Reason to Reconsider# 4: When Little Brothers Speak

☠x The Noona Hater x☠
Taemin's POV
I took a deep breath as she inched closer to me.

 
I kept my back straight, maybe it was because of the high heels, but we're almost the same height now.
"Uhm, noona...where should we go?" I asked meekly.
It's weird, really. Weird how I feel like such a young boy around her, like I was reverting to how I was when she was still a senior in our school and I was a sophomore, how like an obedient dog, I followed her everywhere, made sure she was happy, kept doing everything I could to please her.
It could get a little tiresome sometimes.

 
But only a little you know.
As in a teeny, tiny bit.

 
I didn't mind handling all those pressure as long as she's beside me.
Honest! Cross my heart!

 
She sighed as she rolled her shoulders to fix her small purse which she was carrying around all day.
Poor noona! Her shoulders must be aching a lot!
"Here noona, let me!" I took her purse from her and smiled when I saw her sigh in relief.
"Thanks Taem. That thing weighs a ton."
I blinked at her words, her purse, is in fact, very small and feels so light.

 
But it must just be me, right?
 
Reminds me of that time I saw Aya noona with her small bag, I mean, not as small as this, but it was small for my taste.
It was funny how she tried to cram everything into it: her purse, her make-up kit, her phone, etc.
I laughed as I remembered this, she looks so cute when she's struggling over simple things like that...

 
"What are you laughing about?" Jooyeon noona looked at me, amused.
"Nothing." I tried to hide my smile as images kept on flashing into my mind.

 
Speaking of...
Aya noona seems a bit down today when I saw her during last period.
I wonder why...
Hm, must be because of her assignments.

 
I laughed silently again when I remembered how she tried to answer our Calculus assignment.
She's really so...

 
"Taemin?"
I snapped out of my thinking when I heard Jooyeon noona's voice.
"Yes, noona?"

 
Suddenly, some people shouted and we both turned to look.
GAHH!
A CLOWN GOT HIT BY A TRUCK!!
OMO! WHAT TO DO!
WHY IS THERE EVEN A CLOWN IN OUR STREET--

 
"Hey Taem," Noona said, staring at the truck.
"Should we eat ice cream?" She looked at me knowingly and winked.

 
Ice cream?
 
My concern for the clown that got hit flew out of my mind immediately.
"Sure!" I said happily as I pulled her hand and ran towards the ice cream truck that was parked near my house.
"Ah! Don't run so much Taemin. My feet will hurt!" She complained and I skidded to a stop.
"Sorry." I mumbled.

 
Since when did she hate running? We always ran around everywhere before...
"It's fine." She said dismissively.
 
"Two please." She said to the girl who's serving the ice cream.
Strangely, there were lots of guys around and some people on the side, waving placards and signs and...
Hm, maybe because the girl looks like Hyuna?

 
Or is it just me?! ._.
 
"What flavor do you want?" The Hyuna look-alike asked ily as she looked at me.
Her stare is so hypnotizing.
Not to mention she's wearing that...

 
Thing.
 
Cheetah/leopard thingy whatever and...
I was also mesmerized at all the bubbles floating on the truck behind her.
It seems like she has a huge tub there or something...

 
"Well cutie? What will it be?" She asked as she smiled sweetly at me.
DID SHE JUST CALL ME CUTIE?!
OH GOD. THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER--

 
Suddenly, I felt someone stepping on my foot lightly.
I looked down to see that it was Jooyeon noona.

 
And she looked slightly pissed-off.
Oops.

 
"W-What?" I asked, as I turned my attention to the ice cream girl again, only to find her making 'aw' signs at the mirror while wearing a mickey mouse hat.
I gulped.

 
"Well?" She winked at me.
 
"Y-You will melt me down like ice cream?" I stuttered.
Man, she's so hot!!
Maybe I should get her num--

 
"Huh? I never said that..." She looked a little weirded-out by my sentence as she set her mirror down.
 
"I-I mean--"
 
"Taemin?" Jooyeon noona elbowed me a little and I looked at her, distracted as she nodded towards the menu.
"She's asking for the flavors."

 
"Oh right." I my lips and and avoided looking at the Hyuna look-alike the best I can.
"Uhm, one vanilla and one banana please..."

 
"What? No! I'm having strawberry!" Jooyeon noona looked at me as if I was crazy.
 
"Strawberry?" I looked back at her, puzzled.
"But you hate strawberry. Vanilla is your fa--"

 
"Things change, Taemin." She said tonelessly and turned to the hot girl whose number I must get Hyuna girl and produced some money from her pocket.
"I got this." She nodded and placed the bill down.
"Keep the change." She said curtly and grabbed our ice creams from the counter.

 
"Come on." She took my arm and dragged me with her to my house, which was very near, and sat us down on the bench outside.
"Uhm, thanks." I said in a meek voice again since I still feel a little shy.

 
"Sure." She nodded as she ate her own ice cream.
 
I ate my own too. Banana ice cream really is the best!
Mmm--yum!
Yumyumyumyum nomnomnom--

 
"Taemin?"
 
I stopped eating. "Yeah?"
 
"Do you have a girlfriend now?" Jooyeon noona suddenly asked, although she wasn't looking at me when she asked it.
 
"A girlfriend?"
Strangely, STRANGELY stranGELY....

 
Aya noona popped into my mind.
 
The way she smiled, or the way she would greet me so happily, or the way she shouted hubby around, embarrassing me in front of others...
 
"N-No..." I muttered, looking down at my feet.
 
"Really?" Jooyeon noona smiled widely.
"So that Aya girl... You do not find her interesting?"

 
Aya?
Aya girl?

 
"A-Aya noona?" I suddenly felt nervous.
"Well, she certainly is interesting...but uhm, why do you ask?"

 
"Nothing." She crossed her legs primly.
"She likes you, Taemin." Her voice was so disapproving, she makes it sound like Aya noona liking me is a bad thing.

 
"I know." Seriously, why is my voice so low today??
 
"So, do you like her back." Came her next statement.
Yes, it was a statement and not a question on her part.
She said it so casually, as if it was nothing, but it sure made me stop and stare at her.
Saw her huge eyes, her perfect cheekbones, her smooth skin, her long lashes...

 
Honestly, anyone else would have been mesmerized at the sight.
 
But what kept on holding me back was the fact that I kept on seeing someone else right now...
Someone with long, curly hair, doe eyes, fair smooth skin...
The way she leaned her head on my shoulder (by force, if I may add), or how she played FLAMES with our names, how it felt good to hold her hand that one time...

 
"Taemin?" Jooyeon noona's voice distracted me of my thoughts again.
"Do you like her or not?"
Her tone was demanding, or maybe it was just me.
 
Her eyes spoke another emotion though.
 
It felt like she wanted me to say something.
Keep noona happy...

 
I looked deep into her eyes and saw everything there clearly.
 
Do you like her Taemin?
Should you like her?
Especially now that she's here?
The girl you've always dreamed about?

 
"N-No."
I stuttered, that one word was stuck in my throat.
And it almost hurt to say it.

 
Say it, Taemin. Say it.
Keep noona happy.
Keep her happy...

 
"I don't..."
Those first two words made her eyes sparkle immediately.

 
Say it, Taemin.
Say it.
Say it.
Now.

 
"...like her back."
I finished, as if in a trance and I watched as the satisfied smile came back on her face and the pressure of keeping her happy being lifted off my shoulders.
My shoulders sagged in relief as I watched her eat her ice cream again.

 
But deep inside, I've never felt more confused.
--

 
KAI'S POV
 
"Last one on the pool looks like the witch from hansel and gretel!" I shouted, running fast.
 
"NOOOOOOOOO!" Suho let out a girly scream and tried to run fast, obviously terrified to be tagged as a witch look-alike.
 
"Oh no, you don't." Kris had run ever-so-casually which is really unfair since he's so tall and has this long legs so he can catch up to everyone else.
"I'm too cool for this, yo." He smirked at me while passing.

 
I narrowed my eyes and tried to run faster,
"Then stop running!" I huffed, I can hear Xiumin's loud pants all the way from the back.

 
"It's not running, it's called walking...really fast." He did that weird smug/cold look and zoomed away to the pool.
"And the DRAGON WINS yea!" He rejoiced, making hiphop signs while he's on the water.

 
"My back hurts!" Suho complained next to me, slowing down.
 
"Grampa!" Luhan pushed him aside and ran but I scowled.
If I'm not going to be first, then I am certainly not going to be THIRD!
 
"Luhan! Wait for me!" Sehun had sped up and I grunted.
"YAH! I CAN'T BE FOURTH!" I hollered and ran all the way, finally reaching the edge of the pool and jumping in fast.
"YES!!" I pumped my fist in the air.

 
"You're second." Kris gave me that smug look again.
"WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE THAT FACE ON! IT'S SO ANNOYING!" I shouted at him.
"What." He made that face AGAIN and I decided to ignore him and see who would come third.
 
"Huff! Huff!" Xiumin continued to pant, he was the last one, running so sluggishly.
 
"Why are we running again?" I heard Lay asked Chanyeol.
"Uhm, you're doing it wrong. You should walk...and not run." Chen joined in, obviously trolling Lay so that he'll lose.
"Really?" Chanyeol and Lay both stopped running.
"Hehe..." Chen came in fifth, after Luhan and Sehun.

 
Tao came in sixth and was busy kicking the water.
"Take that and that and that!" He hollered and I see Kris going over to him.

 
D.O. came in seventh, looking tired.
"You GUYS!" He whined.
"This isn't fair! You left your mess everywhere and I had to go and clean them up!" He frowned.

 
"No one told you to clean them up!" I retorted and D.O. frowned more.
"Is that so?! What a nice thing to say! Here you go!" He suddenly threw all our shirts in the pool angrily.
"NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG!" He shouted while throwing each of our shirts in the pool.

 
"Yah! What gives?!" Kris was pissed-off as a shirt landed on his head.
 
"YOU GUYS WERE SO MESSY WHILE CHANGING, LEAVING YOUR CLOTHES EVERYWHERE AND I HAD TO GO CLEAN UP BECAUSE I CAN'T STAND IT AND YOU DON'T EVEN APPRECIATE IT!" D.O. continued to throw more clothes in the water.
 
"But these aren't ours!" Baekhyun came in came in the 8th place.
 
"What." D.O. paled.
 
"Huh! These are Taemin hyung's!" I plucked the 'I love you more than bacon' shirt that was still on Kris' head.
"Yup. This is hyung's shirt!" I confirmed and looked all around the pool.
"In fact, all of the clothes you threw in belongs to hyung!" I looked at D.O. in disbelief. and I can see his huge eyes widening more.

 
"Y-You mean...that wasn't your room with all the messy clothes on the floor?!"
 
"No." I looked at him weirdly.
"We took our shirts off over there!" I gestured over to the clothes in the living room which were scattered so messily.

 
"A yo Dios Mio!" D.O. pulled at his hair at the mess.
 
"This shirt is so cute!" Baekhyun grabbed the bacon shirt and slid it on him, except that it looked like a long nightgown on him or something.
"Cowabunga!" He suddenly jumped in, the really big shirt ballooning up around him and landing on Kris' head, making him panic.
"YAH! YAH! I CAN'T SEE!" Kris shouted as Baekhyun's shirt was still covering his whole head.

 
"What'd we miss?" Chanyeol and Lay came in 9th and 10th respectively.
 
"I'm too tired to swim now." Xiumin came in 11th, still panting.
 
"Why are you tho tired? We only ran all the way from the living room to the pool." Sehun squinted his eyes in Xiumin's direction.
 
"Oh...my stomach hurts...must eat..." Xiumin ignored him and tried to sit on the banana-shaped float, except that he couldn't do it and ended up toppling over.
 
"Finally!" Suho came in last, a happy smile on his face.
"Did I win?"

 
Kris snorted, "You guys are such weaklings."
 
"Says the guy who was panicking so badly a while ago just because a shirt covered his head!" Luhan smirked.
 
"Yeah? Says the guy who laughs like a derp all the time!" Kris rebutted and Chen suddenly turned around, facing them, a hurt look on his face.
 
"What's his problem?" Tao gestured to the hurt Chen.
 
"Beats me!" Chanyeol swam away from us.
 
"Yah, it's kind of deep in that portion!" I cautioned him.
 
"What?" Chanyeol swam like a weird frog.
 
"You swim weird!" I scratched my head.
 
"Hey guys! Aren't you going to join me here?" Chanyeol shouted from the other side of the pool.
 
"No!" Lay shouted, giggling.
 
"But...!" Chanyeol's face suddenly changes.
"Hey, hey, Kai! You're right! It is deep here!" He panicked.
"Help! Help! I can't swim! HEEELLPPPP!" Chanyeol started splashing around and thrashing like a loser.

 
"Sheesh. Big deal! I can't dance and I don't go shouting it at the top of my lungs!" Kris scowled at Chanyeol.
 
"Hey, yeah. You're right!" Suho nodded.
"That's not very nice Chanyeol!"
"How braggy..."
"You get no hugth later!"

 
Xiumin was the only one who swam next to Chanyeol and gave him a really big push, making him go forward and almost stumble back to the middle of the pool.
"Oh gosh!" Chanyeol breathed hard and swam back to us.
"Xiumin, you saved me!" He threw lots of kisses towards Xiumin who was at the end of the pool.

 
However his savior only looked mad.
"And that's for taking my BUNS!" Xiumin shouted, before swimming away again.

 
"So he pushed me not because he wants to rescue me but because he's mad at me?" Yeol pouted.
 
"Yeth. Most likely." Sehun agreed.
 
"Lately, your lisp is starting to become much more noticeable these days, Sehunnie." Luhan said.
 
"Shut up!" Sehun scowled.
 
"Hey, hey, Xiumin! Come back here! Let's have a floating contest everyone!" Lay suggested, floating on his back.
 
"Yeah! Yeah!" Suho was eager and we all agreed.
 
"Rules?" I asked and I can faintly hear Xiumin struggling with floating as he kept on splashing around.
 
"Sheesh, Xiumin! Quit it! You're getting water all over my face!" Baekhyun complained.
"Sorry! This is so hard!" He complained.

 
"Let's all have a contest of who can float fastest to the other side of the pool. On your backs everyone!" Kris ordered as he did the same.
 
"Ouch! Krith! That hurts!" Sehun complained when Kris' foot collided with his face.
"Sorry. It's not my fault I'm too tall!" I can almost hear his smirk again.

 
"Whatever. Let's just do this! And this this time! I'm gonna be first!" I swore and floated on my back.
 
"Ready?" Kris asked.
"Set!" Luhan said cheerfully.
"Go!" I shouted and we all paddled using our hands, furiously trying to bring the water current on our side so that we can reach the other end faster.
My hands suddenly collided with someone else's arm and I looked to my side to see Chen, troll face on, and trying to paddle.

 
MUST! WIN! THIS!
 
"Hehe...Lay doesn't know how to paddle~" Tao teased and Suho giggled.
 
"Quit it!" Lay hissed and I see him paddling furiously, but it was all useless 'cause he's still on the same spot,
and Suho giggled again.

 
"Let us paddle together Lulu♥" Sehun said sweetly and I see Luhan taking his hand and they both paddled on their backs lovingly,
and Suho giggled once more.

 
"YAH! NO TEAMWORK!" I shouted furiously and paddled madly.
 
"Shessh...how hateful!" Xiumin said all the way from the back and Suho giggled again.
 
I ignored it because I sense that Kris is once again leading the contest.
I tried my haaaardest to paddle the best I could and could almost feel that I'm nearly there at the end when I see Kris advancing and going faster than me, a serene look on his face.
I scowled and was about to paddle faster when my super sharp hearing heard a click, a knob turning, and keys jangling.

 
I gasped, getting on my feet quickly, my hand accidentally slamming down on Kris' chest, making him go down under, panicking.
"Yah!"

 
"No time for that!" I said, breathless, as I quickly climbed out of the pool.
"The enemy is here!!"

 
--
 
TAEMIN'S POV
"Would you like to come in first, noona?" I asked after we finished our ice creams.

 
"Okay." She agreed immediately and I smiled, opening the gate and leading the way in.
 
I inserted my key on our door, turned the knob, and took off the keys, making a jangling sound.
I gestured to Jooyeon noona to go first...

 
But what I saw inside made me regret that very move.
 
--
 
KAI'S POV
"There they are! ATTTAAACCKKKK!" I pointed my weapon and shoot at the enemy furiously.

 
"Bang! Bang! Bang!" Luhan shouted and Suho giggled while shooting as well.
 
"Stop!"
 
"Yah! Wait for me!" Xiumin panted and went into position, throwing his 'grenades' at the enemy.
"We're WINNING!" Kris shouted at the top of his lungs.
 
"Stop!"
 
"Just tell me when to do the finishing move, I'm all set." Tao said darkly, getting into his fighting stance.
 
"I'm out of ammunition!" Baekhyun shouted.
"Just get thome at the pool! Plenty of ammunition there!" Sehun instructed.
 
"KYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAA!"
The enemy shouted at the top of its lungs.

 
"Stop!"
 
"Aggh! It's too loud!" Chen covered his ears, dropping his weapon.
Lay went to his side quickly, carrying throw pillows.
"The enemy is using her super sonic voice to break our eardrums! Quick Chen! Take defense!" He put the pillow over Chen's ears and evidently squishing Chen's face underneath.

 
"KAIIIIIIII!"
 
We all stopped at the terribly loud voice that shook the entire household.
 
"Uh-oh...boss battle!" Chanyeol dropped his weapon in fright.
 
The 'boss' glared at me angrily, shielding the enemy with his body.
"What the hell is it that you think you're doing?!"

 
--
 
"Noona, noona, I'm sorry...they were just playing around and..." Hyung kept on desperately dabbing with towels at the enemy, looking like he was going to cry while doing so.
 
