Chapter 16: 난 나가 좋아 I like you

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

"Do drop by here again some other time! Don't you dare forget about us!", Guk Joo unnie and Youngji said as they reached for a hug. 

 
Time really flies, and my 3D2N at the sharehouse ended just like this. We took a group photo and I bowed and exchanged a few words with everyone else before leaving in the same van as Jackson and Mark. 
 
On our journey back, Jackson suddenly brought up a topic which I never thought that he would be curious about. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, did Jin hyung say anything special to you?"
 
Mark also had his eyes on me now once Jackson mentioned about it. 
 
I cleared my throat.
 
"Am I supposed to hear anything special from him?", I acted as though nothing had happened. 
 
When actually the day before...
 
*FLASHBACK* 
 
"Oppa! Here's a towel for you! I think you better clean up your face now or else your fans will be unhappy about what I did to you!", I said as I passed Jin a towel. 
 
He took the towel from my hand and wiped his face thoroughly, but he still missed a few parts. 
 
"Oppa, yeo gi." I said and pointed at the corner of my lips to show him the exact spot he had missed. 
 
"Yeo gi?", he raised his eyebrow and tried to wipe it off but the mud was still there.
 
Giving up, I took hold of the towel in his hands and helped him to wipe it off until he suddenly grabbed my wrist. 
 
I was startled by his sudden grip at first but the next moment almost had my heart stopped beating. 
 
A pair of soft lips landed lightly on my cheeks and it lasted for a mere two seconds before it parted. I looked up only to meet Jin's eyes staring intensely into mine. He gently his hand on my cheek before he kissed me again on my forehead. 
 
This time, I responded quickly by jerking away.
 
"OPPA!"
 
He laid a finger on my lips to shut me up. 
 
"Don't worry, I made sure that no camera was on us and nobody was looking. I just wanted to make sure that my mouth is fully cleaned. Don't forget, you were the one who got me looking like this...", he said before leaving me to join the group. 
 
"Ppali wa~", he hurried me when he saw me standing rooted to the ground still. 
 
*END OF FLASHBACK* 
 
The crimson color of my cheeks turned redder after reminiscing those moments.
 
"Then why are you blushing like this if he didn't say anything to you?", Jackson spoke again. He was smiling so widely that his teeth was showing.
 
This became a moment when I started questioning myself. Why did my heart beat extremely fast at that time? Am I switching my idol bias to Jin already, or was I truly intimidated by him? 
 
Then what about Mark? I took a glance at him. I felt the same way when I fell onto him last morning. Argh, my heart was in total mess now and I tried to shake those thoughts off.
 
Sigh. I shook my head at Jackson.
 
"Nothing happened, really. Stop bothering me Jackson", I paused. 
 
Then taking in a deep breath, I turned to face Mark.
 
"Anyway Mark oppa, can I ask you a question?"
 
He raised an eyebrow at me.
 
"Sure, go ahead."
 
"Why did you set my-"
 
"Hold on for a second, let me answer this call", he fished out his phone from his pocket as it started ringing at that instant.
 
Why did the phone had to ring at the wrong time? It took me a lot of courage to want to ask him this question! 
 
"Hi Wendy."
 
My eyes widened at that name. 
 
Seol ma...
 
"Alright, I will pick you up later after I speak to hyungnim. 5pm right? Ok, bye and see you!", Mark finished off his last few sentences and then hung up.
 
"So, what were you saying?", Mark asked me.
 
My mind totally threw the previous question away as soon as he answered the call, as I became more more conscious and curious about the other person who was on the line. 
 
"Was that Wendy Wang?", I asked instead. 
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV
 
"Was that Wendy Wang?", she was pulling a long face when she asked me. 
 
"Yea." I replied casually as I thought that there was nothing to hide anyway. Wendy Wang might be my ex-girlfriend, but we still remained as good friends now and we do keep in contact. 
 
"O. You still keep in contact with Wendy? I thought you two...", Jackson trailed as he gave me a confused look as well. 
 
"Yes, we did. But we are still friends right? Anyway, she will be arriving here later and I will be fetching her from the airport. Please help me tell JB and Jinyoung hyung about it. I will try my best to be careful with the paparazzi", I replied and turned to fix my gaze on Wendy. 
 
She doesn't look too happy about it, as she had her arms folded around her chest while showing a gloomy look on her face. 
 
I guffawed at her expression and took her face with my hands. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, is this the look of jealousy I'm witnessing?", I asked, which caused to Jackson to titter too. 
 
"Yah yah Wendy-ssi! You are behaving way too obvious! A fan should always let their idol find their own happiness right?", Jackson added, which earned a smack on his head from me right after.
 
These kind of words will only rub salt onto her heart. I understand how fans feel most of the time. More to more, she's my special fan. 
 
I placed my hands on her shoulder. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, you are my special fan right? You will understand right? She's your twin anyway. Wendy. And she's just a special friend of mine", I continued to explain. 
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
I arrived back at 15&'s dorm and I tossed everything onto the floor and laid on my bed. I was drained, both physically and mentally. To be honest, I was quite disappointed in Mark. All along, I have always told myself that there's nothing going on between  Mark and Wendy Wang, except for them being casual friends. But now, it proved otherwise. The way Jackson said it made it sound as though he must have heard a lot about Wendy from Mark, since they have both been roommates for years. 
 
And ewwww... I'm sooooo not her twin! We might share the same name but we are two different people. 
 
Sigh, this is how sad a fan's life is. You can fantasize for all you want but you don't always get what you want. 
 
My phone then vibrated on the table and I reached out for it. 
 
It was a text from Jin. 
 
From: Jin oppa
 
Annyeong Wendy-ssi! Have you reached your dorm? 
 
"Yea." I simply replied. Short and sweet. 
 
It only took him a few seconds to reply me back.
 
From: Jin oppa
 
Are you not feeling well? Do you wanna talk to me about it?
 
What? How did he even know? I thought. And of course I didn't ask him that. I only replied him "nah, it's nothing..."
 
My phone vibrated again.
 
From: Jin oppa
 
Then why are you giving me short replies? :(((( I was actually thinking of asking you out later in the night if you are free... I miss you already <3 
 
I took it that he was joking for the last sentence but I was quite tempted by his suggestion since I have nothing to do for the day, except for having to write my report, or so called "diary". 
 
I gave it a thought and replied him shortly. 
 
To: Jin oppa
 
Sorry for making you feel that way but anyway, I'm cool with the idea. I will meet up with you later then. (:
 
-
-
-
 
JIN'S POV
 
"YAH YAH YAH! Stop drinking already! Just look at you!", I yelled and stopped her as she tried to pour herself another glass of soju. Luckily we were at a stall where there were no youngsters around, or we would have been recognized immediately and could have got into trouble. 
 
It was already her 10th shot and she had totally lost her mind. 
 
Wendy-ssi... I didn't ask you out to drink with me. I thought of it more as a date but look at you now, I thought. 
 
I realized that she had a troubled look on her face and my anger soon went down. Her hand was grasping tightly onto my wrist and she was pleading me profusely.
 
"Oppa... Just o-one more. One m-more sho-t will do... Hic!", she hiccuped as she showed me the 'one' sign with her finger. 
 
How can I even bear to be angry with this girl? 
 
Giving in, I poured another one-quarter glass of soju for her and slowly fed her with it. 
 
"Hic!" 
 
She smiled like a little kid and soon collapsed onto the table. 
 
I reached for a piece of the horrendous looking fish cake which she had kept stabbing on earlier on and studied her expression quietly. 
 
She was half asleep already but she kept mumbling random words. 
 
"I don't like you..."
 
"You are not my special idol anymore..."
 
"I don't want to your special fan anymore..."
 
"I like Jin oppa more now..."
 
Her last sentence made me smile. Whatever things which angered me previously was melted down by her words now. 
 
Then, I settled the bill and carried her carefully on my back. 
 
On our way back to her dorm, I whispered to her, hoping that she would still hear it although she's  sleeping soundly on my back.
 
"Nan niga joh-a."
 
-
-
-
 
I am now in front of JYP Entertainment but I wasn't allowed to enter just like that. Just as I wanted to call Jackson down, I saw a couple approaching me.
 
"What's wrong with Wendy-ssi?" The guy pointed at my back and asked me. 
 
Without waiting for my reply, he took her from my back and carried her on his own. 
 
"Wendy, I will have to go back now, I will see you tomorrow", he said to the girl before looking back at me. 
 
"And thank you for carrying her back." 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note: 
 
Omg, I especially love this chapter and I'm wondering if you guys will feel the same way as I am! This idea suddenly came to me when I was experiencing writer's block. And I'm glad that it came, so I kept writing on and on while it was still in my mind and soon came up with this chapter. 
Do let me know of how you feel about it! (: thanks! 
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: