me a river. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, go and buy us some snacks now."
 
"Yes sir, your wish is my command."
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note: 
 
Good news? Jin will be back in the next chapter! And how's this chapter anyway? I hope that it's not boring you... 
 
Please leave me some comments on how you think about my story 'cos I really need to know how is it going! Thank you so much! 
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: