Chapter 20

Little bets, MAJOR CONSEQUENCES!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As expected, the holidays turned out to be dreadful. As the days passed the number of teasing I got from Mom, Yesung Hyung and Ryeowook got more and more.

In the start of the holidays whenever I would come down for lunch or dinner, Mom, Yesung Hyung and sometimes even Amber would tell me to eat less. That I should start dieting or else I wouldn’t be able to fit in my wedding dress. Like seriously?!?!

And on certain occasions, when I was enjoying a T.V show or playing a board game with my dongsaengs, they would loudly talk about the color of dress I would be wearing on my wedding day or the kind of decoration I should have.

At first I patiently listened to their teases but I am only a human being so I was bound to snap. But no matter what I say the comment I had to hear in the end somehow was connected to my supposed wedding.

So in the end, I started spending my time locked up in my room, even Kyuhyun just kept knocking at my door and I wouldn’t open it…. I didn’t felt like eating at all or seeing anyone. But whenever my poor boyfriend came to see me he had to listen to the tease as well, sometimes I would nearly unlock my room’s door to go and give a piece of my mind to my family and get my boyfriend free from their verbal torture but somehow I always manage to stop myself.

Because Kyuhyun would always laugh off the tease thrown in his way… something I really wish I could do as well but I know I am too sensitive.

Finally the day of Christmas Eve had arrived and this year we get to host the Christmas Eve Dinner. I hadn’t seen Kyuhyun for three days now…. So I took extra care to get ready for tonight’s dinner. I know I won’t be teased as much as in normal days because of all the Dads being present.

As I went down to the living room I saw that everything was already prepared.

“Since you didn’t help with anything at all today,” Suddenly a voice said behind me and I turned around in surprise and saw Mom looking a little furious. “So you are on door duty, you have to receive all the guests.”

“Okay Mom,” I said while nodding rapidly.

“Don’t worry Mom!” Yesung Hyung said as he was putting bottles of soft drinks and glasses on a side table so they are in an easy access to the guests. “He initially planned to run and open the door on every bell with a big sunny smile since his parents-in-law are coming today. And what better way to impress them than receiving them in the house like a good daughter-in-law.”

Everyone laughed at Hyung’s lamest attempt to crack a joke. I only had time to roll my eyes and slightly narrow them at him when the door bell rang. I started to move at the most tiresome slow motion that I could achieve, just to prove Hyung wrong. It actually took me five minutes to reach the door in which the person on the other side of the door had already rang the bell at least 10 times, and who can blame them? It was freezing outside.

“Yes, yes. We get the point, now open the door.” Yesung Hyung finally snapped because my antics could be considered funny for only a couple of minute but later anyone would get bored.

I placed a heavy scroll on my face just before opening the door. But I was mentally praying to all the gods out there that the person on the other side was not Kyuhyun’s parents. Obviously I wanted to give a good impression, but was not stupid enough to tell that to Hyung.

I almost sighed with relief when I saw Ryeowook standing there with a pissed expression.

“Mom your daughter-in-law is here.” I shouted still standing in the door frame. I heard Hyung choke on whatever he was drinking and a laugh from Dad. Yup Dad is on my side! And two could play at this game, right?

Ryeowook’s pissed expressions cleared away after my come back on Hyung and I saw his cheeks flush red but they could be because of cold as well. I stepped aside to let Ryeowook pass.

“Hello,” came a really polite greeting with a bow from Ryeowook, something we don’t get to see every day and the shocked expression on Hyung face said the same. I just smirked at Hyung and whispered in a low voice “Yup! The best way to impress your in-laws is to greet them with politeness like a good daughter-in-law.”

The look Hyung gave me screamed Murder!! But I was saved by the bell.

“Hello Uncle, Auntie. Come on in. Can I take you coats?” I politely ask- no, no they aren’t my in-laws but Hyuk’s parents but I am a well mannered child.

“My cute, cute Sungmin!” Exclaimed Hyuk’s Mom as she gave me a bone crushing hug. Hyuk’s dad patted my back while I was still being hugged and moved to meet others.

“Mom, stop it. You are killing him.” Finally came my savior. Hyuk’s Mom gave me a Kiss and went to meet her best friend.

“Hey,” came a greeting from both my friends and then Hyuk asked, “Still alive?”

“Yeah!” I replied with a smile. “Come on let’s sit in the living room until everyone has arrived then we can go to my room.”

Hyukjae and Donghae were still greeting the rest of the people when the bell rang again. Usually I help mom in preparing the house and the food so this is my first time being on door duty…. I have to admit its tiring.

“Noona!” I exclaimed as I saw Sora Noona loaded with a lot of boxes and literally dying under their weight. I step forward and took half of the boxes and lead her toward the kitchen. “Why are you the only one carrying the boxes? Why didn’t Hyuk helped you?”

“Thanks Min! And I have the cruelest family, that’s why!” came an angry reply.

“What are these anyway?”

“Cookies! You know the tradition, everyone like to have cookies and milk snack at midnight. And like always I am the only one who becomes the victim of making these hundred of cookies.” Sora Noona said while huffing in frustration.

“Well you are the best in the family,” I replied, trying to boost her moral.

“Well I will love to see what they do when I get marry and go to America.” Noona said while folding her arms on her chest.

“Marry?? America? Noona did you find someone?” I asked excitedly.

“Shuuush! Not so loud. I don’t want them to know just yet.” Noona told me, clearly panicking.

“Don’t worry Noona. Your secret is safe with me.” I told her as I pretended to zip my mouth and locked it and threw away the key. Noona laughed at my childish antics.

“Thanks. But I heard your secret got out. You and Kyu, right?” Noona asked with am amuse glint in her eye. Before I could start my whining the bell rang again. I tried to warn Noona with my eyes and went to get the door.

Finally my- ahem ahem- have arrived.

“Hello Uncle and Aunty.” I politely greeted Kyu’s parents and get their coats from them. Kyuhyun’s mom hugged me and whispered in my ear, “Heard the good news!” I was beat red when she let me go and that made her laugh more. Kyuhyun’s Dad also gave me an amuse look and a special smile.

After my awkwardly sweet moment with Kyu’s parents I realized that Kyuhyun wasn’t with them. I pani

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter