Reason to Hate #1: Noona's Heart

☠x The Noona Hater x☠
"Noona! Noona! Hurry up! Come on!" I said happily.
I am so excited. So, so excited for this day!

"Taemin-ah! Wait up! Don't run so fast!" She huffs, all out of breath.
And yet, I've never seen anyone more beautiful.

"Aigoo." I laughed and ran a few steps back.
I held her hand. "Come on."
She looked down at our hands questioningly.
I shrugged, not really wanting to let go.
"Come on! We're almost near the plaza!" I pulled on her hand.

"Okay, okay." She laughed, her eyes twinkling and her long smooth hair flying in the wind.
It took all of my willpower not to get knocked out by such beauty.
"What are we doing anyway, baby Taem~? I told you noona has a test to study for! It's in one week!" She squeezed my hand lightly.

"Don't be such a nerd, noona! You're top of your class, ne? No one's going to steal your position."
In my heart. I added silently.

She looked at me for a while and puffed her cheeks.
Isn't that cute?

"Okay, fine. Just this one time, huh? For my cute baby dongsaeng~" She pinched my cheeks.
I smiled tightly. After this is all over, she won't see me as a dongsaeng anymore.
I won't be cute anymore.
Oh no. I'll make sure of it.

"In here." I halted, a little out of breath.

She blinked. "Here? In the middle of the plaza? What are we doing here in the fountains?" She looked puzzled.
I continued to hold her hand and led her near the fountain.

"Let's sit first, noona." We sat on the edge of the fountains and just watched the people milling around.

"Mmm..this is a nice change from the library." She sighed contentedly as she swung her feet lightly.

I laughed and stared at her. Even though she's my noona, she doesn't really look like it, physically speaking.
She's two years older than me and yet, I'm taller than her.
But I know she's very mature. And really amazing.

I looked around.
They nodded at me and I nodded back.
Good. Everything's set.

"Hey noona? Can you wait here for awhile? I'll just...I just need to get something." I stood up.

"Oh? Uhm, okay." She nodded and smiled sweetly. "Come back quickly, dongsaeng." She laughed lightly.

I pretended to walk to another direction, and when she wasn't looking, I quickly went to the other side of the fountain.
They looked at me.

I gave a thumbs up.

"The signal." I saw Minho hyung mouthed to Key hyung.
They all nodded and slowly, Key hyung approached noona.
He handed her a balloon.

"Huh? What's this? I didn't buy a balloon!" She looked surprised.
But Key hyung just smiled at her and walked away.

Next came Minho hyung, with another balloon.
Then Onew hyung, Jjong hyung, and our other friends like Teuk sunbae, Donghae sunbae, Wooyoung hyung, Mir hyung, Minwoon, Dongho, and a lot more.

Each of them walked up to her with an interval of 25 seconds. Each of them gave her a balloon.

Soon, noona had a total of 20 balloons in her hand, and she looked so, so confused.
And so beautiful.

"Wait! Wait! What's going on? Is this a prank?! Is today balloon day or something?" She stood up, shouting to my hyungs and sunbaes.

Other people stopped and turned to look at the balloons admiringly.
She bit her lip and sat down again and glanced at the balloons, as if seeing them all for the first time.
Her eyes widened as she took in each balloon.
I smiled, loving her reaction.

I had taped in a love letter in each of the balloons.
In the form of post-its.

dropped open as she started to read each one.

That's my cue.

Swiftly, I took the last surprise from Onew hyung's hands.

"Good luck, minnie." Minho hyung gave me a thumbs up.
"Never knew the kid had it in him." Jjong hyung mumbled, looking at me approvingly.

"Thanks for all your help hyungs!" I grinned at them happily.

"Just go already! Make sure you catch her when she faints!" Key hyung smirked a little.
I laughed and nodded.

She was still reading when I approached her.
I knew she couldn't see me because all the balloons were infront of her face as she reads each of my unsigned message.
I can see that she still has no idea who's behind all this.

I took a deep breath.

A lot more people stopped to look, knowing something was going to happen with all the balloons and what I was holding.
I looked to the side, some of the hyungs were staring at me, waiting to see what would happen.
Onew hyung nodded at me encouragingly and I stepped closer to the balloons.

Time to end the noona-dongsaeng relationship.

"Oh my.." I heard her mumble as she continued to read on.
I cleared my throat.
I saw her look down at my shoes infront of her.
"Taem?" She moved her left hand, which was holding the balloons, to the side so she could see me.
"You'll never believe th--Taem?" She asked questioningly as she stared back at me.

"Noona..." I began.
"This is for you." I handed her the huge bouquet of roses.
They were white roses with a single red rose on the center.
She took it hesitantly and looked at me, confused and awed.
"I finally found the girl who stood out among the others, enough to hold my heart and take it forever." I said softly, explaining the roses.

"T-Taem.." She stuttered.
Some of the onlookers gasped. I even heard some awws.

"Noona..." I cleared my throat.
"Will you be my girlfriend?" I finally asked, kneeling down with one leg, staring in her eyes.

"Ohmygoshohmygosh! So, so sweet!!" I heard someone squeal.
"Go minnie!" Minho hyung shouted.

I smiled at the encouragements but I didn't look at anyone else but her.

I had fantasized this moment a thousand times in my head. I made sure to perfect every detail for this day.
I even got a part time job just to fund this plan instead of asking from my parents.
I just really think that giving her something I really worked hard for would be more meaningful.
I just really, really want this to work.

Her lips finally parted open after moments of just being shocked and speechless.
"Taemin..." She began, biting her lips.
My heart thudded in anticipation.

Finally! Finally! I wonder if I should do a cartwheel after she says yes?
or maybe I should just--

"This...is the sweetest thing that has ever happened to me." She continued, she seems to be struggling with her words.
I continue to kneel, just staring up at her while mentally etching in my memory every single thing that's happening right now.
Her expressions, the look in her eyes, her outfit, a pretty sundress, the sound of the soft wind blowing, the fountain, the people watching...

Everything.

"I..don't really know what to say." She blinked.

"There's no need for a lot of words." I put my hand over hers.
"Just a simple ye--"

"This is so lovely...but..."
I felt my heart drop.

No. Tell me I didn't just hear the forbidden word.
No. Please...

I swallowed hard, trying to think optimistically. Maybe she doesn't like the roses or maybe the balloons were too much.
But either way, she's not going to reject me.
Right?

"But..." She hesitated.

That's when my heart broke.
Because her eyes were filled with nothing but silent apologies.

"No...no." I shook my head.
"It's not supposed to be like this..You're supposed to be in my arms right now...and...and.." I fumbled for words the best I can with a breaking heart.

"I'm so sorry..." She murmured, looking at me regrettably.
But I was already starting to feel numb.

"Why?" My voice was starting to sound detached.

"Taemin...you are perfect. Every single thing about you is perfection." She said gently.
"You're smart. You're goodlooking. You're talented in a lot of ways. And you...just meeting you and being friends with you...it's a blessing." She continued.
I didn't move from my spot.
"But...I'm your noona. Your noona, Taemin. I'm older than you." She emphasized quietly.
I shook my head mentally.

No. No. I'll fight for this. I'll fight for what I feel for her.

I stood up. "I can wait! I can wait for as long as you like!" My voice sounded so desperate.

"No Taemin.." She shook her head.

"I can wait! Until you feel that the time is right! Until age won't matter anymore! Until...until..." I trailed off, my heart sinking as low as it can go.

She still looked apologetic and regretful.
"It will never work, Taemin. Never." She bit her lip and sighed.
"I'll always be a noona to you and I'll always see you as a dongsaeng and nothing more." She closed her eyes.
"I'm so sorry.."

"Please...give me a chance." I tried again and knelt before her once more.

"Stop it! Taemin! Stand up!" She scolded me.

"Noona..please. Please." I desperately wanted this to work.
She belongs with me.
She's my world.

Why can't she see that?

"Taemin...the two of us will never work out. Please. Let's just be like we're supposed to be. I'm your caring noona and you're my cute dongsaeng. Right?" She looked at me hopefully.

Suddenly, something in me snapped.
"Cute?! Is that what I'll always be to you?! I AM NOT CUTE! I AM NOT A FREAKING KID ANYMORE, NOONA! I'M NOT FIVE! I'M ING FIFTEEN YEARS OLD! AND I DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE ONE!" I bursted out and started to run away from her, from everyone.

"Taemin! Taemin! Wait!" I heard her call out.
"Taemin!" She was surprisingly running after me.
"Lee Taemin!" She caught up to me and grabbed my arm.
I stopped and tried to shove her hand away.
"Please..." She pleaded.

I turned to her.

I saw that she had let the balloons go, and they were now flying up to the sky aimlessly, going nowhere.
All my love letters for her...going up, up, up...the love I poured on each of those...and she let them go easily.
Like they're worthless.
Exactly what my heart feels right now.

"I'm sorry. I really am. But our friendship...is it..." She looked at me.

I looked at her blankly.
Call me childish, but the damage has already been done.

She bit her lips, they were trembling slightly.
"T-Taemin..." She sobbed.

But I just continued to look at her, trying my hardest not to care. She just broke my heart after all.
Okay, maybe I am a kid.

"Have your flowers b-back at least. I d-don't deserve t-them." She pushed them to me.

But I just stared back at the cursed flowers.
"Keep them." My voice sounded gruff.
"I don't want be reminded of my mistake." I turned my back to her and walked away.

And that was the exact moment that I started to swore off noonas.
 
Reason to Hate #1: Noona's Heart
Reason to Hate #1:NOONAS are HEARTbreakers.

you have (1) HATE MAIL
taemin_icon_by_xbluestars-d3g7se6.png

Ahhh~ yes! Finally! Update! I am soooo sorry because it took so long! >< I was waiting for my poster (which turned out to be super OHsome!) and now..I've updated! haha.

I can now tell you that the next chapters will be incredibly different from this one.

Why?

Er..you just have to read on to find out! haha.

And this chapter is for one of my favorite dongsaengs, Luci~~~~ *clapclap* for being so patient and supportive and offering to do a poster for this fic, even! awww (; neol saranghe!

and of course, also to you, you for subscibing and commenting!