Reason to Reconsider #2: Because I'm the Maknae

☠x The Noona Hater x☠
 
Friday; Choco Milk—
 
She grabbed the person in front of her by the collar, with a glint in her eye and a smug smile lighting up her lips (which I noticed, had been smeared with Etude House's pink shini star lip balm, Suzy was wearing the same brand but in a different flavor), she had smashed her lips against that person.
 
I felt the color draining out of my face as I watch the scene unfold.
 
Her eyelids fluttering close like that.
Her arms encircling that person's neck ever so slowly as she brought the kissee closer.
 
I felt an uncontrollable emotion rising up inside of me, starting at the tips of my toes, hovering on my stomach, straining in my chest and bubbling up in my throat.
 
Before I knew it, I had stormed over to them and pulled them apart.
Don't even ask me why I did that.
It was as if I was being controlled by some other entity.
I wrenched them apart with some difficulty.
 
Bastards seem to enjoy kissing in front of me like that?!
 
"YOBO!"I hollered as I pulled them apart.
She glanced up at me, an innocent smile playing on her lips.
"HOW COULD YOU CHEAT ON ME LIKE THAT?! AND WITH...WITH..." I looked down at the person she had kissed.
"YUNA NOONA?!" I gasped.
 
"That's right." She had sneered at me, her eyes glinting against the harsh lights.
"I kissed Yuna. And guess what? She's a better kisser than you'll ever be!"
 
"WHAT?!"I immediately bared my fangs, ready to attack.
 
"What?Hurt already? I'm not even starting yet, jerk. How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine?! DOES IT ING TASTE GOOD?! HUH?! HUUHH??" She shouted back at me.
 
"B-But..." I gasp.
"Why with Yuna...noona...why..." I felt as though the life force was draining out of me.
 
"Uh. Duh. Yuri is so in these days! If you didn't know, aff has 1615 yuri fics! Although I think some of them mean SNSD’s Yuri…but whatever!"
 
"Does that mean..."
 
"Yes."She breathed, smirking evilly.
"Now watch me kiss her again."
 
"NOOOOO!"I shouted.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hyung! Taemin hyung! HYUNGGGG~!"
 
I spluttered and coughed, my eyes fluttering open to find my little brother holding up an empty glass in his hand.
"KAI!" I bellowed to my 7 year old brother.
"Did you drench hyung again?!" I wiped my face and shook off my drenched hair.
"Hyung won't wake up." He said in a monotone.
"I was getting tired."
"This is the third time you poured something on me!" I complained, getting up and getting my towel to prepare for a bath.
"Hehe...don't worry hyung. This time, it's not water or milk." He looked so satisfied with himself.
"What is it then?!" I glared at him suspiciously.
"Mango juice!" He giggled and ran out of my room fast.
"Don't worry, it's fresh!" He shouted.
"Aish! This kid, seriously!" I scratched my head and stepped on the bathroom.
 
Somehow, I'm glad Kai woke me up, today was the seventh time I had that dream again.
I mean, nightmare.
It's totally annoying.
But at least this time, it was Yuna noona.
This was the only time that dreams seemed better than reality.
 
"Oi hyung!" Kai rapped his knuckles on the bathroom door, disrupting my thoughts.
"WHAT?!"I shouted back while shampooing.
"MOM SAID YOU LEFT YOUR COMPUTER ON AGAIN! YOU'RE WASTING ENERGY AND SHE SAID YOUR COMPUTER MIGHT BREAK DOWN AND SHE WON'T BUY YOU A NEW ONE ANYMORE!"
"Yeah, yeah! Whatever!"
I hollered back and washed off the shampoo and soap.
 
Suddenly, I heard some suspicious noise outside.
"HAHA! HYUNG IS ON THAT WEBSITE AGAIN!" Kai continued to shout from outside the door.
I instantly panicked.
"I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET YOUR HANDS ON MY THINGS! YOU'D BETTER GET OUT NOW!" I threatened and stepped out of the shower quickly.
"HAHAHA! WHAT IS THIS?! YOU'RE READING THESE KIND OF STORIES?! HAHAHA! MY HYUNG IS GAAAAYYY!"
I quickly toweled off my hair and wrapped the towel around my waist.
"Yah! You brat!!" I shouted at him once I stepped out of the bathroom.
He was on my laptop and was scrolling down the page.
"Yah!" I carried him off effortlessly and pushed him out of my room.
"YOU'RE SO DEAD!" I shouted at him and shut the door at his laughing face.
Stupid little brother.
 
I hurriedly went on my laptop, logged off my account and clicked off the page.
Why did I spend all night reading that stupid fic anyway?
 
I'm totally unsubscribing...later.
 
--
 
"Eat your breakfast boys. You'll be late for school." My mom helpfully dumped bacon and eggs on our plates and my brother and I ate fast.
"Hmm...my boys must be so hungry today!" My mom laughed.
 
"Umma! Hyung was reading a really weird story! I saw it! I saw it on his laptop!" Kai suddenly said.
"YAH!" I hissed at him and threw him a death glare.
 
Kai smugly smiled and turned to my mother again.
"It's called...uhm...a...great...l-love story!" He said slowly.
"Yeah! Yeah! That's what it's called! Heehee!" Kai looked proud.
"I wasn't reading that!" I hastily said, blushing.
"Yeah? I saw it! Don't lie hyung! The characters were..." He counted off his fingers.
"Taemin hyung, Some girl named Aya, then Onew hyung, and some girl named Yuna...and...and...I think it was Sung...uhh...I forgot." He pouted.
 
"I TOLD YOU I WASN'T READING THAT!" I shouted in a guilty voice and my mom chuckled.
"Don't worry, Kai baby. You did a good job in reading and remembering! Aigoo, my baby's growing up so fast." My mom cooed.
 
I rolled my eyes and glared at my brother again.
"Why were you reading that story, hyung? It was so weird! Was it because you were the character?"
"Shut up. It's none of your business." I mumbled.
"Now, Taemin. Be nice." My mom scolded me gently and took our empty plates while I stood up, ready to go.
Kai stood up too and hurried over to me, grabbing a hold of my hand, as always every morning.
"We're going now, umma!" He shouted happily and my mom blew kisses at us.
 
"Bye boys! Have a great day at school!"
 
--
 
"Yah, hyung." Kai asked while we walked to school.
"What?" I replied sullenly.
"I'm sorry I went through your laptop." He mumbled and pouted up at me.
I can't help smiling, I sure have trained my brother well.
"Yeah, yeah." I ruffled his hair.
"Just don't do it next time."
 
He nodded enthusiastically.
"But what was that story about?"
"Uh...really handsome vampires and werewolves, weird girl superheroes...and this bizarre stalker/photographer." I mumbled, shrugging.
"Ah. Cool!! And I think a lot of people like it too, huh? I saw that she like has 900 million subscribers or something!"
 
I snorted.
"Not 900 million."
"Oh. Whatever. It was still a lot." He shrugged and skipped happily.
 
I sighed heavily and lugged both our backpacks on my back.
"Ugh. What do you keep in here? You have way more stuff than me!" I scolded him.
He looked at me slyly.
"Of course, hyung. My bag contains all the hearts of the girls who fell in love with me."
I scoffed. "You're only in the first grade, Mr. Bigshot."
"Hyung is jealous~" He sang.
"Because I have more girls~ hahaha!"
 
I rolled my eyes.
"Yah, you haven't seen your hyung at work. I have way more girls than you." I smirked.
"Yeah, right! I'm way better than hyung! Girls want to date me all the time, you know!" He beamed proudly and sprinted into a run when we got near his classroom.
I just laughed at how silly he is.
 
Sure, he's a charmer...but definitely no match for his older brother.
 
"Here's your bag." I placed it on his chair and squatted in front of him.
"Make sure to study, huh? Remember what hyung taught you in Science?"
 
He nodded. "Yes. Solid, liquid, and gas!"
"What's methane?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Gas."
"How about that mango juice you poured on me this morning?"
He giggled slightly. "Liquid!"
I smirked. "What about hyung's heart?"
"That's easy. Definitely solid!"
I raised a brow. "Definitely?"
"Of course!" He looked at me as if it was obvious.
"Hyung's heart is like ice! I heard some of the noonas saying that in the halls one time."
 
I looked at him in disbelief.
"T-That's not true! Hyung's heart is solid because he has a heart of gold, okay?"
He grinned. "I prefer to believe the noonas, hyung...mian."
I rolled my eyes.
"This kid, seriously. Fine, whatever. Just make sure you ace the test later, huh?"
"Of course! I'll make hyung proud!" He beamed.
"That's my little brother." I laughed and ruffled his hair.
"Hyung has to go now."
He nodded and hugged my right leg fast and ran off to his friends, while shouting.
"Today, we make HISTORY!"
 
I shook my head, weird little kid.
 
I swear, he has friends as many as the Super Junior members or something.
Not only that, one of his little friends always has a stick on his back and does wushu like an expert.
O_O. Kids these days.
 
--
 
I walked to class lazily, It's Friday already, but I still feel this way. Moreso, I can't believe it's time for advance calculus again.
 
I sighed, I wish I could just stay home.
I'd rather listen to my brother's weird, suspicious chants of CARELESS, CARELESS, SHOOT, ANONYMOUS, ANONYMOUS than be here.
SERIOUSLY though! I heard him saying those things over the phone!
I'm kinda scared that he's part of a cult or something.
Or maybe he's from another planet?
Well that would explain why he dances so well...almost as good as me.
 
Anyway...
I really don't want to be here.
I shivered and wrapped my jacket tighter around me. The air condition in our classroom is way too cold.
 
Not only that, there's too many noonas here resulting to headache.
Plus, she's in the same class.
 
I sighed deeply, to be honest, I've been thinking about it for some time now.
 
I never really thought she would take my YES seriously.
I never really...
If I knew...
I would have...
You know.
Done something. About it.
 
I looked at my hands, I knew that no amount of words would be enough to explain everything.
Or maybe it would just take two words to make everything okay again.
 
Okay?
 
Do I really want things to go back to the way they were before?!
I sighed again.
No. No. No. I don't want—
 
The door opened, but this time, I didn't lift my head up, I only followed her with my eyes.
She didn't even pause anymore, the way she always does.
She just walked ahead, looking straight.
 
I bit my lip and crossed my arms tightly, never did I thought that this room could get any more colder.
 
--
 
"Anyone who can answer this question?"
Onew hyung raised his hand in the air enthusiastically.
"Anyone else besides Mr. Lee?" Prof Yunho looked tired.
I stared at the equation, the answer was so simple but I was feeling too lazy to answer his question.
"Hmm...what about you, Ms. Toma? It's been a long time since we last heard from you."
I bit my lip. She got called again!
No doubt, she'd be in trouble once more, will be assigned more extra homework, and will be making a fool out of herself again.
 
I heard her chair screech a little as she stood up from her seat.
Prof Yunho smiled at her and held the marker out, gesturing for her to answer it at the board, in front of everyone.
 
I stared at the equation again.
y = 3sin x - 4cos x
Recalling D{cf(x)} = cf'(x)
then...
y' = 3 D{sin x} - 4 D (cos x)
    = 3 (cos x) - 4 (-sin x)
Then the answer should be...
 
"Well, Ms. Toma? Are you just going to stand there all day or what?"
"Just a minute prof..." She mumbled, staring at the equation and I was tempted to just stand up, take the damn marker, answer the equation, storm up to her, take her hand, lead her out of the room, and scream at her for being a fool yet again.
"HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT VERY SIMPLE EQUATION?! COME WITH ME NOW TO THE LIBRARY! AND WE ARE NOT GETTING OUT UNTIL YOU MASTER EVERY BIT OF CALCULUS!" Yeah. I'd yell something like that or whatever.
 
"Enough, Aya. Do you know the answer or not?"
I sighed deeply. I guess I should do this.
So I raised my right hand, ready to take her place.
 
"Prof, is the answer 3 cos x + 4 sin x?" Aya noona asked.
My mouth dropped open.
Wait. She got it--
 
"Y-Yes. That's the right answer." Prof Yunho looked surprised as well.
She smiled. "Just making sure." Then she made her way to the board.
"Well, there's nothing wrong with making sure..." Prof Yunho mumbled, still stunned that Aya noona knew the answer.
"Of course." She piped up.
"There's a lot of things I need to make sure before I rush into it." She gave me a brief look and finally wrote down the solution on the board, complete with the final answer.
 
I found myself dropping my hand back down.
She knew...the answer?
 
But whyyy?
 
I was looking forward to grabbing her and screaming at her! :((
 
"Good job...Ms. Toma." Prof Yunho seemed fairly impressed.
"Thank you." She smiled sweetly.
 
I frowned. Her getting the answer correct must've been nothing but a of luck.
Yup. There's no way she really knew the right one anyway.
 
--
 
After class, I stood up, relieved, and started to arrange my things.
 
Almost everyone else had gone off to their next class, whatever it is.
Mine was Biology, but it was also something I wasn't looking forward to.
 
I hoisted my backpack on my left shoulder when I suddenly heard a dull thud.
I turned around to find a notebook, multi-colored pens, a choco milk, mirrors, two huge purses, nail art kit, and a pink cell phone on the ground.
 
"Ugh." She mumbled as she bent down to get her stuff.
I bit my lip. Should I or shouldn't I?
I hunched up my shoulders and took a deep breath.
I know I should probably stay away seeing as how she's probably mad at me...but...I can't leave her here with her gazillion things scattered all over, right?
 
I approached her slowly, trying to walk quietly but she must've heard it because she glanced up.
 
She froze when she saw that it was me.
"Do you--"
"No." She said quickly and started to retrieve her things faster, avoiding my eyes.
I sighed, she didn't even let me finish my sentence.
 
I took another step towards her, ignoring her hesitation and still tried to help.
She turned to look up when she sensed that I was still standing in front of her and I almost expected her to meet my eyes, or soften.
 
Or maybe you know...
 
something that will let me know that she's not mad anymore.
 
Like in the movies. When the one at fault helps the one he owes an apology to or something, and suddenly, time stops and the camera goes swerving around them and they have this moment and like the girl goes all 'OH, I FORGIVE YOU, BECAUSE IN REALITY, I CAN'T RESIST YOU AND I WAS JUST REALLY WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT AND COULD SOMEONE CUE SOME ROMANTIC MUSIC HERE, PLEASE?!♥♥♥'
 
Yeah. Something like that.
 
When I snapped out of my daydream, I was surprised to see that I was alone in the room.
Hey wait, where'd she go?!
 
I quickly looked down, the floor was spotless except for...
"Hey!" I picked up the forgotten thing and hurried after her.
"Wait! You forgot something!" I burst outside the doors.
"Noona! You forgot your--" I stopped short when I saw who was outside.
 
Or rather, when I saw who were outside.
 
"Chan!" She smiled for the first time today, her face brightening as she greeted him and he took her things for her.
"Come on, noona. I'll walk you to your next class." Chan looked at me briefly, his eyebrows raised as he took her arm and led her off.
 
Aya noona looked at me hesitantly for a second then shrugged.
 
"Wait. Your..." I opened my mouth, but no other words came out.
This time, her look shifted to one of curiosity, although it was obvious she was trying to hide it.
Chan frowned.
"Your..."I tried to speak again, raising my left hand to give it back to her.
My eyes kept on straying over to her face, to Chan, and on his arm, which was possessively clasped around hers.
 
I frowned.
 
"You left--" I decided to try again, not letting this little distraction get to me, but I hesitated when I saw a flash of pain pass through her eyes, but it was very brief, as if she was trying hard not to let anything show.
 
"What?" She finally asked impatiently.
I couldn't answer immediately, her cold gaze made me hesitate.
She rolled her eyes in annoyance and resolutely turned her head the other way and proceeded to walk away with Chan.
 
I dropped my hands as I watched them go.
"Your..."I looked down at my hands.
"Your...choco milk. You left your choco milk behind..." I mumbled.
"What a waste..."
I looked at it for a long time, still trying to process what just happened.
 
Suddenly, the bell rang, disrupting me from my thoughts and I quickly decided to place it inside my bag.
 
Maybe I can just give it back to her through Yuna noona.
 
--
 
I sat in Biology class, this day just gets more and more bizarre.
What happened back there a while ago?
 
I closed my eyes as I remembered that moment, but I opened them again in defiance, why am I even affected?!
Ha. Wait. What am I saying? I'm not affected! Of course not!
 
So what if she didn't talk to me or she went with Gongchan again or--
 
I slammed my fist on the table.
"OW!"Ren, my seatmate, suddenly cried out.
"Woah. Sorry." I snapped out of it. I had accidentally slammed my fist on his hand.
"What the hell, man?!" He grimaced and I looked at him apologetically again.
 
After a few minutes, my mind flew again.
Stupid Chan.
Stupid Noona.
My eyes narrowed when her name crossed my mind again.
 
Did she just ignore me again?
Did she really just do that?
 
I huffed, disbelief flowing through me.
Well, she's something, that's for sure.
I bet she's purposely doing it. Just so I'll feel guilty or whatever.
 
Well, I won't!
It's not like I care.
 
I started to doodle on my notebook absently, still thinking.
Besides, her ignoring me will probably be a good thing, after all, I hated it when she was all over me and was always following me around.
All that shouting and calling me Hubby even in public and always being stupid and being so annoying, and even eating my cookies once, and...and...choosing choco over strawberry...and...
 
Kissing someone else...
 
And...
I slammed my fist on the table again.
 
"YAH! Taemin!"Ren cried out again.
I jolted, grimacing.
"Omo. Sorry." I apologized profusely.
"What the heck is wrong with you?! You just hit me two times!"
"Sorry." I sighed and Ren shook his head.
"Don't be so out of it, Lee."
I nodded absently, then went back to thinking.
 
Yeah. Well, all I can say is that her avoidance...is definitely a good change.
Yeah. Yeah.
Definitely...
 
I mean, come to think of it.
 
No more annoying morning greetings.
No more following me around or demanding weird stuffs.
No more having to deal with my worries of her changing me.
No more having to hear weird excuses about her behavior.
No more having to be embarrassed whenever I see her in public.
 
No more...noona.
 
To confuse me.
To make me have second thoughts.
 
I doodled continuously in my notebook, distracted and not really seeing my work.
Yes. This was definitely better.
 
"Yah, Taemin are you okay?" Ren nudged me.
"H-Huh?" I blinked and looked at him.
"Oh no! Did I hit you again? Sorry."
He chuckled. "No. But you've been repeatedly doodling sad faces all over your notebook. Something's wrong, huh?"
I looked down at my notebook, sure enough, there were lots of sad smiley faces on it.
I dropped my pen on the table, frustrated.
"N-No. Of course not. I was just...practicing my drawing skills." I grunted and closed my notebook with a snap, my hands were shaking.
 
I decided to focus on Biology, it should've been my priority at the moment anyway.
 
"So class, can anyone tell me the value of Pi?"
I frowned a little at this, why we're talking about Pi in Biology class is a little weird, but it's not like I was listening in the last 45 minutes.
"Yes, GongChan?" Prof Taeyeon smiled as Chan's hand went up in the air immediately and I rolled my eyes.
 
Oh great. What a superstar.
 
I stared at him darkly as he stood up and flashed a smile along with his answer.
"3.14159!"
"Wow, Chan. Most people would just say 3.14! Good for you!" Prof Taeyeon praised him and started to write something in her little logbook or whatever that little notebook is.
 
Tsch. So weak. Everyone knows Pi is 3.14159. But almost no one knows the next numbers after it.
 
I crossed my arms, still staring darkly at Chan.
"...26535 89793 23846." I muttered in my seat.
 
 
"Excuse me, what was that Taemin?"
I snapped out of it again to find my professor beside me, looking interested.
"Can you repeat what you just said?" Prof Taeyeon smiled.
 
Eh? Did she just hear me?
 
Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Chan narrowing his eyes at me and I inwardly smirked, standing up as well.
"...26535 89793 23846." I repeated, which was the continuation of the next 15 numbers of the value of Pi, while smiling innocently back at Prof Taeyeon and looking triumphantly at Chan.
 
Beat that, you stalker-noona stealer!
 
"Wow! Very, very good, Taemin! Plus points for you~" Prof Taeyeon skipped back to the front to write something on her small notebook again.
 
Chan smirked, and turned towards me, crossing his arms. "...26433 83279  50288." He continued, fighting back, his face was of complete innocence but the smugness in his eyes were unmistakable.
 
I almost laughed out loud.
WHAT? WHAT?! This bastard wants to wage a war with me or something?!
 
"CHAN! Incredible!" Prof Taeyeon clapped and some of my classmates were acting all amazed at that. Dorks.
 
I laughed hollowly. He wants to challenge the Great Lee Taemin?! He must be out of his mind!
 
"...41971 69399 37510." I stated, giving him a look that says I accept his challenge, while running my hands through my hair nonchalantly at the process.
 
"OMO! OMO!"Prof looked like she was going to have a freaking heart attack.
Suzy and Sulli both clasped their hands together, sighing dreamily.
 
I almost wished that traitor noona was here. I wanted to smile smugly at her and laugh while saying,
So this is my replacement, huh? He can't even beat me in stating Pi. Pfft.
 
Chan's eyes flickered, probably in defeat, and I started to relax more.
No way can he top that.
 
But suddenly his eyes glinted.
"...58209 74944 59230~" He suddenly said in a singsong voice, even including some aegyo, as if he was just stating his phone number or whatever. 
 
My mouth dropped open.
.
 
"FUUUUUUU--" Prof Taeyeon cried in sheer surprise.
 
My hands fisted. This jerk!
How dare he act as if we weren't having a silent competition over her this?
asdfghjkl
 
The smile that Chan aimed at me looked so evil.
 
I charged towards him, stalking at his direction with sure, dangerous steps. 
" …78164 06286 20899." I said darkly, continuing the battle.
 
He smirked, cracking his knuckles.
"...60726 02491 41273." He went out of his row and stood in the middle of the room.
 
This only made me more irritated.
He's really pushing me.
“…86280 34825 34211." I said slowly, now head to head with him in the middle of the room.
 
"Lee Taemin. You better give up." He murmured to me.
" …70679 82148 08651." He answered.
 
"Me? Give up? What's there to give up?" I muttered back and narrowed my eyes.
“…32823 06647 09384.”
 
"Affected much?" He smirked.
" …46095 50582 23172." He continued our fight while the others watched with rapt interest.
 
I hesitated a little inside.
I didn't know what comes next after that.
All I know is that I just want to bloody punch him right now.
 
But that would mean I accept defeat here, that he knew more.
That he was smarter.
That he was the right choice.
 
I won't let that happen, not in his mothereffin stalker noona-stealing life!
 
And since none of my classmates knew the real value of Pi anyway...
And I doubt Prof Taeyeon knows it as well...
 
"…07181993 1819 177."
I bluffed confidently.
This was the trick: Confidence.
 
I saw Chan hesitate as well, there was a little bit of panic in his eyes and I was sure he didn't know the values as well.
 
"Affected? Me? Over what? Her? You're kidding, right?" I gave him a mocking smile.
 
His eyes flashed and he took a step closer.
"You're going to regret this." He snarled.
"…08141993 1819 181."
 
I frowned, his pi values sure seemed a little bit similar to mine, or is it just me?
Then I realized it.
He was making up values too.
 
"There's nothing to regret when I didn't want her in the first place." I whispered, smiling sweetly.
"…05252008 1245 1372."
 
"Oh yeah? Then what was that back there? All that stuttering and whatever?" He growled.
"…04212011 415 203."
 
"It was nothing. I can't believe you think there was even something there." I mumbled.
"…16402 1178 20201."
I can see Prof Taey looking at us doubtfully, she was probably seeing through our lied values of Pi.
But none of that even matters now.
 
Chan smiled widely, but I see another emotion in his eyes. Something sly and secretive.
He walked closer to me, we were now only centimeters apart.
"Really? You don't care about her?" He muttered.
 
"No."I muttered back, not meeting his eyes.
 
"…10202 8711 20461." He automatically said when Prof Taey suddenly cleared .
He threw me a triumphant smile for a reason I can't understand just yet.
"So does that mean I can have her then?"
 
I straightened, drawing myself to my full height.
"What?!" I hissed.
 
He smirked.
"Taemin, I believe it's your turn now."
"five three five…" I said slowly, my eyes trained on him.
 
What did he just say?
He can have—
 
"It'll be okay, right? After all, I like her. Genuinely like her." He said in a low voice.
To anyone else, our small conversations would look nothing like threats at all because both of us were smiling, smirking, or pursing our lips.
 
Genuinely like—
 
"nine four zero..." I continued, still not being able to fully give him an answer to his question.
 
"...and you don't. You don't like her. Not even a little, right?"
 
"eight one two..."
 
"I'm not going to waste any time, thanks to you, she's running to my arms." He smirked.
 
My hands fisted.
"EIGHT FOUR EIGHT."I growled in a dangerous voice.
 
"You know how lucky I am? She's really caring and nice, plus she's so pretty. Don't you agree? Not to mention, funny, thoughtful..." He rubbed his chin.
"Oh and--"
 
"She doesn't like you."I spat the words angrily in a low voice.
 
"Hmm...maybe. But I definitely felt something back in the cafe." His eyes looked dreamy at the memory.
 
Back in the cafe...
He felt something...
He felt...something?
 
"If she didn't like me back, would I have felt that? No. I think she really likes me. I can just recall vividly everything. Her soft lips, the passion she put in that single--"
I felt myself lunging at him, grabbing his collar.
I can't take this anymore.
Every word that came out of his mouth made me want to explode.
 
PASSION!? PASSION MY !
 
"YOU IDIOT! YOU'RE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF HER! SHE DOESN'T REALLY LIKE YOU! SHE WAS TRYING TO GET OVER M--"
 
"TAEMIN! TAEMIN! OHMYGOSH!!"Prof Taey tried to pull us apart.
 
"I'm not taking advantage." Chan said in a completely calm voice and attempted to loosen my grip on his collar.
"I'm just rescuing her. From you."
 
That's when I lost it.
"YOU--She will never--She--She--YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A REBOUND!" I'm not even sure why I'm so mad right now.
 
"That's not what her kiss yesterday felt like to me." Chan countered, still trying to get my grip off him.
 
"Taemin! Taemin! Please! Stop it!"
Prof Taey was panicking so bad.
 
Yesterday? They kissed—
 
"WHAT?!" I exploded and shook him hard with each word.
"WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO KISS HER?! HUH?? WHO?? SHE'S MY FREAKING NOONA!"
"FOUR!"*hard shake*
"EIGHT!"*more hard shaking*
"ONE!!!"*Taemin hard shake attack finale*
I shouted and Prof Taeyon with the help of some of my male classmates pulled us apart.
 
I restraint myself while Chan coughed a little and fixed his collar.
 
"All right, all right Taemin. You win. You gave all the real values of Pi. Please stop now." Prof begged.
"You win, okay? You win."
 
I took a deep breath just in time for the bell to ring.
Prof Taeyon dismissed us shakily and everyone hurried out.
 
Everyone except us two.
 
"That's right, Taemin. You win." Chan looked at me, taking his bag and walking away from me but not before I heard him mutter words that made me slump down on my seat.
 
"Or did you?"
 
--
 
I sat outside, by the benches on the fields.
Alone.
 
I was alone again.
 
I didn't know where Onew hyung was.
Jjong hyung needed to rush to walk some girl home.
Minho hyung had basketball practice.
Key hyung was volunteering to help a friend go shopping to pick a present.
 
I sighed, I still can't get over what happened awhile ago.
Not over what Chan told me,
but over what I told Chan in return.
 
"WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO KISS HER?! HUH?? WHO?? SHE'S MY FREAKING NOONA!"
SHE'S MY FREAKING NOONA!
SHE'S MY FREAKING--
SHE'S MY--
MY--
MY. MY. 
MY♥
Oh my.
 
I winced visibly when I remembered this.
 
What has gotten into me?
How could I say those words?
Am I some kind of a fool? An idiot? A loser?
Or a combination of all three?
 
I put my head into my hands, trying to shake out all the bad thoughts.
How could I say those things?
Why? What's wrong with me?
 
I seriously cannot--
I just can't. I can't. I can't. I can't.
 
It's impossible.
 
She's a noona for goodness sakes.
A noona.
 
I held my bag harder, close to me.
I need to get a grip.
Come on, Lee Taemin.
 
I stared far ahead in the field, some were playing, some were laughing with friends, I even saw someone laying on his back and watching the blue, cloudless sky.
It's clearly a beautiful day.
 
Well...it would have been perfect, if only I didn't feel so confused.
So jumbled up inside.
So...hurt.
 
Suddenly, I saw a familiar figure walking towards the benches, she's clearly going home judging by her brisk walking.
"Noona!" I called out, standing up immediately before I could change my mind.
She didn't look back so I jogged after her.
"Noona!" I tapped her in the shoulder once I managed to catch up with her.
 
I was met with a cold, harsh glaze.
"What?!" She hissed, just like the way her best friend did earlier.
Woah. Are they twins or what?
 
"U-Uh...Yuna noona." I stammered, suddenly afraid.
"A-Aya noo--"
 
"It's sunbae. Yoooo-naaaa suuuuhhhnnn-beehhh. And Ahhhh-yaaaahh suhhnnnn-beehhh for you. Never noona. I'll never see you as a dongsaeng that I would like to have."
She narrowed her huge, ullzang eyes at me.
 
I gulped. "S-Sorry...Yuna s-sun--"
 
"Yoooo-naaaa suuuuhhhnnn-beehhh."She repeated slowly, still staring daggers at me and I tried to hide my confusion.
Okay. What exactly did I do wrong with my pronunciations?
 
"Uh...Yoo-naa.... suuuuhhhnnn-beehhh..." I repeated after her awkwardly.
 
She frowned.
"Yoooo-naaaa.... suuuuhhhnnn-beehhh... Not Yoo-naa. Mind the number of o's and a's, hoobae." She narrowed her eyes even more.
 
"S-sorry." I bit my lip.
"Yoooo-naaa.... suuuuhhhnnn-beehhh..."
 
"No! No! You still lack an A!" She huffed.
I was seriously annoyed, how does she even know that I'm LACKING an A!? Can she even read in words what comes out of my mouth?!
 
"Yoooo-naaaa.... suuuuhhhnnn-beehhh..."I repeated slowly.
This time, she only yawned a little, so I took that as a sign of approval for my apparently very lacking pronunciation and proceeded with my intent.
"Uhm...Aya sun--"
 
"Ahhhh-yaaaahh suhhnnnn-beehh."She reiterated, cutting me off yet again.
 
I sighed inwardly, what is with her and these looooong pronunciations?!
"A-yaaaa suhhnnnn-beehhh..." I corrected myself.
"
No!" She stomped her foot.
"You lacked the H's, Taemin! YOU LACKED THE FREAKIN H'S!"
 
I grimaced. "How could you even tell, sunbae?" I couldn't help myself.
"Can you even read the letters that comes off my mouth?!"
 
She smirked. "I just know. You always lack the o's, the a's, the h's. Do you know what they stand for, Lee Taemin? Do you?! You don't!" She said angrily.
 
"W-What?"
 
"The O's! OPEN-MINDEDNESS! OPTIMISTIC! OKAY! She enumerated. “Just even being okay…seems so difficult for you.” She muttered.
"The A's! ACCEPTING! AFFECTIONATE! AMIABLE!" She continued without skipping a beat.
"The H's! HUMILITY! HAPPY! HEARTFELT! HONEST! HUMANE!!!!!”
 
I was taken aback.
"Y-You don't even know me, sunbae." I defended myself weakly.
"How can you say that?"
 
"Yeah. That's the thing." She crossed her arms.
"That's me not knowing you. I bet I can add more letters once I get to know you better." She raised an eyebrow.
"I think I'm done here. If you'll excuse me, my charity work for the jerks is over. I've also accomplished a part of my sub-mission. I'm going now."
 
I was offended.
Charity? Sub-mission? What the f.
 
"WAITT!! OMIGOODD! I NEED TO TELL ON--" She glanced at me.
"I mean...my PARTNER. I need to tell my partner about this tomorrow!" She squealed excitedly.
"I did part of the sub-mission~"
 
I watched her stalk away happily, gripping my purpose of talking to her tightly.
I was a little bit unnerved with her weirdness. One second she's all angry and the next second, she's squealing about her partner.
 
What is wrong with girls?
 
"I just wanted to say that Aya sunbae left her choco milk, that's all." I mumbled, suddenly feeling hurt with her previous words and accusations.
 
I walked over to the middle of the field aimlessly.
Her words were still ringing in my brain.
I lack...
I lack so much.
 
Is that true?
 
But...
 
I'm not a bad person.
I'm just not noona-friendly, that's all.
But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm a bad person, that doesn't mean I lacked O's, A's, and H's.
 
I kept on walking, still pondering and quite hurting from these words that I almost walked onto somebody who was laying on the grassy fields.
"Oh. Sorry." I mumbled and looked down.
"Hey--Hyung? Hyung!" I said excitedly and plopped down on the grass next to Onew hyung.
 
He opened one eye, I guess he was relaxing or something.
"Oh hello, Taemin! Beautiful day, huh?" He smiled, his arms over his head as he watched the sky.
 
"It would've been." I sighed.
 
"Uh-huh..." He closed his eyes again.
 
"I had a really bad day." I mumbled.
 
"Great..." Onew hyung muttered.
 
"Yeah. First, I found out--Wait. What? Great?" I stared at Onew hyung who still seemed relaxed.
"Hyung." I frowned.
"I said I had a bad day."
 
"Yeah. Good for you." He mumbled again, clearly enjoying the sun's rays and the soft breeze.
 
"Hyung, I'm hurt and sad. I really need to talk to someone." I begged.
"I found out something and said things that I don't think I should have said. Then Yuna noona told me I was lacking. And I was lacking so much, hyung. I didn't even know I was that inadequate. I mean, you guys never treated me that way. Plus, I think I'm officially pissed off with one of my classmates now, and I feel terrible. I hate having enemies. You know that. But… that's not the worst part." I looked down at my hands, nervously clasping and unclasping my fingers together.
"I...I...I got ignored today. By Aya noo--sunbae. I mean, I know she's been ignoring me for days, but it just felt different today, you know? I want to approach her but she's being so cold...I think I...I think...I'm hurting, hyung." I confessed in a whisper, looking up at the skies.
 
"You know what's funny? I think I...
I...
I...
I...kind of...miss her...
but that's weird, right? You know how much I dislike her in the first place. I'm afraid she's grown into me...I...I don't really understand anything. Please help me, hyung. I really need your wisdom right now. Or maybe even some scolding, it's okay."
 
Or maybe a hug. A hug will do.
An assurance.
A ruffle of my hair, a banana milk, an arm around my shoulder.
Or a friend.
A hyung.
I just really need a hyung right now.
 
"Aww...I'm proud of you, our Minnie~" He mumbled as payoff to all my confession and confusions, and after a minute or two, his breathing got even.
Onew hyung fell asleep, I realized with a sinking feeling.
He fell asleep on me.
 
I was dumbfounded.
The Onew hyung I know would sit up immediately and interrogate me.
He'd ask me what was wrong, then listen patiently, pat my hair, then he'll give me a piece of advice.
Then he'll convince me to take him out for chicken.
 
It was always like that.
Why was it different today?
 
Just when I needed him the most?
 
"Hyung..." I nudged him.
"Hyung, I need you. Come on, hyung." I pleaded then stopped abruptly.
 
Why was I pleading? Begging?
 
Was I that hurt?
Was I that bothered?
Was I that lonely?
 
Yes. Yes, Lee Taemin.
You were hurt, bothered, and lonely.
Why else would you not enjoy this beautiful day?
 
"You could've at least listened to me, hyung..." I felt my lower lip tremble.
"You could've at least said that it was okay. That yes, I was the cold, calculating maknae. But I was also the one who needed guidance the most. I was the one who still needed to heal. You could've at least said that. That you understood me, despite everything. Just like you always do." I whispered.
 
Was it because I was so mean? So much of a jerk?
That even my friends--my closest hyung--wasn't interested anymore?
 
Did everyone gave up on me already?
 
How about you, you, are you giving up on me already? :(
I've seen your comments and they hurt.
 
They really hurt. D:
 
"I'm sorry..." I murmured.
"I'm sorry, hyung." I said, ashamed.
"I'll do better. I'll try to be a good boy..."
 
I felt my hands shaking.
"Just please don't leave me. Don't reject me the way she did. Please..." I whispered to my sleeping hyung who suddenly grunted.
 
"Mmm...too noisy...can't hear what magical chicken is saying...oh. Oh...there are no more eggs to throw. Must find rocks...Too noisy. Noisy...unimportant person disturbing my sleep...must hire hit man to threaten cold, heartless...
Wow. Fantastic baby.
Chicken. Don't go, I need to become an idol. Having premonitions of being a shinee member. Must tell Yuna...zzzz...unimportant human being still beside me...Zzzz" He mumbled in his sleep and I jolted.
 
"S-Sorry." I said unhappily.
"H-Here." I placed the choco milk beside his bag.
"At least, give this to her. That was my purpose for coming here in the first place, anyway." I whispered and stood up, hurting even more than when I first sat down next to him as I realized another depressing thing.
 
I wasn't even good enough to talk to hyung in his sleep.
 
Reason to Reconsider #2: Because I'm the Maknae
Reason to Reconsider #2: Because I'm the Maknae, I still have a lot of growing up to do. Won't you at least help me?

 

you have (1) HATE MAIL
taemin_icon_by_xbluestars-d3g7se6.png

 

Wow. I updated again. I'm seriously happy. Lol.
 
DO YOU GUYS NOW KNOW WHO GOT KISSED?
 
I hope so. There were a LOT of clues. >____<
 
Do we still need to torture our precious little Taemin?
We do?
 
Fine. 20 more chapters of torture for Taemin then.
 
I'm kidding. Just 19 more. MUAHAHAHA.
 
PS. Lol, and if any of you can guess the meaning of the MADE-UP PI VALUES, then you are definitely smart! HAHA XD Yea. They mean something. 
 
 
TAEMIN IN THE MAIN IMAGE IS SO ASDFFGGHGHKLKSLFJSFJHAKLHFLKAHJFKLHFLAJVCJFKDJFGKLSHGVJGKGSKF
Oops. Sorry about that.
 
Plus, I can't really visualize a 7-year old Kai but it's too cute and I'm such an exotic nowadays anyway... lol.