Reason to Fight #1: Run

☠x The Noona Hater x☠
 
"Taemin? What do you think?"
I felt her tap against my arm, felt the light brushing of her hair against my cheek, felt the warmth emanating from her body next to mine, but the words she let out felt like they were floating around in the air, miles away from me, that I hardly heard them.
 
But I knew I had to focus.
I've been like this ever since she told me off, and I knew my hyungs and Kai would understand my current state.
 
But not her.
I have absolutely no excuse to treat her this way.
 
Not when time is so short.
 
"Yeah?" I blinked and stared at her, trying to look like I was listening for the last thirty minutes or so, when in fact, my mind is somewhere else.
"You're zoning out again." She looked hurt by my lack of attention.
It was such a jerky thing for me to do, considering her situation at this time.
"No, no, I'm not. I'm listening." I insisted, flinching inwardly because this is the third time tonight that I lied to her.
 
Lie #1:
"Thank goodness you're already here, Taemin! I thought you were going to be late! Are you okay?" She asked, peering at my face curiously.
"Sorry." I made my expression apologetic.
"Are you okay?" She repeated.
"Yes," I forced a smile.
"Yes, I am."
 
Lie #2:
I stared at the kid who was wandering around near us, looking lost, even though her mom is just beside her.
"Mom? Is dad not coming?" The girl was nearly in tears at this, and I see her mom's face hardening.
"No. Apparently, he ditched us again."
I swallowed at her words.
They made me feel so uncomfortable.
"...so I didn't really get to ask. Do you think that's okay?" She asked and I looked away from the little girl.
"Yes..." I mumbled offhandedly, since I didn't really listen to her story.
"Really?" She looked rather troubled as she stared at me, "Taemin...were you even listening to me?"
I finally looked at her face, but couldn't bear to look in her eyes.
"Of course."
 
 
I can't believe I'm doing it to her again.
 
"Can you stay with me, please? Please. Just until the plane gets here...please." She murmured, looking sad.
 
I immediately felt so bad and guilty over this.
I knew she wasn't talking about my physical presence, she somehow felt I wasn't with her mentally today.
"I'm so sorry, Jooyeon noona..."
 
"You're thinking about her, aren't you?" She said out of the blue, and for the first time since we met up, I smartened up and actually listened to her.
"What?"
 
"That girl. That Aya. You like her." She said flatly, looking straight ahead.
I stared out at the huge windows, focusing my sight on the huge plane, wishing I could get in it right at this moment.
"No..." I said softly, after she had waited so patiently for my answer. Even though she didn't really state her last sentence as a question. More like an accusation, to be honest.
 
It was then that I realized that I've just mumbled Lie #4.
 
She laughed lightly, dryly, and without any humour.
"You don't need to keep me happy, Taemin."
 
I stared at her this time, taking in how she really did look like someone else to me right now.
How her long, straight hair don't dazzle me anymore.
How her pretty face and
her sparkling eyes don't take me in and knock me breathless.
How my heart doesn't race at the sight of her.
 
No.
Someone else is doing those things to me now.
 
Right at this moment, she looks like...like...
Like a noona.
Like a sister.
 
Like someone I'm not in love with anymore.
 
"What...?" I wasn't exactly sure what her words meant.
"Stop saying things that you don't mean. Stop saying them just because it'll make me feel better." She murmured, not really looking at me.
"I do not understand..."
"You do, I know you do." She smiled without humor again before facing me fully.
"It's almost funny, Taemin. When I first arrived here and we finally made up, all your attention was on me. And now...now that I'm leaving, and I need you the most, you're not here."
 
"I'm sorry." I looked at her, wanting to be truthful this time.
There was nothing else I could say.
"I know." She smiled.
 
"She..." She pursed her lips, thinking of the right words to say, "Did she reject you?"
This time, I was the one who smiled without humor.
"No. She just...she just stopped liking me."
I looked down at my shoes.
 
Those words felt so heavy to me, they were so painful.
 
"I don't think so." She spoke up and I gazed at her,
"Noona...you don't need to make me feel better too."
 
"I'm not." She shrugged.
"It's all my fault, huh?" She looked apologetic.
"Maybe if I didn't come home, if I didn't interrupt, if I kept my mouth shut, you guys would be together now."
"No." I shook my head. "Don't say that, noona. That's not true."
 
"Would you swap it though, Taemin?" She asked softly.
"Swap what?" I looked at her curiously.
"This. My coming home and us being okay again versus to you guys being together."
I took in a breath, almost startled with her question.
 
My mind blanked out.
True, if I hadn't paid so much attention to her, maybe I would've seen clearly what I did wrong to Aya noona...then maybe she would still be mine.
 
"It's not your fault..." I took her hand to mine comfortingly, and it felt so good when she grasped mine back.
She really did felt like a friend now.
"N-Noona..." I stuttered with my words, "I...I wanted to be there for you. It was my choice."
 
She teared up, her lips trembling, "I'm sorry I got sick, Taemin. I'm sorry I had to go and bring you heartbreak for the second time."
I shook my head fiercely and put an arm around her,
"Don't say that! And you're not sick...you won't be. You'll get better. You'll get the best treatments and..."
My voice trailed off, not really knowing what I should say next.
"I will...I can get the best treatments, the best doctors, but that doesn't guarantee my recovery." Her tears started to slip and a lump formed in my throat.
I hate it. I hate this so much, how I can't seem to take her pain away.
How I cannot really give her any assurance.
"Noona, don't think that way, many people have recovered from...from..." I bit my lip, I cannot even bear to say her illness.
 
I watched her under the glimmering lights of the airport, her skin looked so pale, it seemed transluscent.
Her lips were lacking color, her eyes didn't seem that lively as it used to be, she has gotten thinner, and her hair lacked its usual luster.
 
How come I've never noticed this before?
 
"Noona," I choked out, wanting to see her as the same girl in the plaza, the one who was running around with me everywhere, her hair flying behind her, looking so happy and carefree...
 
But she was speaking again before I could attempt to change her inside my mind.
"You didn't answer my question a while ago, Taemin."
"W-What?" My mind blanked out again.
"Are you going to swap everything? The two of us for the two of you?" She repeated and I fell silent again, having no definite answer.
 
Or maybe I just didn't want to think about any what ifs right now.
 
"Taemin...even if you won't swap our current situation just to be able to keep Aya...I'm going to be selfish here," She touched my cheeks.
"I'm going to be selfish and say that I'm still going to come home, I'm still going to try being friends with you, and to gain part of your attention..." She blinked fast, her tears still flowing.
"Because this might be the only chance I'll get."
 
My heart ached at her words, "Noona...you're not selfish...No, no, stop thinking about that. I don't regret it--"
"You really do have a pure heart, Taemin." She smiled slightly at her tears.
"That's why any girl would be lucky to have you."
 
I didn't say anything, how true are those words, really?
Or am I just wishing they are?
 
"I got what I wanted though," She squeezed my hand.
"Now, it's your turn."
 
I looked at her blankly, not sure if she's still just trying to make me feel better.
 
"Tell me, Taemin, would you do anything to make noona happy?" She was speaking again as if I was a little kid, just like she used to back when we were so close.
I used to hate it, because I kept wanting her to see me as a man and not as a dongsaeng.
But now, hearing her talk in that tone is surprisingly comforting.
"Anything." I promised, smiling and wiping the remnants of the tears in her eyes.
 
"Listen carefully, Taemin..." She said seriously and I leaned in, wanting to do one last thing for her.
"Run." She murmured, staring at me intently.
 
Her command didn't register to me so quickly, it was such an odd thing to say right at this moment that it made me frown.
"What?"
 
"Run." She repeated.
"Run?" I frowned more and she nodded.
"Run...after her, Taemin." She whispered and I blinked, my heart was starting to race just at the mere thought of her.
"W-What?"
 
"Go after her. You love her? Go fight for her. Do you understand?"
"F-Fight?"
"Fight. And be so damn determined to get her back."
Her eyes glimmered sharply.
"You haven't lost her entirely, Taemin."
 
I froze, does that mean...
I still have hope?
 
"Trust me, I know." She smiled.
"There's a part of you in her that she won't be able to erase so quickly, and you just need to make her hold on to it."
"What? I don't..."
 
"Let me tell you a secret, Taemin." She looked at me kindly.
"Back when...you uh, you confessed to me in the plaza," She and I blushed at the bad memory.
"When I told you I couldn't be with you, there was a part of me..." She bit her lip, thinking.
"There was this part of me...that wanted to see how true you were, how determined you were to have me."
"Huh?" I frowned. Aren't the balloons and the flowers and all the preparations enough to show her my determination?!
 
I shook my head in disbelief.
Girls.
 
"I know what you're thinking." She grinned, and I looked away, embarrassed.
"I admit, I somehow wished that you ran after me. That you tried to convince me that you really wanted me." She sighed.
"You did run, Taemin. But you ran the opposite direction. You ran away from me, both literally and metaphorically speaking.
"It was I who ran after you, but you kept on pushing me away." She patted my hand.
"You won't even talk to me about it."
 
"That's not fair." I pouted.
"You were my first love and I did so much preparations..."
 
"I know," She said soothingly.
"But it's okay, I understand now. It's just that, maybe instead of hiding and pushing everyone away, you should've tried to fight.
"I mean, if I saw your determination and your will to fight for what you felt for me, maybe...just maybe, things would have turned out differently." She mused and my eyes widened.
"You mean..."
"Yeah," She laughed, for real this time. "There could've been us."
"HUH." I said in dismay.
 
"Do you get it now?" She turned serious again.
"Fight. Not because I asked you to, but because you love her. Do you understand?"
 
I looked down on the floor.
Fight?
Fight? Because I love her?
 
"It's not going to be easy, because there must be something that you did so wrong for her to leave you like that." She frowned in thought.
"Especially when I encountered her that day, and based from what I can see, it's pretty safe to say that the girl's crazy for you."
 
I winced again. Was crazy for me. But should I even correct her at all?
 
"Listen, Taemin," She sighed.
"I know it's hard for you, and I know it seems as though she'll never give you the chance again, but..." She squeezed my hand.
"But that's a risk you're willing to take, right?"
 
"I..." I stopped and shook my head.
"Maybe the reason why there was never an us, was because there is someone else for you." She said gently.
"Someone who'll make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else."
"I don't...I can't..." I shook my head again.
 
"Run, Taemin." She commanded, frowning a little.
"Run. Run, run, and just run, until there's no more distance left, because she's already in your arms.
"Promise me, you'll run." She squeezed my arm and looked at me earnestly.
"Run to her, and not away from her, because everytime you do so, you're doing damage to yourself, and to your heart. Love her with no regrets, no regrets at all, because you know you did everything you could. Okay? Promise me!"
 
I looked into her eyes, saw how hopeful and pure her intentions were.
And that....that somehow gave me courage that she's probably right.
I can do this.
I can fight for her.
I will run.
Run, so, so close to her.
 
Until there's no more left to run.
 
I smiled slightly and nodded,
"I promise."
"Good." She looked relieved as the speakers in the airport began to cackle loudly,
"Flight B1A4, ready for boarding."
"That's me!" She and I stood up, as I watched her smooth her dress down neatly, thinking how sad it is that this will be the last time we'll see each other for now.
 
She turned around and gave me a huge smile,
"So....this is goodbye?"
"No," I shook my head.
"We'll see each other again, after you get better, really, really better, and I'll see you healthy, and happy, and you'll be that perfect noona that I've always known." I beamed and she made a face jokingly,
"So I'm not perfect right now?"
"Eh? No, no...that's not, er, what I meant..." I stammered and she giggled,
"I was kidding!"
"Noona!" I laughed, "Don't forget me, okay?" I held out my hand for her to shake but she just stared
at it before looking at me with a playful glint, as she pulled me
closer to her,
"Oh, I won't. And I'll make sure you won't forget me. Come here."
 
And you'll never guess what happened next.
 
--
 
I walked down our street, almost in a daze, hardly not believing that noona is not here anymore, she's going to be a million miles away from me again.
I had flashbacks of the day she went to see me in my house, how I made her wait so long outside in the rain, how I finally let her in out of worry, and how she finally collapsed in my arms, crying.
 
She never told me why she came home, if I hadn't snooped around in her room that one time I visited her, I would've never seen those medical
envelopes.
Would've never known what she was hiding all this time.
 
I confronted her about this, while she denied it so vehemently, and I got angry and worried because she was lying.
Was she that sick that she needed to lie and hide it away from me?
 
Apparently, she was.
 
And that's when I started to give all my attention to her, because I was afraid that our time would be so short, that I would never be able to do these things for her again.
 
But would Aya noona understand this?
 
I started to feel sad at the thought of her.
 
Aya noona, I'm so sorry...
 
Run, Taemin, run.
Run after her.
 
I frowned in thought.
Run?
I'll run to you, noona...
 
As if something out of a fanfic, I noticed that I had actually ended up on her street.
I swallowed, my heart racing,
"Run, run..." I mumbled under my breath, and before I knew it, I was actually running towards her house.
 
I'll have you back again, noona.
Count on it.
 
Exhilarated at the thought, I marched to their front door and rang the bell.
"Noona, noona, Aya noona!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, I honestly felt so crazy at the moment.
Or maybe I've just been sad for too long.
"Aya noonaaaaaaa!" I continued to ring their door bell, excited.
"Coming!" Someone grumbled loudly and I stopped ringing their bell, excited and so nervous at the same time.
 
So what should I do this time?
Should I explain?
Should I say sorry?
Should I give her a back hug?
What? What? What?!
 
"Aya noonaaa~" I rang their bell again, my mind occupied with what-should-I-do thoughts.
"COMING!" Someone shouted again but I ignored it and continued to shout her name.
 
Finally, I heard the hurried footsteps, the turning of the key, and the squeaking of the gates as it opened.
"What?!" An agitated voice boomed.
I immediately straightened up, "Aya noo--"
Then stopped as I saw who answered the door.
 
Oh .
 
"Huh," I saw the recognition dawning on his face as the anger in my earlier continuous shouting dissipated in his expressions while he shouted one of the things I didn't really want to hear at the moment,
"HEY! IT'S THAT MAILMAN AGAIN!!"
 
--
 
I panicked.
Seriously, I did.
I mean, on the outside, I know I looked calm, innocent, and clueless, but inside, I'm totally gasping for breath and wishing that the ground would swallow me up.
 
Aaaarrrgh. How come her oppa is the one who always answers the door?!
 
"Ah...haha, yeah, uhm," I fidget in my place, racking my brain for a quick excuse.
"Have you come to deliver mail again?" He guessed.
"Uhm, yeah. Yes, yes. Haha." I laughed awkwardly, when deep inside, I'm just stabbing myself with a knife.
I am deathly afraid of her brother, especially when he told me before that he would like to kill a certain 'Taemin' for breaking his little sister's heart.
 
Gulp. Gulp. And triple gulp.
 
And it's not helping at all that Run by MBLAQ is blasting so loudly from the inside of their house.
Maybe I really should run...
Far, far away from here.
 
"And it's for my sister again, huh?" He smirked, and I blinked, trying to focus on him and not on my death wish.
 
Speaking of...
"Yes." I tried to sound more brave, after all, this is for the girl I love.
"Andddd, let me guess, it's a voicemail again?"
"Uhm, yes. So is Aya noo--uhm, Aya Toma...there?"
"Unfortunately, mailman, your timing is once again off. She went out with that guy." He leaned against the door, while staring at his fingernails.
I immediately tensed,
"Which guy?"
"I dunno, that tall guy who looks like an ullzang or something..." He frowned a little, "I think she calls him Chan."
 
My hands fisted. Damn it.
 
"Anyway, why does it even matter? It's not like you know him! Or my sister." He peered in on my face suspiciously.
"Or do you? Do you know my sister?!" He immediately straightened up, looking frightening once again.
"Uhm..."
I swallowed, backing away slowly.
"Well...do you?!" He said menacingly.
 
I winced, why can't Aya noona have a brother who's like Onew hyung?! Seriously!
Or maybe someone like me! I mean, Kai's friends sure don't seem like they're afraid of me!
 
"Maybe..." I swallowed, shaking.
"I uh, need to go! Thanks anyway!" I immediately turned around, scared.
"Maybe...? YAH MAILMAN!" He shouted when I was about five feet away from him.
"Yeah?" I turned around slowly, nervous.
"So..." He suddenly started to shuffle his feet, looking shy.
 
WTF.
 
"So...?" I stared at him warily.
"Uhm..." He looked embarrassed,
"Any mails for me?"
 
I squinted my eyes at him.
Is this guy nuts or what? Apparently, he still hasn't figured out that I'm not really a freaking mailman!
 
"Uhm..." I scratched my head, shrugging.
"Darn it. How come Aya get mails and I don't?!" He frowned.
 
And at that moment, I realized that he sure doesn't look like a scary older brother to me.
"Hm, actually, you do have one...Seungho, right?" I quickly formulated a plan inside my head.
 
Brave her scary hyung...
Brave her scary hyung...
Brave her scary hyung...
 
"YEAH?!" He looked excited.
"That's me, all right!"
I nodded formally.
"Good, erm, I do have a voice mail for you..."
He rubbed his hands gleefully,
"Oh great! Let's go up to my room now!"
I was taken aback by that,
"GO UP TO YOUR WHAT?"
"Uhm," Now he looked confused.
"Go to my...room?"
"...Why?" I inched further from him.
"Well, I don't know! Isn't that how it works?! I mean, the last time Aya had voicemail, you demanded to go up in her room so you can say it personally!"
"Oh..." I exhaled a sigh of relief,
"Thank goodness, I thought it was something else! I thought you were a pedo or something!" I am so relieved, I swear!
"What! I ain't gay! Or a pedo!" He looked angry.
 
Oops.
 
"I-I never said that." My voice shook.
"Hmmm..." He squinted his eyes at me suspiciously.
"Erm, anyway, here's your mail!" I took five steps away from him.
"Huh?" He looked confused by my actions.
"Wait, why are you moving away?"
"Because the sender instructed that I should be at least twenty feet away from you before I deliver the message." I said, my voice trembling.
 
He frowned, and I shut my eyes, readying myself to be hit or something worse.
"Well..." He started and I opened one eye, peeking.
"Okay. That's pretty weird, but okay." He shrugged.
 
I breathed a sigh of relief and took twenty steps away from him.
Twenty one to be exact.
Better to be safe than sorry! Especially when he hears what I'm about to deliver.
 
"YAH MAILMAN! ISN'T THAT TOO FAR?!" He shouted.
"UH, NO. NO. I NEED TO DO THIS! OR ELSE...ER, UH, I DON'T GET PAID!" I shouted back.
"WHAAAT?" He shouted again, apparently not hearing me.
"ERR...HERE COMES THE MESSAGE!" I shouted again.
"WHAT?" He screamed, still looking confused.
 
I took a deep breath, cheering myself up before finally saying the message:
"MY-REAL-NAME-IS-TAEMIN-AND-YES-I'M-THE-GUY-WHO-BROKE-YOUR-SISTER'S-HEART!" I screamed in one breath, panting.
"BUT I'M REALLY REALLY SORRY ABOUT IT AND I PROMISE I WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING SO STUPID AGAIN! I REALIZED HOW MUCH I REALLY LOVE HER AND HOW MISERABLE I AM WITHOUT HER. SO PLEASE DON'T GET MAD, HYUNG! ONCE SHE FORGIVES ME AND COMES BACK TO ME, I PROMISE I WON'T LET HER GO ANYMORE." I bit my lip, wishing that Aya noona was here too so she can hear everything I'm saying.
"You can count on it." I mumbled, now distracted.
 
I must really, really go now and consult with my hyungs.
 
"WELL, THAT WAS IT, HYUNG! I NEED TO GO NOW, BYE!" I waved goodbye to her oppa and sprinted away.
 
The last thing I saw was his still confused face while shouting:
"WHAT?? HEY! MAILMAN! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?! WHAT ABOUT MY MESSAGE? YAAAHH!"
 
Oops. He didn't hear a thing of my confession. Oh well. That was brave enough for me already anyway.
 
--
 
"I'm back!" I announced, closing the door, feeling light for the first time in days.
 
"I promise it wasn't me!!"
I frowned and turned to see my brother hiding by the couch, a terrified look on his face.
"It wasn't me, hyung! I swear! They just forced themselves in! I couldn't do a thing about it!" He cried, panicking.
 
"What are you talking about?" I blinked.
 
"IT WASN'T ME!!!!" He shouted before running up to his room.
 
"Huh." I shrugged at his weird behavior and went up to my room, only to discover that it was locked.
"Hey!" I scowled and turned the knob left and right.
But it still wouldn't budge.
 
Did I lock my door before I went out? Hmm, but I swear I didn't!
"KAIIII!" I shouted, sure that my brother has something to do with this.
 
Suddenly, my door opened a little and I stepped back, surprised.
"Welcome...Taemin." A weird distorted figure opened the door, holding a flashlight under its face.
"AAAAHHHHHH!" I shouted, afraid, my eye twitching.
"Pfft. You scream like a girl!" A second weird, distorted figure said, opening the door widely.
"AAAHHHHHHH!!" I screamed again.
 
"Is it Taemin already?"
I blinked as I heard the familiar voice.
 
It was...Onew hyung.
It's Onew hyung's voice!!
 
"Onew Hyung!" I said in relief.
"Onew?" The one who opened my door said, sounding irate.
"Key hyung?!" I frowned as my gaze dropped to the flashlight he was holding.
"Hurray." He said, sounding sarcastic.
"Did you not recognize me when I opened the door?" He looked mad.
"Uhm...sorry..." I mumbled.
"It's just that you turned off all the lights in my room and you come out greeting me in an ominous voice with a flashlight under your face..."
"So?" He placed his hands under his hips.
"So...I thought you were a weird distorted figure." I mumbled very softly.
"You thought I was WHAT?!"
His small eyes widened and I immediately zipped my lips, afraid.
"Nothing." I said in a very small voice.
"I-I said I thought you were a fairy...the bb cream fairy..."
"Oh!" He suddenly didn't look angry.
"Okay."
 
"What the hell, Key!" Jonghyun hyung frowned, looking annoyed.
It was only now that I realized that he was the second weird distorted figure that I screamed at; but of course, I didn't say anything, not unless I want to get stoned to death or something.
"What?!" Key hyung frowned.
"Which guy is actually okay with being called a fairy?"
"Whatever. If I know, you actually would want to be called as a macho fairy or something!" Key hyung said dismissively.
"A...what? A macho fairy?" Jjong hyung actually looked like he was considering the very strange idea.
"Hihihihi!" Onew and Minho hyung giggled like school girls.
"I can totally imagine you in a pink fairy costume, Jjong!" Onew hyung chortled, pointing shamelessly at Jonghyun hyung.
"Hahaha! Let's give him some credit, his fairy costume could be black at least. Or maybe we'll just make it so fit so that his abs could be seen through it!" Minho hyung came over to me and actually slapped me hard on the back, laughing hard.
 
I winced in pain, I can't believe he went over to my side JUST to slap my back!
 
"YAH!" Jonghyun hyung looked mad and strode over to get something from a KFC plastic and suddenly flung it at Onew and Minho hyung.
"I AM NOT A FAIRY! KEY IS! OR MAYBE EVEN TAEMIN!! BUT SURELY NOT ME!"
"YAH!!!" Onew hyung stopped laughing immediately, his face darkening quickly when he saw what Jonghyun hyung threw at them,
"DON'T WASTE THE GRAVY!!!!"
 
"Uh, hyungs...?" I said loudly over the loud commotion since they were all arguing now over something entirely different from fairies and gravy.
"Hyungs!" I shouted but sadly, no one was taking notice of me.
I glanced outside my room's open door, only to see Kai there, still hiding, and looking at us with wide, scared eyes.
I shook my head and gestured for him to go back to his room, my brother did not need to see this at all.
 
Especially because right at this moment...
my hyungs are having a pillow fight.
 
--
 
"Hyungs?" I called out again. But once more, I was ignored.
I was left standing for thirty minutes and staring at my friends.
 
Onew hyung built a fort around the food, while secretly eating them as well.
Minho hyung was continuously being bullied by the JongKey pair.
"AND THIS IS FOR THE TIME THAT YOU WENT TO SCHOOL WEARING A FROG COSTUME, CAUSING YOU TO WIN THE ANIMAL LOOK-ALIKE COSTUME CONTEST! DID YOU NOT KNOW HOW HARD I WORKED ON MY CAT COSTUME?!" Key hyung screamed while hitting Minho hyung.
"AND THIS IS FOR THE TIME YOU STEPPED ON MY FOOT BACK IN SECOND GRADE! YOU WERE SO HEAVY! AND GUESS WHAT?! YOU NEVER SAID SORRY MINHO, NOT EVEN ONCE! I'LL NEVER FORGET IT!" Jonghyun hyung attacked my poor hyung mercilessly.
 
I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on the door knob,
"That's it, I'm going out." I murmured to myself.
I tiptoed a little and turned the knob silently while they were still all so busy being dorks.
The door was almost open when I felt a sharp touch against my back.
I turned to look at what happened only to see the four of them staring at me.
 
--
 
I gulped, Key hyung's stare was the darkest and the place was eerily quiet. I didn't even notice them noticing me sneaking out,
Jonghyun hyung stepped forward, crossing his arms against his broad chest,
"Just. Where. Are. You. Going. Maknae?"
 
--
 
"So Jooyeon's gone?" Onew hyung asked while eating once more.
"And so is all the food." Key hyung wrinkled his nose, while staring at all the mess our oldest hyung created with all that snacking.
 
"Uhm. Jinki hyung. You kind of have...uhm." Jonghyun hyung pointed discreetly to Onew hyung's mouth, which has a piece of chicken skin sticking on the corner.
 
What a sloppy eater!
 
"What? Where?" Onew hyung dabbed at his mouth with his tissue, but just like in movies, he didn't get to wipe it away effectively.
"Okay now?" He asked, now sipping MY coke.
"No." Minho hyung's eyes squinted in distaste.
"Ugh, where?" He tried to dab again but the chicken skin WAS JUST THERE ON HIS FACE. WTF.
"Geez. Just wipe it, Jonghyun." Key hyung frowned, while paying attention to his phone.
"Yeah, just do it." Onew hyung jutted his chin out to Jonghyun hyung.
"Ooh. OnHyun moment!" I snickered.
That made Jonghyun hyung wince and narrow his eyes,
"What??! NO! I am too manly to wipe that away!"
"What are you talking about?! I would do it for you!" Onew hyung looked hurt.
"I AM NOT HAVING A ROMANTIC MOMENT WITH YOU! I WANT MY FIRST LIP WIPING TO BE WITH A GIRL!!" Jonghyun continued to shout, looking so manic.
"God, hyung, what's wrong with you?! It's only a crumb!!" Minho hyung looked pissed.
"It's right here! Okay! Right HERE!" Jonghyun hyung jabbed his finger at the crumb on Onew hyung's face, and now, it's stuck on his thumb.
"Aw, you did it. That wasn't so hard, was it?" Onew hyung smiled sweetly and Jonghyun hyung gagged.
 
"Wow. It's late! Don't you guys want to go home now?" I interrupted their session while they were still distracted over that weird crumb.
"Late?" Key hyung looked up from his phone, his eyes narrowing.
"It's only 5pm."
I laughed awkwardly, "Ha, ha, ha...ha." I gulped.
"Really? I thought it was 10pm!" I tried to look innocent.
"Well...that's kind of...uh, stupid." Minho hyung said slowly when everyone went quiet for about 10 seconds.
"Stupid?" I repeated, stalling for time.
"BUT I STILL LOVE YOU, TAEMIN!!" Minho hyung shouted randomly.
 
I winced when Jonghyun hyung stared at us like we were gay lovers or something.
 
"Minho hyung! Not in front of them!" I hissed.
"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! ARE YOU GUYS HAVING A SECRET RELATIONSHIP?! ARE YOU GAY?! ARE YOU...GAY GUYS?!!!" Jonghyun hyung shouted, causing Minho hyung to frown and grab his shirt.
"Yah! Who you calling gay, macho fairy?!"
"Uhm, we're not...gay lovers or anything, Jjong hyung..." I mumbled, shrugging.
"Why are you saying those things anyway? I mean, you and Key hyung do it all the time..."
"Do what?!" Key hyung frowned, inching away from Jonghyun hyung.
"You know...being all touchy and sweet..." I continued to mumble.
 
"Oh great! Thanks for making me look like a forever alone!" Onew hyung in, looking hurt.
We all looked at him in silence, not knowing what to say.
"Well...I like you, hyung." I said, because no one was really saying anything at all.
"Really?" Onew hyung looked touched.
"Yah! Yah! Can we get back to the matter at hand!?" Minho hyung frowned, glaring at Onew hyung who was still looking at me cheesily.
 
Speaking of which, that is such a weird look...I'm regretting saying that I like him now.
 
"Hey! I'm right here, Taemin!" Minho hyung frowned, noticing our OnTae moment.
"Huh." I stared at Minho hyung this time.
"I, uhm, like girls, hyung. I like them a lot."
"What are you trying to say, Taemin?" Key hyung smirked.
"Hey! I like girls too!" Minho hyung screamed, glaring at me this time.
"I LIKE THEM MORE THAN YOU LIKE THEM! I'M LIKE, THE ONE WHO LIKES GIRLS THE MOST HERE!!" He shouted.
"Uhm, okay. Defensive much?" Jjong hyung raised an eyebrow.
 
No one else said anything again.
 
Well, anyway, I was just embarassed with how Minho hyung is. What the heck is wrong with him anyway??
"Awkward..." Onew hyung mumbled and no one said anything for about five minutes more, before I decided to speak up again:
"Wow. It's late! Don't you guys want to go home now?"
 
--
 
"What's really wrong, Taemin?" Key hyung asked seriously after strangling me because I kept on asking them to go home.
I'm just not ready for this conversation, that's all.
I mean, I'm pretty sure they will just scold me call me mean names and stuff.
 
Hmp. No thank you!
 
"Nothing." I mumbled.
"Why are you asking stupid questions, Kibum? It's obvious that it's because of Jooyeon!" Minho hyung frowned which made Key hyung look annoyed as well.
"You're the one who's stupid! It's obviously because of Aya!"
"Aya? Who's Aya?" Jonghyun hyung squinted his eyes.
"Bah. Girls, girls, girls! Girls are so troublesome, but we sure love them!" Onew hyung kidded.
"Troublesome...yeah. Definitely." I sighed.
"Taemin messed up and lost Aya, that's all there is to it." Key hyung rolled his eyes.
"Oh...so we're talking about Aya?" Jonghyun hyung whistled.
"Wait, but Aya adores you!"
"Not anymore! It seems that another guy has gotten to her now." Onew hyung declared and laughed.
 
I frowned, what's so funny anyway?!
 
"Ah, but your problem is too simple, maknae." Minho looked at Jonghyun hyung and they both smirked.
"You want to win her back? Here's what you should do..."
 
--
 
Plink. Plink.
I threw the 20th pebble, still no response.
I sighed loudly. It's only 10pm! Could it be that she's already asleep?!
Besides, I'm running out of pebbles!
 
I picked up my last pebble and flung it towards the window, hard.
But I immediately winced when I saw the window opening and the pebble I threw landing directly on her forehead when she poke her head out...
Oops, make that his head!!
 
Oh no!!!
 
"Yah!" Her oppa whispered loudly, rubbing his forehead and I immediately ducked and ran towards the other side before he sees me.
. I have been throwing pebbles on the wrong window all this time?!
 
Bracing myself, I decided to just climb up on their windowsill, hoping I'll get to the correct room this time.
Whew. Climbing is hard! Sheez, why can't her room be on the first floor, anyway?!
Oh well, if this will solve everything...
 
Peeking through her window, I saw that she was on her study table, the lamp was but she wasn't really doing anything.
To be honest, she just looks...sad.
 
I tapped on her window and she finally looked up, her eyes widening when she saw me.
 
