Chapter 11

Little bets, MAJOR CONSEQUENCES!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up before Hyukjae and Donghae. It was only 7:30 in the morning which meant perfect time to go back home and lock myself in my own room before Kyuhyun comes over, AGAIN I might add. And I wanted Hyukjae and Donghae to work out their tension between them without me being a third party.

I came downstairs and saw Hyuk’s parents having their breakfast. They invited me to join them, I declined but took an apple to show them that I won’t starve myself on the walk back home.

I slowly made my way toward my house, enjoying the fresh morning air.

“I am home!” I shouted and planned to make a bee line for my room when mom called to me.

I went to sitting room and learned that the whole family was already there and Kyuhyun was also sitting on sofa beside Mom. Seriously?!? It’s 8 in the morning; can’t he be at his own home sometimes?? Mom was looking at something on her tablet when she realized that I was standing behind her she hand over her tablet to Kyuhyun and got up to come to me.

She gave me a sad smile and gave me a hug, now I am really confused.

“I am really sorry son. But you have to know that everything happens for the best.” Mom whispered in my ear.

“What happened Mom?” I asked her, worried after we broke our hug.

“The first list for next semester students in Kyunghee University has been uploaded and you didn’t made it.”Mom told me in a voice people use in front of cancer patients who are about to die. “Even Donghae made it, and his result wasn’t as good as yours. Of course Hyukjae made it as well.”

“Maybe the dance dvd you submitted wasn’t that good. No offence but Donghae is a better dancer than you.” Yesung Hyung said, actually looking sincerely sorry for me first time in his life.

Dance?? Hyuk and Hae got in?? Oh so maybe I forgot to mention about my change of plans.

“No, Mom I applied for music, not dance.” I told mom and naturally everyone heard me.

“WHAAAAT….?!?!” Came a shout from all shocked people only Kyuhyun seemed to be smirking while looking at something on the tablet.

“And you thought it was not necessary to tell us?” Mom asked me.

Before I could say anything…. “And look you got in!” Kyuhyun said while putting the tablet on the back of sofa and zoomed my name so I could see from distance. Then suddenly my eyes met with Kyuhyun’s and his eyes were twinkling like they were trying to convey that he remembered the other night.

At that thought, my eyes went to his lips and he slowly his bottom lips, and it seemed so inviting. I flushed hard and my heartbeat increased, Mom took that as a sign of happiness and again gave me hug but this time it was full of energy, not timid like earlier.

“I am so happy that my baby got in, now my special lunch will not go to waste.” Mom said as she broke the hug then she pushed me to sit between Dad and Kyuhyun on sofa. “Now you sit with dad while I go and complete my preparation for lunch or let’s make it a brunch since you are home earlier that I thought. I am so proud of you.” And with that Mom gave me a kiss on my forehead and left for kitchen.

I scooted toward dad a bit more because Kyuhyun’s leg was too near for comfort.

“I am so proud of you son” Dad said while giving me a sideway hug. “Music or dance, whatever you like we wouldn’t have a problem at all. You know you could have told us, right?”

I nodded.

“Now I should go and help your Mom or else she will burn down the kitchen in her excitement.” Dad chuckled and left for kitchen as well.

“Kyuhyun Oppa, do you know that Sungmin Oppa broke up with his girlfriend?” Amber said to her favorite Oppa with a cheeky smile.

“Amber!!” I tried to warn her.

“Oh really?! Why?” Kyuhyun turn toward me with as fake concern expression as possible.

I just ignored him.

“Now my Sungmin Oppa is single again so you better make your move fast!” Amber told Kyuhyun looking very serious.

“Anhan….” Kyuhyun said while nodding his head and still looking at me. “I will keep that in mind.”

“Come on Henry let’s go play outside.” Amber said after her mission was accomplished and went outside. Henry ran toward me first and gave me a kiss on my cheek and then went after Amber. I was smiling at his cute gesture when I felt a finger tracing pattern on my leg.

I looked up to see Kyuhyun looking at me but suddenly I looked around and my eyes locked with Yesung Hyung, he was looking at us. He gave me a smirk and got up to leave as well.

“Hyung, where are you going?” I panic and turn to Hyung. He turned a bit toward me and smirking left the room without a word.

Okay now I am panicking. I need to leave like right now.

“So about the other night….” Kyuhyun started.

“Do you smell something burning? I think the brunch is on fire, I better go and see.” I suddenly said and got up to leave when a hand around my wrist tugs me toward itself and I fell on top of Kyuhyun. I put my hands on his shoulders to push myself up again but Kyuhyun’s hand on my waist prevented me, even though his hold was very gentle I must say.

“I am sure your Mom and Dad can handle that.” Kyuhyun said while making his voice husky.

I didn’t have the strength to look him in the eye so I fixed my eyes on his neck. Then I realized that his neck was so creamy and I had a sudden urge to lean over and kiss his neck to see whether it was as soft as it looks but thanks God I broke out of my trance and pushed Kyuhyun away. I was about to leave when…

“Sungmin.” Kyuhyun called in a soft voice.

I gulped and look back at him. “Yes?”

Kyuhyun gave me a flying kiss and I know it’s not possible but I blushed even more. Then I ran to my room.

                                                     

                                                                                        **********

 

 

Mom made an awesome brunch with all my favorites dishes. But I couldn’t enjoy it as much as I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter