Rush

I'm Tempting Our Maknae?

“And that’s a wrap! Good job, everyone!” the director said and everyone clapped.

“Thank you for your hard work!” the 10 girls all said and bowed in unison.

All the girls piled up in the van.

“Okay, Allison and Yoona, you have your Etude House CF shoot in a couple of hours so we’ll drop the rest of the members at the SM building for practice for US concert first before driving to the location. Its only two weeks away, don’t forget that and work hard, girls!” their manager said from the passenger seat.

“NE!” the girls chorused.

“Shhh!” the maknae hushed the loud members and pointed at you sleeping against the van’s tinted window, head nodding every now and then from the uneven road.

Seohyun moved your head so it rested on her shoulder earning faint and not-so-faint ‘woots’ and ‘awwwws’ from the members.

“I’m surprised you’re handling physical contact with her so well, Seo. The old you would have been sweating like hell and be groaning in ual frustration with even the slightest touch. But, look, you’re only blushing albeit you’re super flushed but it’s a start.” Sunny commented.

“By golly! You’re right. The maknae can show restraint!” Sooyoung teased.

“When are you going to do something, Seobaby? You two are the only ones not together and it’s obvious you love her.” Yuri said to the maknae beside her with a smirk.

“Shhh!” the youngest hushed again harsher-sounding this time with wide eyes, afraid that the sleeping girl would hear.

“Oh, please. We all know once she’s asleep she’s out cold kinda like…” Taeyeon said and turned back to the ice princess who was now lightly snoring on Tiffany’s lap in the backseat, “Jessica. See what I mean? I swear Allison’s just like Sooyoung and Jessica combined.”

“A giant sleep-loving shikshin.” Sunny giggled.

“With a stripping habit.” Hyoyeon finished with a satisfied nod.

“So, yeah, when will you two get together?” Yuri asked again.

“You need to move fast too. She’s busy now. Imagine how she’ll be when we get to the US.” Yoona added from beside her tanned girlfriend.

“Don’t rush Seohyun, you two. They are taking things at their own pace or do I have to remind you how it took Yuri four whole months to think how she would confess and how long it took Yoona to figure out she liked Yuri back? I swear, seeing you two was like watching some overly dramatic and mushy drama.” Tiffany said from the back seat, caressing Jessica’s hair as the ice princess continued to sleep peacefully, unconsciously having a sweet smile on her face at the contact.

“Fine.” YoonYul said in defeat, slumping into their seats.

Seohyun thanked her Tiffany unnie.

The maknae knew she could always count on Tiffany to be the voice of reason and sanity in the group. Sometimes.

Then again, it was pretty hard to find someone sane in SM these days.

“Although, I do admit that trying to get Allison would be pretty hard and exhausting.” The mushroom continued.

“Tell me about it.” The maknae sighed, playing with your hands that somehow made their way around her waist without her noticing.

Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows when she felt something vibrating from your pocket. She took your phone out and read the caller ID.

The words “Luke<3<3” flashed on the screen.

“Luke? Never heard of Soomin unnie knowing someone named Luke… two hearts too. I only have one… Ugh, don’t be jealous, it could be just a friend.” The maknae thought.

She lightly shook the sleeping girl resting on her shoulder and handed you your phone which you answered sleepily, not even bothering to check who it was.

“Yobosaeyo?” you mumbled cutely, eyes still closed.

“Noona!”

“Huh?” you rubbed your eyes.

‘Cute. An eyelash came off.’ Seohyun thought.

“Noona, it’s me!” your younger brother whined in English.

What is it?” you rested your head again on Seohyun’s shoulder and let out a yawn. The maknae tried to smile at your actions but still tried to strain her ears to hear the phone conversation.

She could make out a male voice but couldn’t really make out what he was saying.

“I have a favor to ask. When is your concert over here again?”

“Two weeks from now. Why?”

“You see… its break right now at my university and my friends and I are planning to go upstate for a road trip next week. It could take a while…”

“How long is ‘a while’, pabo?” you asked, eyebrow raised.

“A week more or less…” he replied nervously.

“Who’s gonna watch over Sticky and Ellie?”

“Exactly, can you? I know you have schedules and all but it would be great if you spent some time with her. She misses you soooo much. Sticky too, of course.”

“Are you sure you’re not just saying that so I’d come there and you can go and have fun?”

“Well, partly.” You heard him chuckle.

“Arrasso. I’ll try to finish everything this week and ask the company if I can go there earlier.”

Seohyun looked at you after what you just said.

Assa! Thanks, noona! You’re the best! Oh, and your Korean has really improved! You sound like you grew up there!”

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll hang up now. Bye. Love you.” You ended the call.

“What was that about?” the maknae asked you after you put your phone back in your pocket.

“I need to get to the US a little earlier. I might have to squeeze in 2 weeks worth of schedules into this week.” You sighed.

“Isn’t that too much? She’s already getting little to no sleep now. What’s so important that she has to double her work? And who’s Luke, Sticky and Ellie?” Seohyun thought.

Before she could voice out her thoughts, the van’s door opened.

“We’re here! C’mon, Yoona and Allison. We’re a little late.” Their manager announced.

“Oppa! I have something to discuss with you.” You quickly got out of the van with Yoona.

“Alright, get the girls to practice then. I’ll catch up.” He told the driver who nodded in reply.

And with that, the van sped off, leaving Seohyun frustrated at not being able to get all the answers from you.

 

 

The whole week was over in a flash for you. An exhausting, draining and stressful flash that is.

Juggling filming CF’s, drama shooting, radio broadcasting and piled up last minute individual and group photo shoots was hell. You only saw your members when you had to have group shots, dance practice and filming which once your parts were over you would be whisked away by your manager to another location.

You slept in the van and make-up rooms when you had free time and naturally got sick from lack of rest and eating.

Your group members were worried since you’ve grown skinnier and when they do see you you're either dozing off or rushing to another schedule.

So by the time you managed to finish all the work you immediately packed your bags and booked the nearest flight to Chicago, Illinois.

Although wanting to go back home quietly, information about your departure managed to somehow leak out to fans and they were surrounding the van when you arrived in the airport.

You smiled and waved behind the airport security who escorted you until you boarded the plane and finally got a decent sleep since what felt like forever.

 

 

Flashing of cameras, screams of excited fans and large signs with your name and group on it were everywhere at the airport when you arrived. Once again surrounded by airport security, you managed to get into the van with one of your managers tagging along.

You told them the address to your house, called your brother and told him you were on your way home.

 

 

Thanks to Keinohrhasen, JeTi10, Yuansaga, sunshiner95 and danshin19(I'm glad I brought you into youxidol fanfics then^^) for upvoting^^

 

See ya!

-Rei-chan29