I read her lips, "Taemin?"
she quickly moved and opened the window.
"Taemin?!"
 
"Noona!" I said joyfully, and prepared to move inside her room when her eyes suddenly widened and she shut her window again.
 
What the?!
 
"Yah! Aya noona!" I tapped her window again but she only pinched herself and slapped her face before looking at me again in disbelief.
"Noona!" I gestured for her to open her window but once again, she just stared back with that unreadable expression on her face.
"Please open your window!" I said.
 
She shook her head fast, looking worried and afraid.
 
What does that mean?
No?
She won't open the window?
 
"Noona!" I tapped the window again and gave her a pleading look.
 
Once again, she only shook her head.
 
I swallowed, I didn't expect things to be this way at all.
I was actually picturing the whole scene in my mind for over an hour now:
I go to her room, I say sorry, and we make up and I take her back from Chan and we'll live happily ever after...
 
But apparently she doesn't want that.
 
Run, Taemin...Run...
 
I took out my phone and dialed her number while staring at her.
From here, I can see her phone in her bed blinking, indicating my call. However, she only picked up her phone, looked at it, and turned it off, staring back at me while doing so as well.
 
"--the number you are trying to reach is unavailable..."
 
I tapped her window again.
Noona, please...
 
But she just stood there.
So cold, so unmoving.
 
So...like how I was...before.
 
Pushing the ugly thought out of my mind, I resorted to another way and took out my notebook and marker and wrote on it:
Noona?
I plastered it against her window and waited for her to read it.
 
She sighed, shaking her head again.
 
Please? Another paper.
It's cold out here... and another.
 
She finally moved and took something from her desk as well.
Oh. It was a notebook and her marker too.
 
I waited as she wrote something, and winced inwardly when I saw:
Not as cold as it felt when I was in the pouring rain that night when I left the restaurant for our 'date'.
 
She looked sad, refusing to stare back at me.
 
"Noona..."
I placed my hand on the window, I really want nothing more than to apologize to her again and again.
 
Please...I'm sorry. Please...I'll do anything.
I tapped the window again and she looked up, reading my new message.
 
Anything? She scribbled back.
 
Anything. I wrote.
 
She wrote something down and looked at me for a long time before she finally opened the window and gave the piece of paper to me gently.
"Noona?" I asked but she shook her head again.
I watched as she shut the window, pulled down the blinds, and turned off the lights.
 
My heart was dreading what she wrote on the piece of paper, especially because I think I know what it is...
Anything? Okay. Then go. Go far away from me, Lee Taemin. I don't want to see you anymore. Please.
 
I re-read the statement over and over before finally folding the paper neatly into squares and stuffing it into my pocket my heart breaking with every fold.
 
As I walked back home, I finally allowed the tears to fall.
 
Where am I supposed to run now?
 
Reason to Fight #1: Run
Reason to Fight #1: Run...where?

 

you have (1) HATE MAIL 
taemin_icon_by_xbluestars-d3g7se6.png


Before you say anything: I hate me too.

I'm so sorry for taking so long to update [two months?! i should be stabbed! :( or...i don't know...stabbed again? lol]

sorry for the humor in this chapter too. it was an absolute fail. :(

But still, thank you.

thank you to all those who waited ever so patiently. I love you! I really do, not in a creepy way of course. Keke. [or if you want in a creepy way, then okay, in a creepy way. rofl]

And to all those who upvoted this fic despite its stupidity... I have a gift for you!

I have decided to promote all my upvoters [choosing one story from your list and promoting it here + subbing on it myself. if you don't have a story, a special shoutout then...and a superpower? lol]

lovepain: thank you thank you thank you! *gives you super awesome singing voice that can reach any note.

MapleAngel19: Be My Dazzling Girl

Soo_Eun_Ae: Betray OUR Love

KAISOO-LYN: thank you thank you thank you! *gives you extreme aegyo powers

Jasu513thank you thank you thank you! *gives you bias-attraction powers

Nedjie: thank you thank you thank you! *gives you taemin + kai's dancing skills

iluvsparkles: ✿ Is It Fate , Pure Coincidence Or , Just One Big Mistake ? ✿

sweetswirl1200: thank you thank you thank you! *gives you non-derpy face forever in pictures power

I'm sorry if I didn't get to mention you here, just refer your stories to me and I'll definitely sub! :3 just a way of saying thanks.

Will update soon again! ^^ thanks again!

AND JJONG IS BACK TOMORROW IN MCOUNTDOWN, OH MY EPIC FIVE BABIES!*/UGLY SOBBING

and NO I DON'T SHIP TAEMIN-NAEUN. why is it not TAEMIN-BOMI?!! or TAEMIN-BOA. lol. seriously. ><