Chapter 4

Little bets, MAJOR CONSEQUENCES!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“In about an hour you will lose the bet, because it will be exactly five days since Donghae and Jessica started going out together,” I told Hyukjae smiling like an idiot. I couldn’t help myself but feel bubbly inside. Hyukjae and I were standing behind the counter of the ice-cream parlor where we both work as part timers, and work at this time was slow. My comment made Hyuk a little uneasy so just to disturb him some more I kept teasing him then I said in a sing song voice. “Then you will have to kiss Siwon, hahaha.”

“Yes I know, you don’t need to rub in it,” exclaimed Hyukjae a little annoyed with me. But this just made me laugh even more.

But as always my happiness was short lived because right at that time came Jessica, just to be a little more precise a heavily crying Jessica. When she reached the counter, Hyukjae and I both asked. “What happened Jessica?” “Why are you crying Jessica?”

“Donghae Oppa broke up with me,” Jessica told us while crying like a baby.

My heart sank faster than Titanic but Hyukjae with a smile on his face, which fortunately went unnoticed by the poor girl whose eyes were down casted, asked. “When did he break up with you?”

“This morning, when I went to his work place to ask why he didn’t had breakfast with me when I clearly told him to, after last night’s dinner.” Jessica told us with puffy eyes. “I don’t see why he would be angry at all, angry enough to break up with me.”

Even though I really wanted to point out that the reason was painfully obvious, but I didn’t.

“I want a gigantic tub of chocolate ice-cream Oppa, so that I can mourn over my break up in the company of ice-cream.” said Jessica while sniffing cutely.

“Of course sweet heart,” It hurts to see Jessica hurt like that because she was a close friend of mine. “You just go sit by the window, and I will be there in a minute.”

When I came back after serving Jessica, I saw Hyuk looking at me with a huge smirk on his face. So I back tracked myself and went to sit with Jessica, just to avoid what Hyukjae has to say to me.

When finally Jessica’s crying subsided (After an hour) and she pulled herself together, I waved her goodbye as she left the parlor. Then I went back to the counter and was shocked to see that the huge smirk was still on Hyuk’s face. So I thought it would be better to get over with this sooner rather than later.

Hyukjae was standing behind the counter so I stood in front of him and started to talk before he could even say a word.

“Yes yes I know I lost the bet, you don’t need to rub it in.” I tried to bite him with his own words but to no avail because his smirk grew even more pronounced.

Then Hyukjae looked at something over my shoulder and said with a smile. “Ah…. And even the star of the show has arrived.”

And I froze with dread clutching my heart. What?! Kyuhyun was here? right now? What would I do? Then I turned around to see and Yes the star of the show has indeed arrived but technically Donghae was the centre of the bet. So I exhaled the breath, I didn’t knew I was holding, in relief to see Donghae making his way toward us.

But the relief was short lived because the anger came on surface and when Donghae was within my reach I slapped his arm hard.

“Aaoo…Hyung!! What was that for?” asked Donghae while rubbing his arm with his hand.

“Couldn’t have you waited till dinner tonight to break up with her, must you do that in the morning?” I asked Donghae angrily.

“Whaaat?!?” asked Donghae with confusion written all over his face. And he looked so cute like that, that I wanted to say sorry immediately but Hyukjae laughing like a maniac beside us was not helping so I kept fuming with anger.

Donghae looked at me and then at Hyuk for a couple of time, trying to decipher the situation. When he was as confuse as earlier then he thought to just change the subject, he wasn’t even aware about.

“So, how was the kiss with Siwon?” Donghae asked Hyukjae with a serious face. But his confusion was intensified when Hyukjae fell in another fit of laughter.

When finally Hyukjae’s laughter subsided, with tears running down his cheeks he said. “Oh no! I don’t have to kiss Siwon now and that’s all thanks to you.”

“Me?” a confused Donghae asked.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter