Reason to Groan #2: MinKey

☠x The Noona Hater x☠
For Eloise and Angel. Love you guys! <3
 
"Taemin is unusually quiet today." Onew hyung said cautiously while peering at me.
"Pfft. You try being stuck in the school garden for two hours while the girls' football team go around hunting you down. Tell me if you won't be scarred for life!" Key hyung frowned.
 
"Well, it's all your fault, Jonghyun hyung! That was a stupid advice that you gave to our maknae." Minho hyung shook his head.
"Uh, hello? How is it my fault?! I give excellent advice!" Jonghyun hyung snorted.
 
"Well you did say that your advice works like, 99.9% of the time." Onew hyung observed.
"Exactly. So that .01% actually happened to Taemin." Minho hyung still looked unimpressed.
 
"Aw, Taem." Jonghyun hyung draped an arm around me.
"It's okay. It's not me. It's you. You just have really bad luck, that's all."
"If that's how you comfort a person, then you're clearly a jerk!" Key hyung looked pissed but I still remained silent.
 
The horrors of the school garden...
Bugs everywhere...
With a mob of manly girls waiting for to appear...
Bugs everywhere...
Bugs...
 
BUGS!!
 
I will never be able to recover from this.
 
"Anyway, don't worry baby!" Key hyung patted my hair.
"Key umma will make everything better!" He went as far as kissing my forehead, while I hardly felt a thing.
 
"HEY!" Both Minho and Jonghyun hyung shouted.
"What?" Key hyung asked quizically.
"Nothing." Minho hyung said quickly, blushing.
"Why must you kiss..." Jonghyun hyung's voice trailed off as Key hyung continued to stare in confusion.
"What? This?" He lifted up my bangs and kissed my forehead again.
"WHAT." Jonghyun hyung looked...
Well, is it jealousy?
 
Oh well. Who cares.
 
He deserves it after putting me through hell with that advice T_T
 
"What? Are you jealous?" Key hyung smirked and I watched as Jonghyun hyung's face went utterly red.
"N-N-N-No!"
 
"Of course not, Key!" Onew hyung said, looking quizzical.
"I mean, you don't love Key that way, right, Jjong?" He raised an eyebrow, looking naive.
 
"O-Of...cour--" Jonghyun hyung swallowed,
"That's it! I'm outta here!" He grabbed his bag and hurriedly ran off, even spiking Minho hyung's coffee off the table and causing it to spill all over his lap.
"AH! HOT HOT HOT!!" Minho hyung jumped up, panicking and shouting but none of us did anything.
 
"Hey, where are you going?!" Key hyung shouted after Jjong hyung.
"Don't you want to hear what my advice is?!"
 
I sighed deeply, thinking why everything seems to be so messy these days.
 
"Well, never mind. I'll go on with the advice anyway." Key hyung smiled sweetly at me.
"Okay, here goes...This afternoon--" He broke off and glared at Minho hyung who was still jumping up and down and panicking,
"Choi Minho, will you please stop that?!"
"Is anyone not going to give me any tissues?!" He seemed frustrated.
"Here!" Onew hyung threw his shoe at Minho hyung's head, effectively knocking him out cold.
"What was that for?" I asked, mystified.
"Oh...I thought I threw my hanky at him..." Onew hyung panicked, rushing over to Minho hyung and even accidentally stepping on his stomach in the process.
"Oof!" Minho hyung groaned weakly.
 
Key hyung looked exasperated.
"Ignore those noobs, baby. Right now, it's all about you and me." He stared at me fully, smiling wickedly.
"If this doesn't make Aya run back into your arms, then nothing will."
 
--
 
That afternoon, Key hyung had successfully dragged us to this event that he says we will all "enjoy".
 
I grumbled under my breath, the last time Key hyung took us out somewhere that he says we will enjoy was actually a flower show.
 
Bees stung Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung was picked out as the Honey King and they forced him to wear this huge bee mascot outfit and take pictures with old ladies who are giddy about this new ‘adorable, hunky bee.’ (a direct quote, if I may add!) They said that they only want a photo but Jonghyun hyung swears that they kept on squeezing his biceps and trying to smell his hair.
 
Blech.
 
Minho hyung actually got locked in the mini greenhouse for two hours (since none of us noticed he was missing, only until Key hyung volunteered that it was Minho hyung's turn to pay for the food.)
 
Only Key hyung and I remained untouched by unfortunate events, I figured if I stick with him throughout the whole day, I'll be safe, which actually turned out to be true. Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that we were inside this huge tent watching endless fashion shows with flower themes on them.
 
"Where exactly are we going?" Onew hyung asked again as he steered the car to the left as per Key hyung's instructions.
"Drive now, questions never." Key hyung said snottily in pure english.
"Isn't it supposed to be drive now, questions later?" Jonghyun hyung asked, looking a little smug that he kind of knew how to speak english as well.
"Hello? Didn't I just say questions never?" Key hyung frowned and I shrugged, not really quite understanding their conversation.
"Just go straight and turn left again on the next block." Key hyung said authoritively to Onew hyung.
“Can I ask a question now?” Jonghyun hyung looked impatient.
“No, can you not understand—ONEW HYUNG! I told you to turn left!!” Key hyung suddenly screamed.
 
I winced, Onew hyung’s eyes widened in panic, “Sorry! I sometimes get confused with right and left…”
“Seriously?!” Minho hyung snickered quietly.
“Whatever, just do a u-turn and turn left this time!”
 
“I have a question!!” Jonghyun hyung interrupted while raising his hand in the air.
“What?!” Key hyung snarled while Jonghyun hyung just looked unaffected.
“It’s…It’s a secret!” Jonghyun hyung giggled at his own idiotic joke, thinking that it was so clever.
“God, why did I ever become friends with you people?!” Key hyung muttered, before his eyes widen so suddenly while he shouted yet once more, “ONEW HYUNG!!!!! WHY DID YOU TURN RIGHT AGAIN?!”
 
--
 
"We're going in there?!" Minho hyung's huge eyes widened more once we arrived 30 minutes later in our destination. Onew hyung kept on turning right every single time we U-Turned, with Key hyung bellowing at him each time.
"Cool!" Jonghyun hyung said gleefully.
"But I'm not wearing anything...appropriate!" Onew hyung complained.
 
I, however, was just silently looking up at the huge banner in front of the building we stopped in.
What exactly is Key hyung up to?
 
"Excited yet?" Key hyung hooked an arm around mine, a suspiciously mysterious twinkle in his eyes.
I gulped, this...this thing is suspicious, all right.
 
After all, Key hyung brought us in a cosplay event.
 
--
 
"Hot girls! Hot girls in totally cool costumes everywhere! Oh, this is paradise! Heaven! Daebak!!" Jonghyun hyung looked like he can't breathe anymore.
"It's pretty nice. Do they have food in here?" Onew hyung scanned the stalls with longing.
"Ah, Kibum, I really wonder how you can drag into these sort of events and--" Minho hyung suddenly stopped in midsentence, his jaw dropping open.
"Is that..." He seems to be choking.
"...Pikachu?" He finished in a whisper.
"Yes." Key hyung said smugly, folding his arms across his chest.
"In...in the flesh?" Minho hyung gulped.
"A hundred percent accurate." Key hyung knows exactly what gets to Minho hyung.
I raised an eyebrow, anyone can see it was just a fat guy in a Pikachu mascot costume, not really in the flesh as he’s claiming.
 
"Can someone...take a picture of me with Pikachu? Please?" Minho hyung said in a surprisingly really dignified voice. He started wheezing as he handed me a camera.
 
I followed him and watched as he stiffly approached the giant Pikachu mascot to talk and proceeded to stand beside it like a CEO having his picture taken or whatever.
"Uhm, ready?" I asked unsurely and Minho hyung nodded rigidly again.
"Okay...1, 2, 3, smile!" I counted and pressed the shutter, just in time for Minho hyung's mouth to move a few millimeters in what seems to be already his smile.
 
"Who that?! Is that Minho's prom date?!" Jonghyun hyung came up to us, guffawing loudly, while pointing at the scene unabashedly.
 
I laughed a little, it was pretty funny how Minho hyung was nervous after all.
"Here." I handed him his camera back.
"You okay?" He nodded, looking at the picture before turning to us still looking serious, "I think...I think I need some time alone now."
 
"What's with Minho?" Onew hyung frowned worriedly.
"Bulbasour broke up with him." Jonghyun hyung kidded loudly again, slapping Onew hyung on the back hard while laughing like a hyena.
“You idiot, that’s Pikachu!” Key hyung rolled his eyes.
“Who cares! I’m confused with all these Sailormoon characters!” Jonghyun hyung huffed.
I sighed, he’s hopeless.
“Moron!” Key hyung muttered, annoyed, before he started to pull me away.
“Come on, we need to execute my plan before you turn into an idiot like them.”
 
--
 
“What? No!” I frowned, refusing to look at him.
“Do it.” He said, looking bored, and leaning against the room’s mirror.
“No.”
“Do it.”
“No way. Not in a million years!” I shook my head vehemently.
“What is wrong with you? This has got to be the coolest one in the whole convention and you’re being a coward!” Key hyung frowned, annoyed.
“I’m sorry, okay?” I threw my hands up helplessly. “I don’t think I can pull that off. I’m way too…” I looked down at my body self-consciously. “…skinny.” I finished sullenly.
“Well, I’m skinny too!” Key hyung shrugged.
“So? You’re not the one who’s going to wear that!” I complained.
“And I don’t even know if your plan will work, because one, they might not be here, two, that--”
“Stop it!” Key hyung narrowed his eyes, “is that your way of saying my advice ?!”
“No!” I said nervously. In the back of my head, I was thinking about his advice and how improbable it seems…
 
Wednesday
 
Ideal:
Look at the girls, they go shopping every day
So think about it, clothes are very important
You can’t fall behind with the trends
You need to look, pret-a-porter
With a neat outfit,
prepare a serious conversation…
 
Reality:
Put on this cosplay costume. Strike up a conversation. Act really manly and cool. Sweep her off her feet, and when the day ends and she shyly asks you to reveal who you are…
Well.
We all know what’s going to happen next.
 
“And anyway…” I began, shaking my head to get back to reality. “How do you even know if they’re going to be here? I mean, Aya noona doesn’t seem like an otaku to me.”
                                                                                                                                                                                        an otaku:
 
“Just trust me, okay? Now go and wear the costume!” Key hyung urged me.
“But uh…”
 
“HAHA! OMG! That teletubbies guy is so funny!”
“For the fifth time Aya, that guy is not teletubbies. It’s Barney! *le sigh* Wtf is that purple dinosaur doing here anyways…What the hell are we doing here…what the heck am I doing with my life….blah blah blah…”
 
I was pretty sure Key hyung’s eyes were as wide as my own when we heard the voices approaching the costume room.
 
“Do it now!” Key hyung hissed, pushing me towards the closet where the costumes were.
“Hurry! I’ll stall them and give you a signal to come out, okay?” He gave me one final push into the closet, closed the doors firmly and walked away.
 
“Key hyung!” I whispered loudly, panicking. What the hell. It’s so dark in here! I can’t see anything, let alone wear any costumes!
 
“Key!”
“Aya! Yuna! How lovely to see you both in here! What a pleasant surprise, really! And you even brought an unidentified girl with you. Awesome.” I heard Key hyung exclaimed a little bit too enthusiastically.
“Uh, do you have amnesia or what, Key? What pleasant surprise are you talking about?! Didn’t you call us all day yesterday and texted Aya like, a zillion times today just to get her to come to this event? I mean, really.” I heard Yuna noona’s ultra snotty voice said.
“I don’t recall inviting you, girlie.” Key hyung retorted back and I did a mini cheer for him in my head.
“Whatever. And this “unidentified girl” you’re talking about is called Kelsie, she’s our friend, okay?” Yuna noona huffed.
“Huh. Kelsie, eh? I’m Key! Nice to meet you! So tell me, how can you be friends with someone like Yuna anyway? Aya’s okay even though she broke Taemin’s heart and all…” I winced, what is Key hyung saying?!
“But this chick,” He paused, and I assumed he was gesturing towards Yuna noona now, “she’s just a real b*tch.”
“WHY YOU!!!” Yuna noona growled and I can almost see her lunging towards Key hyung.
“Yah, yah! Not the face!!!”
“YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!”
“Why, because the truth hurts?!?”
 
“Guys, guys!” I hear Aya noona interrupting, “Please don’t fight. You two are being silly. Yuna, stop being such a bully, and Key, thank you for inviting us. I really am enjoying it here.” I smiled a little, way to go Aya noona!
“See?” Key hyung sounded smug. “I only wanted Aya here and not you, anyways. And Kelsie too. She’s nicer than you. Prettier too!”
“Shut up. Aya, what are you talking about that you’re enjoying it here? That fat Pikachu guy kept on hitting on you with his lame pick-up lines and sleazy moves!”
“You’re just jealous because no one’s hitting on you.” I hear another teasing voice, probably the Kelsie girl.
 
“Well, anyways, Aya, don’t you just want to meet a really cool cosplayer?” Key hyung’s voice suddenly rose notches than his normal one.
“I mean really, a cool cosplayer who’s like, a hero or something. Don’t you want to meet someone like that?” Key hyung is practically shouting.
 
I gulped audibly when I realized that this was the signal that Key hyung is talking about.
But I’m not even dressed yet!!!!!!!
Panicking, I picked up a random costume hanging beside me and put in on quickly. Damn this darkness, I can’t see a thing!
 
“Why are you shouting, dude? We’re like, just, feet apart.” Yuna noona sounded annoyed.
“Who cares! I’m not talking to you!” Key hyung kept on shouting, and by this time, he was pounding outside the closet door.
“Uhm, Key. Why are you knocking on that closet door?” Kelsie asked.
“No, I’m not.” *knock knock KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* Key hyung laughed nervously.
“Who’s knocking? It must be you, Yuna! Quit it!”
“WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? WE CAN CLEARLY SEE YOU KNOCKING!!” Yuna noona sounded furious.
“Sheez, seriously. Why are you guys fighting anyways? Weirdos!” Aya noona shouted as well.
“Yah, yah, Aya! What are you doing…don’t open it yet!!” Key hyung screamed girlishly and I looked up from my crouching position when I saw a stream of light enter the closet door.
“What’s in here anyway?” I hear her voice more clearly now, and it’s drawing me in. I really want to talk to her again.
“Uh…wait, why don’t we go get tea first--” I hear Key hyung stalling to make sure I’m ready.
 
No, Key hyung. I thought. It’s okay, I can do this.
I stood up and walked out of the closet, while trying to control my breathing.
 
Well, here goes nothing.
 
--
 
“What the…”
“HUH!! WHAT IN THE WORLD! TAE—I MEAN—YOU!!!! I TOLD YOU TO WEAR THE TRANSFORMERS COSTUME WHY THE HECK ARE YOU--”
“KYAAAAAAA!!!”
 
I blinked, trying to balance myself into this huge mascot costume when, all of a sudden, I felt weight crashing onto me, toppling me on the ground.
My breath was knocked off of my chest, as I struggled to keep my head up from the ground,
“DORAEMON!” Groaning, I opened my eyes, only to see Aya noona’s face hovering over mine, an excited look in her features,
“I have loved you ever since I was a kid!! Give me your autograph, please!”
 
“Well, what do you know,” I hear Yuna noona’s voice echoing around the empty room.
“She finally got the name right.”
 
--
 
“Oh, Doraemon! You’re really so cute! Why aren’t you speaking?” Aya noona poke me, although of course, I didn’t feel it since it’s a really huge mascot, and not even just a typical costume.
“Don’t you like me? Am I not good enough?” She asked, and I can see her eyes tearing up.
 
Mother of all anime fhsfjhsajkf what the heck am I supposed to do now?
“Wait, wait, don’t cry!” I patted her back and she ended up coughing. Oops, might be a bit too strong.
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! Don’t cry!” I know my voice sounds muffled due to the largeness of the costume, but I am hoping that I am still able to comfort her somehow.
 
“So you like me?” She asked, looking up at me hopefully.
 
“Of course.” I said softly, nodding.
 
How ironic, I thought, as she held on to me like a weird fangirl.
That she is now talking to me again like a lovesick girl the way she always was with me.
 
It was like everything’s back to normal.
Except that it’s not Lee Taemin she’s in love with.
 
 --
 
“Aya has been hogging Doraemon non-stop.” Minho frowned, staring at the two from afar.
“Let her be! This is for Taemin.” Key said dismissively while eating popcorn with Onew.
“But that’s unfair! I want to take a picture with Doraemon!” Minho pouted.
“What a loser. Why don’t you just get a random picture of Doraemon on the net and photoshop yourself beside him or something.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes.
 
“Why the bad mood?” Onew raised an eyebrow inquisitively at the group’s dino.
“Don’t ask.” Jonghyun said darkly.
“I’ll tell you why,” Key began mischievously, “He was hitting on this really hot girl who was cosplaying as Little Mermaid’s Ariel.”
“And? He got rejected?” Yuna asked, smirking.
“No, he even got her number. I bet he was planning their wedding in his head already.” Key guffawed and Jonghyun scowled more,
“Shut up, Key!”
“That’s not so bad, what happened next?” A random passerby asked.
“Well, they were in the costume room, and Jonghyun was trying to put on the moves--”
“Kibum!” Jonghyun snarled warningly.
“—But then, when Jonghyun was about to kiss her, something bad happened.” Key continued, unconcerned about the venomous stares that Jonghyun kept on throwing at him.
“What?” The passerby asked, breathless.
 “Her wig fell off! Turns out she was a he after all! HAHAHAHAHA  WFJSFANVJKFNHASJKF OH MY STOMACH--” Key was in stitches at Jonghyun’s bad experience.
“Lol.” Onew said with a serious, uncaring face while stuffing his mouth full of popcorn.
“That’s stupid. How can you not recognize that she was a he?” Minho and the passerby both said at the same time.
“YEAH. WHATEVER! YOU GUYS ARE SO MEAN!” Jonghyun said, stomping away.
“I hate girls! And guys who look like girls!”
“Jinx! You guys both said the same thing at the same time!” Kelsie said, pointing at Minho and the passerby.
“Oh.” Minho blushed, “I guess we did.”
“Uh-huh…” The passerby looked shy too.
“So, what’s your name?” Minho asked, flashing her a boyish grin.
“It’s Jess.” The passerby said, smiling sweetly.
“Jess. Pretty name.” Minho said as he steered away the cute passerby from the group,
“So do you like Pikachu?”
“Seriously.” Yuna frowned, changing the subject. “Aya is just so weird today with all that love for Doraemon.” She looked at Key accusingly.
“This is all your fault!”
“Yes.” Key said, beaming proudly as he gazed at the odd pair from across the room.
“Yes, it is.”
 
--
 
Aya’s POV
 
“Cheese!” That must’ve been our twenty-fifth selca and Doraemon’s face was the same in all the pictures, but I don’t care because he’s perfect!!
“Can we sit down? My feet hurts. This costume is kinda heavy.” Doraemon complained and I quickly shot up to help him to the nearest bench.
“Of course, of course! I’m so sorry! I should’ve realized that!” I said, worried.
”Do you want to eat?”
He took quite a long time before he responded, “No.”
“You’re lying.” I observed dazedly.
“Of course not!” Doraemon’s voice sounded weak to me.
 
Hm, definitely need food! I always sound weak when I need food!
 
“Okay, tell you what. Stay here and I’ll be right back, okay?” I looked up at him, trying to peek at the person underneath.
“I’m not going anywhere.” He gave me an okay sign and I smiled brightly.
“Good! Stay put!”
 
--
 
Taemin’s POV
 
This stupid suit is so hot and heavy. Ugh. But it seems like Aya noona really likes it so I’m not complaining. At least we’re together again.
 
Thirty minutes must’ve passed before I felt a strong tap against my head,
“I’m back!” Aya noona grinned, carrying hotdogs and drinks.
 
FOOD!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
 
“Wow. Uh. You must be hungry.” I said, eyeing the hotdogs and the drinks that she was carrying longingly.
“It’s for you, silly!” She said, laughing.
“For me?” I asked, touched.
“Yes. I know you’re hungry!”
“Oh…” I looked at her hopefully, but then I remembered that for me to be able to eat, I would need to take off this mascot’s head then she’ll see me…
Then it’ll all be over.
 
No! I can’t let that happen!
 
“Well, I’m not! Not hungry at all!” I said quickly.
“What? It’s okay. You don’t even need to pay me back for this or whatever…consider it as a gift.” She smiled expectantly.
“Uh. No, no. It’s okay.”
“No?” She huffed. “You’re saying no?!”
I looked at her nervously, but of course she does not see this.
“Listen, you cute but weird mascot! You’re eating this whether you like it or not because I lined up for, like, 20 minutes just to buy this and that weird pokemon guy was hitting on me even at the waiting line!” She shouted and I winced.
Pokemon guy? What??
 
She sighed at my lack of reaction and sat beside me again,
“Please eat this. It would really mean a lot to me. You really are my favorite character ever since I was a little girl. And I’ve always dreamed of meeting you even though it’s so silly.” She looked at me wistfully.
“Do you know why?”
“Because you’re bizarre?” I blurted out and quickly covered my mouth at my slip but she only chuckled,
“No! Well, okay. Maybe I am. But mostly it’s because I just love all the things you produce in your pocket.” She pointed at my costume’s stomach.
“It seems like you have everything. You’re even a great friend to Nobita. When I was a little kid, I have always wished to Santa for something like you.” She said, smiling shyly.
“Because once I get you, I was planning to ask for endless supplies of crayons, ribbons, and cookies. But lately…” She shrugged, “with all that’s happening to me, I would have just asked for one thing.”
“What is it?” I asked, absorbed.
“A forgetfulness potion.” She mumbled.
“One that would make me forget everything.” She looked at me, “Well, actually, all I wanted to do is forget one guy. That’s it. Just forget him. So I can function again.”
“Oh…” I felt my heart become heavy after hearing that.
“Are you sure? Are you sure that it’s a good idea to forget him? I mean, what if for example, JUST FOR EXAMPLE, I’m that guy. What would you do?”
“You?” She looked at me and narrowed her eyes.
“You can never be Lee Taemin, my sweetest Doraemon. I mean, really, you’re not a heartbreaker like him, right? Don’t ruin your image for me, come on!” She frowned.
“Of course not.” I pouted, “Of course, I would never break your heart--”
“I know. Stop explaining, you’re not Lee Taemin, silly!” She suddenly hugged me.
“That’s why I love you, because you will never be him. Right?” She asked softly.
“…Right.” I said in a choked voice.
 
“Good. So can we go back to the real topic on hand now?” She gave me a creepy smile.
“Topic? What topic? Hey, what are you doing!” I panicked when she was suddenly all over me, a fierce look on her face.
“Aya noona! Er, I mean—random doraemon fangirl! Noona!!! What are you doing!!” I shouted when she continued to assault me in a very weird way.
“Eat you large mascot! EAT I SAY!!!!” She shouted, trying to get the head off so that she can cram the hotdog in my face.
I struggled, feeling like I was going to die. Wtf!? One second she was so emotional and the next she’s like this amazon lady who’s going to murder me.
“Miss! Miss! What are you doing!! You’re not allowed to harass the mascots!” I heard someone yell, and the next thing I knew, they were dragging a screaming Aya noona off me,
“BUT HE NEEDS TO EAT! MY DORAEMON NEEDS TO EAT! GET OFF ME YOU MEANIES!! CAN’T YOU SEE DORAEMON’S HUNGRY--”
“That’s it, young lady. Enough hotdogs for today. Let’s go. Let’s go. Chop chop.” The guards came in and carried her out, with a panicking Yuna and Kelsie on tow.
 
“What the f happened?” Key hyung asked, removing my mascot head.
“Eww. Taemin’s all sweaty.” Onew hyung gave me a disgusted look before he snatched up the hotdogs on the ground and started eating them.
“Onew hyung, those hotdogs were on the ground!” Minho hyung (who’s surprisingly with a cute girl that I’ve never seen before) looked aghast.
“FOOD IS MY LIFE WHY ARE YOU INSULTING IT?! WHAT ARE YOU, KING OF THE FALLEN FOOD ON THE GROUND DFAHJJKFNHAJVNAJF” Onew hyung glared at him while continuing to wolf down the snack.
“So all this time…you were doraemon?” Jonghyun hyung expression was one of disbelief.
“Yeah.” I mumbled, sighing.
“I hatched the perfect plan and you go and ruin it. Way to go.” Key hyung cheered unenthusiastically.
“Sorry.” I mumbled, as I stared at the drinks Aya noona left behind when she was dragged out,
“But to be fair, she never would’ve wanted Doraemon to be me anyway.”
 
--
Friday
 
Ideal:
Instead of staying still,
go up to her and talk to her
Smile first,
take care of her and yield to her.
But the answer is to move as your heart tells you
Everything will come to you as reality…
 
Reality:
I totally got this, Taemin. I will be hosting a senior-junior day…
 
That’s it?
 
Yes. That’s it. You need to be alert, Taemin. The opportunity will be there, be sure to grab it.
 
 
I listened to our professor drone on and on about the history of the Joseon dynasty. Ah, this is so boring and I want to go hom~e.
“Will Class 3B’s Lee Taemin, Kim Felecia, Park Ines, Yong Jean, Kang Nova, and Im Vivian go to the school gym right at this minute please?” The school’s speaker crackled, calling our attention.
I smartened up when I heard my name, what have I done? I thought nervously. But I honestly did not do anything wrong today!! I was a good student!! Or maybe…
 
MAYBE they found out that I printed 500 pages of fanfics this morning?!
 
. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!!?!!!!!!!!!!!
 
WHO SAW ME PRINT ALL THOSE PAGES?!!?!? OH NO!!!!!!!!!! BUT THEY WEREN’T EVEN COLORED!!!!!!!!!! OMO OMO WHAT SHOULD I DO…SHOULD I JUST BLAME IT ALL ON THE LIBRARIAN!?!?
 
“Taemin, aren’t you coming?” Our professor’s voice jolted me from my dazed panic.
“Ah yes, sir.” I stood up slowly and nervously began to walk out of the classroom with my other classmates who were called as well.
 
“Uh, why are we being called? Did we do something wrong?” I heard Felecia ask the others.
“Dunno. I did nothing bad…as far as I was concerned. All I did was to punch that other girl for insulting U-KISS, I mean, really, she deserves it! How dare she insult them!” Jean ranted.
“And all I did was to take the last pudding. I mean, it was reserved…but I paid double just to get it! It was so the lunch lady’s fault for accepting my money!” Ines looked a little guilty.
“Uh, my offense is much lighter than you guys. My fault was that I forgot to return a book to the library.” Nova shrugged.
“How long did you have it for?” Felecia asked curiously.
“2 years.”  Nova answered in a small voice.
“What?! The fee must be like, a 100,000 Won already!” Vivian was amazed.
“But as for me, all I did was to take those roses from the school garden! I mean, how was I supposed to know we’re not allowed to take them?!” She complained.
“Uh, wasn’t there a sign outside the green house forbidding us to get them?” Felecia asked, raising an eyebrow.
“But they were so pretty!” Vivian pouted, “And anyway, what did you do to get called?”
“Oh, I broke a test tube yesterday, although come to think of it…prof didn’t punish me when it happened. I guess, this is it.” Felecia shrugged.
 
I gulped nervously again after hearing their stories. All of them have offenses LIKE ME!!!! OH NO!!! I never should’ve printed all those fanfics!! But what was I to do!?! I mean, the printing in the library is free, how can I not take advantage of it?!
 
“What about you, Taemin? What did you do?” They all turned to me.
“M-Me?” I asked nervously. “I-uh—I went inside the girl’s room! No, wait. I went inside the girl’s locker room while cross-dressing. NO WAIT! ALL I DID WAS TO PRINT STORIES THAT’S ALL, IS THAT WRONG?!” I panicked.
 
“O…kay. Let’s just go inside the gym before he loses it.” Jean said, looking at me nervously.
 
Oh man, I bit my lip. I am so not printing fanfics in the library again!
--
 
“Hi guys, welcome, welcome!” I looked up on the stage, we were told to wait in the gym for about 20 minutes, and I swear I am just so nervous!
 
I frowned in surprise though, when I saw who was up there in the podium.
 
Minho hyung?! What is Minho hyung doing here?
 
“Good morning juniors!” Minho hyung’s voice boomed from the microphone he was holding confidently.
 
“You are here because you guys all did grave offenses, I’m sure you all know what it is.” He said, clucking his tongue in disappointment.
 
My shoulders drooped, I knew it! Someone told on me for printing all those stories!! Who the hell was it!? Oh man, I bet it was the librarian! What a traitor!
 
“As seniors, part of our responsibility would be to help you guys out in reforming yourselves.”
 
I looked up at him in dismay, seriously?! But all I did was to print STORIES DAMMIT!!!
 
“You will all be essential in the economy of our country when you’re older, we need to make sure that your moral foundation as human beings is solid and pure!” Minho hyung continued his idiotic speech.
 
“What?” The girls looked at each other, totally confused and annoyed.
“What the hell is Minho sunbae talking about? All I did was to get the last pudding!! Which I even paid for! Why would I need to reform?!” Ines ranted.
“THAT!” Minho hyung came down from the stage and crossed his arms against his chest. “…is exactly why you need to reform! Such unaccountable attitude!” He shook his head, staring at all of us intently.
“It breaks my Korean spirit! IT IS CRUSHED RIGHT NOW, LET ME TELL YOU!” He shouted into the microphone passionately.
 
Oh brother. Minho hyung sure is a patriotic dork!
 
“But don’t worry, we are here to help you.” Minho hyung continued shouting into the microphone.
 
I winced, why must he shout when he’s using a microphone for goodness’ sakes?!
“Uh, Minho hyung you do not need to shout, you are using a mic--”
 
“SILENCE, YOU SHAMEFUL LAWBREAKER!” Minho hyung shouted at my face.
 
I immediately stopped talking, embarrassed. MUST HE CALL ME A SHAMEFUL LAWBREAKER WHEN ALL I DID WAS TO PRINT?!?!
 
“Now, please let me finish talking. As I was saying, we are here to help you in doing a moral intervention on yourselves.” He smiled,
“And helping me with that is none other than the leaders of the other sport clubs!” He gestured grandly to the door as it opened slowly, revealing:
 
Son Dongwoon – the school’s football team quarterback.
Bang Min Soo – the school’s swimming team captain.
Lee Sungyeol – the school’s Karate team master.
Kim Eli – the school’s fencing team captain.
Jung Il Hoon – the school’s tennis team captain.
 
My jaw dropped open when I saw who went in last; wearing their official volleyball uniform and a clueless expression on her face was the girls’ volleyball team’s captain.
 
Aya Toma.
 
 
I felt as though I was punched so hard in the stomach and never in my whole life did I really, truly regret printing a whole lot of stories in our library.
 
No. No freaking way.
 
You have got to be kidding me.
 
--
 
“Well, I am sure everyone knows our school team captains. All of them are very much good in what they do, they developed discipline, team work, and good sportsmanship in the long due of their sports career. Including me, of course. Heheh.” Minho hyung chuckled fondly.
 
Il Hoon sunbae suddenly raised his hand in the middle of hyung’s speech, “Uh, Minho? I have only been actually a captain for two months. So I’m not sure if I embody all those things you’re saying.”
 
Minho hyung looked frustrated, “SSH!! Why must you say it in front—“ He stopped, noticing our stares, “I mean, never mind that, Il Hoon-shii! You’re plenty capable! Okay, so phase one of reforming shameful lawbreakers will now commence!”
 
I frowned, there’s that stupid shameful lawbreakers thing again.
 
But my frown completely dissipated into a look of panic when Minho hyung uttered his next words:
“Now, shall we start with pairing you guys up with our team captains?”
 
--
 
Aya’s POV
My face went entirely white. Damn that Minho! Is this why he had insisted that I join in this ‘Reformation of the Shameful Lawbreakers’ activity?!
 
I mean, seriously! I can see right through him!
 
All the other juniors here are girls, so obviously they will be partnered with the boys, and guess who’s the only junior male here?
 
Yup.
 
And who’s the only female team captain present right now?
 
DAMN YOU CHOI MINHO!!
 
“Okay! Pairing you up, this should be fun! But first, let me explain some things.” Minho smiled idiotically.
 
“We will be doing activities that will surely make all of you better individuals by the end of this event. You guys will learn teamwork, creativity, obedience to the rules, and good citizenship!” He announced perkily.
 
“And to start off, there is only one rule to this pairing: make sure to be partners with the opposite .
 
I saw Taemin’s face go white as well. Yeah, there you go, kid. That’s your friend. Isn’t that so sad?
 
“Okay, pair yourselves up in five, four, three…”
 
We all immediately scurried to find our partners. Still panicking, I grabbed one of the junior girls firmly.
“You’re with me.”
 
“What? But sunbae, you’re a girl, and it’s against the rules!”
“No, ignore what the loser said! He’s just on drugs!” I shushed her, holding on to her arm as if my life depended on it.
 
“…One! All right, let’s check!” Minho went to us, giving a thumbs up to the correct pairs.
“Ah, and what’s this?” He frowned when he stopped in front of us.
 
“Sisterhood.” I said, lifting my chin up indignantly.
“Aya, Aya, Aya!” He shook his head, laughing (which is totally a fake laugh, I can tell!).
“Not following the only rule, eh? You want to be a shameful lawbreaker too?!” He suddenly looked serious.
“We leaders need to be good examples! Don’t you agree?” He stared at me meaningfully.
 
“Uh, but…there’s no boy here!” I said, trying not to look at Taemin.
“Taemin is here, Aya. What are you, blind?” Eli said, stepping forward with Taemin, a pissed off look on his face.
“Now if I may take the right partner please…” He mumbled, taking the hand of the girl I forcefully took in as my partner.
 
“Yes, yes. Good job, Eli! See guys? He’s being a good citizen right now!” Minho looked pleased.
“Now let’s try that again, shall we?” Minho grabbed Taemin and positioned him next to me.
“Well, I say we found you guys the right partner.” He winked at me and Taemin.
 
I sneaked a peek at my new partner, and saw his expression of I-can’t-believe-my-hyung/friend-who-I-trusted-my-entire-life-betrayed-me-like-this face.
 
Yup, you and me both buddy. Well, except that Minho is not my friend.
 
And after this event, he never will be.
 
--
 
Taemin’s POV
 
Way to go, Minho hyung. When he told me he’d be hosting a senior-junior day, I wasn’t exactly expecting this.
 
I stared at him with my I-can’t-believe-my-hyung/friend-who-I-trusted-my-entire-life-betrayed-me-like-this face the entire time he was talking, hoping he’ll feel super guilty.
 
How could he do this to me? Can he not see how hard this is for me…and for her?
Hyung is an idiot.
 
And this is the worst advice ever.
 
“Okay, for our first activity, we will be doing Going To The Market, are you guys familiar with it?” Minho hyung asked sunnily.
 
“I AM! I AM! PICK ME!” Il Hoon sunbae said happily, raising his hand up and waving it around.
 
“Er, okay. Why don’t you come here in front and demonstrate it to us, Il Hoon?” Minho hyung nodded.
 
“Gladly!” Il Hoon sunbae stood up, with his partner (it was Jean, and she sure didn’t look very happy) and marched up in front.
 
“Okay first, the ‘mother’ who is the one who’s going to go to the ‘market’ needs to take these clothes,” He held up a motherly dress, socks, shoes, a pair of shades, and a cap.
“and the daughter/son should help her wear them. After that, the ‘mother’ would go take this bowl,” He held the large bowl filled with fruits and vegetables up, “and go through the obstacles and back to the ‘house’ after which, the next player, the ‘daughter/son’ will act as the mother this time and repeat the whole process.” He then demonstrated the whole thing to us, even accidentally slipping on his way back and scattering all the fruits on the floor.
“Well, that’s how you do it!” He said, still smiling and looking pained at the same time after his demonstration.
 
Hm, so that’s how you do it. Poor Il Hoon sunbae though, he already looks tired after that small demo.
 
Oh well, bigger chance of winning for us!
--
 
Aya’s POV
 
HA! Minho can just it if he thinks I’m helping his friend here reform! (although Taemin badly needs it) No way will I want anything to do with him!
 
HA.
 
Forget it Minho.
 
So not helping. Period.
 
--
 
Taemin’s POV
 
“That’s correct! Great job, Il Hoon! Okay,” Minho hyung smiled at us like the great host he is, after sunbae’s demo. “Are you guys ready? Oh by the way, the winner of this challenge will be given a really great prize and the junior will be abstained from his/her offense. So unless you guys want to be kicked out, I think it’s best that you give your all to win.” He made a fighting sign.
 
I almost choked, KICKED-OUT!? FOR PRINTING STORIES?!
 
What the hell have I gotten myself into!?
--
 
Aya’s POV
 
KICKED-OUT?!
 
IS CHOI MINHO CRAZY?!
 
GREAT.
 
I looked at Taemin and his totally pale face and shaking form.
HOW CAN I NOT HELP HIM NOW?!
 
--
 
Taemin’s POV
 
“I know this is awkward,” I murmured to Aya noona. “But please, I don’t want to get kicked-out. Please. Help me with this.” I looked at her earnestly.
 
She stared back at me, the look of confusion and indecisiveness flooding her expressions, before she finally sighed and looked at the other way,
“I guess…It can’t be helped.”
 
--
 
“FASTER! FASTER YOU FOOL! HOW ARE WE GOING TO WIN AT ALL?!” I heard Nova shouting at her partner, Dongwoon sunbae.
 
“Can you please not shout? It’s making me more nervous!” Dongwoon sunbae hurriedly put on the cap and picked up the bowl of fruits. Unfortunately, he tipped it over, scattering everything on the floor.
“AIGOO!”
 
I grimaced, Nova shouted at him again. Sheez, girls are crazy!
 
“YAH TAEMIN-AH! ARE YOU NOT GOING TO HELP ME AT ALL!?” Aya noona’s loud, panicked voice surprised me.
“Hurry! Give it to me!” She raised both her hands up so that I can fit the large dress over her, and I hastily placed it on her along with the cap; all awkwardness between us was gone for the moment.
“Shoe! Shoe! Where’s the other one!” She kept on shouting.
“Taemin! You’re wearing the other one! Why the heck are you wearing it!”
I looked down at my feet, she was right! Why the heck was I wearing the other shoe anyway? “Here!” I said, bending down and putting it on her left foot.
“FASTER! GO NOW!” I shouted in panic, while handing the bowl to her.
She quickly sprinted away, being the only girl captain today, she was totally used to running with heels on.
I watched as she defeated the other captains easily, most of them were slipping because of the heels.
 
Suddenly, Aya noona turned another way and ran out of the gym so fast. I blinked, shocked. Where is she going?
I looked at Minho hyung and the others but they look like they don’t care. Why doesn’t anyone care?
“Taemin~”
 
I looked up, and Aya noona was there; by the basketball courts, shooting something continuously.
 
“Aya noona? What are you doing??” I asked, bewildered.
“Come closer, Taemin.” She whispered, still shooting.
What was strange though was that she wasn’t shooting a ball.
 
No.
 
She was shooting…
 
“Here, Taemin. You want this?” She asked in a really y voice while sauntering  over to me.
 
“You want banana milk, don’t you?” She asked in that strange, sensual voice again.
“H-Huh?” I blushed madly.
 
“Or perhaps…you want my milk?”
 
WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY?!
“Noo…Noona?”
 
“Taemin? Taemin-ah!!” I blinked, my heart almost jumping when I suddenly found her face to face with me, while holding out the cap and the bowl.
“Stop daydreaming! Faster, put this on! it’s your turn!” She quickly took off the dress.
 
I stood there, my mouth opened, wait. What? I don’t get it!
“Taemin!” She said urgently.
“Ah…yeah.” I nodded dazedly, slipping the dress over my head.
 
“AND WE HAVE A WINNER!”
We all looked up to see Minho hyung raising the right hand of Vivian up. Her face was flushed, and Min Soo sunbae looked like he was ready to collapse any minute.
“Winner for round one is Im Vivian and Min Soo! Good job, you two!” Minho hyung applauded them by himself.
 
My jaw dropped open, how can that be?! Aya noona’s distance to the other team captains was almost MILES how could he win?!
“Yah!” I shouted, “That’s chea--”
 
“SSH! Taemin-ah! What are you doing?!” Aya noona quickly clamped a hand over my mouth.
“But they were cheating!” I complained through a muffled voice.
“They were not! It was your fault! You were just standing there daydreaming for three minutes, darn it!” She frowned, huffing.
“I was?” I frowned as well. That…Aya noona shooting banana milks and running over to mde…was only a daydream?
 
It was only a three-minute daydream?!
 
“…And last place is Lee Taemin and Aya. Hey, hey. Get your head in the game, huh?” Minho hyung said, flashing me a frown before he slapped a sad face sticker on my shirt.
 
“What…” I mumbled, staring at the sticker.
“But--”
 
“Get two of these sad face stickers and you’re out of the game, got it?” He looked at all of us.
 
TWO?! BUT WE ALREADY HAVE ONE!
 
“All right,” Minho hyung smiled again, “Shall we begin round two now?”
 
--
 
“Round two would be the Musical chairs! Now, I assume everyone knows this game already? I mean, it’s always being played at children's parties!” Minho hyung grinned excitedly.
“No.” Ines replied, looking bored.
“I don’t know it either.” Felecia shrugged.
 
“Seriously?!” Minho hyung looked at them in disbelief.
“What, were you not kids once or something?”
 
“Yah! Don’t say that to my partner!” Sungyeol sunbae frowned.
 
“Okay, okay. jeez. Well, since your partners don’t know how this game works, I’m sure you can explain the mechanics to them later. All right guys, for those who do know, it’s the usual procedure: you just need to make sure one of you survives, but here’s the twist: if one of you gets eliminated, then both of you loses. Okay?”
 
WHAT?! Seriously, what the hell is wrong with Minho hyung?!
 
“You and your sadistic games.” Aya noona muttered, glaring at Minho hyung.
 
“Sadistic?” Minho hyung looked offended.
“How dare you—Oh. Wait. Sadistic…Hm, let’s twist up the game a little more or it will get boring. Right?” He looked like he was planning something really devious.
 
“How can it get boring when I don’t even know how to play it?” Felecia frowned.
“Honestly…I don’t know how to play it too…” Il Hoon sunbae piped up, looking embarrassed.
“But please teach me!!” He pleaded with wide eyes.
 
“Fine, the game starts with any number of players and a number of chairs one fewer than the number of players; the chairs are arranged in a circle (or other closed figure if space is constrained; a double line is sometimes used) facing outward, with the people standing in a circle just outside of that. A non-playing individual plays recorded music or a musical instrument. While the music is playing, the players in the circle walk in unison around the chairs. When the music player suddenly stops the music, everyone must race to sit down in one of the chairs. The player who is left without a chair is eliminated from the game, and one chair is also removed to ensure that there will always be one fewer chair than there are players.” Minho hyung explained.
 
I raised my hand. “I still don’t get it!”
 
“WHAT?! TAEMIN! NOT YOU TOO!” Minho hyung started to tear at his hair in frustration.
 
“Minho sunbae has gone crazy!” Ines’ eyes were wide with fright.
“Pfft. That’s nothing. His whole description of the game a while ago came from Wikipedia. He is so a plagiarizer. YAH MINHO SUNBAE! You’re a shameful lawbreaker too!” Vivian pointed out.
 
“Oh man. The things I do for love…I mean, friendship…” Minho hyung muttered, looking tired.
“What is wrong with you guys?! I play music, stop it, then all of you just need to find a chair out of these,” He gestured to the set-up of chairs on the center.
“One who ends up not having a chair, loses.”
 
“I see…” I nodded.
“So what’s the twist?” Aya noona asked.
 
“Simple.” Minho hyung smiled sweetly and gestured to the chairs.
“We only have five chairs, when we have 12 players. Get it?”
 
“Uh, you don’t know how to count?” Dongwoon sunbae guessed. “I mean, we’re 12 here, so what’s with the five chairs? Duh!”
 
“Not that! There’s supposed to be five chairs, because there are only six teams!” Minho hyung grinned.
 
“Wait, what? How are the rest going to sit?” Jean asked.
 
“Here’s the twist I was talking about: You have to carry your partner!” Minho hyung looked really excited.
 
HOW CAN HE BE THAT EXCITED WHEN I JUST FELT MY HEART DROP!?
CARRY OUR PARTNERS?? WHAT??
 
“Who’s going to carry who?” Aya noona asked, looking horrified.
 
“The boys, of course.” Minho hyung replied and I gulped more.
 
This is the worst advice ever. Seriously.
 
“But since you said I’m sadistic…” He pointed at Aya noona,
“I’m making the team captains carry their partners. How’s that for sadistic?” He smirked triumphantly.
 
“It’s still the same.” Nova made a face.
 
“Not for them.” Minho hyung laughed loudly while pointing at our team like a moron.
“Now that that’s all set, let’s start the game.”
 
All this time, I’m having trouble breathing because of what Minho hyung just said.
 
I hate Minho hyung. I really, really do.
 
--
 
After three rounds, we were surprisingly still in the game; and I don’t know if it was just me but it was so easy to decipher Minho hyung’s timing on when he’s going to stop the music.
 
Here’s his strategy: he stops it every twenty seconds. Like seriously, I even see him counting under his breath, and when he goes beyond 20, even just a second, he gets angry at himself and makes this frustrated face. What a loser!
 
“…and stop!” Minho hyung declared and watched us as we scurried to find a seat.
“Uh, Sungyeol, why are you the one sitting on your partner’s lap?? ELIMINATED!”
 
“Oh! Sorry, sorry! We panicked--”
 
“ELIMINATED!!!!!!!” Minho hyung shouted at his face again.
 
“So mean…” Sungyeol pouted, while leading his partner away while us and the remaining team (Il Hoon’s) laughed discreetly so as not to hurt his feelings.
 
Minho hyung shrugged and suddenly announced in a bored voice: “All right, all right. This is so boring, so I’m just declaring you guys the winner!” Minho hyung suddenly pointed at Il Hoon sunbae’s team.
 
“WHAT?!” I exploded. “HOW CAN THEY WIN WHEN WE HAVEN’T STARTED THE NEXT ROUND YET?!”
“YAH CHOI MINHO! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU--” Aya noona stopped when Minho hyung slapped something on her shirt.
 
It was a sad face sticker.
 
“Aw, too bad. You guys are out of the game and have to face punishment! Okay, okay. Show’s over. Everyone is free to go!” Minho hyung shouted, leading all the other confused teams out of the gym.
 
“Wait, so we’re not getting kicked out???”
“But I want to play more!”
 
I tuned out what the others were saying and threw a murderous glance at Minho hyung.
 
“YAH!!!!!! WHY DID WE LOSE?! WE DIDN’T EVEN GET ELIMINATED FIRST!!” Aya noona shouted  while grabbing a ball and throwing over at Minho hyung’s head, which actually hits him; but Minho hyung only shrugged as if it didn’t hurt and walked away,
“Aya, he is now your responsibility. You need to talk to him about…uh, good sportsmanship. Okay, gotta go guys! Bye!”
 
And with that, the thunderous closing of the gym doors reverberated all around.
 
We’re finally alone.
 
Let me repeat that.
 
We’re finally, finally alone.
 
Hm, something tells me that’s not a good thing.
 
--
 
“ARRGH! THAT STUPID MINHO!!!” She ranted, looking furious.
“Seriously, Taemin! How can you even be friends with someone like that? He’s not a true friend, I’m telling you!!”
 
I sighed, truth be told, I get why Minho suddenly declared us the losers and left us at this gym. This. This situation…it’s his plan right from the start.
 
And honestly, I’m not letting this chance go to waste anymore.
 
“Aya noona, can we talk?” I began bravely.
 
She finally stopped ranting and stared at me. I noticed how she suddenly blushed and looked away; it must be because she now realized the reality of our situation.
 
“I should go.” She said in a weirdly quiet voice but I quickly jumped up,
“No, please, noona. Let’s talk. Please.” I begged.
 
“Talk?” She echoed before looking at me ruefully.
 
I threw her a pleading look and she closed her eyes in defeat.
“Fine. I must have a death wish for agreeing to this, but okay.” She sighed, lowering herself beside me.
 
“Thank you.” I said in relief.
“So…how are you?” I smacked my head mentally the moment I asked it, what a really stupid conversation starter!
 
“Bad.” Her blunt response set me off.
“I mean, why do you seem to be everywhere, Taemin?” She asked, she looked sad as she said it.
 
“Everywhere?” I asked, puzzled.
 
“Everywhere.” She repeated, “These days, I seem to be encountering you so much, even though I don’t want to.” She sighed.
 
Is that bad? Because I feel exactly the opposite, I actually want to see her all the time.
I decided to let go her comment though and just go straight to the point.
“I know I probably don’t deserve this but…” I bit my lip, “but can you please tell me the reason?”
 
“Reason for what?” She blinked.
 
“For leaving me like that. I get that we’re not really a couple, but…but, somehow, I just…I just considered…”’ I swallowed and let out a breath, and decided to rephrase, “I mean, you were…my noona. And no one else’s.”  I mumbled in a choked voice. Actually, You were mine, was what I really wanted to say, but something was just stopping me.
 
Ah, Taemin, when will you stop being a coward?
 
“Your noona.” She gave me an empty smile.
“And that’s all I am, right?”
 
I winced, how would I even begin to make her understand?
“No, that’s not what--”
 
“I got tired, Taemin.” She confessed, looking down at her shoes.
“I got tired of waiting and just taking it all in. I got tired of you always taking me for granted. I got tired that whatever we had, I had to hold on to it far too strongly just to make it work. It was tiring, Taemin. You. You were tiring.” She pursed her lips, and she looked like she wanted to cry.
 
“I looked at it positively at first. Tired? Why not make it tried, right?” She gave me a tiny smile.
“So that’s what I did. I tried and I tried, hoping you’ll come around, but my efforts weren’t enough.” She shrugged.
 
“I’m sorry.” I choked out, I always seem to apologize to her, but right now, I had no means to bring comfort.
 
“It’s okay.” She whispered.
“I mean, I’ll move on. Eventually.” She looked down again before finally looking at me.
 
I smartened at that, move on? Eventually? So that means…
 
“You and Gong Chan…” I started, but she cut me off.
“Chan is really nice.” A smile I have never seen on her suddenly appeared.
“He takes care of me well, and I’m happy. Really, really happy.”
 
“You’re happy? He makes you happy?” I asked stupidly, my heart is breaking all over the place.
 
“Yeah.” She nodded.
“Listen, Taemin. I’ve grown up a lot, and I’m not the same Aya anymore. ” She smiled, even though it looked a little strained to me.
“So since, I’ve changed for the better, I’ve decided on one thing.”
 
“H-Huh?” I’m not sure I want to hear it.
 
“I decided that we can be friends, at least, Lee Taemin.” She smiled a little more genuinely this time.
“That’s great, right?”
 
No. No. No.
 
Friends? I don’t want to be friends.
 
“Right.” I murmured, not looking at her.
 
“Good. Let’s end this in peace, hoobae…no, wait. Dongsaeng! Yup, dongsaeng. Friends?” She held out her hand to me.
 
I can’t even move. That single sentence contains so many wrong things.
 
Dongsaeng? Friends?
 
But I love her. I cannot just be friends with her. I’d rather die.
 
Come on, Taemin. This is the only time you can be brave. For once in your life, do the right thing!
 
Is this really what you want, noona?
 
I stared at her hopeful face, her shaking hand, and her somewhat shielded eyes. If I can make her happy forever, I would do it.
 
Even if it kills me.
 
“Friends.” I attempted a smile and shook her hand.
 
It was that very moment that I felt like I sealed my own doom, because I realized that no amount of lies that I’ve ever said in my entire life…has ever felt this painful.

you have (1) HATE MAIL 
taemin_icon_by_xbluestars-d3g7se6.png


Please kill me if you will. I updated soooooo late :'( and gave you a really bad one at that. I'M SO SORRY! :'((

I totally promise to make it up to you guys. <3  thank you for sticking with me!

And for the upvoters, did you see my surprise? YEAHHH. You guys are cameos here! YAY! :') keke, sorry if I seem so weird just suddenly appearing on your wall and asking for your name. ROFL. I think some of you guys got scared. ;_; 'kays, anyway, that's all!

thank you's for my upvoters. you guys should check out their stories, they're really amazeballs! <3

Cherry214: Twisted

seaofblue:  Sweet, Cute, Idiotic, Annoying

baa_baa_kyuhyun_Prom Queen

Seoul-dreamerPlayboy vs. Icy Witch

breakingnewsBloody Holiday

leejinki07The Day Before The Winter Started

soofleThe Forget-Me-Not Paradox

pumpkinspice123Hush Hush

naomisnprThe Kingkas are Fighting Over Me!

turkkitofuThe Perfect Picture

SMcaerinMy Annoying Boyfriend, Key!

vatshappening_yoNotebook

ScarletWoundsShawol Scenarios

-CielPhantomhive-:+ MINSTR£LS ↬ review + graphic。

advertising_site: an advertising profile! cool! :')

Taolowan: ✖ Heartless...✖ *No Minwoo Love Story*

fishaeEarly Twenties

anniebannanie9:  Red String of Fate

mrose0626Like Falling Snow

POWERS TIMEEEEE! :)

minwoo_key_fan1: I give you power to be Minwoo's favorite fan girl! <3

DairyCow: I give you the ability to forever look young~

WG_lover119: I give you the ability to be as gorgeous as the WGs!

dahappycat: I give you the power to shape shift into your fave idol! ;)

KPOP_lover_girl76: I'll give you beauty to rival the prettiest girl groups!

SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO THESE LOVELY READERS:

waffletopkai 
luhanspussey
 
Thank you for posting snapshots of this fic in IG! I discovered it by accident and I was so touched. /crying THANK YOUUUUU :*

BTW, trailer of this fic is on the foreword. Go watch if you want! <3 creds to lushifer. Thanks hun!

There you go! Thanks guys! I'll update soon, I promise! <3