I glared at my brother, what a sissy!
I glared at the enemy next, why is she even here, I thought I already told her I didn't like gummy bears!

 
"Guys, let's go to glare attack." I whispered to everyone and we all positioned ourselves in front of the wounded and defeated enemy and glared.
*GLARE*

 
"And this was a brand new top too..." She sniffed and I rolled my eyes.
"And my hair is ruined." She sighed before taking the towel from my brother's hand.

 
"I'm so sorry...really, really sorry...at least change into one of my clothes or maybe my mom's...I'll go see..." Hyung is panicking all around the house as he began to look for clothes under the couch.
 
See how out of it my brother is?! Looking for clothes under the couch?? Geez.
 
"WHAT TO DO...WHAT TO DO...OMO OMO!" My stupid, lovesick hyung kept on worrying.
 
I frowned more, now directing my glare at him.
I hate how he is right now.
But really, what I despise (I learned that from Suho's books!) more is what this enemy is doing to my brother!

 
She's making him panic and...and...what's that word called?
Stoned?
Sad?
Strength...?
Stripped?

 
Oh...I think it's stressed!
 
Stupid enemy, making me confuse on my vocabulary!
 
"Ah, I know! There must be extra clothes in the kitchen..." My brother walked off hurriedly, but I can tell he's still so out of it because he bumped his knee on the table and started to wince and curse loudly.
"AH @*/!"

 
"GAHHHH. HE SAID THE WORD!" Luhan face palmed slowly, horrified.
"GUYS!" Luhan turned to all of us, shaking, his eyes really look similar to how a deer's eyes widen when a car is about to hit it or something!
Woah. So cool.
"HE. SAID. THE. WORD!" Luhan whispered so loudly, afraid.

 
"What word?" Lay asked, scratching his head.
 
"Ugh...It's fine Taemin." The enemy waved her hand like a fairy dismissively.
Wait, fairy?!

 
No way! Only the love of my life, Aya noona, is the fairy!
 
This one's a witch!
OMO! SHE'S PROBABLY THE WITCH FROM HANSEL AND GRETEL!!!

 
"W-What?" Taemin hyung looked more worried.
"No, no, I'll do something about this..."

 
"Geez..." Sehun looked really annoyed at my brother.
 
"It's fine Taemin." Kris suddenly copied the girl mockingly, rolling his eyes and snorting.

That gives me an idea!
"Yah yah, let's go to copying her attack and annoying the heck out of her!" I whispered our second strategy and almost immediately everyone went to their girly modes.
"Oh, Taemin, Taemin...my hair is all wet! Shave it for me!" Chanyeol said, trying to do it in a high pitch sound and it comes out all weird and funny.
"Oh hyung, hyung! My top is now ruined!" Chen launched his attack.
"Not hyung! You're not supposed to use that! The enemy is a girl!" D.O. elbowed him.
"Oh right..."
 
"Yah..." The noona whined and pouted at our actions.
"Yah...YAH...Tsch! YAH my panda eyes! So noisy." Tao copied her, making faces.

 
"STOP THIS NOW!" Taemin hyung shouted again and we all froze in fright.
 
Another thing I hate about the enemy:
she makes my hyung all scary...
This isn't hyung at all. :(
He wouldn't scream at me like this.

 
Oh no! What if this isn't my hyung anymore?
What if this witch from hansel and gretel replaced him with a clone?!
Nooooo!

 
My eyes watered and I felt my lips trembling.
"H-Hyung? Hyung, is it still you--"

 
"Shut up! I'm tired of your games Kai! Go back to your room now! You and your dumb friends!"
He shouted and I see the enemy looking at us disapprovingly.
"I'll make sure mom and dad know about this."

 
I stared at him defiantly, feeling angry, especially on that noona's expression.
"Fine!" I answered back even though I know it's rude (I'm so sorry umma! Please forgive me! I'll just make it up with loooots of hugs and kisses later!).

 
"FINE! YOU BUNCH OF ANNOYING BRATS!" My hyung shouted back in such a loud, scary voice that I have never, ever heard him use before, and I see Baekhyun scurrying at the back of the couch, frightened.
 
I glared at him despite that, honestly, I don't know why I'm being so rebellious today.
"YAH! Why are you so mad at us, hyung?!"

 
"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING ME THAT?!" He continued to shout in that scary voice that I winced inwardly.
 
But I have to fight back.
I have to help hyung be normal again!

 
"YES! After all, we're only trying to rescue you!" I shouted back angrily.
 
"He's right!" Tao in and hyung glared at him.
"Keep out of this!"

 
"Stop being such a bully!" I stepped in front of my friends in defense.
"Stop this, stop this, stop this!" I raised my hands up in front of him, pushing at his chest with all of my might, trying to drive away the clone that was probably inside my brother and controlling him.

 
Go away clone.
Go away. Go away.
Leave my brother alone!

 
"Go away, go away..." I mumbled, still pushing hard.
 
"KAI! STOP IT! WHAT ARE YOU--" Hyung continued to shout and I clapped my hand over my ears.
 
"Stop shouting, stop being mad, stop being so scary! JUST STOP!! Please..." I trembled and stared up at him, and I see my hyung's expression changing slowly.
"We're just...we're just...killing your other heart, hyung. That's all..." I glanced weakly at the enemy who Taemin hyung fondly calls 'Jooyeon noona' or whatever.

 
"What?" Hyung's voice was all hoarse as he squinted his eyes at me confusedly.
 
"You can't have two hearts hyung!" I said, still in tears.
"We researched it! We researched it everyday! We typed it in google and everything and it says there that it's...it's..." I looked at Suho for help.

 
"Medically incorrect?" He suggested.
 
"Yes. That! It's medically incorrect! I don't know what that means so I researched it too! And now I know that it means something is wrong..."
I looked at him with wide eyes.
"No one can function with two hearts, hyung! That's what it means! It's just not possible to have two hearts, and I don't want you to die, hyung!"
I explained desperately the best way I can, now sobbing uncontrollably at the thought of losing my hyung, my bestfriend, just because he has two hearts.

 
"What are you..." Hyung looked shocked.
 
"You have two hearts right now, hyung! I can feel it!" I accused him poking madly at his chest.
"And I'm just trying to get rid of your other heart--her!" I pointed to the other noona.

 
Get rid of it, get rid of it...
Can't lose hyung.
Can't lose...

 
"It's supposed to be Aya noona! Just her! She's the right heart! Can't you see?" I reasoned, breathing hard.
 
"Kai!" Hyung suddenly looked frightened with what I said as he looked at the noona who had this weird, unreadable expression on her face.
 
"I think..." She looked like she was having a hard time speaking, like when I had too much fried chicken and I feel like I'm choking.
"I...think...I'm just going to call the driver now and just have him...fetch me." She said tonelessly and went outside, her abrupt movements felt robotic to me or something.

 
My hyung swallowed, not knowing what to do.
"No, noona...he's just kidding...please. Please! He...he's just a kid! You don't believe him, right?" Hyung begged, grasping to that girl's arm.

 
"He's reviving his bad heart!" Chanyeol murmured loudly.
 
"Taemin-ah, even if I don't believe his words, it all won't matter if you, yourself believe it." She sighed and closed her eyes.
 
"I'm sorry..." Hyung seemed frantic.
"Please, please...he didn't mean it."

 
"It's fine." She said, waving her hand around again.
"I'm tired anyway. Bye Taem." She gave him a hug and went outside where a car kept on beeping its horn.

 
"Please don't--"
 
"I'll see you tomorrow, Taemin." She said with finality.
 
Hyung sat on the couch, once that noona left, looking miserable and tired.
Very, very tired.

 
"Hyung?" I touched his shoulder, a little bit afraid of his reaction.
"Go up to your room, Kai. Go up. Now." He said quietly and this scared me more.
 
Why isn't he angry?
 
"Hyung...I..." I bit my lip, regretful when I saw what he started to do.
He just suddenly went to lie down on the couch and covered his face with the pillow, not saying anything anymore.

 
"Is...is Taemin hyung dead?" Sehun asked out of fear.
"Nah...he's probably just weak right now. I mean, we killed his other heart." Kris reasoned intelligently and everyone agreed.
 
But it was Xiumin who had pulled me to the side while everyone else went up to my room, a worried look on his face.
"Kai...I know I'm no genius in Science like Suho...but...but what if..." He bit his lip and looked at hyung who was still sprawled on the couch.

 
"What if we killed the wrong heart?"
 
--
 
I knocked on my hyung's door at exactly 8:30 PM because I know that hyung is not busy at this time anymore, because he's done with his assignments. He's mostly just on his computer or watching TV or practicing manly poses on the mirror.
 
"Hyung?"
No answer but I decided to turn the knob and peek in anyway.
My hyung was on his bed, it looks like he was sleeping.

 
He's probably tired...
 
After sending us to my room, my friends and I fell asleep because we got tired of the swimming and the fight too. Everyone just woke up when their mommies went to fetch them to go home.
 
When I went down to get a bottle of Yakult, all I saw was the living room being spic and span and dry, no traces of our fight anywhere.
Hyung must've cleaned everything up.

 
He didn't even come down for dinner and I ended up eating alone since mom and dad are still at work, good thing he left a bowl of ramen
for me with a sign: Kai, dinner.
 
That's it. Just Kai, dinner.
No smiley faces, even. :(

 
and I ate my dinner feeling so sad, so after that, I washed my plate and went to my room and decided to do something about it.
I was really excited to give it to hyung but now I can see he's sleeping.
Still, I tiptoed over and placed my 'healing gift' on his bedside table.

 
After all, hyung loves surprises!
 
"Hyung..." I said in a small voice since he's sleeping.
"I'm sorry." I sat on the edge of his bed.
"So, sorry...I know it was wrong. What I did was wrong. Well, I thought it was right before when I came up with the plan but now, maybe what Xiumin said was right. Maybe we killed the wrong heart." I sniffed.
"I'm sorry..." I patted the top of his head gently, the way he always does with me when he goes to my room at night. He thinks I'm sleeping but I'm not, and he always gives me a goodnight kiss and a pat on the head.

 
And it always gives me good dreams.
 
"I'm sorry, hyung. I drew you another heart. It's not as big or as pretty as that noona, but I wrote her name inside. Is that enough?" I swung my feet lightly.
"But anyway, I colored it with lots of red paint because the noona was wearing a red shirt today! I think this will help, right?" I smiled a little.
"Anyway, hyung, I'm sorry, okay?...I really am. If you're happy with that noona, then I'm okay with that." I thought about it.
"But I don't think you are happy with her...hmm..."
I shrugged.
"But still, I'm sorry." I stood up, landing on my feet lightly so I won't wake hyung up.

 
"Just live, okay? You only have one heart now. That means you're normal already!" I said and patted his head again in a big brotherly way.
"Hehe...I feel like the hyung right now~!"

 
and then suddenly screamed when Taemin hyung suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me on his bed, beside him. I closed my eyes in fright.
"Yah, you rascal! I'm the hyung!" He said and I opened my eyes to see hyung hugging me while we're laying down.
"And I've always been normal!"

 
I smiled even though hyung can't see it because he's backhugging me.
A hug is always nice~ but I can't let hyung know that!

 
"Eew, hyung! Stop hugging me! It's so gay!"
I jumped up and away from him.

 
He laughed and let go of me, and I could finally see under hyung's room lights' that he looked tired.
And sad.
He had dark circles in his eyes, and his hair is all messy, and...and he just doesn't look like hyung!

 
I winced at this, was this my fault?
 
"Hyung, hyung, I'm sorry..." I touched his cheek but was hesitant, so I pulled my hand back.
 
"Stop apologizing, Kai...Hyung is not mad at you." He said and pulled me beside him to sit with him.
 
"Really?" I looked up at him, trying to see if he was lying.
 
"Of course! Hyung would never hate you. Of course, I can get mad at times, but you know that it doesn't last right?"
 
I thought about it for about 1 minute and three seconds (I looked at the clock just to make sure!) and nodded.
"It's the same for me too, hyung!"

 
Taemin hyung smiled and hugged me again before patting my head.
"But Kai...hyung didn't like what you did today. That noona...that noona that you drenched with your water guns is..." He looked up as if he was thinking.
"Well, she's very important to me. And when she's hurt...I'm hurt too."

 
"Huh?" I was really puzzled.
"But I thought you like Aya noona, hyung? Who is really your girlfriend?"

 
He chuckled lightly before pinching my cheeks,
"No one. Hyung has no girlfriend, okay?"

 
"What? That's weak hyung. Even Jonghyun Seonsangnim has lots of girlfriends! And I do mean LOTS!" I gestured grandly with my hands.
 
"Really." He didn't look impressed.
 
"Really! I mean, he says 'hey baby' to every noona that passes by our class! And you don't call a girl baby unless she's your girlfriend or something, right? Kris is really impressed with him!"
 
"Huh." Hyung once again just looked bored with my awesome story.
 
I wrinkled my nose at his short replies, "Are you gay, hyung?!"
 
"No!" He finally laughed.
"Do I look gay to you??"

 
"...Uh."
 
"Yah, Jong-In! I'll take away your iPad if you say yes!"
 
"I don't even have an iPad!" I frowned.
 
"I know, but I do!" He cackled like an idiot.
 
"Gah. How annoying!" I crossed my arms and pouted because I wanted an iPad too but mom won't buy me one!
 
"I'm kidding!" He pinched my cheeks again.
"But seriously, hyung doesn't like it when you do those things. Promise me you won't do it anymore!" He raised his pinky finger and looked at me expectantly.

 
"...Okay." I agreed.
"But hyung...you only have one heart now, right? We successfully killed the second one?"

 
He sighed before answering, "Kai, hyung really has only one heart to begin with. It's just that...hyung's heart...it's..." He sighed this big sigh again.
"It's...uh...defective."

 
"Detective?!" I was shocked, that my own heart is racing.
"HYUNG'S HEART IS SHERLOCK?! DOES IT SOLVE MYSTERIES TOO HYUNG?!"

 
"NO! BAHAHAHAHAAHHA! GOD, YOU'RE SO CRAZY!" Hyung was laughing really bad that he has tears in his eyes.
"I said deFective, not deTective! You're such a...dork. A deaf dork." He grinned teasingly.
 
"I am not!" I was kind of disappointed that hyung's heart wasn't sherlock.
"And the problem is your pronunciation, not my hearing!"
 
"Okay, okay. Geez." He rolled his eyes.
"But what's defective hyung? What does that mean?"

 
Hyung suddenly looked serious again,
"It means...it means that hyung's heart...is a confused heart, okay?"

 
"But...why...? How do you know that? Can you talk to your heart?"
 
"Sometimes..." Hyung shrugged.
"Sometimes I tell it to move on, or to stop being hurt, or...to just go ahead and love..." He blushed.
"Anyway, never mind that. What matters is that in the end, I don't get to decide what to feel. It's always the heart that has the last say. And it because you can't do anything about it." He looked frustrated.

 
"REALLY." I felt a headache all of a sudden.
The heart is such a bully! I never knew that.

 
"Really. The heart will hurt you if you don't follow it. So stop doing those weird things, okay? It's not like hyung has control over it."
 
"Okay." I nodded.
 
"Good. By the way, did you eat the dinner I cooked for you?"
 
"Yes! And it tastes really bad hyung. How come you only cook ramen, and how come it has milk--"
 
"Stop being so ungrateful! This brat..." He frowned at me.
 
"What? It's not my fault!"
 
"Whatever." He chuckled and looked tired again.
 
"Uhm..."
He raised an eyebrow in question.
"Nothing." I shook my head.

"Well...I'm glad we're okay again. I'm going to go to my room now." I said awkwardly and stood up.
 
"Yah, Kai." Hyung's voice stopped me from turning the door knob.
 
"What?" I looked at him, quite scared although I don't know why.
 
But he only smiled at me,
"Do you want to sleep next to hyung tonight?"

 
--
 
I stared directly at the handles of the cabinet in hyung's room.
I couldn't sleep at all.

 
Hyung is so annoying!
 
He keeps on turning and tossing and he kicked me three times already.
And it really, really hurts!

 
I think he's having a bad dream.
 
"Hyung, hyung..." I turned around and tried to wake him up but I was surprised to see hyung looking sad while sleeping.
"Don't go, don't go, I'm sorry...please..." He mumbled and suddenly hugged me, probably thinking that I'm a pillow.

 
I was about to push him away because bro hugs are so gay but I decided against it when I felt something wet dropping on my hair.
 
Then I looked up.
And saw hyung crying.

 
He's crying in his sleep...
 
"Noona, noona, I'm sorry...please don't leave. I don't know what to do anymore...please..please..."
I didn't even know people can cry in their sleep. Especially boys.

 
I felt sad while looking at my sleeping hyung.
Even in his dreams, his heart still hurts.

 
And somehow...I don't think...that this is something that I can still rescue him from.
 
Reason to Reconsider# 4: When Little Brothers Speak
Reason to Reconsider# 4: When Little Brothers Speak and they start making sense.
 
you have (1) HATE MAIL 
taemin_icon_by_xbluestars-d3g7se6.png

I just want to say that my little brothers and sister were in no way an inspiration to me while making this chapter.
They are not this cute, sweet, or nice.
They just always annoy the hell out of me and usually make me want to shoot water guns at them.
Or maybe even throw it at them.
So no credits goes to them.
At all.

Lol. Kidding. But seriously, this chapter is so dramatic. Eew.
Do you want to kill me already guys?
If yes, then get in line. ._.

I did this while listening to TTS' Baby Steps. So you might want to listen to it while reading...and just pause it whenever you encounter the random stuffs...

OKAY I'M SO SORRY THIS ISN'T A DOUBLE UPDATE! :( I'm just so busy. I promise I'll update soon! SUPER PROMISE~
I love you you! But of course, you already knew that, right? ;D