Chapter 17: Wendy, meet Wendy.

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

I woke up the next morning with a throbbing headache. Tossing and turning around, I realized that I was actually tucked in my bed. 

 
But it shouldn't have been the case. 
 
I clearly recalled that I was spending the night with Jin at a remote stall. The only other memory I had was that I kept drinking soju, one glass after another. Unless...
 
I shot upright from my bed. 
 
Was I drunk last night? 
 
At that juncture, the door opened and both Yerin and Jimin barged in. 
 
"Unnie! Are you sober now? Can you share with us the details now?", both of them exclaimed simultaneously. 
 
"Mwo-ya?", I asked, while I squinted my eyes from the blinding morning beam and massaged my temples. 
 
"Omo, so you are trying to play dumb now? Spill it all out! Why did Mark oppa ended up bridal carrying you all the way back to our dorm?", Jimin demanded. 
 
"WHAT?!" I hollered. 
 
How could that be? I clearly remembered spending the night with Jin only. Since when did Mark came into the picture?
 
"Are you sure about this? Mark oppa carried me back to the dorm and not someone else?! 'Cos I don't remember going out with him at all...", I gave them a dubious look. 
 
"Who were you expecting then?", Yerin asked.
 
"Jin oppa?", I mumbled softly while playing with my fingers. 
 
"What?! So you were out with not only one guy, but two?! Unnie, you are really something!", Jimin squeaked and pushed my shoulder lightly. 
 
WHAT THE...
 
"Wait. Wait. Wait", I held up my hand to stop them from their small little discussion. 
 
"So... You guys are telling me that it was REALLY Mark oppa who carried me back? No joking here, I'm being SERIOUS."
 
They nodded and smiled broadly. 
 
Oh god. Oh god. What have I just got myself into. I buried my face into my hands immediately, hot from embarrassment. 
 
I chased Yerin and Jimin out of my room, and sat on my bed, wanting to take some time to digest everything and cool down. 
 
Breathe in, breathe out. Inhale, exhale. 
 
Chillax Wendy, I pumped on my chest. 
 
Just then, Jimin called at the top of her voice from outside.
 
"Unnie! Mark oppa is here to see you!"
 
Damn it.
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV
 
I closed the door behind me gently as I leave the room. The others were still sleeping soundly as they were all entirely drained from the training yesterday and I didn't want to wake them up this early. 
 
Walking to the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee, I was surprised to meet JB. 
 
"Why are you up this early?"
 
"Same question to you bro", I said to him. 
 
"I've got a meeting with Jinyoung hyung later regarding our Japan debut. Now you, answer my question", he narrowed his eyes at me.
 
I took a sip of coffee before answering. 
 
"Erm, I'm meeting Wendy for breakfast later."
 
He raised an eyebrow.
 
"So fast? Aaaaa~ Now I finally get it as to why you volunteered yourself to send over Jackson's stuffs the other time. You wanted to meet Wendy-ssi right?", JB laughed. 
 
I swallowed my saliva. 
 
"Err... No. I'm actually meeting Wendy    Wang. Remember? My friend from LA?"
 
He looked up at me.
 
"Oh. That Wendy",  he then mouthed awkwardly. 
 
His ex-girlfriend, I heard him hissed under his breath. 
 
"Yea..."
 
We remained silent for a while until he spoke again. 
 
"Anyway, how's our Wendy-ssi doing? I heard that you saved her from her drunken state last night."
 
That. It wasn't entirely my effort though. Jin actually did most of job by carrying her all the way back to JYP Entertainment. I only took over when I met them outside while walking back with Wendy. I don't know why but I just felt that it was inappropriate for Jin to stay too close to her and it kind of bothered me when I see them together. 
 
I scratched the back of my head.
 
"Ok you know what JB, I think I'm going to check up on her now."
 
With that, I left our dorm swiftly and knocked on 15&'s dorm which was directly opposite ours.
 
"Oppa, is there a problem?", Jimin came to open the door.
 
"Is Wendy-ssi still sleeping?"
 
Jimin giggled at my question.
 
"Oooooo... No wonder... Only unnie can bring you here..."
 
Before I can retort, Jimin was already yelling across the dorm. 
 
"Unnie! Mark oppa is here to see you!", she yelled. 
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
We are now back at the rooftop again, probably for another session of heart to heart talk. I looked at the ground nervously throughout the entire time, as I still could not get over the embarrassing moment of Mark having to carry me back to the dorm last night. More to more, in BRIDAL STYLE.
 
"Sorry and thank you for yesterday."
"How are you feeling?"
 
Both of us happened to speak concurrently. 
 
"You go first."
"You go first."
 
Again, we both said. 
 
"Ladies first." Mark then finally took the chance to say before me.
 
"Errrr..", I cleared my throat,
 
"I guess I'm quite heavy yesterday uh... I'm sorry for causing the trouble...", I bit into my lower lip and took a glance at him anxiously. 
 
He only cracked up at my words.
 
"Hey, it's not funny!", I punched his shoulder lightly. 
 
"Or did I blurt out anything weird last night?", I suddenly thought of it and asked with widened eyes and gaping mouth. 
 
He did not reply straight and he just stood there for a moment. 
 
Oh god. He is even thinking now. That means that I did say something weird. Aishhh.
 
Pressing his fingers underneath his chin, he finally responded. 
 
"Hmm... I will just ask you a question instead. Are you still holding grudges over me for meeting up with Wendy?" 
 
Not again. Why does he have to bring up this topic again? But wait, this gives me an idea. 
 
"Hold on for a while, let me do something first", I said while I meddled with my phone secretly inside my pocket.
 
Mark's phone rang just in time and as he took out his phone, I quickly reached over and took a peek at it. 
 
"Lol why are you calling me?"
 
"Nothing, I exactly pressed on the wrong number", I replied and turned back quickly. 
 
How in the world...
 
Did I see it wrongly the other time? 
 
His phone's wallpaper is now a picture of his doll from 'Dreamknight'.
 
"Who were you planning to call then?"
 
"Jin oppa!", his name suddenly came into my mind. It's kind of true though, I was going to call him soon regarding yesterday, but just not now.
 
"I was going to text him actually, but I accidentally clicked on your number in the contacts...", I lied to Mark.
 
From the corner of my eyes, I did notice the frown on his face once I mentioned Jin's name. 
 
"Are you free now?", he continued asking anyway. 
 
I nodded. 
 
"Alright, then come with me", he grabbed my hands unexpectedly. 
 
-
-
-
 
Soon after, we arrived at a cafe. 
 
As Mark pushed open the door, a girl who was seated at the front table stood up and gestured for him to go over.
 
It's her. I recognize her.
 
"Hey Wendy, meet Wendy! And Wendy-ssi, meet Wendy too! Hahaha", Mark chuckled as he introduced us to each other. 
 
"Hi", I gave an awkward smile and lifted up my palm.
 
-
-
-
 
Oh gosh, please save me from hell. 
 
Mark and Wendy have spent hours in catching up and I was just sitting in. I am so not interested in Wendy's side of story and I have no idea why Mark even brought me here. Their conversation was way enough for my report today and the longer I stayed, the more guilty I feel towards Mark as all these information will eventually reach Jinyoung hyung. Somehow, I  could feel that Wendy didn't like my presence as well.
 
I was already into my third bowl of pat bing soo, and I'm dying of boredom here. Pretending to listen to their conversation when I was actually scrolling through my list of contacts on my phone, I sent a text to Jackson. 
 
His reply was prompt.
 
From: Jackson
 
Sorry girl, spare me from it. Let me catch up on my sleep... 
 
I pouted at his reply. Why did I even thought of asking this favour from him in the first place? 
 
I continued scrolling and I soon stopped at his name. 
 
Right. 
 
Jin oppa. Just nice that I have some questions to ask him too. 
 
I texted him quickly and it took him a minute to reply.
 
From: Jin oppa
 
Hi Wendy-ssi. It's great to hear from you again! Are you sure that you are all sober to hang out with me again? XD Where are you now? I will meet you in a jiffy after I settle some stuffs with the boys. 
 
I smiled at his reply and gave him information on where to meet and all before I started excusing myself from the two. 
 
They finally stopped talking when they saw me standing up from my chair. 
 
"Oppa, Wendy. Sorry but I have some things coming up and I guess I will make a move first", I said to them. 
 
Just as I was about to leave, Mark grabbed hold of my hand once again. 
 
"I thought you told me that you were free for the day?"
 
"Erm, I just received a text from Jinyoung hyung saying that he had arranged a vocal class for me, so I will have to head back to JYPE now", l lied shamelessly. 
 
"Oh I see. See you back at the dorm then!", he let go of my hand. 
 
Stepping out of the cafe, I heaved a sigh of relief. Finally, I'm freed! I swear that I'm not going anywhere with Mark anymore as long as Wendy Wang is present. 
 
In high spirits, I then skipped to the venue that Jin and I are going to meet at.
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note:
 
Ah, I know I'm being a little draggy in this chapter but please bear with it. At least this was what I have managed to squeeze out from my head for the day. 
 
And thank you all readers, all as in including silent readers! I just realized that my story have reached quite a number of views and I'm so grateful about it! With that, I promise to keep my inspiration coming and make this story a good one!
 
Please help me vote and comment at the same time! :DDDD TY! 
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: