Reason to Quit #1: He agreed

☠x The Noona Hater x☠

I fixed my hair in soft curls cascading down my back, put on 'no make-up' make-up, twirled around at least five times, danced APink's I Don't Know and My My continuously and took probably 30+ selcas.

I put on my stilettos, blew a kiss infront of the mirror, grabbed my pearl pink bag and called to my brother that I was ready.
 
Finally.
 
The one thing I've been asking for from Taemin.
 
He finally gave it to me.
 
I, Aya Toma, am going on a date with Lee Taemin tonight.
 
A real date.
 
Already, I can tell, this night is going to be perfect.
 
--
 
"Is he there yet?" My brother, Seungho oppa, asked while peering at the expensive restaurant which he drove me at.
 
Yes. I cannot believe it myself!
I would have expected my first date with Taemin in these venues:
 
1. Milk Land in that new mall built downtown.
I have already seen Taemin there more than three times by himself, happily sipping his precious banana milk shakes along with other four year olds who were crowding around him, probably asking him to wait for them to grow up so they can date my Taemin or whatever.
 
Yeah, right, little miss sunshine.
As if dongsaengs will ever win against noonas.
 
I rolled my eyes and smirked.
 
Nevertheless, I pressed my forehead against the window of that shop and gave that little girl a menacing glare to which she replied by tilting her head to the side, pointing at me and shouting
'UMMA! UMMA! IT'S THAT OLD NEIGHBOR AGAIN! HI AHJUMMAAAAA!'
 
I immediately leaned back.
OLD NEIGHBOR?! AHJUMMA?!
How dare that little girl! She wasn't even my neighbor!!
 
Other people turned to me, squinting their eyes, trying to see why this little girl would call me, one of the most beautiful targets at school, a FREAKING AHJUMMA!
 
"How old is she?" I heard one whisper to another.
"Dunno. She looks young. Maybe 16. But that little sweetie pie called her an ahjumma."
"She probably had a facelift."
"Yeah. It's no surprise. Old people these days...Tsch."
 
I turned my death glare at them.
"Excuse me, I am only sixteen! If there's anyone here who needs to be altered, it's--"
I stopped short when I saw Taemin had noticed me and was looking at me in disbelief.
"Oh, Hi hubby!" I waved to him excitedly.
 
He looked embarrassed.
"Oh my god...not here too." He mumbled and turned to the guy at the counter.
"I think I'll just have that shake to go, please."
 
2. At the movies.
It is so incredibly romantic, of course! I would pick horror movies and pretend to be all scared and cling into Taemin. Muahahaha.
 
I mean, that move totally worked for Joon, my ex.
 
Except that he must've liked it a lot, because he would always bring me to watch horror movies even though I told him a million times that I don't want to watch them anymore!
I'm not even clinging to him like the first few times we went together, so I totally don't get why he's still bringing me there when I clearly won't give him any action, at all.
 
Stupid Joon not letting me watch the latest chick flick!
That is exactly the reason why I left him. He's really weird, too bad he's so hot and has such nice abs...
 
Hmmm...should I get back together with him? What do you guys think??
*and by magic, aya makes a poll visibly appear infront of you guys so that you can take a vote.*
 
 
Oh wait, maybe not. After all, I have Taemin now!
 
Anyway, who the hell cares?!
 
I'm going on a date!
I'm going on a date!
Where am I going?
*clap**clap**clap* A date!
Where am I going?
*clap**clap**clap*A date!
Where am I going?
*clap**clap**clap*A Daateeee!
 
I stopped, panting. OMG.
I must totally stop the kids I'm babysitting from watching Dora the Explorer.
It's totally getting to me. o_o
 
"Is he there already?" My overprotective brother who I now know, secretly like milks, asked again.
 
"Of course he is!" I lied, just wanting to get rid of my milk-loving brother immediately.
 
"I don't think I see him anywhere..." My brother murmured doubtfully.
 
I rolled my eyes."He is so there. See?" I saw a flash of blond hair and I smiled.
"Now, go. I can manage from here oppa. Thank you!" I gave him a sweet smile which I know he usually
backs down from.
 
He frowned. "Where? I'm not leaving you here until I see him!"
Arrrgh. Stupid oppa being protective at the wrong time!
 
"Seungho oppaaaa! Please! You're embarrassing me!"
 
He looked at me, hurt.
"Embarrassing you?! How?? We're just standing here together!"
 
"That's the whole point! Why don't you just leave now, oppa?" I pouted.
 
"Aish, this kid. Are you really sure he's there? Why isn't he going out to fetch you then?" He looked annoyed.
 
"He's probably holding on to our reserved table! Maybe some other couple wants to snatch it away or something."
 
"That's why it's reserved. No one can snatch it away, my stupid little sister." He mumbled.
 
I crossed my arms.
"Oppa. Please? I'm really, really late for the date." I lied again even though I still have 30 minutes to go.
 
"Fine." He sighed. "Call me if anything goes wrong, okay? I'll fetch you immediately."
He shuffled away from me and towards his car but not before I heard him grumble.
"It's just that I don't trust that kid..." He shook his head and went inside of his car and drove off.
 
Finally!
 
I entered the restaurant with a smile. Seungho oppa didn't need to worry, Taemin isn't like that.
 
I tried to look for the blond hair I saw awhile ago but was unsuccessful, the place was full of people having romantic dinners and waiters scurrying about, serving them. Musicians went around, asking for requests.
 
I grinned. I can't believe Taemin took me here for our first date! Well, he didn't technically take me here but this is where he scheduled our date to be.
 
"Excuse me, do you have any reservations under Lee Taemin?" I asked the head waiter who was waiting on guests.
 
"For awhile, miss." He scanned the list, I saw his eyes go over them twice.
"Hmm...I'm sorry. We have no reservations under that name for tonight."
 
"Oh."
My face fell. Taemin didn't make reservations? Was he just planning to grab a table once we arrive then?
 
"I can you to an empty table, miss. Would you like that?" The head waiter must've noticed my confused look and I nodded, almost eagerly.
At least I didn't have to stand here like an idiot.
 
He ushered me to a table for two and lit up the candle on the center.
It was incredibly pretty and romantic.
If only Taemin were here right now, it would be complete.
 
"Enjoy, madam." The head waiter bowed and walked off before I had the chance to thank him properly.
 
I looked around. This is so wonderful, I can't wait to order and taste the food and most of all, I can't wait for Taemin to arrive already~
 
I checked my phone for messages. There were none. Except for Chan who was texting me on a daily basis ever since I corrected my number on his phone.
 
Noona! What are you doing?
 
Waiting. I'm on a date, Chan.
 
What?! D: With whom? D: Noona...I can't believe you would betray me! T_T
 
I laughed. I know that Chan was just joking around with his text messages, like always.
 
With Taemin. :) don't worry, Chan. We'll go on a date soon. I promise! Just as long as you're paying.
 
Of course! I'm going to save up now. Haha :) tell me how the date went, noona. I will beat Taemin, because I'm a better date than him! <3 keke.
 
I rolled my eyes. As if. But Chan's so cute, you can’t help but let go those stupid remarks of his.
 
"Good evening! Are you ready to order?" The waiter who kept on asking me awhile ago for my order, came by again.
 
"Uhmmm..." I frowned. I really didn't want to order while Taemin isn't here just yet.
"I'll just have the house salad, thanks. And water please."
 
"Oui." The waiter bowed and walked off.
Thank goodness. I checked my phone again. Still nothing.
Should I text Taemin?
 
Taemin! Where are you? Are you on your way? I'm here already, and I already have a table for us.
 
I texted and fixed my ringlets which were hanging softly on my shoulder.
Where is he?
 
My thoughts were again interrupted by that waiter awhile ago.
This time, he already has my order.
 
"Thank you." I murmured when he had placed it with a flourish in the table.
I nibbled a little on the salad, not at all hungry.
 
After a while of no replies whatsoever from Taemin, I texted him again.
Different words this time, although they contained the same message.
Somehow, there was an unexplainable feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Something that tells me that I've already experienced this before.
 
Being ditched, being ignored.
 
Still, I didn't falter on my resolve to wait for him.
 
Taemin might have ditched me before, but I'm positive he won't do it this time, right?
I'm positive he isn'tthat heartless.
 
I tried to think optimistically:
How Taemin had quickly agreed when I asked him for a date.
How he was the one who even set the time and the place.
How he seemed to have forgotten about our little tiff back in the library...
 
I checked my phone for the umpteenth time.
8:30 PM.
 
8:30...
 
We had agreed to meet at 7:00 PM.
"I'll come in a new dress Taemin." I held an excited smile as I relayed this information to him.
 
"Sure." He shrugged. "Make sure what you're going to look like is going to be worth my time."
 
I laughed.
 
I had laughed and dismissed how he always seem to not treat me like a lady.
How he had acted as if it didn't really matter...
 
I bit my lip.
 
How it didn't really matter...
 
Should I still wait?
 
--
 
I left a fifth message on Taemin's phone, straight to voicemail again.
 
Maybe he got stuck in traffic?
Maybe he's not sure what he should wear.
 
As if he gives a damn.A voice in my head sneered.
Taemin knows you'll still like him whatever he chooses to wear.
 
I shook my head.
 
Well maybe...he just got caught up in something.
Something that's important at this time...
But that's fine because he'll arrive. I know he will.
 
What if he won't? Then what would you do?The voice in my
head contradicted me again.
"Then I will wait." I said softly to myself.
 
Perseverance had always been one of my best traits.
 
You should run for martyrdom. I'll nominate you.The stupid voice in my head sarcastically said again.
 
I closed my eyes, trying to keep my thoughts in order.
Taemin will not ditch me. He's just running late.
Taemin will not ditch me. He's just running late.
Taemin will not ditch me. He's just running late.
I chanted in my head, mostly trying to convince a part of myself that is beginning to doubt this.
 
Taemin will not ditch me. He's just--
 
Suddenly, I saw the door opening as the head waiter welcomed another customer.
The flash of blonde hair made my heart soar.
 
Taemin! ♥♥♥
 
I felt a smile running across my lips.
 
He's here! I knew it! He wouldn't ditch me!
He's here! He's here!
 
And...
He's with...
 
I saw as the maitre'd sat the young but gorgeous couple in their table.
I saw Taemin holding the chair open for her.
How he looked so handsome in that suit he's wearing.
How he seemed to have a permanent smile etched on his face.
 
A smile that wasn't meant for me.
 
Instantly, I felt my heart tightening, it was getting harder to breathe as I stared at the situation before me.
 
Taemin had come, all right.
With another date.
 
I quickly felt the humiliation creeping up inside me, staining my cheeks, blurring my vision, making me weak.
Leave.The voice inside me commanded.
Leave while he hasn't seen you yet. Avoid being humiliated more. Leave. Now.
It would have been the most sensible advice I have ever heard in my life.
 
Leave.While I still can.
 
Pretend thisnever happened.
Pretend my excitement--when Taemin agreed to this arrangement--is fake.
Pretend that I didn't go shopping forhours for the perfect dress.
Pretend that this date wasn't the only thing in my mind.
Pretend that I didn't grovel infront of my brother to drive me in the restaurant.
Pretend that I didn't pin my hopes on this--hopes that Taemin will finally like me back, even in a friendly way at least.
Pretend that I didn't go through a lot to make sure I look perfect tonight.
 
Make sure what you're going to look like is going to be worth my time...
 
I had made sure of that.
 
Leave. Leave. Leave.
The voice in my head chanted.
 
I stood up, abruptly knocking my table a little at my sudden movement.
 
Leave. Leave. Leave.
It continued to chant.
 
Yes, I'm going to leave. I'm so stupid for thinking that Taemin will take me seriously, even just once in his whole damn noona hating life.
 
So why was I walking towards him?
 
Why didn't I sprint away when I saw his eyes widening, his jaw dropping, and confusion darkening his eyes.
Why didn't I just leave when I saw him with someone else?
 
"Taemin..." I tried to sound cheerful, like my usual self, but I knew that my voice broke the very moment I decided to open my mouth.
"Aya?...Noona?" He seemed flabbergasted.
 
I would have wanted to think that he had looked surprised because he had forgotten about our date, and not because I actually believed him when he agreed.
 
"What are you doing here?" He still looked confused as he darted glances on me and his date.
 
"I...waited for you, Taemin." I whispered, knowing how much of a fool I sounded.
"Like always. I waited. Because I knew you would come." I didn't know if the last sentence actually escaped my lips, but I had no regret in saying them at all.
 
He furrowed his eyebrows, thinking.
"Why would you...wait? For me?"
 
"We. had. a. date. Remember? 7PM. Here. We would meet here. That's what you said." It was getting hard to breathe again.
 
I saw his eyes light up in recognition of my words.
"Wait." He gave a short laugh.
"No way!You actually believed me?! You actually took me seriously?!" The disbelief in his eyes made what was left of my heart break.
"Oh my god, noona. No freaking way! Wait 'til I tell this to the hyungs!" His humiliating laugh, the giggle from his date, and me finally giving in to how much of a stupid, foolish girl I am, made me actually sob.
 
Sob. Yes. I sobbed infront of Lee Taemin.
I hated myself for doing so, for showing him how much that hurt.
I bit my lip hard, almost tasting blood, as he continued to snicker.
 
"You even really got a new dress, didn't you?" He shook his head yet again in disbelief.
"I really cannot comprehend how you don't get how I was just joking around with you. Did you really think I'd go on a date--"
My right hand had crept up, and landed a straight one on his cheek.
 
This time, I had no words left to say anymore.
No excuses to make for his behavior.
No banana milks to make him guilty.
No more will left to stop my tears from falling.
But most of all,
No more heart...to make me recover from this.
 
--
 
I ran out of the restaurant, my tears were blurring my vision.
The only thing that was good about this whole situation was the fact that it wasn't raining.
 
Yet.
 
Considering my luck for this night though, I'm not expecting the moon to shine just as bright as it does right now.
 
I continued to run, cursing my heels along the way.
Stupid heels that took me an hour to find in that stupid new mall downtown where I also got this stupid new dress to wear to that stupid date that shouldn't have happened in the first place.
 
But then, how else are you going to clothe a stupid fool like me?
 
With stupid clothes, of course.
 
I laughed darkly in my head, almost wanting to cry at my attempt at humor at a time like this.
 
Actually, right now would be the perfect time to let my mind fly around. To just go on ahead, be random, be pointless, be bizarre, be crazy.
 
But for once in my sad life, my brain's actually in order.
It's processing so effectively what happened back there.
 
Everything.
 
Waiting for him, seeing him come with another date, his laugh, his sneer, the disbelief in his eyes, the humiliation.
 
How is it that every emotion that I'm feeling is so clear right now?
How is it that I'm not a jumbled mess, as usual?
That I'm walking straight ahead, trying hard not to sob loudly here at the sidewalk.
 
I don't need more people to know about my misery.
 
I walked, I ran, I walked, I jogged, pretty much in a crazy way.
It depends on my mood, and on my feet.
 
Yes, my mood is changing right now.
It ranges from anger, to humiliation, to hurt, to brokenness.
 
It was the first time so many emotions was rushing to me.
 
Apparently though, they were too many that not even one positive emotion can fit in.
Hope? Optimism? Happiness?
They don't exist at the moment, of course they don't.
 
I'm not some kind of weird creature with totally unexplainable feelings.
 
I was running as I continued to think about this, my eyes were on the road.
How come there are always no cabs when you make a dramatic exit, tired from running, and with heels on?!
 
Seriously! I feel like my life's being written like a freaking fanfic!
 
I looked at the shops and the restaurants around.
A music store, that new pet shop, a salon...
 
DAMNNNNN.
I RAN THE WRONG WAYYYY!
DAMN YOU LEE TAEMIN FOR MAKING ME RUN THE WRONG WAY!!
Gahhhh! I'm actually further from my house! Thanks a lot!
 
I stamped my foot hard, evidently breaking my left heel on the process.
Oh, great. Really. This is just really freaking great!
"AND YOU WERE SPANKING BRAND NEW TOO AND YOU COST ME SO MUCH! YOU GOOD-FOR-NOTHING HEELS!" I took it off and threw it randomly on a passerby who avoided it just in time.
 
Oops. I won't go to jail for that, right?
 
But just to be sure...
"Mianhe!" I shouted to the passerby, bowing low.
"Sorry! Sorry! I was just frustrated!" and heartbroken, and depressed, and--
 
The passerby hurried away, probably thinking I was a crazy woman.
 
I frowned. He'd better NOT be thinking I'm a crazy woman!
I mean, come on! I'm wearing a new dress!
And Etude House make-up! Which lunatic wears clothes as great as these?!
Hmpf.
 
I continued to walk, I didn't know this part of the neighborhood well but that's because this part is mostly
empty.
I think this is where abandoned old people or those forever alones live.
 
Maybe I'll join them someday.
 
The only thing I'm praying for is that I'll be classified as an abandoned. At least that means I experienced how it was to be loved.
 
I took my other shoes off gingerly, hating the feeling of the cold, hard stone beneath my feet.
Checking my watch, I can see the hands pointing to 9:00PM.
Ugh. I wish this night wouldn't get worse anymore!
I wish I didn't ask him out--
 
Hey! Wait!
SEUNGHO OPPA!
I CAN ASK OPPA TO COME FETCH ME NOW! YAAY.
 
I turned to my left, looking down at the bench I was sitting on under this waiting shed.
But my bag was nowhere in sight.
 
Where is it?! Where's my bag?!
 
WHERE IS IT?! IT'S BRAND NEW!!
HOW COULD I LOSE IT SO SUDDENLY?!
 
I closed my eyes and heaved a deep sigh, thinking about my misfortunes.
My bag flashed into my mind.
 
To the restaurant...
In my table...
Me, abruptly standing up, getting ready to leave but going to Taemin...
My bag. It's on my table.
At the restaurant!!
 
asdfghjkl.
How could this happen?!
 
I looked up at the skies.
"WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL TO ME, HUH??? WHYYYY?"
 
The heavens answered.
Oh yes, they did.
Except that they answered with rain.
Not even a drizzle.
But with hard, dripping rain!
 
I looked around, no one was on the part of this neighborhood at this time, the only thing around was a car that suddenly came to view and parked itself on the corner.
 
But I don't care anymore.
 
I charged through the middle of the street, barefoot, drenched cold in the rain, finally letting myself cry.
At least here, mixed with the rain, no one would see my tears.
" YOU LEE TAEMIN! I HATE YOU SO MUCH! I DON'T CARE IF YOU HATE NOONAS ANYMORE! I GIVE UP! I GIIIIVE UP! YOU'RE NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE ANYMORE!" I slumped down, still crying.
But it felt so good, letting all those words out.
 
I have a feeling I should have said them all back in chapter two...
But then, we wouldn't have a fun story to read now, would we?
 
The rain felt so good on my skin, I knew it was ruining my hair and letting my make-up run down my face, but it's okay.
 
Because it also felt like it was washing Lee Taemin out of my system.
 
"More! I need more rain! Rain inside my heart too!" I sobbed, hugging my knees close to my chest.
Anyone passing by would definitely classify me as a nut.
And maybe I am one.
 
If only Taemin knew...
Would he actually come to rescue me?
Or at least shout at me from the sidewalk to stop all this?
 
Maybe not.
 
I held my hand out in the pouring rain, watching the raindrops slide off my hand, so very much like the tears that were sliding off my face right now.
I closed my eyes, enjoying it.
 
Until I couldn't feel any drops in my hand anymore.
Nor on any part of my body.
 
That's weird. I still hear the the rain.
I sniffed, opening my eyes and glanced up.
 
Has the rain stopped all of a sudden?
I expected to see the sky, but all I saw was the inside of a blue umbrella.
 
Wait. An umbrella?
 
I turned my head, my eyes meeting the owner.
My mouth dropped open.
 
Again?
Seriously?
 
--
 
 
CLIFFHANGER!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
HAHA. KIDDING. :DD
 

 

"Onew?" This time, it was my voice that was ringing in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a shaky voice, trying to stop myself from crying.
Because this time, there's no rain anymore inside this umbrella.
My tears would be clearly visible, and I don't need anyone's pity right now.
 
He bent down infront of me.
"You'll get sick." He looked unhappy.
 
I looked away from his eyes. I hate being pitied.
"Go away. I want to feel the rain!" I pushed him expecting him, as always, to fall down, bringing his ugly umbrella with him, but he surprisingly held firm.
 
"No." He murmured.
"You'll get sick."
 
"I don't care!" I shouted.
 
"I do." He said, staring at my eyes.
"Aya...don't do this. Please."
 
"Go away Onew. I don't need you."
 
"Of course you do." He smiled slightly, but it looked so formal because of his concern-stricken face.
"Every hero needs his sidekick. Even the heroines." He lifted a hand up and wiped a tear that had escaped from my eyes with his thumb.
"Especially when they're feeling weak. Especially when they feel like they're losing. Like when they had too much kryptonite." His soft, soothing voice did nothing to calm me.
 
It only made me want to erupt all my emotions.
 
"Onew..." I sobbed and desperately tried to stop as that sob was followed by another...and another...
Until I was uncontrollably sobbing.
"Onew..."
This time, I felt the rain again, little drops of it as Onew let the umbrella fall down because he had enveloped me in his arms.
 
It was better there though, he was warm and his shirt helped muffled my sobs.
 
"He forgot, Onew. He forgot. He brought another girl. He laughed in my face. He wasn't serious after all."
It took me minutes to get all of this out, I was crying so badly.
 
Onew held me tight, patting my head.
"It's okay. Let it all out. Cry. Just cry until you feel better."
 
“Wait, is your shirt brand new?” I sniffed.
 
“No.”
 
"Oh. Okay. Because I'm drenching your shirt with my tears, I'm sorry." I sniffed again and I saw him smile down at me.
 
"It's fine. Sometimes, a hug and a shoulder to cry on is better than tea, right?"
I almost laugh at how dorky he is at this moment, but I was also amazed at how true his statement sounded.
 
So I did just that. I cried and cried.
 
I kept on saying things, gradually they became incoherent, they even reached a point of randomness.
"And I really hate the fact that he likes banana milks! I mean, come on! Grow up, Taemin!" I ranted, still sniffing.
 
Onew listened the whole while and I knew perfectly well that his whole front shirt was wet from my tears.
Finally, I stopped sobbing, having regained a little bit control over my emotions.
 
"Better?" He whispered down at me and I nodded.
The rain had completely stopped.
My watch was now ticking at 11PM. I was crying in Onew's arms for almost two hours.
 
"Let's get you home, okay?" He said, scooping me up in his arms.
"I can walk Onew. It's fine." I said, but I had already encircled my arms around his neck while burying my head in his chest.
I never knew dorks can smell good.
But Onew totally does!
Apparently, his perfume is tear-proof. Even after all the waterworks I shed on him, I can still smell a hint of his perfume.
I should totally buy Seungho oppa the same perfume for his birthday.
 
He smiled again, I noticed his smiles tonight never reached his eyes. They were constantly conflicting with another emotion that I can't place yet.
"Ssh. This time, let me be the hero. Okay?" He said and we reached his car.
 
Hey wait, wasn't this the same car I had seen rounding the corner awhile ago?!
"Is this your car?"
 
He opened the passenger door, still carrying me.
"Yes." He nodded then gently laid me on the passenger seat.
He jogged off to the driver's seat and opened the door.
"Here." He the heater. "You cold?"
 
"Not...really." I blinked. His own body heat, had in fact, warmed me against the
rain.
 
"Oh. Well, I'll still leave it on. Just in case." He looked at me worriedly and started the car.
 
We drove slowly and I stared blankly ahead, having really no decent thoughts because they kept on flying back to Taemin.
I don't even know why I'm thinking of him at all at this point.
My mind must be totally defective.
 
"Aya??"
I snapped out of my trance and looked at Onew. He must've been calling me for a while now.
"Are you hungry? Do you want to eat?"
I thought about the half eaten salad resting on my stomach.
I only felt revulsion from it.
 
"No. I'm good, thanks." I gave him an empty smile and stared ahead, letting my mind fly off again.
"Hey, Onew..." I asked absently.
 
"Yeah?" He turned the steering wheel to the right, smoothly, his eyes on the road.
Although yes, I notice the small, brief worried looks he darts my way every now and then.
"How did you know...? About...you know...this...?"
I asked, embarrassed.
 
He looked away briefly from the road to give me a small smile.
"Remember? You told me about it. Your date with Taemin. Twelve times, in fact. You even called me at 1AM in the morning to ask if open toed or closed shoes would be better for your dress." He shook his head lightly, smiling fondly at the memory.
"I had trouble sleeping after that."
 
"Oh..." I mumbled. "Sorry. But then...how did you know I was in that part of the neighborhood?" I asked.
 
"That...?" He blinked, not looking at me anymore.
"Uh...Seungho hyung called me."
 
"He did?" I was surprised. Wow. Seungho oppa is amazing!
 
"Yeah..." He mumbled.
"He told me to come fetch you. He had a feeling something bad was going to happen. I drove around and I was really lucky when I found you there, on the middle of the road, crying in the rain." He shrugged.
 
I blushed, really embarrassed.
Ugh. My drama is so not good when you listen to it. Eew. I am so not crying in the rain again!
 
"Oh..." I sighed and looked out the window.
"Well, thanks anyway." I smiled at him.
"You're a great sidekick! I definitely made the right choice!" I joked.
 
He laughed. "I'm glad my efforts are being recognized."
I smiled again, but I honestly don't feel happy at this point.
I still feel empty...and sad. But at least, I can add a positive emotion to the list: gratefulness.
 
"Seriously though, thanks." I mumbled, patting his hand in a friendly way before I decided to look out the window again.
 
"No problem." Onew said and opened the radio, tuning it to a ballad station.
 
Soon, I felt my eyes getting heavy. It is way past my bedtime after all...
Zzzzz..
 
--
 
ONEW'S POV
 
I looked at the sleeping figure beside me.
I was grateful for my blanket that I had always kept in my car, at least now, it can be of some use.
 
We were outside her house already but I didn't want to wake her up yet.
 
I had purposely driven slowly because I wanted her to let out all the sadness, as much as she can, while
she's with someone.
Because I know--I'm certain--she'd be alone for the whole night and maybe the whole weekend.
It was one of those days you wished there was school, just so you wouldn't have to spend all your time brooding and sulking.
 
I am sure Aya will do these over the weekend.
 
I know the extent of her interest for Taemin. It wasn't shallow at all, and I know, it was going beyond the stage wherein looks are the only thing that matters.
I mean really, you wouldn't cry over a guy like that if you only liked him purely for his looks, right?
 
I looked at Aya again. Anyone who didn't see what she went through tonight would think she's just sleeping peacefully but I know better than to believe her calm, pretty face.
 
It's sad how she's always misunderstood, how she can't seem to express herself properly, and how she can't see if she's doing the right thing or not.
 
"Do you know the real reason how I knew you were in that part of the neighborhood?" I asked her softly, sure she wouldn't hear me. She's clearly tired and had fallen in a deep slumber.
Yes, I had lied awhile ago about her brother calling me, but I only did it for her sake.
 
