Chapter 27: Be my Peter Pan

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

"Oppa, wait", I pulled onto Mark's sleeve, causing him to stop in his tracks. 

 
Holding out my phone at the front, I checked my appearance to make sure that I was presentable. 
 
I am going to meet Mark's parents in a few minutes time and the last thing that I want is to leave them with a bad impression. 
 
"I didn't know that you were so self conscious", Mark laughed.
 
He pulled me towards him, with his arm wrapped around my waist and his cheeks placed against mine.
 
"Hana, dul, set. CHEESE!"
 
He counted and tapped on my phone's screen. 
 
A selca of us soon appeared and it was only then that I realized he made use of that moment to kiss me on my cheeks.
 
"YAH OPPA!", I punched him lightly on his chest but he managed to grasp my hand. 
 
Intertwining his hand with mine, Mark flashed me a grin. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, stop worrying. You look perfectly fine and I'm sure that my parents will love you. See, look at our picture", he pointed at the screen,
 
"We look soooooo cute together!"
 
I chuckled at his comment and nodded my head approvingly. 
 
The shot was rather candid and indeed, I love it a lot. This was the very first time Mark and I shared a selca. 
 
"Alright, let's go in now. I don't want to keep your parents waiting", I said. 
 
With that, he led me into the restaurant. 
 
I noticed the waiters and waitresses staring at us when we got in. It was probably due to the fact that we were both kind of overdressed in order to form as a disguise for us. 
 
Nonetheless, a waiter soon approached us shortly. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo, can I help you?"
 
"I'm looking for a table reserved under the Tuan family", Mark answered.
 
"Ok, this way please", the waiter directed us and brought us to a VIP room. 
 
As he opened the door, I saw a lovely couple sitting in their seats, awaiting our entrance.
 
"Daddy! Mummy!", Mark's eyes beamed with joy when he saw his parents and he immediately forward to give them a hug. 
 
As the waiter closed the door behind him, I stepped forward as well.
 
"Hello Papa and Mama Tuan. I'm Wendy", I bowed sincerely and greeted them. 
 
"And she's my girlfriend", Mark added proudly and came back to my side.
 
However, the two of them seemed rather shocked by my greetings. 
 
"Omo, what did you just called us?", Papa Tuan asked.
 
Oh! Damn it. Ahhhh. I should have addressed them by Uncle and Aunty! I can't believe that I just let that slipped out of my mouth. 
 
I immediately bowed once again.
 
"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be rude Uncle, Aunty!"
 
"Raymond, stop playing around with her", Mama Tuan then nudged Papa Tuan.
 
Papa Tuan only burst into laughter and gestured for Mark and I to come and settle down.
 
"Oh no no, you guys misunderstood what I have meant. I always love it when IGOT7s address me by Papa Tuan, but I'm just surprised that you do know of this as well", he gave me a bright smile.
 
Phew... Luckily that was what he actually meant.
 
"Oh dad, there's actually one thing that you are unaware of... This girl here is actually my special-"
 
Before Mark could let that word out, I placed my hand over his mouth. I don't want to embarrass myself right here. 
 
"Fan?" 
 
Surprisingly, Papa Tuan was the one who said it out. 
 
Mark only looked at me and smirked. Raising both of his arms in the air, he said,
 
"Hey look, I wasn't the one who said it..." He was trying to act innocent. 
 
Oh well, there's always a saying, Like father, like son. No matter what, I can't beat them anyway, since both of them are present here. 
 
I managed a weak smile at Papa Tuan and he returned it. 
 
"Wendy, don't worry. I'm not mocking you or what. I know that all IGOT7s are the best people in the world! So, since you are Mark's special fan and girlfriend now, I will expect him to treat you really well. If he does anything bad to you, feel free to contact me! I will make sure that I teach him a good lesson!"
 
"Yes Wendy, do let us know if you need our help! You can treat us like your real parents", Mama Tuan also commented. 
 
My heart felt so warm with their generous offer. How kind of them to actually support me just like this even though we just met.
 
"Thanks Papa and Mama Tuan! I really appreciate it. And YOU! Heard that?", I looked back at Mark and smiled smugly. 
 
He made a face at me, only to be pinched on his cheeks by Papa Tuan.
 
"I told you not to bully her", he warned.
 
Hahahaha. This family is really interesting. 
 
-
-
-
 
Papa Tuan then continued on to share with me some of Mark's childhood stories as we tucked into our meal. 
 
Occasionally, Mark would try to defend himself when Papa Tuan make any sensitive comments or share any embarrassing moments of him, while Mama Tuan and I would just laugh along at their silliness. 
 
I am really starting to enjoy their company and I'm glad that this meeting with them actually turned out  well. Mark's parents were able to make me feel comfortable and feel as though I'm a part of their family in such a short time. 
 
Soon, it was the time to part ways. 
 
Before we leave, Mama Tuan held onto my hand and gave it a soft pat.
 
"Wendy, you do know that Papa Tuan and I live in LA right? You see, we can't always make a trip here to Seoul to visit Mark and now that Mark have you by his side, I'm really happy. Sorry if I'm making a selfish request here, but I would like entrust our dear Mark into your hands. Can you help Mama Tuan take good care of him while you are here?", she looked into my eyes fervently as she spoke.
 
I almost choked on my own saliva when she said that. 
 
It was not because I'm not willing to accept her request. I'm MORE than willing to do so for her and for Mark. But it's just that, I myself am only left with four days here now. How can I take good care of Mark for her when I'm going to leave soon too? 
 
Nevertheless, I can't let her down. Slightly squeezing her hand as a form of reassurance, I nodded my head at her and told her not to worry. She hugged me in return.
 
"Thank you Wendy." 
 
Her words made me felt even more guilty.
 
With that, Papa and Mama Tuan both waved us goodbye and Mark and I left for somewhere else.
 
-
-
-
 
"Oppa, why are we here?", I asked.
 
We are at an arcade now and I'm not sure why Mark brought me here. I don't remember myself mentioning that I do favour the arcade as it has always been a place for me to relieve my stress. 
 
He first dragged me to the prize section.
 
"'Cos I want to reward you for today. For behaving so well towards my parents although it seemed more like you guys were in cahoots against me", he pouted and then continued,
 
"And I felt that I must do something for you. To thank you for accepting me, or else I feel that I'm losing out too much to.... You know, SOMEONE."
 
I clearly know that he's actually referring to Jin. 
 
Although I was still fretting over on how to tell him the truth throughout the entire time with him, I still decided to go with his plans for now. I want to make him happy, while I still can. 
 
Taking a step forward to scrutinize all the prizes on the shelf, my eyes soon landed on a soft toy. 
 
A soft toy of Peter Pan.
 
"Oppa, I want that!", I pointed at it. 
 
His eyes followed my gaze and he looked amused when he saw that that's what I wanted. 
 
"Why Peter Pan?"
 
I furrowed my eyebrows at him.
 
"Oppa... Peter Pan and Wendy???"
 
He let out a soft laughter.
 
"Ain't I your Peter Pan?"
 
"What... You were the one who told me to choose something! Oh well, never mind if you can't get for me... I still have Jin oppa as my Dory~", I purposely brought out my phone and waved the Doryfish keychain in front of his face. 
 
Hahaha. He's frowning now and I could sense jealously. 
 
Grabbing my phone, he shoved it into his pocket and winked at me. 
 
"Trust me. I'm not going to lose! I will make sure that I'm staying with you forever with and as that Peter Pan!"
 
-
-
-
 
He have been playing rounds and rounds of basketball and he was sweating a lot from it. Beads of perspiration kept trickling down his forehead but he still continued each time I told him to stop and rest.
 
"Oppa, geu man hae... Never mind if you can't get it. I'm perfectly fine with it. I was just joking with you just now... Stop forcing yourself and pushing yourself so hard", I urged him as I wiped away the sweat on his face. 
 
The Peter Pan soft toy is exchangeable at five thousand tokens but Mark is just currently at his first thousand. 
 
"An-dwae! I won't give up that easily Wendy-ssi! I will prove to you that I can do it!"
 
-
-
-
 
1 hour later, 
 
"A-SA~! See, Wendy! I told you that I could do it!", Mark waved the Peter Pan soft toy at me and jumped up and down excitedly. 
 
"Here you go! Take good care of me for me!", he gave me a cheeky grin. 
 
"Oppa! Gomawoyo! I love it so much!"
 
He then raised an eyebrow at me, waiting for me to say something else while pointing at his cheek at the same time.
 
Oh. That.
 
"And I love you too~!", I smiled conceitedly, preparing to give him a peck on his cheeks but he managed to turn around in a short time and I ended up kissing his lips.
 
I blushed when I realized that he just stole a kiss from me again. 
 
"Oppa~~~", I whined. 
 
I was so touched by Mark's determination and love for me. Never had a guy wanted to do something for me so badly and this made me want to do something for him as well. 
 
"Oppa, give me your phone", I ordered.
 
He shot me a weird expression before he passed it to me. Holding his phone in the air, I quickly took a nice selfie of myself with it. After keying in some other stuff, I passed it back to him.
 
His face lit up when he realized what I had done. 
 
"Why did you set your face as my phone's wallpaper?", he smiled happily.
 
"'Cos I want you to be able to see me everyday, so that you can stop sticking to me always and make Bambam they all complain that I'm making you neglect them."
 
"Since when did I always stick to you. Isn't it more like you were the one who's always sticking to me?", he teased. 
 
"Oppa... Don't make me expose you!!!", I scoffed at him.
 
"Expose what? What's there of me for you to expose?"
 
I threw him a smirk. 
 
If that's what you want, your wish is my command. 
 
"HA. SOMEONE should actually thank me for providing him with a decent photo of myself to set as his wallpaper... Aha.. I almost forgot. SOMEONE might probably prefer to use that old photo of me sleeping on the bus as his wallpaper secretly instead..."
 
From his astonished look, I knew that I had caught him. It left him speechless too. 
 
"H-how did you know?", it took him a while to regain his composure. 
 
I explained to him the entire story and he laughed helplessly at himself. 
 
"I can't believe that you found out right from the beginning! Then you must have known that I had feelings for you ever since then!", he said. 
 
"Nah. I was actually a Babo as well 'cos I didn't see through anything at all. But I'm glad that you took the courage to confess to me, making you stuck together with me now."
 
Upon hearing this, Mark pulled me into his embrace and I rest my chin on his shoulder. 
 
"Thanks for all that you have done for me Oppa. I really appreciate your love for me. But if, I say if, I really do disappoint you one day, I just want to let you know that my feelings for you are true and I really do want to stay with you like this, forever and ever..."
 
-------------------------------------------
 
Author's note:
 
Hope that I didn't disappoint you guys with this chapter. It was supposed to be a Valentine special but I guess I didn't make it in time. :/
 
Nonetheless, Happy belated Valentine's Day people! <3 
 
<3, 
 
Wendy (: