Chapter 3: Welcome to JYP, or not.

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

So, this is it. 

 
I am standing in front of JYP Entertainment right now. Putting down my shades, I stared at the building in awe. 
 
Oh wait. I can't really see it clearly in this case. I then put on my spectacles.
 
I am going to spend two months here, together with Kpop stars! 
 
"OH MY GOD." I said it in the tone that Jackson from Got7 always does. 
 
"Alright, enough staring Wendy. I would appreciate if you could enter now 'cos I don't wish to cause any commotion from the fans that are gathering outside", Park Jin Young tapped on my shoulder and reminded me. 
 
Oh right. I have always heard online that some fans will wait here day and night in hope of meeting their favourite idols. How lucky really am I now to have been given such chance to come into close contact with the idols. Otherwise, I would have been one of those jostling for space right there with the other fans now. 
 
I dragged my luggage and took my very first step into JYP Entertainment. 
 
Hmm... The air in here is soooooo freshhhhh. 
 
"Wendy, I am going back to my office to settle some a paperwork right now. In the meantime, feel free to roam around and I will meet you at the showcase room at 11am for your introduction,", Park Jin Young told me and he left hastily.
 
I looked at my watch. It's 10am sharp, so I will have 1 hour to familiarize this place for now. 
 
I was about to explore when someone stopped me. 
 
To my surprise, it was BoA! 
 
"OH MY G-"
 
"Ya Ya Ya! Quieten down, you! I know you can't contain your excitement in seeing us but I don't really want to see you reacting this way whenever you see each artist. It's really funny. Jin Young oppa told me about you. Before you get moving, set your luggage down. You wouldn't want to carry this all around right?", BoA laughed and smiled at me. Her smile is really beautiful. 
 
"YES MADAM! I mean BoA! Oh sorry, I mean UNNIE!", I stuttered in my very first conversation with her. 
 
You know, Singaporeans like me aren't really used to their way of language.
 
BoA patted on my shoulder to show understanding for my case and waved me away to explore on my own now. 
 
-
-
-
 
As I was walking along the corridor, I could notice people staring at me already. I smiled at them and they threw me a fake smile. 
 
I could tell right away. Don't forget the fact that I'm an aspiring to-be physiotherapist. To me, those masseter muscles of theirs do not really seem to be in maximum function and I was actually tempted to get them to do MMT (manual muscle testing). But well, at least they tried to smile at me. 
 
At least they tried. 
 
I continued walking and just then, I realized a group of fashionistas walking towards my direction. 
 
It was Miss A and Got7!!! 
 
I quickly turned back and blinked my eyes frantically. 
 
They are coming, they are coming! 
 
Even though Korea is in their winter, I could already feel beads of perspiration trickling down my forehead. 
 
I could hear their steps drawing nearer and nearer.
 
I took a deep breath and turned back to face them. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo!", I bowed and greeted them all together. 
 
Suzy gave me a soft smile and a quick reply of "Annyeong!" before walking past me. 
 
Whereas on the other hand, I could see Min glaring at me while Fei and Jia were in their own conversation. 
 
I heard a little of it, enough to realize what they really meant as they walked past me. 
 
"她不就是那个新人吗?听说她根本什么都不会。唱歌和跳舞都不行,真搞不懂老大怎么会把她给找来。。。(Isn't she the new trainee? I heard that she have no talent at all. She can't even sing and dance! I can't figure out why would Park Jin Young take her in...) ”, I could see Jia whispering into Fei's ear in Mandarin. Fei then nodded in agreement to her words. 
 
Honestly speaking, I showed a little disappointment to her words but what happened after crushed me even more. 
 
Got7 were the ones approaching now and one by one, they bowed, smiled and walked past me. Bambam was so cute that he even winked at me. However, right when they passed me, I heard something again. 
 
"I bet 50,000 won that she can't survive here long! With all the hell that we might be giving her later on, she's doomed!", he spoke in English to another person. 
 
I can recognize that voice. 
 
The deep yet soothing voice to me. 
 
It was Mark. Mark Tuan. 
 
-
-
-
 
 
We were now all gathered at the showcase room, preparing for my introduction to the fellow JYP artists. 
 
I could see more people coming in now, like 2pm2am oppas, 15&'s Jimin and Yerin, JYP staff as well as Miss A and Got7 whom I have met earlier on. 
 
Park Jin Young was standing beside me and he was testing the mic. 
 
"Mic test 1,2,3. Good morning everyone, welcome back. It has been quite long since we had a company meeting. Before I begin with serious matters, I would like to introduce someone. Today, I am glad to be standing here, alongside with our new Trainee, Wendy. She will be joining us along in the JYP family and I hope that everyone will give her a warm welcome", Park Jin Young grinned at me and then passed me the mic. 
 
I waited for everyone to stop clapping before I begin. 
 
"Annnyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun Wendy-ibnida", I greeted everyone in Korean and I paused for awhile. 
 
I took a deep breath as I was feeling exceptionally nervous to be facing everyone now. 
 
Ok, let's try this again, I told myself. 
 
"Good morning everybody, my name is Wendy. Sorry that I don't really know how to speak Korean, so I will do this in English first."
 
At that moment, I did noticed that Mark and Jackson flinched a little.
 
"I am 21 years old this year and I am from Singapore. I am really honored to be chosen to work alongside with all of you. I do admit that I'm not really strong in singing and I can't really dance but I promise. I promise that I will do my best to fit in here."
 
After which, I repeated whatever I have just said in Mandarin. 
 
I ended off with,"谢谢,请多多指教 (Thank you and please guide me along the way), and I could see Fei and Jia widening their eyes at me. They seemed really shocked to see me speaking in Mandarin as that would mean that I actually understood what they talking about me just now. 
 
And yes I did. 
 
However, my sight is now concentrated on Mark and Jackson. I am extremely disappointed that they somehow had the same thoughts as the others. How innocent of me to have thought that they would thought otherwise about me. I was already prepared to face this kind of situation when my mum first warned me about it. 
 
"I'm afraid that you will not be able to fit in. You can't really sing, dance and speak Korean. What will people think of you once you reach there?", those words were now ringing again and again in my head. 
 
Are these the reactions that hyung had expected? 
 
Mark and Jackson were also looking at me. Their eyes felt sorry for me. 
 
Park Jin Young then continued on to speak about some of the upcoming projects and company issues to everyone. 
 
Shortly after, the meeting ended. The crowd started dispersing. Just as I was about to walk towards Park Jin Young, someone grabbed onto my right arm. 
 
"Hey wait! Let's talk outside", he called on to me.