Chapter 18: Nemo & Dory

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

Standing before me now is one of the largest underground shopping mall in Asia. Coex mall.

 
Woah, I mumbled to myself.
 
As I was still taking in the beauty of the infrastructure, someone approached me from the back and placed a cap on my head. 
 
I turned and looked up, only to face a guy who was wearing a cap and shades, staring straight into my eyes. I jumped back in fright but fortunately, he caught me just in time. 
 
"Careful, Wendy-ssi!", he warned as he caught my arms. 
 
OMO! He even know my name! 
 
He supported me back to my original standing position. 
 
"I knew that you will just come out like this! You may not be used to this yet but it's safer to come out looking like me. You will need this again the next time", he pointed to the cap and said to me. 
 
On closer look, I realized that it was Jin. I couldn't believe that I almost not recognize him. 
 
"Oppa! You scare me right there!", I punched his arm lightly. "Since you are here already, let's enter!", I chirped. 
 
-
-
-
 
"What? You aren't here to shop but for this?", he asked, a little uncertain on what was I thinking. 
 
I nodded my head enthusiastically and began dragging him in. 
 
"2 tickets for adults please!"
 
We got our tickets from the ticketing counter and finally began our adventure there. 
 
The Coex Aquarium, which opened in 2000, is situated at Samseong-dong COEX Mall and is home to 40,000 marine creatures from 650 different species. As the largest marine theme park in Korea, COEX Aquarium showcases the incredible diversity of aquatic life around the globe across a series of 14 themed discovery zones, from the heights of the Andean mountains to the depths of the Amazonian rainforest, in ecosystems ranging from rivers and swamps to the deep sea.
 
I am so glad that I'm finally here! It has always been a place I want to visit in Korea, just like how I adore the Underwater World and Sea Aquarium back in Singapore. It gives me peace and serenity. 
 
Printing my face on the glass panel, I closed my eyes peacefully and enjoyed the moment. I was so mesmerized by the different species of marine creatures which were roaming around in the water and I felt as though I was swimming along with them. Subsequently, Jin appeared from the back, placing his hands over my ears. He then whispered to me softly, "Hope that this helps."
 
I smiled at his action and thank him. 
 
-
-
-
 
"Oppa! Ppali! Yeo-gi!", I tossed him my phone and signaled him to take a picture of the stingray and I. He took a few pictures for me and as we were about to leave, an American couple walked to us. 
 
"Hi, do you two wanna take a picture together as well? 'Cos we can help you!", the lady gave us a friendly smile. 
 
I looked at Jin and we both responded at that same time. 
 
"Sure, that would be great!" 
 
We had the aquarium as our background and we just stood next to each other awkwardly, not knowing what pose to do. 
 
"Hey, you guys might wanna come closer a little bit! Maybe you can hug or hold on to your girlfriend?", the American guy suggested to Jin. 
 
I was about to tell him that we weren't a couple when Jin suddenly placed his arms over my waist for an intimate shot. Shocked, I looked at Jin immediately, but he was staring straight at the camera. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, ppali look at the camera!", I heard him say. 
 
To avoid wasting the couple's time, I quickly did what I was told.
 
"Yea! That's right! And we are done! Hope that you guys will have a great day ahead!", the couple then passed me my phone and waved goodbye to us. 
 
"Same to you guys!", Jin said to them while holding on to my hands. When he realized that I was giving him a perplexed look, he let it go instantly. 
 
"Sorry for making you feel uneasy earlier on", he apologized gingerly. 
 
"It's alright", I pushed some hair behind my ear and walked towards the direction of the souvenir shop as he followed my steps behind.  
 
Why did my hand feel so warm and comfortable when he was holding on to me just now? I felt for my chest too. And why is my heart beating so fast? And when I recalled the moment when his arms were around my waist, I started blushing. 
 
Am I in love? I asked myself. 
 
Oh nonono! I tried to shake my thoughts off. Jin is only an oppa to me and I'm behaving like this because I'm still not being used to having idols as my friends, I used this excuse to convince myself. 
 
Then, walking straight, my eyes met a small little clownfish keychain. 
 
"You like it?", he asked. 
 
I took the keychain from the stand and waved it in front of my eyes.
 
"Of course I do. It's soooo cute, isn't it?"
 
-
-
-
 
JIN'S POV
 
Trailing behind her, I can't help myself from thinking about what happened just now. 
 
Her hands fit nicely into mine I realized, and the feeling she gave me was just so warm and pleasant. 
 
I studied every actions of hers under my watchful eye. 
 
She had her eyes fixated on a clownfish keychain hanging on the stand now. 
 
Taking a step towards her, I asked.
 
"You like it?"
 
She then behaved like a little kid as she removed the keychain from the stand carefully and waved it in front her eyes.
 
"Of course I do. It's soooo cute, isn't it?", she replied. 
 
Seeing her happy makes me happy too. Grabbing the keychain from her hands, I led her to the cashier and paid it for her.
 
"Oppa! An-dwae! You can't pay for me anymore! You already paid for our tickets!", she nagged. 
 
I waved her off and proceeded to the exit when she called on to me.
 
"Oppa, wait! Let me get something else first!", she shouted and ran back into the store.
 
She soon came out with another plastic bag in her hands and she handed it to me. 
 
"What's this?", my eyes twinkled at it.
 
Taking out the thing from the bag, I realized that it's a Doryfish keychain. 
 
"This is a Doryfish to symbolize you. You are always like a great friend to me, just like how Dory is always around Nemo! I know this sounds cheesy but I truly mean what I say deep down from the bottom of my heart", she smiled and explained while placing out two keychains together.
 
"And this is to thank you for everything you have done for me! Jeongmal gamsahabinida, Oppa~"
 
I was rather touched by her words, but at the same time, I felt a little disheartened. 
 
Does that mean that she only sees me as a good friend? Am I being friend zoned just like this? 
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV 
 
Jin and I then spent the rest of the day enjoying some street food along Myeongdong Street and now we were already on our way back on the bus. 
 
We have chose to use public transport for today as Jin missed the feeling a lot, so I decided follow suit. We were well disguised anyway, so no worries. 
 
"Do you have any questions for me?", Jin asked out of a sudden, as if reading my mind. 
 
I have yet to ask him about last night's events and I was about to do so when he brought it up himself. 
 
"Right", I cleared my throat. 
 
"Can you narrate to me as to what happened after I got drunk last night?"
 
He cackled with laughter when he heard me. 
 
"You sure you wanna hear about it?"
 
I nodded, although I was still kind of doubtful about it. 
 
He then went on and on depicting each and every humiliating moments of mine and I covered my eyes, mortified. 
 
I can't believe that I actually said those stuffs. 
 
"I don't like you..."
 
"You are not my special idol anymore..."
 
"I don't want to be your special fan anymore..."
 
"I like Jin oppa more now..."
 
He continued mimicking. It seemed like he especially adore the last sentence as he kept teasing me about it.
 
As for me, I guess that I must have been really mad at Mark yesterday, and he must have heard the same things too, such that he even asked me if I was holding any grudges towards him about meeting up with Wendy Wang this morning. 
 
"Oppa, stop it already. This is so embarrassing and I really regret asking you about it...", I said weakly and shook my head nonstop. 
 
He noticed my ashamed look and stopped right away. 
 
"Anyway, you were lucky to have met an oppa like me to carry you all the way back man! You are heavy you know!"
 
Oh! My eyes widened at his words. I forgot to ask about that! 
 
"Then how did Mark oppa came into the picture as well? I was told that he carried me back to the dorm?", I turned to him and asked.
 
He kept quiet. 
 
"Oppa?"
 
"Actually, I only carried you all the way to the entrance of JYPE as I wasn't allowed to enter. I then met Mark and he took over from there...", he explained. 
 
Oh, so that's how it happened...
 
"Alright, enough questions for the day, and now it's time for me to rest!" 
 
With that, Jin rested his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes as I watched silently. 
 
-
-
-
 
Earlier at the cafe.
 
MARK'S POV
 
After Wendy left, I continued my conversation with WendyW.
 
That was when she started asking me  strange questions.
 
"Mark, is that Wendy your girlfriend?"
 
"No", I answered truthfully.
 
"Then why did you bring her here?", she continued interrogating. 
 
I wasn't really sure of it myself though but it seemed like I just wanted to prove something. But what?
 
"She's my special fan actually", I answered with this anyway. 
 
Placing down her utensils, WendyW gave me a solemn look. 
 
"Mark, you have changed."
 
"What?", I questioned, taken about by her sudden comment. 
 
"You are not like this previously! You have never ever bring your fellow GOT7 members to meet me and now you are, bringing an unknown girl, or so called 'your special fan' to dine with us? She was totally intruding into our privacy!", she argued. 
 
I could tell how irritated she was and it seemed like she had been controlling her anger all along until she finally exploded now. 
 
"Look WendyW, you are my special friend and Wendy-ssi is my special fan. I just wanted the two special people in my life to meet each other! That's all! I didn't know that you will think so much about it...", I tried to explain but I think I added oil to the fire. 
 
"Mark, you are being unreasonable."
 
This sentence of hers got me fired up now.
 
"Come on, WendyW, you were the one who brought this up first. I thought this was more of a catch-up session after not meeting for years, but I see no reason to it now."
 
With that, I grabbed my jacket and left the cafe.
 
I heard her yelling at me just before the door closed.
 
"MARK TUAN YOU IDIOT! YOU THINK I CAME ALL THE WAY HERE TO SEOUL JUST TO CATCH UP WITH YOU?!"
 
-
-
-
 
Back at JYPE, I met the boys at our practice room. As there was still half an hour more to our training, I decided to check up on how's WendyL doing first. 
 
I searched almost all practice rooms but I didn't see her around. Returning back to our room, I asked the boys.
 
"Does anyone know which room is Wendy-ssi training at?"
 
Bambam looked up at me with excitement.
 
"Oh! Noona's training now? I wanna take a look as well!"
 
"But we don't even know which room she's training at although I would love to crash it...", Youngjae added. 
 
"Yeah, we don't know too", Jr, Yugyeom and JB shrugged their shoulders. 
 
"Training? She's got to be kidding me!", it was then Jackson finally exposed the truth. 
 
"What are you talking about?", JB turned to him. 
 
"She texted me earlier in the morning to ask me to go out with her, telling me that she's bored and have nothing to do for the day! But I just told her that I'm returning to sleep and not to bother me. She's such a slacker, how can she be training now?", Jackson laughed to himself as he spoke. 
 
But, Wendy-ssi. She did tell me that she was called up for an impromptu training... I better check with hyung first. 
 
-
-
-
 
"So, what brings you here Mark?"
 
I am already standing at Park Jinyoung hyung's office and I don't see any sign of Wendy. 
 
"Hyung, aren't you suppose to be having vocal class with Wendy-ssi right now?"
 
He only raised an eyebrow while staring back at me. 
 
"I don't know why you asked, but I don't have any class with Wendy-ssi today. In fact, she's free all day."
 
She's free all day. I repeated what hyung had just said in my head. 
 
"Is there a problem, Mark?", Jinyoung hyung looked at me with a worried face. 
 
"No, nothing actually. I better get going. Sorry for the time hyung!", I said before closing the door behind me.
 
I don't get it. 
 
Why did Wendy lie to me?
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note:
 
Differentiated the two Wendys with Wendy Wang being WendyW. Hope that this helps! Thanks for reading! 
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: