Chapter 14: Roommate 2

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

"Annyeong!", he flashed the same dazzling and handsome smile yet again. 

 
He then bowed and greeted everyone politely before turning to wave at me.
 
"Annyeong, Wendy-ssi."
 
"Oh Jin, you guys know each other already?", Guk Joo unnie questioned, sounding rather astounded. 
 
"You wouldn't want to know how dramatic was their first meeting", Jackson commented and chuckled to himself while I gave him a "you better shut up" glare.
 
"Well everyone, let's not crowd  around here. We should all proceed on to the more spacious living room for the proper introduction now", Seho oppa clapped his hands to get our attention.
 
Soon, everyone was sprawled around the sofa and some on the floor. I volunteered to go first in the self introduction and I stood up in front of everyone else. 
 
"Alright, go ahead girl", Joonhyung oppa told me. 
 
I pushed the strands of hair behind my ear and faced everyone shyly. 
 
"Annnyeonghaseyo! Joneun Wendy ibnida!", I paused and took a deep breath.
 
"And I'm a new trainee from JYP Entertainment. Nice to meet all of you and please take good care of me for the next three days here!"
 
"YEAH! JYP FAMILY!", Joonhyung oppa and Jackson jumped out all of a sudden. They placed their arms around my shoulder and we began hopping round and round and round. Jackson even did his martial arts trick as a celebratory moment. 
 
Next up, Jin was down for the intro. The unnies gaped at him and they all looked as if they were going to drool. He finished off stunningly by having a mini free hug session. It was so funny as Guk Joo unnie was the first to collapse into his waiting arms while everyone gawked in horror. The guys then began to stack on top of one another subsequently, and Jin soon signaled to me to pass him a tissue to represent a white cloth used in surrendering. 
 
We had so much fun for the second half of the day with some bonding games and small chats. We even had barbecue at night. Guk Joo unnie's grill, which she had specially brought from her home was really awesome and I ate till I dropped. Youngji and I were then persuaded to have a small competition over who would be able to fit the most number of lettuce into our mouth and guess what?
 
I won! 
 
Joonhyung oppa held my hand up in victory and the rest started applauding. 
 
"Yah Wendy-ssi! This is not something to be proud of! Ah, you are truly embarrassing! Better not tell people that I was the one who brought you here...", Jackson covered his eyes and shook his head in agony. 
 
"You just did! HAHAHAHA jinjya Babo-ya!", Youngji defended me and gave her signature silent laughter. 
 
And the two began their bickering session once again...
 
Throughout the meal, I noticed that Jin kept glancing over to my side and I just smiled at him occasionally when I meet his eyes. I could sense that he wanted to say something to me but there just wasn't any chance. Everyone was heated up in the conversation and we, as two newbies into the show didn't really get to talk much other than laughing along with the rest if anyone said something funny. 
 
"Ok attention all!", Joonhyung oppa stood up from his chair. 
 
"Just to let you all know, most of us will be heading towards a mudflat at Ganghwa-do island as a family outing tomorrow morning. So, I strongly  advise all of you to have a good night sleep today! Now, let's consider us done for the day! Everyone, lets start cleaning up and head back to our rooms to sleep soon!", he ordered. 
 
Everyone then started getting up onto their feet and I left with Guk Joo unnie and Youngji back to their room. As Nana will be leaving for a schedule soon, I will be using her bed for the night. 
 
Guk Joo unnie, Youngji and I were washing up when Guk Joo unnie suddenly came up with an idea. We were soon up to our mischiefs when we stood in front of the camera one by one and then as a trio, trying to act as though we were in a commercial for a facial wash. I was totally in it just a few hours into my debut on a variety show.
 
After moments of giggling and fooling around, we finally settled down on the bed in a circle for a short girls' talk. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, have you dated before?", Guk Joo unnie cut to the chase. 
 
"Nope", I replied without even thinking as it was a fact and I have nothing to hide. 
 
"What about you unnie?", I asked, after pondering for a while as to what else I should say. 
 
She continued to stay silent, which made me realize that I have probably asked a sensitive question. I looked at Youngji for help but she just bit her lips, not knowing how to respond as well. 
 
Ah, I'm no good on television. My mouth will blabber the wrong things. 
 
"Sorry unnie, please ignore my question. I was just being too nosy", I shook her hands slightly. 
 
However, Guk Joo unnie felt for my hands again and patted them. 
 
"Don't worry. It's just that I thought you knew. Hahahaha. Alright, just for this friend here today, I shall stay honest with everyone again."
 
As her face looked so serious, I shook my head at her immediately and my eyes warned her to say no more as I was afraid that it might ruin her reputation. 
 
Nonetheless, Guk Joo unnie cleared and spoke.
 
"I have once mentioned this on 'Taxi' before and I shall do it again here. I really dated an idol for two years before although my friends thought that I was a mythomaniac. He was only a trainee back then and I could still remember that we dated for a total of 660 days. However, we still managed to maintain a noona-dongsaeng relationship up till now after the breakup. I don't see what's wrong with revealing this. This special friend of mine is actually the guest I have invited for today."
 
My mouth gaped open as I tried to process what unnie had just said. From Youngji's expression, I could tell that she was equally mind blown as I am. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, why don't you start considering Jin now? Since you are still single and I would say that he's actually a great choice. You two will really make a cute couple based on what I have observed today! And stop sticking around Jackson 'cos he belongs to Youngji! They will be getting married soon from all their bickering! " Guk Joo unnie could still wink and joke with us at this moment, making us blush.
 
-
-
-
 
At the guys' room...
 
JACKSON'S POV
 
Kangjoon hyung had a schedule later on in the night, so Jin hyung was arranged to share the same room as me. 
 
Noticing how he had behaved around Wendy just now and previously, I wanted to make some things clear secretly. 
 
Out of curiosity, I asked him.
 
"Hyung, do you like Wendy-ssi?"
 
He raised an eyebrow at me upon hearing my question. 
 
Then, after thinking for a while, he nodded his head. 
 
"Yeah, she is quite lovable. That's a matter of fact right? Don't you too?", he said and asked me back, but the look he was giving me was not really convincing. Probably not exactly the answer I was looking out for.
 
Anyway, since we were on a show, I dare not pressurize him too much in telling me more and we turned in after a few minutes of random chat of our idol life.
 
As I wiggled around in my bed, my phone suddenly vibrated. 
 
My eyes widened as I read the message and my lips soon curled up into a big grin.
 
From: Jin hyung
 
YES JACKSON, I know that you are extremely curious but I can't possibly announce to the whole world right now that I do like Wendy-ssi?! So this is the only way I'm delivering it to you. I admit that I do have a special feeling for her but I want to take it slow first as we just met each other recently. I don't want to scare her off just so soon. So now, will you stop tossing and turning around in your bed? I can't fall asleep like this! And by any chance you like her too? 
 
-
-
-  
 
Back at GOT7's dorm...
 
MARK'S POV
 
I was still unable to go to sleep yet as I'm just not used to Jackson not being around. Jackson have been my roommate through these years and the fact that he is always not around lately due to additional schedule bothered me a lot. 
 
I took my phone from the desk and starting scrolling through my Instagram to eliminate the boredom. 
 
jacksonwang852jy mentioned you in a comment. 
 
"Hahahaha, I found a new bunch of brothers at Roommate today! Didn't miss you guys at all! 3" 
 
The post read. 
 
I peered at the photo and my eyes widened. 
 
Aren't they The Bangtan Boys? 
 
I studied the picture again and my attention went to one person. 
 
Jin.
 
Does that mean that he's also in Roommate now? Along with Wendy-ssi?
 
I wasn't too sure why my hands were shaking suddenly and I decided to head to the kitchen for a glass of water to cool myself down. 
 
As I headed out of my room, I saw JB talking on the phone. He sighed as he  hung up. 
 
"What's wrong?", I asked. 
 
"Jackson-a is really troublesome! He just called me to bring him some extra undies now as they are just told that they are going to a mudflat tomorrow morning. Not only that, he wants me to bring extra shirts for Jin hyung as well!"
 
"J-Jin?", I almost choked.
 
He nodded. 
 
As I lowered the cup from my mouth, a thought, as swift as a sunbird, winged through my head. 
 
"I'll do it. I'll bring him the stuffs now."
 
-
-
-
 
JACKSON'S POV 
 
"Hajima hajima haji haji hajima~"
 
My phone was ringing.
 
I squinted my eyes and looked at the time. 
 
It was 2am in the morning and who could be calling at this time? 
 
I picked up the call unwillingly, only to be greeted by a growl.
 
"Yah Jackson! Ppali open up the door! I'm freezing outside!"
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note:
 
The chapter might not be as good as the others cos I felt as though I was trying to squeeze everything into it. I hope it that it doesn't bore you though... I promise that the next one will be better! (: 
 
Don't forget to help me vote and comment if you enjoy the story! 
 
감사합니다! :D 
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: