03 The Wolf

Werewolves and Vampires

When you finally regained conscious, you looked around in confusion. 

 

Who pulled me out?

 

You found yourself on the other side of the lake, safe and sound on the snow. You got up and the first thing you did was to scan the area. But nothing abnormal was in sight. Suddenly, you heard whining coming from the bushes behind you. You turned and gasped when you saw something you never expected to see. 

 

Fur as white as untouched snow with bright golden-like eyes staring into yours.

 

Bright golden eyes that looked familiar. You thought you've seen them before but you couldn't remember.

 

It was a wolf. But not just any ordinary looking wolf. It was much bigger than an average wolf. That made you realize, it MIGHT be a werewolf.

 

Afraid that it might attack you, you took a few steps back, at the same time getting ready to protect yourself in case it really does attack. But the more steps you took, the closer it came. There was a look in its eyes that somehow told you that it was trying to say something. Before you could run, the wolf let out a soft gentle growl that caught your full attention. It turned to the frozen lake, now only a surface of cold ice water, and then back at you again.

 

What was it trying to tell you?

 

Then you realized.

 

“Did you save me?" You said softly.

 

The wolf nodded.

 

You couldn't really believe it. If it was a werewolf, it wouldn't have saved you. Instead it would've just left you there. 

 

But why did this wolf help you? 

 

As far as you knew, werewolves and vampires HATE each other. 

 

Unless... it wasn't a werewolf. 

 

The wolf continued to walk closer to you. But this time, you didn't move an inch. You decided to take the risk. You cautiously brought your hand forward. The wolf bowed its head as your hand came in contact with its soft white fur. Slowly, you moved your hand and it gently on its head. The wolf growled gentlywalked up beside you, lying its heavy head down on your lap. You tried keeping your distance with the wolf but it growled and still came closer, so you just went with it.

 

Maybe it REALLY wasn't a werewolf. 

 

“Thank you, for saving me," you said as you scratched behind the wolf's ears. 

 

For a second there, you thought you saw the wolf actually smile. The pain in your throat reminded you that you needed blood. But although the source for blood was just right next to you, you couldn't bring yourself to kill such creature, especially after it had saved your life. You wondered if the wolf actually knew what you were. 

 

The night came fast. The sky darkened and the moon and stars came up, providing light to the forest below. 

“I better be getting home," You said as you got up. The wolf watched and tilted its head to the side as if it didn't want you to leave.

“Its late. Don't you have a wolf pack you need to get back to?" The wolf shook its head and growled in response. 

“Thats too bad," you said and brushed your fingers against its soft fur. 

“You stay right here, okay?" You said and turned to go but the wolf whined. Its whining sounded weak and sad.

“Stay here, alright?" you said again but the wolf ran up infront of you, blocking your way with its enormous body.

 

You sighed and laid your hand on its nose. “How about you go hunt? You must be hungry. Night's coming."

 

The wolf shook its head and stuck its tongue out hoping that it will change your mind about leaving it alone in the middle of the dark woods.

 

And it did. 

 

A smile appeared on your face as you saw the cute sides of this wolf. The wolf laid itself down on the ground and rolled around in the snow, later looking up to you and whining. You covered your mouth as you laughed at the wolf's sweetness.

 

“You want to come home with me?" You didn't know what you were thinking inviting a blood source into your home. But what you did know was that you had to make sure you'll be able to control your thirst around this creature.

 

This wolf saved your life, you owed it something.

 

The wolf's ears pointed upward when you mentioned the words “come home with me." It seemed happy. The wolf howled a long howl and ran up to you, putting its head under your arm. It lowered its body in front of you and whined. You looked at it with confusion. 

 

“Its alright. I don't need a ride," you replied. The wolf growled and pushed its body against yours. 

“You sure?" You asked as you hopped up onto its back. The wolf nodded and carried you the long way home.