Chapter 22: Happy Birthday

The Mediator (GOT7 MARK & BTS JIN Fanfic)

"Unnie, where are you going this early?", Jimin asked as she looked up at the clock. She was watching television last night at the living room that she fell asleep right on the sofa. I guess I must have woke her up in the process.

 
"Oh, I'm bringing Mark oppa some home cooked food. Apparently, he kept complaining to me that he is sick of the hospital's meals."
 
"Since when did you start caring so much for Mark oppa? This is way passed the duty of a fan...", she smirked at me. 
 
I rolled my eyes at her. This girl have the energy to joke in early morning.
 
"If you haven't heard of it. I'm his servant now until he recovers. As much as I'm unwilling to, I've got no say about it."
 
"Ahhh I see~ Well, goodluck then!", she said before she fell back to sleep. 
 
Sigh. 
 
What have I got myself into? I can't believe that I still have to obey his instructions when today is actually my birthday. It's 29 June already in the blink of an eye, which means that I have only two weeks left here. 
 
I am supposed to a princess today but I'm more like Cinderella now. 
 
-
-
-

"Here you go!" I placed the containers of food on the table. I have specially woke up early to cook all these for him and yet he's staring at them but not tucking in.

"What are you staring at? Ppali mo geo~"

"Yeah, I'm waiting."

"Waiting for what?", I asked, curious about it. 

"What? Aren't you feeding me?", he gave me an expression to show as if I was supposed to do it in the first place. 

"Oppa, you got to be kidding me..."

He moved his free arm and the other arm which he still had bandage over. 

"I can only use one arm now, so do you think that I can use both chopsticks and spoon at the same time?"

Gahh... When did Mark became this cocky? 

Picking up the spoon, I scooped some rice and used the chopsticks to stack some meat and vegetables on top of the rice. 

"Ahhhhh....", Mark then pointed to his mouth and I forced the spoon in. 

"YAH YAH YAH! Be careful there!", he warned.

"I'm doing this because I'm being forced to! Just wait when you recover! And don't forget, we ain't on good terms yet!", I shot him a death glare. 

He only continued laughing and asked for more.

"Wendy-ssi, ahhhhh..."

-
-
-

JIN'S POV

To send or not send? I kept asking the same question over and over in my head. 

"Hyung, what's wrong with you? You have been staring at your phone for the past half an hour. Are you waiting for a call?", Jungkook realized my dilemma and confronted me. 

Earlier in the morning, the reminder alarm in my phone rang and I realized that today is actually Wendy's birthday. 

Ever since the day our scandal broke out, she had stop contacting me and we haven't met up or spoke for almost a month. I felt as though we have drifted apart and I wonder how is she doing now. She wouldn't know but my heart actually aches a lot from it. I have yet to confess my feelings to her and I already got into trouble.  

And here I am, wondering if I should wish her at least a 'Happy Birthday'.

Making use of Jungkook's presence, I asked him.

"Kookie-a, if you have this friend whom you have not spoke to for a very long time and today happens to be her birthday, will you still wish her?"

Blinking his eyes innocently, he gave it a thought. 

"Yea, I suppose so."

"But wouldn't it be awkward?"

"What's there to be awkward about? You mentioned that she's your friend anyway right? A 'Happy Birthday' doesn't kill at all! Unless she changed her number or something. Otherwise it's just purely a wish...", he said and then gave me a grin. 

"Is that friend Wendy noona?"

"What what? Did I hear Wendy noona?" Now the others were also starting to gather around me. 

"Where? What about her?", V asked. 

"Hyung said that today's her birthday and he's wondering whether to wish her or not!", Jungkook announced it out loud.

"O, jinjya? Call her then! Be more sincere about it!", Jimin urged me. 

Suga sat on the table in front of me and took out his phone. 

"If today is Wendy-ssi's birthday, then I'm sure that JYPE will have some events planned for her. I will call up Jackson and check with him about it."

Seeing my fellow members getting enthusiastic about it, I was also hyped up and I finally plucked up the courage to give her a call.

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

"I want apples now", he ordered.

I was about to toss him an apple from the basket when he said something else.

"With the skin scraped off."

Mark was really getting on my nerves now. All he did was to order me around while he just sat there doing nothing and enjoying every second of how I was being bullied by him. 

"Stupid Mark Tuan! You wait! I will skin you alive when you recover!", I chanted as I started scraping the skin off the apple. It was then my phone started to ring.

Putting the knife and apple aside, I rinse my hands thoroughly before taking my phone out from my pocket. 

I looked vacantly at my phone. 
 
He is now calling me again after such a long time of hiatus.

From a distance away, Mark somehow noticed that there was something wrong with me. 

"Who's calling? Why aren't you picking up?"

I turned to face him. 

"It's Jin oppa"

He was as surprised as I am.

"Pass me the phone, quick."

I did what I was told and Mark answered it for me.

"Yoboseyo?"

-
-
-


MARK'S POV

"Yoboseyo?", I asked.

"Wendy-ssi?"

"No, it's Mark here", I said in a serious tone. It took so long for Wendy to find peace, now that some fans are finally cooling down from the scandal but I don't want him to come and spoil it again. 

"And what are you doing here with her phone?", he said behind the line.

"Must there be a reason to it?"

"Pass the phone to Wendy-ssi. I have some personal things to say to her."

"Just say it to me, I will pass on the message to her."

"Just do it will you?"

"Same to you", I replied sternly. I'm not giving him any leeway.

"You do know that today's her special day right?"

I gulped. What did he meant?

"Just let me say that sentence to her. I want to wish her personally."

Seol ma...

"Hold on for a moment", I said to him and handed the phone back to Wendy.

"Wendy-ssi, he've got something important to say to you."

I looked at her nervously as I pondered over whether to hand her the phone or not. I'm afraid of losing her to him but at the same time, I can't be an . 

-
-
-

WENDY'S POV

"Wendy-ssi, he've got something important to say to you."

Mark said as he handed me back my phone. Biting into my lips, I waited for a while before answering it.

"Oppa, annyeong."

"Annyeong Wendy-ssi. Saeng-il chukha habnida", he said and hung up before I could even thank him. 

"Oppa, gomawo", I managed to whisper as I dropped my phone down from my ear. 

Jin. He was the very first to wish me after all these. And he's also the one who can always make me feel better. 

Jin oppa, neomu gomabda.

-
-
-

Back at JYPE.

JACKSON'S POV

"OH MY GOD. I can't believe that none of us had any idea about it! It's Wendy's birthday today and we were almost doing nothing about it?!" I threw my cap on the sofa. 

Everyone stared at me with guilty eyes and we were all looking desperate to come up with some plans before Wendy returns. Thanks to the Bangtan Boys for informing us at the very last minute. 

"Ppali guys! We are going transform this place into a birthday party setting before unnie comes back!", Yerin then suggested. 

"Yea, chop chop and let's get started!"
 
-
-
-
 
WENDY'S POV 
 
After leaving Mark from the hospital, I decided to head out and not return to the dorm first. Well, birthdays are meant for people to enjoy and celebrate. I can't imagine what will I be able to do if I were to go back right now. 
 
And much to my disappointment, out of all people I have known for the past one and a half month, only Jin remembered that today is my birthday. 
 
How sad is that?
 
As I roam around the streets, I soon came across a cake shop where you can decorate your own cakes. Fascinated, I entered the shop and observed the different designs people are decorating for their loved ones. 
 
How I wish that someone can do this for me as well...
 
Initially, I did thought of decorating one for myself but after giving it some thought, I realized that it was just a waste of money and it's just stupid to be doing this for myself. 
 
Probably next time. When I have the chance to do it for my special someone. 
 
"Miss, can I help you?", a shop attendant then approached me.
 
"Oh, can I get one of those cupcakes over there?", I decided to replace my birthday cake with a cupcake instead. 
 
A simple one will do. 
 
-
-
-
 
MARK'S POV
 
I double-checked that Wendy had really left before I entered that store. 
 
"Hi sir, can I help- OMO! Are you Mark Tuan from GOT7?", the shop attendant greeted me with a squeal. 
 
"Shhhh", I signaled for her to lower down her volume so she started whispering to me. 
 
"How can I help you?"
 
"I would like a large size vanilla cake and I want to decorate it myself."
 
"Ok sure, hold on for a while."
 
Shortly after, she came back with a tray of items.
 
"I will place the cake here and these are all the coloured cream and decoration chips you can use. But oh, do you need my help?", she noticed and asked as she pointed to my injured arm which was in a sling. 
 
"Oh that."
 
I realized what she was getting at and slowly removing my sling and cast, I left her speechless in the end.
 
"Alright, I'm all ready now!", I beamed as I stretched my arms out and smiled at the thought of doing this for her. 
 
Just for you, I shall do this!