09 The Unexpected

Werewolves and Vampires

On the way home after the meeting, you thought about what would happen once you reached home. But you couldn't think of killing it. You couldn't believe it was am actual werewolf either. But you blamed yourself for being so stupid.

 

"He's obviously just using you. Trying to earn your trust. And then one day, he'll stab you on the back," Taeyeon had said earlier. "A bite at the neck could do it. Or if you're not so brave, a knife."

 

Maybe it is true. Maybe it really was just fooling around with you. God, I was so damn stupid!

 

Wait, but if it really wanted to kill me, then why did it save me the other day? Uh...this is just too confusing. 

 

You felt like your head was finally going to explode so you stopped your thoughts and chose to do what you thought you make your worries go away. You were going to kill it. Tonight. 

 

You just hoped you'd have the guts to do it.

 

***

 

You pushed the heavy wooden door open and quietly walked in. You laid your coat down on the shelf in the doorway and when you entered the living room, you gasped. 

 

The wolf wasn't there. 

 

Immediately you began to feel shivers going down your spine. You began to shake in fear. 

 

You heard footsteps and banging coming from the kitchen. That must be that werewolf. Getting a knife from the nearest drawer you could reach, you began to proceed to the kitchen. You could already smell warm human blood and you knew the creature had transformed itself to its human form. Which you thought would be easier to kill. 

 

The sounds of banging and thudding grew louder and stronger as you neared the room. The kitchen door was closed shut so you sneaked up to it quietly and pushed your ears against it. As soon as you did, the sounds of banging and clanging stopped. It became complete silence. 

 

Suspicious, you backed off the door and took a deep breath. Gathering your courage, you pushed the door hard with your arm causing it to fall straight to the ground. 

 

Your eyes searched the room but you couldn't see anyone. Or anything. 

 

The "thing" must've known I was coming.

 

If you were human, you bet your heart would be racing like crazy. You slowly entered the room, holding the knife tightly in your hand. 

As you walked up to the kitchen counter, you saw a trail of blood on the ground. You bent down to examine it and stood back up when you heard the sound of a door creaking. 

 

You walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. On the coffee table, you saw something. A glass. You went over to pick it up and examine it. There was water in it. And there were ice cubes in it. 

 

The "thing" had to be here somewhere. 

 

Suddenly, you heard the sound of something heavy falling behind you and quickly turned. You got out the knife and got ready to attack. As soon as you did, something pushed you to the ground. No, not something. Someone. 

 

When you opened your eyes, you met the dark brown eyes of a boy. Wait, he seemed familiar. You instantly remembered. He was the one who had bumped into you the day before. You never saw it coming. 

 

The boy pinned your hands on either side of your head, making you unable to move. He was ridiculously too strong for you. 

 

"Let me go!" You shouted and tried to break free. 

 

"Woah! Calm down, I'm not gonna hurt you!" The boy said, his grip getting tighter and tighter. 

 

 "And why in the world should I believe you?!" 

 

"Because if I wanted to hurt you, I would've done it days ago," the boy answered. "And I won't hurt you, you can trust me."

 

He began to lessen his grip on your hands and finally let you go free. You pulled your hand away from him and rubbed your wrists. You got up on your feet and took a step back. You saw that he was limping, the result of the tree incident the night before. That'll give you a little advantage. 

 

"Just give me a chance to explain," the boy said. 

 

"Uh-huh?" You muttered, your eyes focusing on the knife on the floor just a few inches away from you. You weren't about to back down. Not yet. Taking the silence as a chance for you to act, you quickly reached out for the knife and held it up to the boy.

 

"I don't want your explanation. I want to know why you followed me," you said, your voice shaking. 

 

"I just needed help," the boy replied and began to come closer and closer to you. "And you helped me."

 

Without warning, he grabbed your arm, causing the knife to fall to the ground. He pushed you against the wall and pinned your arms against the cold stone. 

 

"Why'd you need a knife to kill me? Can't you just use your fangs?" He asked, curious. 

 

"Cause I'm different," you said and kicked the boy's leg, causing him to let go of your arms. Immediately, you turned and pushed him against the wall instead using your arm. 

 

"You're tough," the boy said. "What do you want?"

 

"I want the truth. Why did you follow me here?" You replied. "Is it because you wanted to spy on me, kill me?"

 

The boy sighed. "None of them."

 

"Then tell me," you said. 

 

"First let me go," the boy said

 

"I don't trust you enough to do that."

"Then you'll never get what you asked for."

 

You sighed. 

 

"Come on, Haneul. You can trust me," he said. 

 

Your eyes widened. "How did you know my name, you jerk?" You began to push him against the wall even harder. 

 

"Well that's another answer you'll never get if you don't let me go," he replied slyly. 

 

"No surprises?" 

"Like I said, you can trust me."

"Fine."

 

You removed your arm and let him go. He fell to the ground, panting. When he stood up, he gave you a smirk. 

 

"What do you wanna know?"