"I was there, Aya. I was worried. You spazzed nonstop about your date with him yet Taemin never spoke a word about it to us. I knew something was wrong. Taemin would've told us something, even if he was just planning to do a mean trick on you or something. But he never uttered a word. It was obvious he didn't takeyour invitation seriously. He said yes to you, just for the purpose of giving you what you want, just so you'll leave him alone. Yet that simple yes made you so happy." I looked at her sadly.
 
"It bothered me that the words you can't get out of your mind never entered his." I whispered.
 
"I had to make sure...when I saw you leaving the restaurant, running, I just knew something went wrong." I took a deep breath.
 
"I followed you by foot, wanting to call out your name, but you probably didn't want to call attention to yourself, right? I knew you were bursting any moment. I couldn't let you cry in public. I couldn't let them see you like that." I continued.
"So I kept on following you, curious with your patterns: walking, running, jogging, walking again. I tried to keep up, I was doing an okay job, until I tripped." I looked down at my ripped jeans and my grazed knee that I didn't have time to treat and bandage anymore.
 
"When I looked up, you were gone. That must've been the part where you decided to run. I looked everywhere; I was unfamiliar with that part of the neighborhood. But I couldn't give up. No...I can't give up at all, especially given your state." I looked at her, still peacefully sleeping through all this.
 
"I had to go back for my car, walking with an injury like this was starting to become a tiny bit painful." I smiled a little, shaking my head.
 
"I drove around...and I finally saw you. In that area no one goes to. You just suddenly ran in the middle of the road, slumping on it. That's when I knew you had broken down. You might think no one noticed your tears because of the rain, but your eyes stated your emotions so clearly. I wanted to comfort you so badly, but I knew you needed time alone to let everything out. Until I couldn't take it anymore..." I looked at her, softly speaking.
"I couldn't let you get sick. Your heart is already broken, a fever and a cold really isn't going to help." I looked at her again, thinking about how I badly want to beat Taemin up (even though I could never do it) for doing this to a girl.
 
How he doesn't see their real worth yet. How they should be treated as something more important than....than...
 
Chicken.
 
Or something of much greater importance than the most delicious food on earth, anyway.
I smiled sadly.
"Besides...this is the only time...I can be a hero to you." I fixed the blanket tighter around her and called her brother up to tell him we're just outside.
 
"Don't worry, Aya." I said determinedly.
"I won't let you shed a tear for him like this again." I could see Seungho hyung opening the gate and rushing to the car to pick his baby sister up.
 
I put a hand over hers and whispered two last words of assurance, hoping she'll hear them in her dreams tonight.
 
"I promise."
 
Reason to Quit #1: He agreed
Reason to Quit #1: He agreed but he never meant it.

 
you have (1) HATE MAIL
taemin_icon_by_xbluestars-d3g7se6.png

 

Ha. Yeah. Who here thinks this chapter is asdfghkl?!
 
Mainly because Aya seems so un-Ayaish here, right? D:
Mygahd. Seriously, I only write chapters for this fic whenever I'm bored (as stated in my warning) because that's the only time random things come to my mind. Lol.
 
But these days, I just don't have time to be bored anymore...D: and I really want to update this thing already soooo...there's the finished product. :p
 
and btw, I THOUGHT WE HAVE TAEMINTS IN OUR MIDST RIGHT HERE!?
SO why are you guys all 'Onew is so cute blah' 'He and Aya should be together BLAH.'
 
WHAT THE???
 
ARE MVPs THE ONES READING THIS?!
 
Lol. I was just shocked, that's all. Keke.
Because of all your previous comments, it made me go:
Ooh~ Is that so? Let's try having Onew enter the picture then.
 
ARGH. DON'T FREAKING GIVE ME IDEAS ANYMORE!
Because this ain't the storyline I have in mind at all.
Gahahaha. I'm so indecisive. Oh wells. Randomness next time, yes?
Thanks for reading! :*