Chapter 30: Finale

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

PARK JINYOUNG'S POV

 
"Alright, I will head there once I finish settling the stuff in my office", I said and hung up the phone.
 
Leaning back against my armchair, I closed my eyes and massaged my temples. 
 
My work life have been rather hectic lately as I have been busy with JYP NATION concerts as well as GOT7's showcases. 
 
GOT7 have just returned from their Japan debut and it was so successful that global fans are demanding more now. One month could cause such a tremendous change and I'm so proud of my boys.
 
Looks like our efforts did paid off. 
 
I opened the drawer and fumbled with the documents inside. 
 
Aishhhh... Where did that file went? I remember putting it here...
 
As I ran through my drawer, it was then I noticed a book lying underneath. 
 
What's this?
 
I flipped it open and read.
 
Oh, this was the report Wendy-ssi had submitted to me.
 
I smiled as I read through her first few entries. There were many complaints written in the beginning but as the days proceed, it seemed like her life with our JYP artists got better. 
 
"Jinyoung hyung, just a piece of advice, pay attention to Min unnie. I don't want the other trainees to be bullied by her too", one of her entries stated. 
 
"Jackson is such a dork, he keeps talking back at people. Hyung, you've got to make him less talkative sometimes. Or else I'm afraid that his words might hurt some people unintentionally", another one read.
 
However, towards the end, her entries were starting to get emotional. Putting on my reading glasses, I continued.
 
My eyes then widened at her words. 
 
How could it be...
 
Picking up my phone on the desk, I made a call.
 
"Get Mark into my office now."
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV
 
Throwing my duffel bag at one side, I laid down on my bed.
 
"Did you fell in love with Wendy-ssi?", that was the very first thing he asked me once I entered his office.
 
I was taken aback by Jinyoung's hyung bluntness but I denied it anyway. Since she's already gone. She left me. 
 
"I will give you a chance Mark. Because I have figured out that this is the only way I can repay her", Jinyoung hyung looked at me solemnly and then handed me a book from the table.
 
"If you have the time, read it. Once you have made up your mind, come and see me again", he said.
 
Staring at the book in my hands, I wonder what this is.
 
Gradually flipping it open, I scanned through the contents. 
 
This penmanship... It looked familiar... It looked like Wendy's...
 
15 May 2014
 
Today marks my first day at JYPE and I was so excited! However, things didn't turn up right... I could sense everybody being unhappy about my presence. The staff members were all throwing me fake smiles and when I met Fei, Jia, Mark and Jackson, they were already talking behind my back. Min even gave me a scorn. Although I was feeling quite uncomfortable with it initially, I eventually reminded myself that I'm a mediator and everything is going to be alright. And really, Jackson realized his mistake and apologized to me in the end. Also, my roommates, Yerin and Jimin were also awesome girls who care for me! But something bad came up again next. Mark oppa hurt himself during his dance practice and luckily I was there. At least they got a physiotherapy student like me to attend to him on spot. HAHAHA. Don't worry hyung, I can assure you that he's alright 'cos I met him just now and guess what? He made me his special fan already! How awesome is that! Anyway, I think I better turn in now 'cos they have invited me to join them at Everland tomorrow! Goodnight.
 
16 May 2014
 
Went Everland with GOT7 and 15& today! It was soooo much fun! They were really of a great company to me. Oh and Jinyoung hyung, I found out one thing, Mark oppa is afraid of heights! You might wanna take note of that! And also, it was the first time I met the Bangtan Boys! I was called up onto stage to play a game with Jin oppa and it was soooo embarrassing!!! GOT7 and 15& also joined in the fun subsequently and you can check out the video I have recorded for you! (:
 
I started laughing at her entries. I didn't know that she felt so happy whenever she was with us... I thought she was just spying? But how... How come she sounded so natural?
 
Just then, I became more curious of the recent events. I immediately skipped to the back of her diary and began reading.
 
My face fell and it turned pale as I read. 
 
22 June 2014
 
Hyung, I caused trouble for Mark oppa today. I was the one who got him into the accident... Initially I was about to find him to clear things up, but I saw Wendy Wang together with him and they were kissing. I didn't want to bother them but it was then that I saw a reporter, secretly wanting to take pictures of them. Fortunately, I reacted fast and I ran forward and pulled them apart just in time. However, Mark oppa somehow got pissed at my behavior and he said some harsh things to me before I could even explain myself. In the end, I left but I didn't pay attention to the traffic as I was crossing the road. Mark oppa was the one who saved me but he himself got injured. I'm sorry for that... 
 
9 July 2014
 
Hyung, there's something I need to confess. Mark oppa and I are together now! He made it difficult for me to reject him and I honestly love him too with all my heart. I'm so sorry for keeping this secret from you, so I'm leaving you to settle this with Mark oppa once you read this! Hehs. Anyway, I met his parents today. Papa and Mama Tuan are really great people. They shared a lot about Mark with me. However, it was when Mama Tuan entrusted me with something which left me guilty and speechless. She asked me to take good care of oppa since I will be able staying here together with him. But the problem is, I'm not. I'm leaving in four days time! It made me want to tell him the truth now but I just can't bring myself to do it. I don't want to give him hope and then just take it back away from him all of a sudden. I don't want to hurt him even more although I already did. Hyung, what should be my next step? :/ 
 
13 July 2014
 
It's my last day here now hyung. And coincidentally, you sent the GOT7 boys leaving on the same day and earlier than me :(  Well, if it was me four days ago, I might have been pissed with you, but it's alright now. Nobody would want to talk to me, let alone to send me off. HA. You might have guessed it. I got found out even before I could be truthful to them. Initially, I thought that they would give me a chance to explain myself but they didn't spare me any... But don't worry hyung, I'm not blaming you. I'm actually glad that you brought me here. These two months here was indeed fruitful and I'm happy to have met all of you. Truthfully speaking, I want to tell you that this report may not be of any significance now. It was just small little flaws they had. I just want let you know that all of your artists are actually great people so don't you worry about them anymore. They are all grown-ups now and I'm sure that they will handle their personal matters well. Trust them, that's all they need. Alright, I should stop ranting and start packing up now. Take care hyung and send my well wishes to the rest! (:
 
I closed the book shut and stood there in silence. 
 
I didn't give her a chance to explain at all... And most importantly, how could I have denied her feelings towards me? 
 
She had clearly told me that she loved me once. 
 
*FLASHBACK*
 
"Thanks for all that you have done for me Oppa. I really appreciate your love for me. But if, I say if, I really do disappoint you one day, I just want to let you know that my feelings for you are true and I really do want to stay with you like this, forever and ever..."
 
*END OF FLASHBACK* 
 
Those were her true feelings for me, but why didn't I take it in? Why didn't I?
 
My cries was starting to get ferocious and noisy now. I blinked briny tears from my bloodshot eyes and the tears made wet tracks down my face and soon dripped from my stubbled, wobbling chin. My hands open and closed, rhythmically clenching. 
 
JINYOUNG HYUNG. I've got to look for him now! 
 
-
-
-
 
I burst into his office and he looked up at me with a stunned expression. 
 
"Hyung, I have made up my mind", I gave him a definite answer.
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV
 
Let me see... Room 852...
 
"AHA! It's here!", I stopped in front of the door.
 
After giving it a knock, I stood back and fixed my attire to make sure that I  was looking fine to meet them again.
 
Someone opened the door from inside and the person looked as happy as I was when we saw each other. 
 
"NOONA!"
"KOOKIE-a!"
 
We both exclaimed and threw ourselves into each other's embrace.
 
"It has been long", I said and I looked up to see the rest of the members present as well. 
 
BTS was happy to see me again. We all exchanged a few words before Jin came to me. 
 
"YAH YOU!", he ruffled my hair and placed his arms around my shoulder.
 
"We have a a lot of catch-up to do now!"
 
-
-
-
 
"See! I told you that we would be here in Singapore soon! Even if we weren't, I will still make sure that it happens!", Jin boasted. 
 
I chuckled at his words.
 
"Oppa, stop say big things. Anyway, I'm sorry that I can't make it for your concert later, I have plans already."
 
"What plans? Does this plan involve a boyfriend?", he slithered a flat smirk through his crooked lips.
 
"Ani-eyo! It's my best friend's 21st birthday party so I'll have to attend", I explained. 
 
"Okay okay I get it. Anyway, how has life been for you?"
 
"Not too good", I replied him honestly. 
 
Ever since that day I got back to Singapore, I became the media's attention. Everyone was curious about my experience at JYPE and what had caused me to return. There were also news circulating around that I actually got kicked out of JYPE because I probably didn't make the cut in the end. And to make things worse, some sasaeng fans who knew of existence even followed me back home and things got out of situation. 
 
I narrated everything to Jin and he shook his head in disbelief.
 
"This is why I have always hate the media. They paint their own picture and make all sorts of stories out of it. I understand you, Wendy-ssi", he placed his hand on my shoulder. 
 
"Anyway, have you heard about GOT7's showcase in Singapore?", he finally asked.
 
How could I have not known? It was all over alkpop, soompi and various social platforms. All I had to do was to be online and it will pop out itself. 
 
I nodded my head at him. 
 
"Are you planning to go?"
 
I paused at his question and thought for a while. 
 
"I don't know oppa...", I looked down and sighed. 
 
I haven't been in contact with anyone else from JYPE except Jinyoung hyung. He will email me occasionally to ask me how am I doing and all. But GOT7, I wonder how have those guys been doing...
 
It was then Jin stood up and walked towards his bag, before he came back to me with an envelope in his hands. 
 
"Here you go."
 
"What's this?", I took over the envelope from his hands and asked curiously. 
 
"See it for yourself."
 
Giving him a weird expression, I opened up the envelope and drew out its content. 
 
It was a ticket. A VIP ticket to GOT7's upcoming showcase in Singapore. 
 
"Jinyoung hyung told me to pass it to you."
 
I turned my eyes on Jin. 
 
"He wants you to go and watch them. And he promises that it's going to be worth your time", Jin inched closer to me and held onto my hand. 
 
"Wendy-ssi, it's about time you meet them."
 
-
-
-
 
4 September 2014,
 
It was finally the day for GOT7's showcase in Singapore. After contemplating for quite sometime as to whether or not go, I finally made up my mind. 
 
We are still friends anyway right? Hopefully, they have all forgiven me because I recalled what Jackson had told me before he left. He had hoped that by the time they get back, everything will be back to normal. 
 
I took out the ticket from my bag and entered the concert hall. I was then led to the front row seats where I met someone I knew. 
 
"O? Wendy.W?", I gasped. 
 
Her seat was actually next to mine and when she saw me, her eyes widened.
 
"Oh Wendy! It's nice seeing you here! How are you doing anyway? Are you here to support Mark as well?", she smiled at me. 
 
I took the seat beside her and replied.
 
"Yeah, I'm doing fine and erm... Yes, I'm here to show my support for the guys...", I replaced just 'Mark' with 'the guys'.
 
"Anyway, what are you doing here? I thought you live in LA?", I asked when I suddenly recalled that. 
 
"Right, I'm assigned here for my internship currently and coincidentally ,GOT7 is holding a showcase here, so I might as well turn up to show some support."
 
We girls then continued chatting until the showcase was about to begin. 
 
"Annyeong fellow IGOT7s! Are you all ready for the showcase?", the MC announced.
 
"On the count of three, let's all welcome GOT7 warmly! 1, 2, 3!"
 
The stage fireworks shot skywards and GOT7 made their entrance with their song 'Stop, stop it.'
 
Their choreography was all neat and orderly and I'm surprised by how Bambam, Youngjae and Yugyeom have grown up in just two months. For the showcase this time, they were all dressed up in a manly concept rather than the previous old school feel. I liked it a lot as they all looked so mature. 
 
After which, they performed two more songs- A and Girls,girls girls. JB and Jr even sang 'Forever Young' back from their JJ Project's album, while Jackson and Mark performed a Mandarin song by Jay Chou. 
 
Wendy Wang was nudging me when it was Mark's turn to rap and I forced a smile at her.
 
I studied Mark carefully as he sang passionately on stage. 
 
I wonder if he saw me. 
 
Soon, it was a time interval for them to rest and the members sat on the chairs that were placed on the stage for them, preparing for a Q&A session .
 
"COME AND GET IT! GOT7! Annyeonghaseyo GOT7 ibnida!", the seven of them greeted and waved at the fans warmly. 
 
The MC then took the mic and asked them a few questions. 
 
"So guys, is this the first time you are here in Singapore?"
 
The Singapore fans cheered wildly to enhance the atmosphere.
 
"Hmm, I have came here once together with Jr as JJ Project before for JYP Nation's concert but as GOT7, this is our first", JB answered. 
 
"So, is there any local delicacies that you like here?"
 
"Chilli Crab!", Jr exclaimed. 
 
Then, each member received a question each and soon, it was Mark's turn. 
 
"Okay now, this question is for Mark. Being the pretty face of the group, have you met any fans that have made your heart flutter?", the MC gave him a smirk. 
 
I sat quietly in my seat and paid hundred percent attention on him. 
 
He didn't even take the time to think when he answered "YES" right away. 
 
"Oooooooo~~~~", the fans cheered at his words and he blushed slightly.
 
However, his next string of words caused everyone to stay silent in mere seconds.
 
"She's my girlfriend."
 
My heart almost stopped beating when I heard him. 
 
Looks like he had found some else now who truly deserves him more than I do that he's already announcing to the whole world. 
 
I paused my thoughts and I continued to listen to what he've got to say. 
 
"Yes, I have a girlfriend. I'm making it clear to everyone now. I don't want to date secretly anymore and I want you guys to accept her as well", he paused and took a deep breath. 
 
"She is the only girl who can make me want to be with her, worry about her and want to take good care of her. However, we got into some misunderstanding recently, and I would like to tell her that I'm sorry today. I'm sorry for not listening to your words... I'm sorry for hurting you so much... I know that she is present with us today, and I know that she can hear me now. With that being said, my members and I would like to dedicate this song to her."
 
Slowly, the seven of them got up on their feet.
 
A song then started playing. 
 
NEORAN GIRL (GOT7)
 
GOT7~ Come on

 

I’m not joking around, ever since I first got to know you
I’m not the same person I used to be
Whatever I’m doing, I don’t really know what I’m doing
Whatever anyone says, I’m just blankly walking

You appear in my head every day
Whatever I’m thinking about, you star in it
Then with a zoned out face, I start talking to myself

Why are you so pretty?
When I look at you, when you’re smiling with your eyes
It feels like I’ll faint
Why am I so nervous?
I can’t hold in the ringing of my heart
The closer you come to me, the bigger it grows

Come to me, you’re so magnetic
I’m attracted to all of you
I keep getting shaken up
I’m falling for you more and more, you’re so fantastic
My dream is to have you
You’re the end to my decision

It’s you girl girl girl
It’s you girl girl girl
Be my girl girl girl
You’re in my heart my heart

As they sang, they started walking down the stage.

I could see Jackson smiling at me and everyone was soon walking towards my direction.

(Boom boom boom) What you’re hearing right
now is not the sound of a drum
(Boom boom boom boom) It’s the sound of my heart
that grows louder every time I think of you

Situations like this are not so good
I don’t know, I’m not in the right mind, my heart is a mess
There is a solution to this condition, it’s your love

No, it can't be... I turned and looked at Wendy Wang. She only shook her head at me as she intertwined her hand with the guy who was seating next to her.

Seol ma...

Why do you shine so much?
Because of your eyes when you look at me
I feel like I’ll go blind
Why are you so hot?
My face is getting more and more colored
The closer you come to me, the redder it gets

Mark was now standing in front of me and he held out his hand at me. 

I looked at him, dazed, and so, he grabbed my hands instead and pulled me up from my seat. 

Come to me, you’re so magnetic
I’m attracted to all of you
I keep getting shaken up
I’m falling for you more and more, you’re so fantastic
My dream is to have you
You’re the end to my decision

It’s you girl girl girl
It’s you girl girl girl
Be my girl girl girl
You’re in my heart my heart

Slowly, he was leading me up onto the stage and the rest followed.

Beautiful girl
I’m pulled to you like a magnet
Your attractive eyes
me in
Beautiful girl
Please don’t make me anxious
Accept me
Oh please, please~

Come to me, you’re so magnetic
I’m attracted to all of you
I keep getting shaken up
I’m falling for you more and more, you’re so fantastic
My dream is to have you
You’re the end to my decision

It’s you girl

The song finally ended and Mark is standing in front of me now, with his forehead resting on mine.  

Bambam, Youngjae, Yugyeom, JB, Jr and Jackson were all grinning from ear to ear as they stare at our close proximity. 

"Oppa...", my voice trembled as I fixed my gaze on him.

"Neoran girl. It's you girl. The fan, the girlfriend who can make my heart flutter", he said and the next moment, his lips were on mine. 

The crowd buzzed with excitement and our lips slowly pulled apart.

I embraced him tightly and whispered into his ears, "Oppa, I love you... And, happy birthday!"

He pushed some strands of my hair behind my ear as he stared intently into my eyes.

"Gomawo. And thanks for coming back to Peter Pan, Wendy-ssi."

It was that moment when I realized that I have never regretted to become The Mediator, 'cos for all I care, it has brought me to some of the most awesome people I have met in my life, including my loved one. 

Thank you, thank you for letting me meet you all.

 

THE END.